Two cases of same Folder group in Outlook 2003

In my folders area I have two listings of "personal folders" and all
the subfolders. I imported the data and somehow got two copies of that
folder. My hotmail and MSN folders are ok. How do I merge the two, or
delete one of these accounts?

Thanks...
0
Temujin (7)

Even a cursory glance at the posts in this group will answer your question.
Importing a PST file always corrupts your Outlook profile. It is never the
correct way to transfer Outlook data.
Your profile cannot be repaired. Create a new one from scratch and migrate
your Outlook data correctly: open the PST file in Outlook and either copy
what you need from it or set it to be used as your new default information
store.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<Temujin@karakorum.org> wrote in message

> In my folders area I have two listings of "personal folders" and all
> the subfolders. I imported the data and somehow got two copies of that
> folder. My hotmail and MSN folders are ok. How do I merge the two, or
> delete one of these accounts?
>
> Thanks...

0
russval1 (2100)
1/16/2007 9:49:46 PM
I didn't import the data. I copied the data  (pst) file directly. I
did a search before I posted and didn't see anything directly relating
to the precise problem I had.

Thanks...

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:49:46 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
<russval@gmail.com> wrote:

>Even a cursory glance at the posts in this group will answer your question.
>Importing a PST file always corrupts your Outlook profile. It is never the
>correct way to transfer Outlook data.
>Your profile cannot be repaired. Create a new one from scratch and migrate
>your Outlook data correctly: open the PST file in Outlook and either copy
>what you need from it or set it to be used as your new default information
>store.
0
Temujin (7)
1/16/2007 11:37:19 PM
Your other, multi post, explicitly states that you imported.

> I didn't import the data. I copied the data  (pst) file directly. I
> did a search before I posted and didn't see anything directly relating
> to the precise problem I had.
>
> Thanks...
>
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:49:46 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
> <russval@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Even a cursory glance at the posts in this group will answer your
question.
> >Importing a PST file always corrupts your Outlook profile. It is never
the
> >correct way to transfer Outlook data.
> >Your profile cannot be repaired. Create a new one from scratch and
migrate
> >your Outlook data correctly: open the PST file in Outlook and either copy
> >what you need from it or set it to be used as your new default
information
> >store.

0
DL
1/16/2007 11:54:54 PM
What a relief. I'm so glad you didn't import your data. Except you said you
did and you are reporting the consequences of having done so. Post  clearly
and accurately if you want help. You are wasting the time and good will of
the group when you do otherwise.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
<Temujin@karakorum.org> wrote in message
>I didn't import the data. I copied the data  (pst) file directly. I
> did a search before I posted and didn't see anything directly relating
> to the precise problem I had.
>
> Thanks...
>
> On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 16:49:46 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
> <russval@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Even a cursory glance at the posts in this group will answer your
>>question.
>>Importing a PST file always corrupts your Outlook profile. It is never the
>>correct way to transfer Outlook data.
>>Your profile cannot be repaired. Create a new one from scratch and migrate
>>your Outlook data correctly: open the PST file in Outlook and either copy
>>what you need from it or set it to be used as your new default information
>>store.

0
russval1 (2100)

Synchronize Inbox and archive folder tree structure
How to Synchronize Inbox and Archive folder tree structurer in Outlook 2003? What are you trying to achieve? The archive will automatically mimic the folder structure of the main mailbox when the AutoArchive or Archive feature is ran. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "VBD" <VBD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A29CAC46-9A72-42AD-8AD9-EC3DA81E5...

office 2003 & acrobat 5.0
We currently use acrobat 5.0 for emailing great plains reports. After installing office 2003, it didn't "like" the Adobe PDFMaker add-in installed. The result is you have to either update to Acrobat 6.0 or rename all occurrences of the Adobe Acrobat add-in for your Office 2003 program. Does anyone know for sure what version of Acrobat will work with both office 2003 and for producing great plains pdf business forms? Or is there another way out of this? Thanks. ...

Outlook today Entries
How many can you have? ...

