truncated email in Outlook2000

A couple of my users have some of their emails received
truncated.  Others receiving the same email do not have
this problem.  They are all using Win98, some se,with
256MB RAM on PIII.

Those who receive the email in full content tried to do a
forward to the affected user, but the same thing happens.
At first I thought it was because the user has large pst
files but removing it didn't help.

I have searched MS support and technet support but
couldn't find any solution to this.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks
Alicia

0
anonymous (74722)

Hi Alicia,

Does the mail that is being truncated all mail from the Internet?
Are the users with the problem all set to Rich Text Format?
What version of Internet Explorer do the users have?

Have one of the users shut outlook down and then start Outlook by going to
Start, Run, and type Outlook.exe /safe
Now see if the users mail is truncated?

If not, then shut Outlook down and start normally.

Then go to Tools, Options, Other, Advanced Options, Add-In Manager and
uncheck everything there and see if the users are receiving mail just fine.

If so, then start checking items back one by one and trying it between each
one to see what add-in is causing the problem.

--
Thank you for using Microsoft Newsgroups,

Teresa Walker

purposes only.
"Alicia" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> A couple of my users have some of their emails received
> truncated.  Others receiving the same email do not have
> this problem.  They are all using Win98, some se,with
> 256MB RAM on PIII.
>
> Those who receive the email in full content tried to do a
> forward to the affected user, but the same thing happens.
> At first I thought it was because the user has large pst
> files but removing it didn't help.
>
> I have searched MS support and technet support but
> couldn't find any solution to this.
>
> Any help is much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Alicia

0
twalker1 (4)

chime for incoming email
is there a way to change the chime sound that occurs when mail comes in? Just switched from a 98 to an XP machine. Wouldn't have thought that that would matter, but the sound I get now is very subtle and I sometimes don't even notice it. My version of Office is 2000-SP3 9.0.0.6627 (This is my third time in three days trying to post this; not sure why it hasn't been showing up!) Go into Control Panel , select sonds, themes and adjust it from there. >-----Original Message----- >is there a way to change the chime sound that occurs when >mail comes in? Just switc...

Missing Emails
Hi, I have one user who's profile was reset yesterday. After the profile reset she has lost about half of her emails from the Inbox (Outlook 2002/ Exchange 5.5/ Win NT 4.0). I have checked the Exchange server it shows 7941 items in the mailbox but when I counted the items in her mailbox it shows only 4913 items. Please help me to resolve this issue. Thanks! what you're seeing on the server side is all items in her mailbox, including calendar items, etc. - are you certain she's missing anything? "San" <sanjeev.singla@hhs.sccgov.org> wrote in message news:16...

Insufficient Permissions Promoting Email In CRM 3.0
I have one CRM user who no longer has the ability to promote an email. The user receives the following message: "An error occurred promoting this item to Microsoft CRM. The Microsoft CRM server could not be contacted or the user has insufficient permissions to perform this action. Do you want to send the email? If you click yes the email will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM". We are current in our rollups, but that does not seem to have made any difference. This user had been able to promote items up until recently and the...

delay in receiving email
Outlook 2002/98 A few of my users are not receiving emails until they perform some type of action within Outlook like switching to a new email or creating a new email. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks, Jeff You may find the following Microsoft Knowledge Base Library article helpful: OL2002: You Cannot Receive New E-mail Notifications in Environments That Use the Network Address Translation http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305572&Product=ol2002 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the...

Associate name with email
I have a column of names and a column of email addresses. Is there any way to merger them into a single hyperlink that shows the name and sends to the email address? Hi jswafa Try this : With the names in column A and the E-mail addresses in column B try this Sub test() For Each myCell In Columns("B").Cells.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeConstants) If myCell.Value Like "?*@?*.?*" Then ActiveSheet.Hyperlinks.Add Anchor:=myCell.Offset(0, -1), _ Address:="mailto:" & myCell.Value, TextToDisplay:=myCell.Offset(0, -1).Value ...

Email OnLoad Script Email signature
Hi, Would anyone know how to insert a script, so it will insert a body message to a email form? Or if you would know this would work? What I am trying to do is to use the OnLoad function, so it will auto insert a email sigature to all emails. The signature will be same across the organisation for all users. ie. Line 1: Company Name Line: 2 Address Line 3 Telephone. Many thanks! hi This sounds interesting and if you get this working could you please share this with me too. This is something i would need to get done for our organization as well. Thanks in advance Ridhima "SW&...

email password
Recentlly I am asked for username and password when I try to access my email account. On checking the account I find the password section empty. I have completed the password, and ticked the box for save password. this works fine for that session, but when I try to access my emails after logging out, the problem appears again. I am using Windows Vista 32bit, and know that the deatils input are correct. I have also deleted the account in windows mail, and reinstalled it, but the problem still persists. Any suggestions?? PJM That symptom can be caused by interference from a...

