Two Instances of Outlook 2003...baffling!

I have an Outlook problem that I can't find a solution for - I've tried
slipstick.com, Google, and this newsgroup. Hopefully someone can help...

All of a sudden, today Outlook 2003 decides that clicking on the shortcut or
using the keyboard shortcut button, should start up two instances of Outlook
2003. This causes problems with my IMAP mail accounts, SMTP servers, etc. I
tried exiting/killing all instances, that didn't help. I then tried
rebooting, no help there either.

I've been using Outlook for years, and I've never seen this problem before.
Any suggestions?

it's not two instances, just two windows. close one and then close the
other. If outlook crashes, the second window will be remembered and open
again.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Jason Dunn" <nospam@nospam.gov> wrote in message
>I have an Outlook problem that I can't find a solution for - I've tried
>slipstick.com, Google, and this newsgroup. Hopefully someone can help...
>
> All of a sudden, today Outlook 2003 decides that clicking on the shortcut
> or using the keyboard shortcut button, should start up two instances of
> Outlook 2003. This causes problems with my IMAP mail accounts, SMTP
> servers, etc. I tried exiting/killing all instances, that didn't help. I
> then tried rebooting, no help there either.
>
> I've been using Outlook for years, and I've never seen this problem
> before. Any suggestions?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
10/6/2006 9:36:24 AM
> it's not two instances, just two windows. close one and then close the
> other. If outlook crashes, the second window will be remembered and open
> again.

I wish it was that simple - when I close one window, either window, both
windows close. Then when I restart both come back - totally baffling. I
ended up doing a system restore to 48 hours ago and that fixed the problem.

synchiing two computers?

Outlook 2000 #134
Hello, Is there a way to set Outlook so that my wife has a totally different experience with outlook than I. That her email accounts and calendars and reminders dont show when I am on and then they do when she it on? Do I have to use User Accounts in Windows to accomplish this? Thanks Chuck If you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode, then yes, you would need to have separate Windows logins to accomplish this -- IMO mode doesn't support separate mail profiles within Outlook itself. (Later versions of Outlook have done away with separate modes and allow multiple m...

Outlook today Entries
How many can you have? ...

office 2003 & acrobat 5.0
We currently use acrobat 5.0 for emailing great plains reports. After installing office 2003, it didn't "like" the Adobe PDFMaker add-in installed. The result is you have to either update to Acrobat 6.0 or rename all occurrences of the Adobe Acrobat add-in for your Office 2003 program. Does anyone know for sure what version of Acrobat will work with both office 2003 and for producing great plains pdf business forms? Or is there another way out of this? Thanks. ...

Trouble sending messages via Outlook 2000
I can't send any messages via Outlook 2000. When I hit NEW, the SEND option is not there and other toolbar functions are grayed out. ...

Deleting old email account from Outlook
Switched ISP > 6 months ago. Still receiving emails addressed to my prior email address despite fact that prior ISP says they deactivated the account at my initial request (i.e. six months ago). I've gone trough the steps of Tools/email account, deleting the account onscreen, and my computer now does not list the prior account, but yet the emails keep coming. How do I kill this prior email account. Help much appreciated. Ray <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Switched ISP > 6 months ago. Still receiving emails > addressed to my prior email addre...

Where do I find the Payment Request Wizard in Outlook?
I'm trying to set up a PayPal account and cannot find where the Payment Request Wizard is for Outlook or Outlook Express. Anyone know? ...

Outlook 2002-can't open pst
Cannot open outlook 2002 archived =.pst files.They exist,but Outlook won't display any information when opened from "file/open/personal folders". There is only a blank screen. Help? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Cannot open outlook 2002 archived =.pst files.They >exist,but Outlook won't display any information when >opened from "file/open/personal folders". There is only a >blank screen. Help? >Thanks >. > Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against each of your .PST files to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a ...

s-mail plugin for outlook
Hi my attachments are in an encrypted form and after I open them once I see them fine but the second time I open them they remain encrypted. I am using the s-mail plugin. Any help greatly appreciated. I also cannot send messages although I can receive them. ...

Multiple E-Mail Accounts in Outlook #2
For the last couple of years I have been using Outlook Express but would now start using MIcrosoft Outlook. I was trying to setup my accounts and everything when I realised that I can not have more than 1 e-mail account on outlook. On Outlook Express I had multiple identities (1 for each of my e-mail addresses). It is important for me to keep my e-mails separate. Also on outlook I know I can put lots of accounts on the main identitity, but this means all the messages will go to the Inbox and when I send an e-mail it will use the default e-mail address to send the e-mail. What can I do? T...

Getting to Outlook express from Outlook 97, for newsgroups
Hi, Ive got both Outlook 97 and Outlook2000 on different machines, along with Outlook express. Have made a shortcut button to get to news from Out2000, but don't know how to access News from within Out87. Is there a way. -- Gerry Mitas Ryemont Abbey, Leixlip, Co. Kildare Phone: 01 6104509 Fax:01 601 4716 Info@mitas.ie www.mitas.ie _______________ DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, co...

