Turn on SpellCheck using registry?

Is there a way to turn on spell checking using a registry key for outlook
(not OEx)?

Thanks

0
Me1659 (3)

"Richard" <Me@noreply.com> wrote:

>Is there a way to turn on spell checking using a registry key for outlook
>(not OEx)?

What's wrong with using the setup options in the program itself?
0
unclegrumpy (296)
1/18/2008 6:26:03 PM
Unfortunately we have around ~2,500 pc's where it may or may not be turned
on.  Take that number and average out the number of people who can actually
follow instructions and that leaves us with about ~2499 pc's to make sure
auto-spell check is enabled...

"Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message
> "Richard" <Me@noreply.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there a way to turn on spell checking using a registry key for outlook
>>(not OEx)?
>
> What's wrong with using the setup options in the program itself?

0
Me1659 (3)
1/21/2008 4:02:19 PM
1. check the outlook ADM pack for the reg key and roll it out using group
policy.
2. if not there, get a tool such as regshot to compare before and after
snapshots of the registry to ID the key.  regshot leads me to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Spelling (1
should on, 0 is off)
you can then push it out using logon scripts or group policy.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Richard" <Me@noreply.com> wrote in message
> Unfortunately we have around ~2,500 pc's where it may or may not be turned
> on.  Take that number and average out the number of people who can
> actually follow instructions and that leaves us with about ~2499 pc's to
> make sure auto-spell check is enabled...
>

> "Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message
>> "Richard" <Me@noreply.com> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there a way to turn on spell checking using a registry key for outlook
>>>(not OEx)?
>>
>> What's wrong with using the setup options in the program itself?

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/21/2008 4:19:41 PM
You Diane are my hero for the day!

0
Me1659 (3)
1/22/2008 4:50:17 PM
Diane,

Not trying to hijack this thread, but do you know of a solution for spell
checking text fields in OL2000 custom forms?  This has been a major source
of fustration for our organization.

Thanks,

Tony

"Diane Poremsky" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
> 1. check the outlook ADM pack for the reg key and roll it out using group
> policy.
> 2. if not there, get a tool such as regshot to compare before and after
> snapshots of the registry to ID the key.  regshot leads me to:
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Options\Spelling
> (1 should on, 0 is off)
> you can then push it out using logon scripts or group policy.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "Richard" <Me@noreply.com> wrote in message
>> Unfortunately we have around ~2,500 pc's where it may or may not be
>> turned on.  Take that number and average out the number of people who can
>> actually follow instructions and that leaves us with about ~2499 pc's to
>> make sure auto-spell check is enabled...
>>

>> "Uncle Grumpy" <unclegrumpy@ameritech.net> wrote in message

>>> What's wrong with using the setup options in the program itself?

0
toxendine (10)

Which Mac Office 2004 licenses have I used?
Hey there - we're struggling with office 2004 at the moment; we must have installed the same license key on more than iMac - can someone tell me how to check which of our 3 licenses we've used? We have a 3 license version, installed twice and they won't let each other run simultaneously (without pulling out one of the network cables that is) Thanks! Alan Melbourne Hiya to change the licence: 1. run the Office Removal tool, you will find it here: Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/Additional Tools/Remove Office/ RemoveOffice 2. When the first screen appear "Welcome to r...

How to search a specific string value in Entire registry....
Hi Could anybody please tell me about how to search a specific string in Entire registry, any code snippet or hint about this problem? Thanks in advance... Mujtaba Did you not try using RegEnumKeyEx/RegEnumValue? Do this on all hives and you should be OK. What specific problem did you have with it? -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Mujtaba" <tomujtaba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8f4f92aa.0501080242.44b0dd36@posting.google.com... > Hi > > Could anybody please tell me about how to search a specific string in > Entire registry, any code snip...

Can i use a MFC control in a non-MFC window ?
Hi, I'd like to use a MFC control in a non-MFC window (for GINA limitations). Is it possible to link this control to my window handle ? The requirement when developping a GINA is that i have to use the DialogBox function provided by the Winlogon, and so, I can't use a pure MFC dialog box without overloading the DoModal function and it's a big mess. For one of my windows i want to use the CListBoxST class found on CodeGuru. So i wanted to create a CListBoxST objet and attach it to my window handle. Is it possible without having to "port" the whole class in Win...

Hotmail and MS Exchange using Outlook 2003
I have a client using Outlook 2003 on a Win XP SP2 workstation attached to a SBS 2003 server running Exchange 2003. This client uses Hotmail for his public (external) e-mail, but uses Exchange server to send e-mails to other LAN users within the office. Everything works OK, except that each time he reboots the workstation, Exchange becomes the default e-mail transport. This causes messages sent via Hotmail to fail. We can work around the issue by setting Hotmail to be the default transport after we reboot, but the settings don't persist through a reboot of the workstation. Does any...

