Trying to move email from inbox to personal folder

In Outlook 2007, I am trying to move e-mails from my inbox to a personal
folder. I get the error message, �Can�t move the items. The items could
not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was
denied.� I have done this successfully before. Any suggestions?

--
Stevevh1

"Stevevh1" <Stevevh1.42ab33e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message

> In Outlook 2007, I am trying to move e-mails from my inbox to a personal
> folder. I get the error message, Cant move the items. The items could
> not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was
> denied. I have done this successfully before. Any suggestions?

Are you using an Exchange account or some other type of account?  I'd first
try clearing the forms cache (see
http://www.howto-outlook.com/downloads/clearformscache.htm) and deleting
extend.dat in the (usually hidden) folder %UserProfile%\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook (on XP) or
%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Outlook (on Vista).
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

trying this out
This is a test posting. On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 16:06:51 +0800, "hmmmm" <bobo123@dotdot.dyndns.org> wrote: >This is a test posting. > Please use microsoft.public.test or microsoft.public.test.here for your testing. This is a working newsgroup. If you have questions about an Access database, please post them. John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Inbox
Norton Antivirus caught several email messages coming into my system with a virus. Norton suggested to Quarantine the files and I did. I then deleted the quarantined files. The delima: Now my inbox mesage on Outlook indicates I have new messages in the same quantity of the infected messages I received but it does not display any messages to open. It appears that by allowing Norton to quarantine the viruses a flag was left in Outlook or perhaps the unopened files are still present in Outlook but only hidden? Any ideas? Thank you, Chuck The envelopeicon gets reset when the unrea...

Error while moving CRM3 to another server
Hi all, Need a help on moving existing CRM3 server to another server. I have a CRM3 (along with SQL2k5) installed on server A and need to move to CRM on server B and SQL database to server C. I followed the following steps but it gives me below error. 1. Took a backup of existing databases (orgname_MSCRM and orgname_METABASE) using following query. a. Alter database dbname set full recovery Modify database dbname to disk =3D =93c:\xx.bak=94 2. Restored above database on server C using below query a. restore database dbname from disk =3D =91c:\xx.bak=92 with move =91orgname_MSCRM=92 to =91c:\p...

How do I arrange my personal folders in alpha order?
I have one company I work with and they have about 50 different departments. I receive emails on a daily basis, and I would like to store in folder because I often have to go back for old information. My personal folders are not arranaged in any sort of style and I have to scroll carefully to find the appropriate dept. It takes time and waste time. Selena Armstrong <Selena Armstrong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have one company I work with and they have about 50 different > departments. I receive emails on a daily basis, and I would like to > store in folder be...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

How to MOVE send messages to a folder
I have 2 emails accounts in the Microsoft Outlook. say A and B Email account B is used to forward emails that are received from a fax server to respective staff. So I want to separate these sent(forward) emails from the sent emails from Email account A. But I cannot MOVE sent emails (from email acccount B) to a specific folder. Plse provide solutions. Thanks Desperate user On 3/3/2010 6:02 PM, Christine wrote: > I have 2 emails accounts in the Microsoft Outlook. say A and B > > Email account B is used to forward emails that are received from a fax >...

Pubic Folder Store Email Address
Hi, Environment is SBS2003. Have the unusual problem that for some reason the Public Folder Store is using the SMTP address of one of our users, therefore when email is sent to the user we receive a NDR telling us there is a duplicate address is the system. Using the ldp.exe utility (The folder it is located is hidden) I've found the address is the Public Folder Store under the config directory in the active, but I do not know how to change it?? Any Help? ...

