Turning off the threaded message display in Outlook Express?

How can I force Outlook Express 6 to display incoming messages sorted
by the date instead of displaying message threads sorted by the date
of the first message in the thread? About two days ago my Outlook
Express started displaying messages in the e-mail folders in threads
although I never asked for it. I would not like to miss any message by
letting Outlook Express bury it among the older stuff.

Fortunately, the messages are mostly stored in IMAP4 folders, so if I
would be unable to force Outlook Express 6 work normally, it would be
easy to switch to Mozilla Mail.

"totojepast" <totojepast@atlas.cz> wrote in message
> How can I force Outlook Express 6 to display incoming messages sorted
> by the date instead of displaying message threads sorted by the date
> of the first message in the thread? About two days ago my Outlook
> Express started displaying messages in the e-mail folders in threads
> although I never asked for it. I would not like to miss any message by
> letting Outlook Express bury it among the older stuff.
>
> Fortunately, the messages are mostly stored in IMAP4 folders, so if I
> would be unable to force Outlook Express 6 work normally, it would be
> easy to switch to Mozilla Mail.

View/Current view
Uncheck 'Group messages by conversation'.
HTH.

--
Trish
Dublin, Ireland

0
your_mofo (1)

Error in outlook 2003
I installed W2K and Office 2003. After setting up an email account in outlook, I'm receiving the following error: "Task 'Mariano - sending' reported error (0x80040154) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040154'" Also, while setting my email account and when I select 'Test Account Settings.' I received a quick window where the Tasks 'Find outgoing mail server (SMTP)' and 'Find incoming mail server (POP3)' are being showed as 'Cancelled' so NO successfull test was made!! Any idea what could be the problem? Thank you! Mariano On the task side...

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

BUG?!: PP 2007 does display all "Paste as link" charts of Excel 20
I discovered a bug in Excel / PP 2007 which I can easily reproduce. I have a simple "test" files if somebody wants to take a look. The basic outline is like this. 1) I create some graphs in Excel with considerable distance, so that they are not both visible on the screen simontainously. 2) I copy (by selecting a range containing the graphs), then paste-link (as dynamic graphics) the two chars into PP, each in its separate slide. 3) Now, If I rightclick and choose "update", the one which is not visible in Excel will not be shown! To me, it seems like Excel saves...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

PDF and Outlook Functionality
First off thank you for taking the time to look at my question and any answers you may have to assist. GP is accessed via terminal server from each client machine. On all machines, outlook is installed locally, but not on the terminal server (win2k3). In order for Outlook to populate the inbox information on the home screen area within GP and to use functions such as "send to" when printing to screen output, does Outlook need to be installed on the terminal server? -My second question is, would this have to work the same way with our Acrobat writer? Does Acrobat need to be installe...

Outlook XP runs in background??
My Outlook seems to have a tray icon show up every now and then - even though I don't have it open? How can I shut it down? JDS Something is keeping it open - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm for ideas. You'll want to install http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout so you can easily see if it's running and force it closed, until you identify the culprit. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickSta...

Email message NDR's
Since we have migrated to Exchange 2003 and removed our Exchange 5.5 server we have been getting NDR messages such as: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Again Sent: 4/9/2004 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: thinkfastest@earthlink.net on 4/9/2004 2:06 PM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <hera01.dewittstern.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (63.239.42.66) ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

thread #3
how can ia crearte a new Cdialog runing under new thread mido1971 wrote: > how can ia crearte a new Cdialog runing under new thread mido: It is really not a good idea to have GUI components in a secondary thread. Just use a worker thread, or a window-less UI thread. If you have a CDialog-derived class, you can have individual methods run in the secondary thread, but they should only update the GUI using PostMesage() or SendMessage(). David Wilkinson To add to David's advice (good as usual) you can send a message to the UI thread that tells it to pop up the dialog for you wi...

SFO Contact sync w/ Outlook Contact Categories
In MS Outlook, and single Contact may be associated with several Categories (the "Categories" button along the bottom right of a standard Outlook contact form). If a Contact has several Categories listed, how do these category values map into CRM when they are imported? Because of the present architecture of CRM, it would seem that there is a series of boolean fields (yes or no) since a CRM pick list can hold only one value. If we decide to continue to use our client's categories for Contacts, can I control the mapping from Outlook to CRM so that all the Outlook categori...

"Can't move the items" message
I imported an outlook.pst file into my current Outlook 2000 and I have doubles and triples of all the entries. When I try to drag and drop an duplicate entry into the wastebasket I get the message "Can't move the items." Any help would be appreciated >-----Original Message----- >I imported an outlook.pst file into my current Outlook >2000 and I have doubles and triples of all the entries. >When I try to drag and drop an duplicate entry into the >wastebasket I get the message "Can't move the items." Any >help would be appreciated >...

Outlook 2002 Delays
I am not getting emails in my inbox or any sub folder (Though I know they are there).I have to click on a sub folder then back to inbox to revieve them. I have tried clicking dthe send/recieve but that dosn't help, any suggestions ...

