turn off encryption

can not send emails, have ran encryption and cant get it off
0
Gerard (27)

Can you explain the problem with a bit more detail?  Include the outlook
version, type of account (pop/imap/exchange) exactly what you did and what
happens when you try to send mail - include any error messages you get.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"gerard" <gerard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can not send emails, have ran encryption and cant get it off

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/27/2009 12:15:31 AM
out look 2003. the message is encrypted by acer  edata security management. i
ran that programe by mistake. not an it expert dont know if this onfo will
help

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> Can you explain the problem with a bit more detail?  Include the outlook
> version, type of account (pop/imap/exchange) exactly what you did and what
> happens when you try to send mail - include any error messages you get.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "gerard" <gerard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > can not send emails, have ran encryption and cant get it off

0
Gerard (27)
8/27/2009 9:52:04 AM

> out look 2003. the message is encrypted by acer  edata security management.
> ran that programe by mistake. not an it expert dont know if this onfo will
> help

I don't see how this is an Outlook question.  Ask the people to sold you the
security program.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
8/27/2009 12:49:19 PM
if you aren't using the software, uninstall it. But first check with Acer
experts - if you have items encrypted and uninstall it, they might remain
encrypted.

See http://www.google.com/search?q=acer+edata+security+management for links
to information - few of us here have Acers or use the software.  If you can
find an Acer forum you'll get better advice.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"gerard" <gerard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> out look 2003. the message is encrypted by acer  edata security
> management. i
> ran that programe by mistake. not an it expert dont know if this onfo will
> help
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Can you explain the problem with a bit more detail?  Include the outlook
>> version, type of account (pop/imap/exchange) exactly what you did and
>> what
>> happens when you try to send mail - include any error messages you get.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> "gerard" <gerard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > can not send emails, have ran encryption and cant get it off

0
outlookmvp (5838)
8/27/2009 1:32:32 PM
the error message that is coming up is 800cccod, the encryption is not the
problem.
i've went into gmail went through all the instruction to set my emails  up
with outlook, messages still failing to send

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> if you aren't using the software, uninstall it. But first check with Acer
> experts - if you have items encrypted and uninstall it, they might remain
> encrypted.
>
> See http://www.google.com/search?q=acer+edata+security+management for links
> to information - few of us here have Acers or use the software.  If you can
> find an Acer forum you'll get better advice.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> "gerard" <gerard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > out look 2003. the message is encrypted by acer  edata security
> > management. i
> > ran that programe by mistake. not an it expert dont know if this onfo will
> > help
> >
> > "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> Can you explain the problem with a bit more detail?  Include the outlook
> >> version, type of account (pop/imap/exchange) exactly what you did and
> >> what
> >> happens when you try to send mail - include any error messages you get.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> >> Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/
> >> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com
> >>
> >> Outlook Tips by email:
> >> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net
> >>
> >> EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
> >> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
> >>
> >> "gerard" <gerard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Gerard (27)
8/27/2009 7:34:01 PM
gerard wrote:

> the error message that is coming up is 800cccod, the encryption is not the
> problem.
> i've went into gmail went through all the instruction to set my emails  up
> with outlook, messages still failing to send

So which problem do you want help with?

"can not send emails, have ran encryption and cant get it off"

That describes TWO problems.  If encryption is no longer what you care
about, no point in asking about it.

Not until your last post did you ever bother to mention Gmail.  So did
you enable POP or IMAP access in your Gmail account?  Go check the
server-side settings in your account.
0
V4521 (722)
8/27/2009 9:17:47 PM
Are you scanning outgoing email with an antivirus scanner?
What firewall do you use?

--

> the error message that is coming up is 800cccod, the encryption is not the
> problem.
> i've went into gmail went through all the instruction to set my emails  up
> with outlook, messages still failing to send
>
> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> if you aren't using the software, uninstall it. But first check with Acer
>> experts - if you have items encrypted and uninstall it, they might remain
>> encrypted.
>>
>> See http://www.google.com/search?q=acer+edata+security+management for
>> links
>> to information - few of us here have Acers or use the software.  If you
>> can
>> find an Acer forum you'll get better advice.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> "gerard" <gerard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > out look 2003. the message is encrypted by acer  edata security
>> > management. i
>> > ran that programe by mistake. not an it expert dont know if this onfo
>> > will
>> > help

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Pasword protected Excel file encrypted, how do I read this file?
I password protected an important file. My husband downloaded the Office 2003 upgrade last night. Now when I try to access the file I get this message...This is an Excel file, I don't know why it looks encrypted or why I can't access it. This file is not in a recognizable format. If you know the file is from another program which is incompatible with Microsoft Office Excel, click Cancel, then open this file in its orginal application. If you want to open the file later in Microsoft office Excel, save it in a format that is compatible, such as text format. If you suspect the...

reading pane keeps turning on and preview pane keeps turning off
I've been using outlook 2007 for about 6 months and all has been ok until now. My normal view is to have the reading pane turned off and the preview pane turned on. however, now things changed all of a sudden. now when ever I go to the inbox the reading pane is turned on and the preview pane is turned off. So I go to the view menu and reset the view to what it should be. if I click on any other folder such as sent items and back to the inbox, its back to reading pane on and preview pane off. This is the same behavior for all folders. any ideas how to resolve this? Thanks. -- ...