Disclaimer to internal email
Our exchange person left and I have this now. How do I add a disclaimer to internal email? I have it working for external , but they want all email to have the notice. Exchange 2003 sitting on W3K. I have also looked at 3rd party apps already. I need to know if this is possible natively with Exchange 2003. Thanks Frank if you are using the MS script (event sink) try *@*.* instead of *.your_domain_name -- Nawar Aljanabi MCSE NT/2000/2003,MCSA 2003 +M,CCNA "Frank" wrote: > Our exchange person left and I have this now. > How do I add a disclaimer to internal email? I ha...

email Excel documents
HI, I want to email my Excel documents and I want to know how to do it. want to have the "Send to..." option in my file menu. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Daniela > want to have the "Send to..." option in my file menu Check out this http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm#Problems Post back you need more help -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Daniela >" <<Daniela.179n1d@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Daniela.179n1d@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI, > I want to email my Excel...

cannot reconnect after move mailboxes between 2003 servers
Hy all, In the end of our 5.5 Migration we want to move the mailboxes from our Temporaly Exchange 2003 Server to our Exchange 2003 Cluster. We have more domains and WAN-Connections. The mailbox-moving from users from our domain working fine. But we have Users from other domains with their mailboxes stored on our temp Exch2003 Server. Last Night I moved 15 Mailboxes from this users from another domain, an now the user cannot connect with their mailbox. In the Exchange System Manager on the new Server I can see the mailboxes with red symbol, it looks like a deleted mailbox. In the prope...

Can't move an email message that's already been moved: OL 2003
[Got no respone to my orginal post on this - am I the only that has this problem?] After I've read some mail in my Inbox, I'll move it to one of the personal folders I've set up. Being *extremely* fallible, I sometimes move it to the wrong folder. When I discover such an error, I'd like to move it from the incorrect location to the correct one. When I attempt the move, it whines that it cannot do the move because the item has already been moved or deleted. I *know* that - I just want to move it again! Why is Outlook treating me so shabbily, and what can I do to move stuf...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

how can i delete mulitiple emails at once?
new to this...thank you You can hold down the shift or ctrl key to select multiple items. Once you have the items selected, shift+delete is a permanent delete and pressing delete key moves things to the deleted items folder. "mickey" <mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F4475BBE-E47D-4652-96DE-87C7360359A3@microsoft.com... > new to this...thank you mickey wrote: > new to this...thank you How do you select multiple files in Windows Explorer? ...

How to send email after entry from data access page
I hope this is an easy one, but i am not a programmer. I got volunteered for this because i built an inventory database. Access 2003I have a simple referral table that i have linked to an "Input" page for people to enter records (including a drop down list of email addresses). And an "Output" page where pepole can come and edit. That part seems to be working fine.I need to have an email sent out when a new record is posted. Ideally, i would like it to be sent out based on who is selected in that email list, but i would settle for anything at this point.Thank you in adv...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Outlook Express-email being auto deleted-cannot retrieve again
Can anyone help?? Messages in my Inbox, sent, and delete files, are for some unexplained reason disappearing from these files. I don't know where they are going. It does not happen on any noticeable schedule but does occur frequently. Can anyone help?? Thanks This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.micro...

How do you move UserForm to Right hand side of screen with VBA?
The Userform usually come up in the center of the screen. Given that different users have different resolutions on their screens how do you move the Userform to the right hand side of the screen with it being centered vertically no matter what the user screen resolution is? Thanks Dennis Hi Dennis Try this in the userform module Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Me.StartUpPosition = 0 Me.Top = (Application.Height / 2) - Me.Height / 2 Me.Left = Application.Width - Me.Width + Application.Left End Sub -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <Dennis@NoSpam.com> wrote in ...

Number of different email accounts

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

typing moves to another area
While typing in word whether email or a word document, the words I am typing moves to another location, lots of times. It is extremely frustrating. It has done it while I am typing this note. What causes it and what can be done? I'm guessing that you're using a notebook with a touchpad, and that you may also have a mouse attached to it. Sometimes when you're typing, your thumb can get too close to a sensitive touchpad, and that will move the insertion point to the wrong place. You can disable the touchpad in Control Panel > Mouse > Touchpad tab, and just ...

Folder list, inbox and calender
Hi All I have seen this before but I don't know how it was done. Can anyone tell me how I can view my Folder list, inbox mail and Calendar at the same time all in the same window thanks wayne You can't unless you design a custom Outlook today page. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer wayne <wmb37@zoom.co.uk> asked: | Hi All | | I have seen this before but I don't know how it was done. | | Can anyone tell me how I can view my Folder list, inbox | mail a...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

inbox repair #2
vikash@rfl.co.za <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: <blank message> And the question is??? -- Brian Tillman ...