turning off Outlooks access timer

I am using one freely available app, found here:
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes that finds and
eliminates duplicates in Outlook folders, thanks to Milly Staples
[MVP - Outlook] who replied to my earlier queries.  Problem is now
that Outlook has some kind of security timer that will only allow
access by an application for up to 10 minutes at a time.  When you
have over 20,000 items in some folders, well, thats not nearly enough
time for access, and I am prompted again to allow access after 10
minutes, and that means that I have to sit here, almost as if doing
these dupe finding and deletions manually.  Since the app that finds
these dupes is free, there is no support available, but I think this
is an Outlook issue anyway.  Does anyone know how to temporarily turn
off this timer in Outlook?

Thanks,
D.

0
none3582 (13)

You cannot turn it off - the programmer of the duplicates remover will have
to update the program as it is coming up against the Outlook Object Model
Guard.  This block was put into place to prevent sending mail via a virus
that would access your address book.

You have a couple of current solutions - you can enable access every 10
minutes (a real pain, I understand) or you can get this little freeware
program and activate it ONLY when you are trying to eliminate your
duplicates:
http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html

Once you have gotten rid of the duplicates, turn this program off.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

"D." <none@nowhere.comMERCIAL> wrote in message
|I am using one freely available app, found here:
| http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes that finds and
| eliminates duplicates in Outlook folders, thanks to Milly Staples
| [MVP - Outlook] who replied to my earlier queries.  Problem is now
| that Outlook has some kind of security timer that will only allow
| access by an application for up to 10 minutes at a time.  When you
| have over 20,000 items in some folders, well, thats not nearly enough
| time for access, and I am prompted again to allow access after 10
| minutes, and that means that I have to sit here, almost as if doing
| these dupe finding and deletions manually.  Since the app that finds
| these dupes is free, there is no support available, but I think this
| is an Outlook issue anyway.  Does anyone know how to temporarily turn
| off this timer in Outlook?
|
| Thanks,
| D.

0
MillyS4407 (663)
4/10/2004 1:42:15 PM
Hi Milly,

Thanks for your time again.  I went ahead and purchased the $15
duplicate remover
from: http://www.mapilab.com/ and it seems to have done the job
really well, w/o the
access problem, and very fast.  I've pared down my emails from over
50,000
to about 15,000!  Sadly though, many of those we're re-dated to
today's and yesterday's date somehow
when importing them from various disks into a local copy of outlook
express and Eudora, then from those into Outlook.  Oh well
at least I have them, and only one of each.

Thanks again,
D.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
<MillyS@donteventhinkaboutsendingmemail.mvps.org> wrote in message
> You cannot turn it off - the programmer of the duplicates remover
will have
> to update the program as it is coming up against the Outlook Object
Model
> Guard.  This block was put into place to prevent sending mail via a
virus
> that would access your address book.
>
> You have a couple of current solutions - you can enable access
every 10
> minutes (a real pain, I understand) or you can get this little
freeware
> program and activate it ONLY when you are trying to eliminate your
> duplicates:
> http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html
>
> Once you have gotten rid of the duplicates, turn this program off.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.
>
> "D." <none@nowhere.comMERCIAL> wrote in message
> |I am using one freely available app, found here:
> | http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes that finds and
> | eliminates duplicates in Outlook folders, thanks to Milly Staples
> | [MVP - Outlook] who replied to my earlier queries.  Problem is
now
> | that Outlook has some kind of security timer that will only allow
> | access by an application for up to 10 minutes at a time.  When
you
> | have over 20,000 items in some folders, well, thats not nearly
enough
> | time for access, and I am prompted again to allow access after 10
> | minutes, and that means that I have to sit here, almost as if
doing
> | these dupe finding and deletions manually.  Since the app that
finds
> | these dupes is free, there is no support available, but I think
this
> | is an Outlook issue anyway.  Does anyone know how to temporarily
turn
> | off this timer in Outlook?
> |
> | Thanks,
> | D.