Encrypt Content In XML
I will have security rights stored in XML data, and I just need the content of elements and/or attributes to be encrypted. When the dotnet application reads in the information, it would run a simple decryption on the data. I have one routine that does this, except is uses hexadecimal characters, so I need it to be valid characters for xml. Any routines out there to do this, encrypt and decrypt data that can be used in XML? Derek ...

How do you turn off autoformatting?
I am making a spreadsheet that is essentially a record. In one of the cells, I am entering the old/new values for something as 4/80, which Excel instantly turns into April-80. I can format the the cell back to General, but the number that results is not 4/80. And if I go in and reset it to 4/80 again, the autoformatting kicks in again and the whole process starts over. While there are plenty of ways I could work around this, from changing the way I enter the data on up, it has become a sort of matter of honor now. How the heck do I stop Excel from overriding everything I enter? -- nickt --...

How do I stop bullet letter (a, b, c) from turning greek?
When I create a document in which I have used letters for bulletted lists (ie, a), b), c) etc), when I print or reopen it, the letters have changed to Greek characters alpha, beta etc. How can I stop this from happening? Thanks very much. Wow, I cannot duplicate this in any version of Publisher. Maybe you are using a different type font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "allythegeek" <allythegeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3FD4415-6A6E-4EA1-97BD-0FF22ADFBB5A@microsoft.com... &...

Exchane E-TUrn Configuration
Hi. Can anyone please point me in the direction of a document that details the configuration of two exchange servers in different active directory domains where one must receive mails for a specific domain and park them and the other dials-up every hour and retrieves these mails? I believe I have to use E-turn for this? Thanks you ...

Preview Pane turns itself back on
I've asked everyone to disable preview pane and I have one user who tells me that everytime she disables it, it turns itself back on. She can disable it in the inbox, go to sent mail folder, return to inbox and it's back on. Help! ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

encryption with listservs
I need to set up a small list with about 10-20 users that has some encryption. Some of the problems (among the many) are (a.) this needs to be somewhat transparent, like a simple icon click in the outlook toolbar or automatic with a specified entry in the address book (b.) simple installation. Ideas? Any off-the-shelf stuff? I couldn't find any. -- p In news:D6Gff.2337$N45.1668@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net, Phil Sego <phil@philsego.removeme.com> typed: > I need to set up a small list with about 10-20 users that has some > encryption. Some of the problems (among ...

How to turn Off and On the pesky Office Assistant?
I want to try to live without the Office Assistant. How can I turn it off? If I find I must have it, how do I turn it back on? Thanks, tmb Right clck the office assistant and select Options. Options that are selected cause the office assistant to display, so the more options you deselect, the less times the little guy will show up. You will probably want to leave "REspond to F1 Key" selected (checked), so that you know you can always recall office assistant by pressing F1. Judy Freed "tmb" <topmailbox@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:MLfLb.219948$%h4.209554...

How turn turn off warnings
I have a form which contains a button to run an update query. When clicking the button, it warns of running an update query to which one must respond "Yes". Then it informs you that it is going to update x number of records to which one must again respond "Yes". I have used macros in the past to turn off and then back on these warnings, but lately I have tried to write the code instead of macros. What would be the code for this? For reference, this is what I have right now: Private Sub UpdateMPS_Button_Click() On Error GoTo Err_UpdateMPS_Button_Click Dim stDocN...

Turn off Client message server side
I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? Which message is this? On Fri, 8 Apr 2005 11:40:17 -0500, "AJ" <ajohnso9@jcpenney.com> wrote: >I need to turn off client message about the status of the exchange servers >on the server aide. Is that possible? We have users how gets messages >through the day about the exchange server. Can I turn this off server side? > > ...

Outlook is running in the background. How do I turn it off?
Outlook is running in the bckground. Don't know why or how. How do I stop it? Some common reasons why Outlook will not shut down completely when you click either the X or Exit: 1. PDA synchronization software with your PDA in the cradle. (activesync, iTunes, etc.) 2. WinFax Pro (especially 10.02 in Outlook 2003) - contact their support for an alleged fix. 3. Franklin-Covey Plan Plus! 4. COM Add-ins. 5. Mail reminder add-ins that keep a stub of Outlook open in the background to check for new mail and fire reminders. 6. Anti-virus/firewall programs that are set to scan i...

Turn on!
As known to us, Exchange 2003 SP2 support enhanced SenderID. How can I turn on SPFResult(apposing Urgency,SenderID,SCL and so on)on the top bar of Outlook 2003? Thanks a lot! KejiaLi,coming from Beijing,China ...