Rule for emails from Distribution List members
Hi A bit of clarification would be very much appreciated. We have a user using Outlook 2007 SP2 with mailbox stored on Exchange 2003 and they would like to have a rule which moves any emails from members of a particular distribution list to a folder. e.g. Apply this rule after the message arrives From DistributionListA Move it to the FolderA I must note they would like the rule to move any emails from members of the distribution group not the distribution group email address itself. Is this possible? The user insists this was working until recently but I have never ha...

Printing or Emailing a Quotation to a Customer
I have created Customers, Accounts, Price Lists, Product Catalog in CRM 3.0. I create and activate a Quotation. Now, how do I get this quotation to the customer? Does Microsoft CRM allow me to define standard quotation templates, and send them off to the customer? I have gone through the online documentation, and my CRM books, and I can't find any reference discussing how a customer gets the quote generated in Microsoft CRM. Surely there must be some way of automating the quotation layout & sending. Thanks, Andrew. You could create an email template using the quote, but thi...

Contact Email address format
Hi! I'm trying to programmatically access the my contacts from outlook, which I did using the following code: var outlookApplication = new ApplicationClass(); NameSpace mapiNamespace = outlookApplication.GetNamespace("MAPI"); MAPIFolder searchFolder = mapiNamespace.GetDefaultFolder(OlDefaultFolders.olFolderContacts); The problem is that any email address (Email1Address) retrieved which is connected to the same local Microsoft exchange server is retrieved in the following format: /o=First Organization/ou=Exchange A...

email disappears after opening
When I log into my email account and open up any new emails that I recieved, they disappear when I either click on any of my other folders or when I close my email application. When I log in the next time all of the previous emails that I had opened are gone. I do not recall changing any settings that would cause this. Any suggestions would be appreciated! I'm not sure of the version but I have Vista as my programming software and it's Windows Mail. Debbie While in the Inbox: View | Current View. Check: Show All Messages, not Hide Read Messages. -- Bru...

Emails don't appear consistently in Activities
Sometimes when you click on Activities in a Contact, you can see all of the assigned tasks, emails and flags that have been linked to that contact. Then if you exit and come back in, there are none, or vice versa. What is the problem? The Activities tab is dynamically filled via a query. Depending on the size of your message store and hard disk activity this query could take a while. There is a status indicator at the right top with a "Stop" button. Are you saying that this button is grayed out and there are still no results visible? Corruptions in the pst-file could termi...

Email Template Problem
Hi, I'm having an issue with using email templates. When I try using them, the messages are sent just fine, except that the Greeting in the message contains my name (the sender) instead of the name of the person the email is going to. This happens on the built in templates that came with CRM as well as some that I have created. For example....I'm Dan, and if I send a message to Joe using a template, Joe would see something like this: Dear Dan, Welcome to CRM....blah blah blah. Sincerely, Dan The field that is auto populated after "Dear" is this: {!User:First Nam...

Email Address
Dear Daniel and Magdaline, This is my new email address. You may send your message to me in future. Regards, Yen yiyi ...

Outlook Coding
I have code to send emails progamtically from a module in Excel 2000 using OUtlook 2000, but now I need to have the code select 1 of 5 different email addresses and potentially a different mail server. Any ideas? --------------------------------- Set NewMail = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objmail = NewMail.CreateItem(olMailItem) With objmail .To = Email .Subject = "Quotes for " & Name .Body = emailtext .Send End With Set NewMail = Nothing Set objmail = Nothing ---------------------------------- Submitted...

.jpg's Won't show up in emails
Strange issue started happening recently and I dont know why... When I send an email and insert a .jpg image into the email (not attach, but insert into the body), I can't view it when I get a copy back. I get the white box with a red x in it. Strangely, if it's a .gif image, it seems to load just fine but .gif photos are huge so I need to use .jpg. I know there's a security setting under Options about downloading pictures but I'm afraid if I uncheck that first box, I'll be opening myself up for spam, like the message above suggests. Is there some other way to get imag...

