Two Outlook Users on XP

We just replaced our old computer with a new Dell. I
loaded Office XP and transferred my Outlook 2002 email to
the new computer. However, ever since we started using
this new one, we are having trouble seeing the email on
both "sides" of XP. When I log in, the email downloads to
my side, but is not replicated on his side. When he logs
in, all of the email downloads to his side and is not seen
on my side. We have checked all of the set-up and
settings, and have been looking through all support to try
to find a clue. It worked before, so I am at a loss as to
what the problem is. We each have a separate account, his
is the default on his side and mine is on my side. I'm not
sure what the correct action is, I just know it used to
load so we could see all email no matter who was logged
in. Anyone recognize this problem and have some help?
THANKS if you do!!
0
anonymous (74722)

"cathicv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We just replaced our old computer with a new Dell. I
> loaded Office XP and transferred my Outlook 2002 email to
> the new computer. However, ever since we started using
> this new one, we are having trouble seeing the email on
> both "sides" of XP. When I log in, the email downloads to
> my side, but is not replicated on his side. When he logs
> in, all of the email downloads to his side and is not seen
> on my side. We have checked all of the set-up and
> settings, and have been looking through all support to try
> to find a clue. It worked before, so I am at a loss as to
> what the problem is. We each have a separate account, his
> is the default on his side and mine is on my side. I'm not
> sure what the correct action is, I just know it used to
> load so we could see all email no matter who was logged
> in. Anyone recognize this problem and have some help?
> THANKS if you do!!

What has happened is that you have created two pst files - one for each
user. What you need to do is to move one of them to the Shared Files Folder
and point both users' copy of Outlook at that one file. The only downside is
that you cannot have both users logged on and using Outlook at the same
time.

HTH

0
me9 (928)
12/2/2003 4:14:45 PM
Thanks. I've been buried in online school work and have
not been back. What you say sounds logical but a bit
beyond my capabilities. When I search I do find a Personal
Folders (1) and (2). However there is a .pst in All
users\application data, cathi\application data,
cathi\local settings\application data and jeff\application
data and jeff\local settings\application data. He also has
the (2).pst in jeff\local settings\application data.

There are so many I am not sure which one to take to the
shared folder and whether or not I have to delete the
rest. Then I do not see how to point to that one, so I am
pretty sure I'll end up with no Outlook functioning at all.

Any idea of a place I could look for instructions on this?
It does seem all fouled up some how.

Thanks again,
Cathi

0
anonymous (74722)

synchiing two computers?

Outlook 2000 #134
Hello, Is there a way to set Outlook so that my wife has a totally different experience with outlook than I. That her email accounts and calendars and reminders dont show when I am on and then they do when she it on? Do I have to use User Accounts in Windows to accomplish this? Thanks Chuck If you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode, then yes, you would need to have separate Windows logins to accomplish this -- IMO mode doesn't support separate mail profiles within Outlook itself. (Later versions of Outlook have done away with separate modes and allow multiple m...

Microsoft is a bunch of crooks and imbeciles, burned my copy of xp
Microsoft is a bunch of crooks and imbeciles, burned my copy of xp. After spending a whole Saturday afternoon re-installing Xp, because it no longer worked, losing all previously installed programs and drivers in the process, because it would hang in install in some unknown place, had to start on a clean disk, and finally got it working with internet access, when I started it again today, a week or so later, it decided that my Logitech mouse was a 'MS mouse', and the cursor jumped all over the screen. Had enough. I would like to hit Bill Gates and Balmer in the face for makin...

Display Logged-in User Picture?
Does anyone know if and how I can automatically display the My Site profile picture of the currently logged in user? Is it possible to display this picture in a Content Editor Web Part? -- Thanks, Brad Not that I have an answer, and I'm not trying to be snarky. I often see questions like this, and I'm just wondering... why do you want to do this? -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "hedbeb" <hedbeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B33238E5-2055-44D7-8A2B-05482FE0386F@microsoft.com... &g...

Outlook today Entries
How many can you have? ...

Trouble sending messages via Outlook 2000
I can't send any messages via Outlook 2000. When I hit NEW, the SEND option is not there and other toolbar functions are grayed out. ...

Deleting old email account from Outlook
Switched ISP > 6 months ago. Still receiving emails addressed to my prior email address despite fact that prior ISP says they deactivated the account at my initial request (i.e. six months ago). I've gone trough the steps of Tools/email account, deleting the account onscreen, and my computer now does not list the prior account, but yet the emails keep coming. How do I kill this prior email account. Help much appreciated. Ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Switched ISP > 6 months ago. Still receiving emails > addressed to my prior email addre...

Outlook 2002-can't open pst
Cannot open outlook 2002 archived =.pst files.They exist,but Outlook won't display any information when opened from "file/open/personal folders". There is only a blank screen. Help? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Cannot open outlook 2002 archived =.pst files.They >exist,but Outlook won't display any information when >opened from "file/open/personal folders". There is only a >blank screen. Help? >Thanks >. > Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against each of your .PST files to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a ...

Where do I find the Payment Request Wizard in Outlook?
I'm trying to set up a PayPal account and cannot find where the Payment Request Wizard is for Outlook or Outlook Express. Anyone know? ...