Public Folder Retention is being ignored
I would like to get a handle on my Public Folder database. It has grown from 25GB to 48GB in just two weeks. When I checked some of the content, there are posts that are way past the retention period set at the folder and database levels. Can any one shed light on why this would be true? At this rate we could run out of space on that volume in a matter of days (like even tomorrow). Any thoughts? Regards, Dave On Thu, 31 Aug 2006 06:46:02 -0700, Dave Shay [Celtic Peace] <DaveShayCelticPeace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to get a handle on my Public Folde...

Outlook 2000 #134
Hello, Is there a way to set Outlook so that my wife has a totally different experience with outlook than I. That her email accounts and calendars and reminders dont show when I am on and then they do when she it on? Do I have to use User Accounts in Windows to accomplish this? Thanks Chuck If you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode, then yes, you would need to have separate Windows logins to accomplish this -- IMO mode doesn't support separate mail profiles within Outlook itself. (Later versions of Outlook have done away with separate modes and allow multiple m...

synchiing two computers?

Where do I find the Payment Request Wizard in Outlook?
I'm trying to set up a PayPal account and cannot find where the Payment Request Wizard is for Outlook or Outlook Express. Anyone know? ...

Outlook 2002-can't open pst
Cannot open outlook 2002 archived =.pst files.They exist,but Outlook won't display any information when opened from "file/open/personal folders". There is only a blank screen. Help? Thanks >-----Original Message----- >Cannot open outlook 2002 archived =.pst files.They >exist,but Outlook won't display any information when >opened from "file/open/personal folders". There is only a >blank screen. Help? >Thanks >. > Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against each of your .PST files to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a ...

Getting to Outlook express from Outlook 97, for newsgroups
Hi, Ive got both Outlook 97 and Outlook2000 on different machines, along with Outlook express. Have made a shortcut button to get to news from Out2000, but don't know how to access News from within Out87. Is there a way. -- Gerry Mitas Ryemont Abbey, Leixlip, Co. Kildare Phone: 01 6104509 Fax:01 601 4716 Info@mitas.ie www.mitas.ie _______________ DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, co...

OT: Permission on folders Q
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_074B_01C6A0E2.4BD6F6F0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable My apologies for posting this here, but let me know if there is a better = forum to post this as I can't think of one better than this one. Situation:=20 Security permissions on Server1 are set differently than those for = Server2. =20 Server1 & Server2 are set to mirror each other (using AVAILL) at the = folder level so that each geographical location's employees are are able = to work on...

Outlook Connector for Hotmail & Outlook 2007
I couldnt synchronize properly with my hotmail account and my calendars, tasks, contacts doesnt sync the current connector doesn't work with outlook 2007 - you need to wait for an updated version of the connector. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

s-mail plugin for outlook
Hi my attachments are in an encrypted form and after I open them once I see them fine but the second time I open them they remain encrypted. I am using the s-mail plugin. Any help greatly appreciated. I also cannot send messages although I can receive them. ...

Multiple E-Mail Accounts in Outlook #2
For the last couple of years I have been using Outlook Express but would now start using MIcrosoft Outlook. I was trying to setup my accounts and everything when I realised that I can not have more than 1 e-mail account on outlook. On Outlook Express I had multiple identities (1 for each of my e-mail addresses). It is important for me to keep my e-mails separate. Also on outlook I know I can put lots of accounts on the main identitity, but this means all the messages will go to the Inbox and when I send an e-mail it will use the default e-mail address to send the e-mail. What can I do? T...

5.5 to 2003 migration question
I currently have Win2003 Active Directory in a single domain running. Exchange 5.5 on a Windows NT box is the last remaining WinNT box on the network. If I put a test Win2003 server and do all the forestpreps, domainpreps and run the ADC and install a test copy of Exchange 2003 and I use one test mailbox on the 5.5 to move it, will this prevent me from moving the rest of the mailboxes and database to another Exchange setup that will be permanent later? Um...it depends by what you mean when you say 'another Exchange setup'. You should approach the Forest prep and domain prep...