0
none3582 (13)

How to change default font in Outlook 2003

Outlook and Word 2003 editing and error problem
This is a problem happened on a company PC that IT controls the updates (security, anti-virus) in the night. One day morning, I started having the problems below. I didn't install anything before, but was sure something was installed by company IT that early morning. I turned off the PC and it was on the next day. problems: 1. I can't use mouse to move the cursor to a specific location in the editing window, but I can on the header (to:, subject). I have to use arrow keys to navigate when editing. 2. I can't launch Word whenever Outlook is open. Once Outlook is quit, Wo...

Outlook problem #50
Hello,im using outlook web access and my problem is i can'n get a reply dialog box when i want to reply back the msge.I can click on reply,reply to all or forward but i can't get to the dialog box.Please Help. ...

Can I send messages from access using outlook?
I thought it was possible to link the address book in Outlook to my Access data base. I'm unsure what to do. ...

Error in outlook 2003
I installed W2K and Office 2003. After setting up an email account in outlook, I'm receiving the following error: "Task 'Mariano - sending' reported error (0x80040154) : 'Unknown Error 0x80040154'" Also, while setting my email account and when I select 'Test Account Settings.' I received a quick window where the Tasks 'Find outgoing mail server (SMTP)' and 'Find incoming mail server (POP3)' are being showed as 'Cancelled' so NO successfull test was made!! Any idea what could be the problem? Thank you! Mariano On the task side...

Convert Access 2003 Back To Access 97 Problem
When I use the Access 2003 utility to convert my database back to Access 97, all the table links (ODBC to SQL Server) turn into local Access tables. Has anyone run into this problem and what can be done about it, if anything? Delete the tables and create new links. The work of minutes: file, import, as links. The wizard is too dumb to recognise ODBC links. It assumes all links are to Jet 4 tables, which won't be recognised by A97. (david) "MikeW" <mwhitson@msn.com> wrote in message news:1133954804.989951.93560@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When I use the Acces...

Outlook 2003 Sorting Issues
I have a very important user that is having issues sorting in Outlook. Here are the notes that I have: 1. If you sort by "from", it will sort from A - Z, but in the middle of "C", you will see a name that starts with "J". If you expand that user that starts with "J", then you see a ton of emails that aren't even from that user. And when you open up an email that is from that user, thier name isn't specified in the from, to, or bcc fields. 2. He has an mailbox that is almost 7GB in size. His inbox has 75,297 emails, almost 18,000 of those a...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Outlook appointments are messed up
I have several users on my network (not all) that are having problems with their calendar. All of a sudden, appointments are missing, several appointments have been moved to a single day and stack on top of each other, several "all day" events are missing. One user logged on to her Outlook and all reminders came up for the entire year. About 50 of them. What would have caused this? A virus possibly? Is there a way to recover without doing a restore from backup? Thanks, Greg gregb369 wrote: > I have several users on my network (not all) that are having problems > with ...

Security between access and SQL server
What do you guys use for security between Access and SQL Server when they are not on the same network? Terminal Server? Remote Desktop? Thin Client? mttmwsn wrote: > What do you guys use for security between Access and SQL Server when > they are not on the same network? Terminal Server? Remote Desktop? > Thin Client? If you mean "over the internet" I use HTTP requests or else I don't use Access as the front end. Terminal Server or RDP run over a VPN is a good option for a reasonably low number of users. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as approp...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

Outlook XP runs in background??
My Outlook seems to have a tray icon show up every now and then - even though I don't have it open? How can I shut it down? JDS Something is keeping it open - see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/close.htm for ideas. You'll want to install http://www.sunflowerhead.com/software/knockout so you can easily see if it's running and force it closed, until you identify the culprit. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickSta...