Multiple E-Mail Accounts in Outlook #2
For the last couple of years I have been using Outlook Express but would now start using MIcrosoft Outlook. I was trying to setup my accounts and everything when I realised that I can not have more than 1 e-mail account on outlook. On Outlook Express I had multiple identities (1 for each of my e-mail addresses). It is important for me to keep my e-mails separate. Also on outlook I know I can put lots of accounts on the main identitity, but this means all the messages will go to the Inbox and when I send an e-mail it will use the default e-mail address to send the e-mail. What can I do? T...

s-mail plugin for outlook
Hi my attachments are in an encrypted form and after I open them once I see them fine but the second time I open them they remain encrypted. I am using the s-mail plugin. Any help greatly appreciated. I also cannot send messages although I can receive them. ...

Getting to Outlook express from Outlook 97, for newsgroups
Hi, Ive got both Outlook 97 and Outlook2000 on different machines, along with Outlook express. Have made a shortcut button to get to news from Out2000, but don't know how to access News from within Out87. Is there a way. -- Gerry Mitas Ryemont Abbey, Leixlip, Co. Kildare Phone: 01 6104509 Fax:01 601 4716 Info@mitas.ie www.mitas.ie _______________ DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, co...

Missing sections in CRM 3.0 using XP
I have upgraded my computer to XP PRO Sp2 and now I'm missing some sections, namely Setting on the left side of the screen. The Setting menu is in the GOTO menu but it doesn't work. I get a blank screen. Also the Articles function is missing in the NEW Menu. I can go to another computer running WIN2KPro and it works fine. I'm pretty sure it's just a setting in the Internet Options of IE but I have compared and don't notice a difference. Yes, I have turned off the local firewall. Ernest ------=_NextPart_0001_7245F7CE Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encod...

Outlook Connector for Hotmail & Outlook 2007
I couldnt synchronize properly with my hotmail account and my calendars, tasks, contacts doesnt sync the current connector doesn't work with outlook 2007 - you need to wait for an updated version of the connector. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Synchronizing Outlook 2000 with Blackberry Curve 8900
When I use the Blackberry Desktop software to synchronize desktop with my blackberry I'm prompted to browse for my Contacts file. When I hit browse, it defaults to the Blackberry folder. Where are my outlook contacts and notes likely to be stored? Any help would be greatly appreciated..... You will need to consult the Blackberry Desktop help files. Synchronizing is the purview of the synch software - Outlook is the passive store for the information and takes no active part in synching. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

outlook 2003 pst and outlook pst
I had a loaner machine which has outlook 2003. I saved the outlook inbox as a pst file. I tried to retrieve the pst file from my laptop that has an outlook 2002 and the versions are incompatiible. I no longer have the loaner machine and have no access to outlook 2003. How do access the pst files from outlook 2002? Thank you, Ramesh YOu don't as the file format for Outlook 2003 is incompatible with prior versions. Your best bet is to download the trial version of Office 2003 and open the .pst file in that Outlook. Then create a 97-2002 compatible .pst file from within Outloo...

enable small user to have "out of office" capability
I am a small office user and I really like Outlook. One capability that Outlook student edition lacks is the "out of office" capability that I had in the Corporate world. It would be greatly appreciated if this feature could be included in Outlook for small users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader an...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Excel Conditional sum wizard for Office XP?
Add in is listed with the program; however, I was unable to install it. I went to Microsoft Office and was unable to find it? Where can I get this add in? curt SUMIF.XLA is on the CD and should have been installed with "typical" install. If not available in Tools>Add-ins, perhaps the installation was a "custom" install and the original installer did not check the Conditional Sum Wizard. Do a file search for SUMIF.XLA Normal path is C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Library If can't be found, go to Control Panel>Add/remove and click on MS Office ...

outlook 2007
I have just upgraded to windows 7 so therefore I have lost windows mail. I do not want to use windows live mail if I were to buy outlook 2007 would this work ok as I have only Microsoft home & student installed on my PC "borderknight" <borderknight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967AE88B-F920-457C-9BCA-32F7EA269ABA@microsoft.com... > I have just upgraded to windows 7 so therefore I have lost windows mail. I > do > not want to use windows live mail if I were to buy outlook 2007 would this > work ok as I have only Microsoft home &a...

Outlook not retrieiving mail
Hello, I have a dozen pop3 accounts on several servers. Suddenly outlook is not retreiving the mail from some of the accounts. Here is the error reported on the accounts it isn't reteiving from: Task 'Promote.Org/ Mark A. Sam - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' On one server, it retrives from on account and not the others. There doesn't seem to be any rhym...

changing outlook configration in bulk
hi all , we have more then 200 domain user in our company , present our SMTP/ POP server is runinng on sendmail , now we are going to change to MS- EXCHANGE server 2007, please tell me is any way to change the configuration of all users (SMTP ,POP, MAIL ID ,USER NAME ) in bulk. any possibulity form Group Policy. Are there any scripts are avilabe to do this task. it will be very gratefull , if any body have solution. Thanks in anvance , kiran This is more for an Exchange group rather than an Outlook group: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defaul...

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...