How to I use ** without Excel thinking I want to type a formula?
I am using Excel (Office 2003) to create a table and I need to use two of these: * to indicate significant results for a research study. How do I tell Excel that I just want to display this symbol after a three digit number without it thinking I want to type a formula? Turn off Lotus transition under tools>options>transition and uncheck transition formula entry Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Buff" wrote: > I am using Excel (Office 2003) to create a table and I need to use two of > these: * to indicate significant results for a research study. How do I tell > Excel th...

Copy file from one directory to a new directory, using excel spreadsheet as reference for items to be copied
All- I have an excel spreadsheet containing 7509 rows (Products), and I have a directory containing 16,421 image files. The images are all named by the Product Number, which is also a row in my excel spreadsheet. I need to query the excel spreadsheet to get all the product numbers, then check my current directory for a <productNumber>.jpg file. If the file exists, I need to COPY it to a new directy. If it does not exist, I need to write the product number to a text file that I can go over after the fact to obtain the image for the products missing photos. On Dec 17, 9:49...

using outlook #2
can someone tell me how to start using outlook and how to get it to receive my emails direct into outlook? I don't know what version you are running but try this. Open Outlook and go to the Tools Menu. Select either Services or Accounts and begin to set up your account. You will probably need to add an Address Book, and Personal Folder, and an Email account type. We normally use Internet E-Mail. You will need to configure the account type with name, address, and maikl server info. "Justin-Lost" wrote: > can someone tell me how to start using outlook and how to get it t...

Send as permissions using exchange 2003
Hi, I have a client who we are trying to configure send as rights for. Basically if i go into user object > exchange advanced > mailbox rghts > advanced > add user > edit permissions I am unable to see the option to send or receive as. I have tried to enable send as on the object using adsiedit but this does not seem to translate to being available in the ADUC If anyone has any ideas please let me know. Matthew As it is, i actually left the permissions applied in adsiedit and after a while it started working. Still strange tht i cannot see the send as rights in ADU...

Money 2004 cause computer to turn off
Hello, I have a Windows XP computer running IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2.030422.1633 and Money 2004. The computer shuts down -- just turns off without warning -- during the use of Microsoft Money 2004. The shut down *seems* to occur during user input (i.e., moving the mouse or typing a transaction.) I have not changed anything on the system: it's the same mouse, mouse driver, etc. The only thing I *think* has changed is IE during a Windows Update because I do not recall seeing the "xpsp2" in the version information as noted above. I have *not* applied the XP SP2 beta to this compute...

Printing using MFC ??
Hi, I have some printing related Qs in MFC frame work. 1. How to print big text on multiple pages. My undersatnding is that for every page OnPrint is called, Is this correct ? So OnPrint will be called n number of times ??? 2. How can I put some gaps between text and start the printing on a new page. Reagrds, Harvinder Singh Harvinder Singh, Check out the following link (beware of wrapping): http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/ht ml/_core_printing.3a_.multipage_documents.asp Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "harvinder singh&qu...

Turn off default "arrange by \ show in groups" in outlook 2007
Hi, How can I turn off the default "arrange by \ show in groups" in outlook 2007 ? Thanks and regards, Cousin Excel Use the method here: http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/grouping.htm to disable it on all mail folders at once. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT....

@which function to use when
Sir, I have a row in excel with cells containing 88.23, 89.01, 72.39, 54.52 and I want to know which fuction/formula to use for making these as 88.25, 89.00, 72.40, 54.50. Please help. Thanks. On Sat, 9 Jan 2010 01:43:23 +0530, "Sandeep Lohchab" <sandeeplohchab@yahoo.com> wrote: >Sir, I have a row in excel with cells containing 88.23, 89.01, 72.39, >54.52 and I want to know which fuction/formula to use for making these as >88.25, 89.00, 72.40, 54.50. Please help. Thanks. > Try this formula: =MROUND(A1,0.05) Hope this helps / Lars-...

Use of the DSUM function
Who can give me a hand? I am using the function below; so far so good. DAvg("[wng_OPP_SLPK1]";"TBL_Woningen";"[wng_CFT Code] = """ & [pdt_CFT code] & """") Now I need to generate a sum on a field that contains the value "J". How can I change the function: Sum(IIf([TBL_Woningen]![wng_COD_INDCV]="J";1;0)) into a DSum function where the field to sum is wng_COD_INDCV (with the text "J"), the table TBL_Woningen and the criteria [wng_CFT Code] = """ & [pdt_CFT code] & "...

Use values instead of labels on X-axis in Area/Stacked Area Charts
When building a stacked area chart, independent of how the linked cells are formatted, the chart uses the x-axis values as simple text labels. Since my values are not equally spaced, this distorts the plot, and I have not found any method through the help menus to change this formatting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. This technique might give you some ideas: http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=508 - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Ryan" <Ryan@discussions.micr...

webservice and using some kind of response to the client
Hello! When using ASP.NET(aspx page) I can use Respone.Write to send information to the browser.. I know that it would be better to use Windows-application event handle log but just for learning assume that I want to send ex.Message to the browser when an exception occur how can I do that. I tested to use Respone.Write but that was not possible ? [WebMethod] public decimal HowMuchWillItCost(string productName, int howMany) { SqlConnection sqlConn = null; try { ConnectionStringSettings cs = ConfigurationManager.ConnectionStrings["No...