How to create an email in a client's default mail client
Hi I need to create and send an email using MAPI that works when the client is using outlook express, or a variety of versions of outlook. I think this code will work with a variety of outlook versions, but it doesn't work with outlook express What do I need to do differently to work with Outlook Express and Outlook? -------------- Code Snippet Set oApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set oOutbox = oApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(4) '4 = olFolderOutbox enum value Set oEmail = oApp.CreateItem(0) '0 - olMailItem enum va...

Problems when I reply to an email
When I Reply to an email, it seems to take 10 or 15 seconds for it to be sent. Then, the email I am sending is still on the screen, which, at first led me to believe it had not been sent, but it had. When I try to close it, I get a box asking if I want to save the changes to it. Even if I say yes, the window is still there, until I click close again. Why is all this happening? How do I just get the mail to be sent and not be on the screen any longer? Is this an IMAP mail account? Some people seem to be having similar problems with IMAP accounts. The issue may be related ...

Check Names Will Not Let Me Send Email
Hello, I am trying to send an email. I have entered an email address in the to section that I do not want to save to my contacts file. Outlook will not let me send unless I do. This was not happening before last week when my computer crashed and was fixed. How do I get Outlook to let me send my email without saving the contact? My contacts files will become huge if I have to save the email address of every single person I write to. Please help. And thanks in advance. Candy "Candy" <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1841587...

Outlook 2002 SP3 sends reply email using wingding fonts
I recently purchased a HP Pocket PC that apparently has to use Outlook to sync with it's contacts since it came on the companion CD. Since installing Outlook, all of my reply email fonts, including the original message, change to wingdings font. How can I fix this? Also, my Pocket PC uses MS Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Do I have to use Outlook to sync contacts? I prefer Outlook Express. Thanks davidoncoast <davidoncoast@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Also, my Pocket PC uses MS Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition. Do I > have to use Outlook to sync contacts? ...

Problem of Truncation on Excel 2003
When I open a spreadsheet (saved on an earlier version of Excel) in Excel 2003, the "cell wrapped" cells lose most of the ending information, as if there were some sort of limit on the amount of data to be stored. The spreadsheet in question has links, which I do NOT want updated. I have been working with Excel for as many years as it has existed, therefore you may consider I am not making a mistake. We need this problem fixed ASAP. Additional information: Just discovered that the problem is in the handling of MERGED cells. Only the first cell of the merged group is kept ...

email doesn't get delivered
I have outlook 2003 and often the emails give all indications of being sent i.e. going through the outbox to Sent items but never get delivered. once that happens even tiny emails sent to myself won't get delivered. Interestingly the Outlook test message works and does get delivered. Any ideas? thhtorah@gmail.com <thhtorah@gmail.com> wrote: > I have outlook 2003 and often the emails give all indications of being > sent i.e. going through the outbox to Sent items but never get > delivered. once that happens even tiny emails sent to myself won't get > delivered. Inte...

How Can I Capture Headers of Fraud Emails?
I'm running Outlook 2002, SP-2 on XP Home Edition. I get about 3-4 out-and-out fraud emails a week. For example, a spoof of Citibank whose intent is to trick me into going to a web site that spoofs Citibank's, inducing me to provide the fraudulent site with sensitive personal information. Another is the notorious Nigerian scam, updated for Uganda, or Ghana, or wherever. My Preview pane is always off. For questionable email, I save it, then view it with Notepad if I want to see what the email is about. That way the html does not execute. The html is a little messy to read, but that&#...

Please Help
Someone I work with has Outlook setup with Subfolders under the Inbox. He says that all emails after 11-03 or 12-03 in these folders are gone.. Anything before it remains! Is there anything that could cause this? I cannot find any answers. I appreciate your help P "Phil M." <philip@wesselconsulting.com> wrote in message news:u8yRH0S2DHA.1704@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Someone I work with has Outlook setup with Subfolders under the Inbox. He > says that all emails after 11-03 or 12-03 in these folders are gone.. > Anything before it remains! Is there anything th...

Can't delete email in Inbox older than 1 year
I realize this sounds wierd. At work, I am using Outlook 2000 SR-1 which uses an Exchange server. Anyway, I have had these old emails i my Inbox that I can't delete. I was testing this and noticed that i the email was older than 1 year, I get the "Messaging Interface ha returned an unknown error....." when I try move or delete these ol emails. I can delete anything newer than 1 year. Very odd. I have cleaned up my pst file so that it is down to 190MB. I also ra the repair tool a few times, but it did not fix the problem. I have nice clean Inbox except for these 100 emails tha...