Bug in Exchange 2003?
Hi! I have problem with secure POP3/IMAP4 virtual servers. I can create a secure POP3 or IMAP4 virtual server without any problem. The secure virtual server starts also successfully. BUT, if I stop this virtual server and try to start it, the virtual server cannot be startet. Then there is an eventview warning: Event ID: 1036 Source: POP3Svc Error-Massage: “An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange POP3 Service: server instance number 2 failed to start with error 0x800cc801.” All my port and IP configurations for virtual servers are correct. There is also NO virus scanner w...

Publisher 2003 Bug with aligning at angles?
I made a 3.75" diameter circle and then put more circles inside, each one 0.25" smaller in diameter all the way down to 1.25". Then I drew angle lines across the diameter of the largest circle, every 7.5 degrees, all around the circle. I made little rectangles 5mm X 2mm in size and placed them along the bottom half of the circle where each of the angle lines and the 3.5" circle intersect (Each of the small rectangles was also rotated to the same angle as the previously drawn lines that span the diameter of the circles). I then selected the rectangles on the bottom h...

Outlook Connector for Hotmail & Outlook 2007
I couldnt synchronize properly with my hotmail account and my calendars, tasks, contacts doesnt sync the current connector doesn't work with outlook 2007 - you need to wait for an updated version of the connector. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

Synchronizing Outlook 2000 with Blackberry Curve 8900
When I use the Blackberry Desktop software to synchronize desktop with my blackberry I'm prompted to browse for my Contacts file. When I hit browse, it defaults to the Blackberry folder. Where are my outlook contacts and notes likely to be stored? Any help would be greatly appreciated..... You will need to consult the Blackberry Desktop help files. Synchronizing is the purview of the synch software - Outlook is the passive store for the information and takes no active part in synching. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

5.5 to 2003 migration question
I currently have Win2003 Active Directory in a single domain running. Exchange 5.5 on a Windows NT box is the last remaining WinNT box on the network. If I put a test Win2003 server and do all the forestpreps, domainpreps and run the ADC and install a test copy of Exchange 2003 and I use one test mailbox on the 5.5 to move it, will this prevent me from moving the rest of the mailboxes and database to another Exchange setup that will be permanent later? Um...it depends by what you mean when you say 'another Exchange setup'. You should approach the Forest prep and domain prep...

outlook 2003 pst and outlook pst
I had a loaner machine which has outlook 2003. I saved the outlook inbox as a pst file. I tried to retrieve the pst file from my laptop that has an outlook 2002 and the versions are incompatiible. I no longer have the loaner machine and have no access to outlook 2003. How do access the pst files from outlook 2002? Thank you, Ramesh YOu don't as the file format for Outlook 2003 is incompatible with prior versions. Your best bet is to download the trial version of Office 2003 and open the .pst file in that Outlook. Then create a 97-2002 compatible .pst file from within Outloo...

Mora than one Domain Exchange 2003
Hello! i have instaled an exchange 2003 and i need to use two domain, so the first domain works fine but now i need to use one of the user with another domain. Before this exchange 2003 i was running exchange 5.5 with both domains without any problems. Pls can anybody help me? Many thanks!!! Hi! Yes, the user that use the second domain needs that domain (the second) to be their primary (in fact the only) email adress. Thanks!! Martin. "PhilE" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> escribi� en el mensaje news:F5FF4465-9DF5-4094-B679-776DEBCC8391@microsoft.com... > Does...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

outlook 2007
I have just upgraded to windows 7 so therefore I have lost windows mail. I do not want to use windows live mail if I were to buy outlook 2007 would this work ok as I have only Microsoft home & student installed on my PC "borderknight" <borderknight@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:967AE88B-F920-457C-9BCA-32F7EA269ABA@microsoft.com... > I have just upgraded to windows 7 so therefore I have lost windows mail. I > do > not want to use windows live mail if I were to buy outlook 2007 would this > work ok as I have only Microsoft home &a...

Outlook not retrieiving mail
Hello, I have a dozen pop3 accounts on several servers. Suddenly outlook is not retreiving the mail from some of the accounts. Here is the error reported on the accounts it isn't reteiving from: Task 'Promote.Org/ Mark A. Sam - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004210A) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the receiving (POP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' On one server, it retrives from on account and not the others. There doesn't seem to be any rhym...

changing outlook configration in bulk
hi all , we have more then 200 domain user in our company , present our SMTP/ POP server is runinng on sendmail , now we are going to change to MS- EXCHANGE server 2007, please tell me is any way to change the configuration of all users (SMTP ,POP, MAIL ID ,USER NAME ) in bulk. any possibulity form Group Policy. Are there any scripts are avilabe to do this task. it will be very gratefull , if any body have solution. Thanks in anvance , kiran This is more for an Exchange group rather than an Outlook group: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defaul...

How to configure SMTP on Excahnge 2003
I want to setup our exchange 2003 server to all users that are on the road to connect and get their mail via a program like Outlook Express. I'm not sure how I need to setup the server to allow this. I'm sure there are sites that might provide a walk-thru but I've been unalbe to find them in google. Side Question: If I get this setup correctly on my exchange server should I be able to configure my Outlook Express while internal to my network and make it work? Thanks, Mark You can setup relaying of SMTP trafic under the SMTP Protocol settings. Just goto the Virtual Se...