Outlook Attachment bloking
How to Turn Off the Outlook 2000 E-mail Attachment Security Update ? Is the the file with all "Unsafe" extentions ? Is it a REGISTRY KEY ? I use Exchange Server 5.5 - Outlook on front end I need to be able to open some extention - Outlook blokes the "unsafe" files attached. Old version of Outlook DO allow atachments, new, with sp3 (sp2, sp1) do block it automaticaly ! How do I change it ? Thank you, Gon http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm "gon" <stafing123@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:0c7201c3db8b$bac3b130$a501280a@...

Turning off read receipts once turned on
In Outlook 2000 (configured for CW), the first time an e- mail is opened with a read receipt request, you have a pop-up option to sned a receipt everytime you get a read receipt request. If this is turned on, how can you turn it back off? Going into the Tools>Options>E-mail Options>Tracking Options does not allow you to change your preference once you have accepted read receipts. Neither does reinstalling office. Any suggestions? ...

Turn Over Report
I am not an Accountant or Inventory Manager, how would I interpret or what should I be looking for when I read a Turn Over Report? What are the benefits? Where does the Number Of Receipts (are adjustments included?), Quantity Received YTD, Average Inventory, Quantity Sold YTD Number Of Turns YTD, Annual Turns derive from? "tstrop" wrote: > I am not an Accountant or Inventory Manager, how would I interpret or what > should I be looking for when I read a Turn Over Report? What are the benefits? The turnover report reports the number of times your inventory is replaced, ...

How do i turn it off
Hi, Im using office 2003 and if a click and hold the left mouse button an move the cursor out of the cell and release the mouse button the cell stay highlighted and follow me around the worksheet. Is there anyway to change this so that when i release the mouse butto the cells de-highligh -- ceem ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ceemo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1065 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37384 Does it work properly if you release the mouse button, and th...

Posting Reports in Manufacturing-How to turn off
In regular dynamic V10, you can go to the posting options and turn off the printing (and get rid of the box asking where to send report) Where do you do the same in manufacturing? For example after a MO receipt, we do not want to print OR be asked to print a report. Right now we have to click cancel like 3 times. thanks! -- Doug Those are actually Inventory reports. Look at the report titles and then go to inventory and turn off the reports there. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

turn off mirror
Hi - I'm trying to create a duplex business card but any changes made to the text are being 'mirrored' or repeated on the 1st page. Both sides need to have different info on them. Does anyone know how to stop Pub. from mirroring ? .. thanks Interesting!!! What version of Publisher are you using? -- >-----Original Message----- >Interesting!!! > >What version of Publisher are you using? > >-- >Pub 2000 > >. > Yeah, read/search the HELP file and it will tell you how to turn off the Synchronising in Publisher 2000. That feature was only in P...

How do I turn off the caps lock on a form?
Hi - I added a new field to my Form, but the default for the form seems to be only CAPS. I need this new filed to have both upper and lower case letters (as well as numbers). Thanks Hi Linda, Where are you seeing only CAPS? If the new control is a textbox, when the user types in the textbox, does the entry format as all caps? Are you seeing caps in design view of the form? Jeanette Cunningham "Linda Davies" <Linda Davies@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AB3DB52-2D7B-4272-884A-63D37E94E8A9@microsoft.com... > Hi - I added a new field to my Form, but ...

turn off sync
how do i turn off ALL syncronization functions in Outlook. i turned it on, don't like it, and now i can't turn it off. someone please help. thanks. Please tell us your version and what you're syncing with. stanc@lsil.com wrote: > how do i turn off ALL syncronization functions in > Outlook. i turned it on, don't like it, and now i can't > turn it off. > someone please help. > thanks. ...

I Can not turn off ClearType
In Outlook 2007, I am unable to turn off the ClearType feature. The ClearType box is unchecked in Tools\options\mail format\editor options\popular. In have checked and unchecked it several times with restarts, but it seems to make no difference. My eyes are bad enough without haveing to look at blurry text. Please help me turn this off. -- Thank you, John Gregory JGreg7 wrote: > In Outlook 2007, I am unable to turn off the ClearType feature. The > ClearType box is unchecked in Tools\options\mail format\editor > options\popular. > > In have che...

Reminder that is turned off by meeting originator gets turned back on by recepients
Hi all, We are using Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007 and have came across a item of question. We have noticed that when a calendar entry is created and sent to a group of people, that the reminder setting does not get propagated. For instance, when the originator turns off the reminder and sends the notice out, it is received with the reminder turned on. I looked at the Outlook help and didn't see anything addressing this behavior. Any ideas why this is happening this way? Thanks Pete It's a bug in Exchange server. http://support.microsoft.com/defa...

Cannot turn off the reminder.
I'm running outlook 2000 and I keep getting the following message which I cannot make stop. "Cannot turn off the reminder. You may be reminded again. There is not enough memory available to perform the operation." Thanks Try this - Close Outlook Hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and check Task Manager to ensure there are no instances of Outlook.exe nor MAPISP32.EXE running on the Processes tab. Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /CleanReminders (note the space between "outlook.exe" and "/CleanReminders") Select OK Is it any better now? -- PATRICK REED [Outloo...