Where to use static constructor and static class
dear friends Can you tell me in which scenario we have to use static class and static constructor? Thanks in advance Ashok kumar wrote: > dear friends > Can you tell me in which scenario we have to use static class and > static constructor? Use a static class when you want to implement functionality that does not require per-instance state (i.e. all consumers of the class can share the state). Use a static constructor when you need to initialize state in a class that is shared by all consumers of the class. Pete ...

using add query with subform fields
I am trying to run an add query and add data from a running subform into a table. everything is working fine except for the fact that only the first row of data from the subform is being added to the table. is there anyway that I could arrange to have all the rows in the subform added to the table? Thanks in advance "all the rows in the subform" must come from a table or query. Use this as the source for an append query. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me by donating to UCP http://www.access.hookom.net/UCP/Default.htm "ftaghabon...

Using percentages #2
I am using percentages to calculate a score of 1 - 5 which updates a dashboard. I have an average of multiple scores adding up to 100% or less. I would like to make an input of 0 to remove this column from the average of other scores. example " =average(i7:i16)" if "i8" input is "0", remove "i8" from average "=average(i7,i9:i16)"... Any suggestions, (thanking you in advance) Use your formula like this... =SUM($I$7:$I$16)/(COUNT($I$7:$I$16)-COUNTIF($I$7:$I$16,0)) Just change the cell reference to your desired cell if required. If t...

'07
I'm really hating how Outlook 2007 promps you to fix your spelling before you can send an email. Questions: 1) Can I turn off that prompt, but retain inline-spell checking (where it underlines words?) 2) Is there a way to have it NOT check the quoted part of messages when replying? I don't care if other people can't spell. -Darrel 1. No. 2. Depends on how you have quoting set. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furio...

How do I use vbSendMail with this Project?
I have a VB5 project that has a button that I want to click and have the vbSsendMail form display from which I will send Emails to some customers. ********Sample Code in this VB5 Project below: Option Explicit Private Sub Load() End Sub Private Sub cmdSendEmail_Click() MsgBox "Need code here to ""Send an Email"" using vbSendMail" End Sub Private Sub cmdExit_Click() End End Sub I have downloaded the vbSendmail.dll and registered it on my computer. What code do I need to insert in the project above to make I make it happen? "Denn...

I used Save instead of Save AS in word 2003
Help i used 'Save' instead of 'Save AS' in word 2003 and have overwritten a complicated document. I know i should have done the save as before i did the changes but that's too late now :( I have done nothing else and the document is still open. Is there any way to recover the original document? -- Sydneysider Probably not, unless you had the option set to automatically create a backup of your file each time you save it and then, only if you have saved the new file with the old name ONLY ONE TIME. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgro...

Using less than and greater than in charts
Hi, I would like to be able to create a chart with data which has a less than, greater than format (i.e. >10%<20%) as I don't have the actual percentages. I need the chart to be clustered as I want to be able to plot monthly directions (N, S, E, W). Thank you in advance Jane Hi, Charts will only plot true numbers. >10% will be treated as text and as such plotted as zero. I guess you could change the >10% to 10% and add some notation to highlight the fact that it is not a true value. Cheers Andy Jane wrote: > Hi, I would like to be able to create a chart with data...

Use the corrective update which comes from the M$ Corporation
--dcufxsuk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qgflctsqnj"; type="multipart/alternative" --qgflctsqnj Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="egpekymsiktrnun" --egpekymsiktrnun Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2002, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to he...

need help with using Free/Busy on the Web
I want to post my Calendar to our company's website, so I'm using the Free/Busy feature in Outlook 2000. I successfully posted my vfb file to www.mydomain.com/freebusy (bogus site). I then went to another user's PC and pulled up my Contact and went into Details and entered my Free/Busy address as http://www.mydomain.com/freebusy/myname.vfb. When I tried to creat a New Meeting Request and invite myself, an error came back saying it couldn't connect to the URL. Now, I would rather use FTP instead of HTTP for all this, but I had trouble there too. I pulled up MS KB article 291621...

Help with Formula using Analysis ToolPack Function ISODD
Hi, Is this feasible using the Analysis ToolPack function ISODD - Can I avoid using individual column/cell references to count th instances of ODD numbers: I have a Dynamic named Range called ROOM that spans 9 columns (and many rows) with an OFFSET of 1 for a colum heading. The Define Name Refers To Box for ROOMS is: =OFFSET(LOCATION!$C$18,1,0,COUNTA(LOCATION!$C:$K),9) Rather than using individual cell references , can I use this Dynami Named Range ROOMS to find the total count of Odd numbers within eac row of 9 columns - can this be done? Thanks Tin -- Tin ----------------------------...