PDF and Outlook Functionality
First off thank you for taking the time to look at my question and any answers you may have to assist. GP is accessed via terminal server from each client machine. On all machines, outlook is installed locally, but not on the terminal server (win2k3). In order for Outlook to populate the inbox information on the home screen area within GP and to use functions such as "send to" when printing to screen output, does Outlook need to be installed on the terminal server? -My second question is, would this have to work the same way with our Acrobat writer? Does Acrobat need to be installe...

Outlook 2000 Process
I have a user on a Win XP Pro PC who is using Outlook 2000. When he exits Outlook, the Outlook.exe process is still running. I've uninstalled McAfee, his Palm, and a Yahoo downloader, but have had no luck. I also turned off Word as his email editor. Any ideas on how to get Outlook.exe to quit? Thanks, John Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Cover Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail re...

The operation failed Outlook 2000
When I try to close my archive pst (folders) I get this message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I'm using Outlook 2000 thanks Plugster Have you run scanpst.exe against the file? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Plugster asked: | When I try to close my archive pst (folders) I get this message | | "The operati...

I'm having a problem accessing rss files w/VWD Beta 2
I'm using Visual Web Developer Beta 2 and an XMLDataSource to access RSS files. If I have an actual file address, I have no problem. If the address contains a parameter, such as HTTP://www.boston.globe/sports/baseball/redsox?mode=rss_10, I get nothing back (it's nothing particular to this address, any address with a parameter acts the same). I don't get a 404, it's like it returns nothing. Same thing happens with an XMLReader. Any suggestions? Thanks, Jim ...

create outlook email template?
does anyone know how to create a template for an email message in outlook? some people here want a general template that they can open and fill out the fields and just email it to whoever needs it, but they would like it to open from outlook? any idea how i should go about creating a template for this purpose? thanks. See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/forms.htm. All people getting that form would need to have a copy of it published in their Outlook or would need to have it in the Organizational Forms Library in an Exchange organization, plus the form would have to go out as RTF for this to ...

outlook 2000 #22
Hi, Everytime when I open up someone else calendar, it minimizes the display of the calendar to the taskbar? I have looked around for any help and no luck. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks J ...

outlook #25
Hi, I have home computer connected to the corporate network using watchguard firebox vpn. In our network we have exchange server 2000 and the same server is running few more applications. Inside the network all the applications work without any problem. When users are connected through the watchguard vpn all the applications work. But outlook work differently, I've to create a new outlook profile each time I open outlook. In other words each outlook profile will work only once. Next time if I open outlook with the same profile outlook hangs and eventually error out "exchange...

Outlook 2002 not recieving new Exchange mail until I click on program.
Hello! Outlook 2002 v10.6515.6626 SP 3 on Windows XP Pro SP1. I can sit with no programs running except for Outlook and watch the screen do nothing. If I click somplace on Outlook, such as a folder or any message EXCEPT the one in the preview pane, Outlook will suddently recieve all the email that I have been sent since the last time I clicked on the program. This could be five minutes or 30 minutes... I do not recieve any mail until I actually click on Outlook. I'm connecting to an Exchange server on our LAN and I'm always connected. Can someone suggest why this may be happening? I...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Query between Excel and Access
I linked an external Access database containing Client_ID and Client-Name columns to an Excel spreadsheet Is there a way to program a Query (in Excel) so that the output (in cell A5) is Client_Name if Client-ID equal the number entered in the cell A4 of the spreadsheet? Thanks for your help! ...

Importing outlook.pst into Outlook.
My machine was running WinXp os with Office XP suite. I wanted to change my OS to Win2k Pro so I backed up my files including my outlook.pst file to a cd. I reinstalled my OS loaded the Office XP Suite. Now when I open Outlook and try to import my outlook.pst file I get the following message. File access denied. You do not have the permission required to acces the file c:\outlook.pst Using Windows Explorer locate the pst file and then right click on it and choose Properties > uncheck the Read Only checkbox > OK out "Steve Harthun" <steve_harthun@transfreight.com> w...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...