Synchronizing Outlook 2000 with Blackberry Curve 8900
When I use the Blackberry Desktop software to synchronize desktop with my blackberry I'm prompted to browse for my Contacts file. When I hit browse, it defaults to the Blackberry folder. Where are my outlook contacts and notes likely to be stored? Any help would be greatly appreciated..... You will need to consult the Blackberry Desktop help files. Synchronizing is the purview of the synch software - Outlook is the passive store for the information and takes no active part in synching. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

outlook 2003 pst and outlook pst
I had a loaner machine which has outlook 2003. I saved the outlook inbox as a pst file. I tried to retrieve the pst file from my laptop that has an outlook 2002 and the versions are incompatiible. I no longer have the loaner machine and have no access to outlook 2003. How do access the pst files from outlook 2002? Thank you, Ramesh YOu don't as the file format for Outlook 2003 is incompatible with prior versions. Your best bet is to download the trial version of Office 2003 and open the .pst file in that Outlook. Then create a 97-2002 compatible .pst file from within Outloo...

COUNTIF (?) on two criteria

Two IF Statements with two answers
In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. If there are no other alternatives that yes and no =IF(G9="Yes",F9,-F9) otherwise =IF(G9="Yes",F9,IF(G9="No",-F9,"") Regards, Peo Sjoblom "heater" wrote: > In cell J9 I need a formula that would do the following: > > If G9="Yes" then F9, If G9="No" then -f9 > > Note: G9 has a drop down list with Yes, No answers. > =IF(G9=&qu...

Logging and monitoring users using Outlook via RPC over HTTP?
How do I set up logging to track users who connect to my Exchange 2003 front end server using RPC over HTTP enabled Outlook (2003 or 2007)? And are there and good log parsing tools that I can quickly parse the monitoring logs for reporting purposes? It's another virtual directory in an IIS web site. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Robert Gordon" <rgordon@nospam.wovensystems.com> wrote in message news:uGIqqZqMIHA.2064@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How do I set u...

Two axis
Positioning the Vertical axes: I have a chart where there are two axes. The first implementation produced the two scales on the right side, one inside, the other outside the chart area. Unusual, but luckily it fits well the chart. I tried to duplicate the feat with another dataset (similar in structure) and did not even get the second scale to show right, left or center (data plotted with two different scales allright). Where is the info to control these functionalities? Tx, Pierre On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 17:48:13 +0100, pl.carry <pl.carry@wanadoo.fr> wrote= : > Positioning the Vertic...

Unable display inbox folder under the user's mailbox
We have a user of outlook'97 and we are using win Exchange server 5.5. But this user can not open his Inbox under the mailbox. But he can open the sent items, etc under the mailbox. What should We do ? Thanks and reagrds, Subyantoro@lfdis.com Sounds like it could be a corrupted view. Has the user/you tried starting Outlook with the /cleanviews command line switch? -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Subyantoro" <Subyantoro@lfdis.com> wrote in message news:056f01c3d370$97715250$a401280a@phx....

Importing Office data file into Personal Folder
Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst" but file type Office data file. I have tried without success, using DB 287837, to convert the Office data file to an Outlook data file, but the conversion is not reflected in Win Explorer. Any suggestions? -- Chuck In news:188E8BDE-23D4-4907-86C7-6686B8CDE57E@microsoft.com, CTW67 <CTW67@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Using newly upgraded Win XP and Outlook 2002, I am unable to import > to my Personal Folder a file labeled "outlook.pst&...

plot two groups of numbers on one series of xy coordinates.
how to create a plot from separate x and y values. i.e. y values do not correspond to the same set of x values. example x1= 5, y1=10; x2= 8, y2=15 I can read your question 2 ways; A) you data looks like this x y 5 10 8 15 etc. Select the data and make an XY chart B) you have two sets of data x1 y1 5 10 10 12 17 15 21 20 and x2 y2 3 8 7 14 12 19 18 24 Make an XY chart of the first data series Select all the data (including headers) for second set, and use Copy Click the chart to activate it Use Edit | Paste Special .... indicate New Ser...