Unable to add email accounts in 2003

I am having a problem adding a email account in Outlook
2003. Whenever I attempt to add a new account the window
that has Server Type all of the options are greyed out.
If I create a new account on the workstation then I can
add a new email account.  Any ideas on the cause of this
problem?  I've tried removing all the outlook config file
from the Documents and setting directory but this has
still occured?

Brian
0
bkentley (2)

Are you trying to add an account from Control Panel->Mail Icon?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brian Kentley
asked:

| I am having a problem adding a email account in Outlook
| 2003. Whenever I attempt to add a new account the window
| that has Server Type all of the options are greyed out.
| If I create a new account on the workstation then I can
| add a new email account.  Any ideas on the cause of this
| problem?  I've tried removing all the outlook config file
| from the Documents and setting directory but this has
| still occured?
|
| Brian

0
MillyS5166 (1132)
2/10/2004 3:00:52 AM
Have you tried creating a new mail profile?

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:da9401c3ef6e$6315a5f0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
Brian Kentley wrote:

> I am having a problem adding a email account in Outlook
> 2003. Whenever I attempt to add a new account the window
> that has Server Type all of the options are greyed out.
> If I create a new account on the workstation then I can
> add a new email account.  Any ideas on the cause of this
> problem?  I've tried removing all the outlook config file
> from the Documents and setting directory but this has
> still occured?
>
> Brian

I cannot add a account from the control panel or from
outlook.   The only way I have been able to add an
account was to create a new workstation user, then start
up

0
bkentley (2)
2/10/2004 3:35:31 AM
I am having the same problem. I am trying to add a new
account from both the outlook email accounts ad the
control panel-> mail option. Even if I create a new
profile they are still greyed out. Any help on this would
be great. I cant even add a pop3 they are all grey. I
currentl yhave on exchance server account installed.
0
stubrown1 (1)
2/10/2004 3:50:12 PM
Milly, you answer everything here with a stupid question, why?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <MillyS@donteventhingaboutmailingmemvps.org>
wrote in message news:#e9dZI47DHA.1816@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> Are you trying to add an account from Control Panel->Mail Icon?
>
> --�
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
> without reading.
>
> After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Brian Kentley
> asked:
>
> | I am having a problem adding a email account in Outlook
> | 2003. Whenever I attempt to add a new account the window
> | that has Server Type all of the options are greyed out.
> | If I create a new account on the workstation then I can
> | add a new email account.  Any ideas on the cause of this
> | problem?  I've tried removing all the outlook config file
> | from the Documents and setting directory but this has
> | still occured?
> |
> | Brian

0
no9841 (13)
2/15/2004 4:35:59 AM
Jocelyn, why do ask this crap?
Fix the software and learn how to test your crap.

"Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" <jfiorelloNOSPAM@mvps.org> wrote in
message news:uylmRL47DHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Have you tried creating a new mail profile?
>
> --
> Jocelyn Fiorello
> MVP - Outlook
>
> *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
> reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***
>

> In news:da9401c3ef6e$6315a5f0$a601280a@phx.gbl,
> Brian Kentley wrote:
>
> > I am having a problem adding a email account in Outlook
> > 2003. Whenever I attempt to add a new account the window
> > that has Server Type all of the options are greyed out.
> > If I create a new account on the workstation then I can
> > add a new email account.  Any ideas on the cause of this
> > problem?  I've tried removing all the outlook config file
> > from the Documents and setting directory but this has
> > still occured?
> >
> > Brian

0
no9841 (13)

disposable email address service?
Is there a disposable email address service that integrates with outlook to some degree so I don't have to log-in via a browser to generate a new address? Plus, after using a web site to generate different addresses, I found it hard to keep track which address was given to whom. Although the service I use allows me to attach a note to each email address, there is no way to quickly view the list of addresses and the notes attached to them. I have to drill down each address to see the note, and doing this over a web site is painfully slow. Google is your friend. -- Milly Staple...

Removing Add Inns
I have an Essbase Add In installed in my version of Excel. Is there a way to remove it. I don't use it. Uncheck under tools>add-ins and if it is in a startup folder remove it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Leon" <greg_wikle@balinet.com> wrote in message news:emEVXwP5DHA.1804@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have an Essbase Add In installed in my version of Excel. Is there a way to > remove it. I don't use it. > > ...

Bad
Yesterday, I asked this over on the m.p.outlook.general group and despite there being 170+ new messages there today, none was a reply to my question. Not even a "must be a user error" type answer. So I'm asking here too. I have searched both Google and the msnews. groups and have seen a few others ask similar questions, but have not yet found an answer. My situation is as follows: OL 2003 Imap server Preview Pane is OFF View is set to IMAP Hide marked for Deletion There are no rules to delete any messages whatsoever - there is in fact, only 1 rule, which looks for ...

Stuck emails
I have a email that has become lodged in different user's email boxes. When they open their emails this particular one always shows as a new email but when opened only shows a page can not be displayed screen. Also when I attempt to delete it an error pops up saying "some items can't be deleted either because they were moved, already deleted, or access was denied. How do I delete this email? have you tried a "shift delete"? have you tried deleting it in OWA? are these users running Outlook in cached mode? "Matt Wood" <Matt Wood@discussions.microsoft....

Unable to open calendar

Add Cash Inflows and Outflows to the Cashflow Calendar
Currently the Cashflow Calendar show a Net Cash Inflow or Net Cash Outflow on the calendar. It would be helpful to show Cash Receipts and Cash Disbursements separetly. -- Thomas J. Browne Chief Financial Officer Bellefairejcb.org ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

Opening up a Word doc; Retrieving Outlook Email Messages
I want to open up a microsoft word document, however when I choose "file" "open" it only opens up a grey word doc without the text showing up in the doc, even though I have plenty of disc space, and tried "system restore", also tried a "full-system scan" and no viruses were found. A message dialogue box use to pop up when I tried to open the doc which said: "Check the file permissions for the document drive" - how do I do that? It also said: "Make sure there is sufficient free memory" How? and lastly it said: "Open the ...