Handling Thread communications
I have 2 threads used for serial communications (receive and transmit). I've wrestled with a couple of issues off and on for long time. 1. I currently use a ring buffer for the receive thread to put data in. When data is received, the thread uses PostMessage() to send a message to the application to process the data. This works for the most part except now I have encountered a problem when I display a MessageBox() while processing received data; I get more messages from the thread that seem to interfere with the process. ie the MessageBox displays twice for some reason. When I chang...

Import calendar data from MS Outlook
Hi! I'm able to get the calendar data out of Outlook and into an Exce spreadsheet and to organise it by categories etc and to add a colum showing duration of appointments (End time - Start time) and henc analyse time against category. That's the output I want. Is there, however, a way of streamlining this? While I am happy to edi the spreadsheet when using it myself, my wife's colleagues (for it i they who need the tool) have varying levels of excel - lence. I don't know Outlook very well: the Help files don't help much. I'v tried a Google search but probably my ig...

trying to e-mail with outlook 2000 and getting error message
Hi trying to e-mail using outlook 2000 but getting error message Ox800ccc78, 'server response 553 authentication Have been using outlook express without problem but want to use outlook to have less e-mail screened I don't get many e-mails and I'm not sure why they are filtered out. Any help is appreciated. Hagar Sounds like you need to authenticate to your outgoing mail server (SMTP) in your Outlook mail account properties. Check with your ISP if you aren't sure what to use (and if the setting to use the same credentials as for your POP server doesn't work). hviking ...

outlook 2000 #22
Hi, Everytime when I open up someone else calendar, it minimizes the display of the calendar to the taskbar? I have looked around for any help and no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks J ...

create outlook email template?
does anyone know how to create a template for an email message in outlook? some people here want a general template that they can open and fill out the fields and just email it to whoever needs it, but they would like it to open from outlook? any idea how i should go about creating a template for this purpose? thanks. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/forms.htm. All people getting that form would need to have a copy of it published in their Outlook or would need to have it in the Organizational Forms Library in an Exchange organization, plus the form would have to go out as RTF for this to ...

Outlook Anywhere configuration
Can someone explain these settings in OL Anywhere: *On fast networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP *On slow networks, connect using HTTP first, then connect using TCP/IP I have heard that a slow network is defined <128K (the connection to the MSX server I assume). I want clients to connect via HTTP when not on the LAN (i.e. at home, airport, offsite) but always connect via TCP/IP when on the LAN. Changing these settings has no effect when connected to the LAN and has not effect when offsite. It works as expected, but I'm not sure the best way to set these....

Need a worker thread framework
Dear all, I am searching for a worker thread framework.If you know some, please help. Thanks, Yamaha What is a "worker thread framework"? You can look at my MVP Tips site, but I'm not sure what a "framework" would do. There is an MFC framework in which threads live, but this doesn't seem to be a "worker thread framework" joe On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 11:06:29 +0900, "Yamaha" <satma74@yahoo.co.jp> wrote: >Dear all, > >I am searching for a worker thread framework.If you know some, please help. >Thanks, >Yamaha Joseph M. Ne...

Dynamic chart that displays a range starting today
I am trying to make a chart that updates automatically and only displays the last 30 days of information starting at the current date. The data sheet for the chart is updated automatically, so there are future dates in the column. I hav tried the OFFSET and COUNTA route, but that fuction grabs data from the bottom of the data. I want the chart to start at the current date and go back 30 days. Can Anyone Help Me? Jim: Apparently your date column has future dates. This prevents you from using a simple offset function going back 30 days from last entry in column. I personally don'...

My Message Icon Disappeared (.msg)
I have a couple of emails I've copied to the desktop. They had an envelope icon clearly identifying them as email messages. Now they're just plain white boxes, though their extension is still .msg, and they open fine. It's Outlook 2007 on Vista, and their properties don't have the option to Change Icon. I looked in the Registry under .msg, but I'm not sure what should be there. Any help on how to get the icon back? ...

Creating/ modifying custom Real Estate Listing Form in Outlook 2000
I've downloaded a Real Estate Listing form created for Outlook 98 into my Outlook 2000. I'm looking for a manual on how to modify this form to service my business needs. Anyone have a suggestion where I can learn how to do this? ...

Error message in CRM

Outlook 2002 not recieving new Exchange mail until I click on program.
Hello! Outlook 2002 v10.6515.6626 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can sit with no programs running except for Outlook and watch the screen do nothing. If I click somplace on Outlook, such as a folder or any message EXCEPT the one in the preview pane, Outlook will suddently recieve all the email that I have been sent since the last time I clicked on the program. This could be five minutes or 30 minutes... I do not recieve any mail until I actually click on Outlook. I'm connecting to an Exchange server on our LAN and I'm always connected. Can someone suggest why this may be happening? I...