Add node in TreeView
Hello, I'm trying to add node in TreeView (SDI) but I don't want to add it in OnInitialUpdate. Could anyone advise me how to do it or suggest me any link? Thank you very much in advance. On Sep 12, 2:50 pm, Atilla <kececi.para...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Hello, > > I'm trying to add node in TreeView (SDI) but I don't want to add it in > OnInitialUpdate. Could anyone advise me how to do it or suggest me any > link? > > Thank you very much in advance. Hi Atilla, First explain your problem clearly. Why you dont want to do it in OnInitialUpdate? ...

HELP: Heavy Computer Slowdown during Outlook 2003 email download.
Hi, I have Win Pro XP (with Service Pack 1) and Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360 SP1) Email System is based on POP3 and SMTP I use Spamnet as antispam software (a Outlook plugin) and Trend Micro Internet Security as an Antivirus. No other plugins or addins on Outlook. When I download emails, all other open programas aver very very slow and non responsive. It does not freez but it is almost imposible to work on the computer... al I can do is wait until all emails are downloaded. Then I have control again. ALso, it takes about 15 minutes every morning to download 2MB of emails. I uninstalled SpamNe...

Outlook Email #12
I am hoping someone can solve a problem for me. I am trying to use Outlook as my email server through Comcast. It initially worked. Now my emails no longer come to Outlook, but stay at the Comcast Webmail. As far as I can tell, I have everything configured correctly in Outlook. Any ideas why this is not working? Ann Nope - have you tried looking at your account settings as laid out by Comcast on their website? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...

MS Mooney 2003 Freezes when pulldowns selected
I installed Money 2003 back in January. Ever since that install I have problems with the application freezing every time I select a pulldown menu - for example if I try to split a transaction between multiple categories and try to use the pull down to select the category the application freezes, and I have to Crtl-Alt-Delete to claose the application. I can close the application and it will restart without rebooting the computer. >-----Original Message----- > I installed Money 2003 back in January. Ever since >that install I have problems with the application ...

Auto Save Add-In
Hi Dave Thanks very much for the detailed instructions, I will follow them an let you know Charle -- Charles ----------------------------------------------------------------------- CharlesF's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=874 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26197 ...

Error sending email from Order using template
I created an email template to be used to confirm receipt of an order. It copies a few fields from the Order Form. It does not work, but shows a really helpful error message: MS CRM Web Page Dialog -An error has occurred; please consult your SA. Well, that's me. But I have no clue where to look. The built-in Order Thank You template shows the same behavior: Error. I made lots of email templates to be used from the Opportunity and Quote forms; these all work fine. I tried switching on tracing on the client (don't want to mess with the server registry keys) so I would get some ad...

what method to add function to right click list ?
Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. Outlook provides no way to do that.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "wong" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:04fd01c557a2$5e0d5e20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Maining to add Local personal Address Book (.pab) to=20 > right click menus. In Outlook97 had these function. > Thank you...

Emails aren't sent immediately
Am operating XP Pro and Outlook 2002 (XP). I have one system that refuses to send emails immediately. I have gone back into the settings and verified that the "Send immediately when connected" box is checked. The system appears to wait until the "default" automatic send/receive time has elapsed. Any thoughts would be appreciated. AL State your mail account and connection type. Look in the File Menu. See if you aren't checked to "Work Offline" -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "AL" <@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:10bnn3kj5oi9ue6@cor...

outlook 2003 notes #2
ok in outlook 2002 and older versions you could drag an email to notes and outlook would convert the whole email to a note. with outlook 2003 if you do that you will only get the to, from time sent and the subject line. anyone know why this is? I get the entire body of the email when I do this. What is your mail format? Do you have any add-ins installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference ...

2003 exchange server
i keep geting an event id error 1362....The soruce is MSExchangeSRS and the category is LDAP Interface... Does anyone know what/how to fix this? hi guys, one of our java application need send report file as attachment to our client.we use exchange 2003 as SMPT server. when I send a file (named file1) uder C driver, such as C:\file1. when client receive it, the file name is changed to C_file1, the content of the file is all right. only the file name is automatically changed. any clue for this problem. there is no problem for Exchange5.5. thanks a lot peter ...

Duplicate Emails
Hi all, we have started receiving duplicate emails to out bt/yahoo account. Noone has changed our settings so cannot see why this is happening .... any suggestions on how to resolve please? Thanks in advance. "infinitymum" <infinitymum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A040556-F362-42F5-8324-43CFA4089908@microsoft.com... > Hi all, we have started receiving duplicate emails to out bt/yahoo > account. > Noone has changed our settings so cannot see why this is happening .... > any > suggestions on how to resolve please? Thanks in adv...

PGP email
I need to provide secure email fr some of my users. I have exchange 2003 stnd. Does anyone have any recommendations? anything in exchange that can do this? ...

unable to scroll the page

cannot see email progess anymore not showing ex. 3 of 25 emails
outlook 2007. after clicking on the send receive button the email progress does not show anymore at the bottom right page. the in box used to show the progress of the number of emails downloaded. ecample 3 of 84 emails ...

Can not get emails to flow down to a .pst file
I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have tried every thing I could think of. Please help. On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:35:01 -0700, "Glenn" <GRyan@prideindustries.com> wrote: >I have tried removing the profiles and re-initiating >them. For whatever reason, it will not drop down into her >personal folder, or .pst file. It has been ongoing for 1 >week now. I also rebooted the PC. I have trie...