Trouble sending and deleting files every day!

I currently am using Outook Express with Windows ME and symantec anti-virus
installed yet consistenly have problems when attempting to send or delete
emails.  I receive alot of spam emails which are deleted, then I find I
cannot send emails (error indicates no socket problem) and/or cannot delete
emails received...I have to shut down my system and reboot in order to
send/delete. But this continues again. Anyone have any idea what might be the
problem and how to correct it? Your help would be greatly appreciated as this
drive me nuts, every day the same thing.....no viruses or worms show up on my
system?
0
Baggins (1)

lets see... 3 choice... OE, ME, or Symantec... i say its a toss up which one
is the problem.  unfortunately this group isn't for any of them.

"Bilbo Baggins" <Bilbo Baggins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I currently am using Outook Express with Windows ME and symantec
anti-virus
> installed yet consistenly have problems when attempting to send or delete
> emails.  I receive alot of spam emails which are deleted, then I find I
> cannot send emails (error indicates no socket problem) and/or cannot
delete
> emails received...I have to shut down my system and reboot in order to
> send/delete. But this continues again. Anyone have any idea what might be
the
> problem and how to correct it? Your help would be greatly appreciated as
this
> drive me nuts, every day the same thing.....no viruses or worms show up on
my
> system?

0
noone1 (387)
11/4/2004 4:40:42 PM

Thanks!...that was alot of help!...at least someone could have directed me
to the correct post!....
well, you could try an OE group or an ME group or a Symantec group if there
is one... they aren't that hard to find and i have no idea which might be
the right one for your problem... and apparently neither does anyone else
watching this group or they would have given more info.

> Thanks!...that was alot of help!...at least someone could have directed me
> to the correct post!....

0
noone1 (387)

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

PST file Size Limit #3
IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 2Gb "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! "Zahid" <Zahid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88ED796B-D64A-4D1E-A866-90BE78A62456@microsoft.com... > IS there a size limit for a PST data file in MS Outlook 2002 ? Thanks ! 1.87GB (which is usually referred to as the 2GB limit). Vanguard <vanguard.code@comcast...

Looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files
I am looking for a tool to repair corrupt excel sheet files. Any body knows? See also post http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel/browse_thread/thread/dc040b0756273b62/9a108194fe01016e?lnk=st&q=aa+arens&rnum=1#9a108194fe01016e Bart Excel 2003 Hi Bart, Don't know how you corrupted your file, but from the description it seems you data is fine until you reenter data (F2+Enter would cause a reentry). If the sheet is really corrupt it would be more a matter of retrieving what data you can. From your description it sounds like someone selected all the cells on the ...

Send As not working properly
I have 2 account that are owners of the information store. They deliver voicemail messages and need send as permission to every mailbox. They work for about 95+% of the mailboxes. We have a few that it responds with you do not have send as permission. If I go to the security tab and add the account to have Send As it works as it should for that account. The second account still does not work at that time. Hi, Check if there is a 'Deny' setting active on the Send As permission for the accounts which do not get the permission and check if these accounts are member of a gro...

AD deleted user, lost license ?
I have a customer who deleted the ad user before moving the crm user data and license to a new crm user. I tried changing the systemusertable to match the login of the new user but I guess there also have to be changed a GUID ( I know it isn't a supported way but had to try it ) I changed it back but have the problem that I can't move the license and move data to a new crm user because the ad user is gone. What to do ? Jack Are you running CRM 1.2 or 3.0? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> wrote in message news:unWJNvjLGHA.3896@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... >I have...

Email trouble with New User in Active Directory
Below is a trail of posts that have been made. My problem has yet to resolved and I need some help quickly. The only other thing I can think of is to reinstall Exchange Server 2003. Hopefully someone will know the answer. Thanks! Subject: Re: Email not Setup when new user created in Active Directory From: "Bryan Hill" <bthill@comcast.net> Sent: 8/15/2004 12:30:21 PM We have other clients that are working fine. Just when we try to set up new ones - it will create the SMTP address but not the X400 address. I tried manually forcing the X400 but it will...

How Delete Web Addresses?
OS: Windows 7 HP 64; Explorer 8. I have the Address window open on the Toolbar with several web addresses showing (Toolbars | Address). Although I know you can't delete individual web addresses, I know there's a way you can delete the whole list. I've tried everything such as check-marking all items under Tools | Internet Options | General | Delete | Delete Browsing History, and they still won't go away. Thanks for any help you can provide! If you'd like to copy me to my e-mail address, just delete the *nospam. Thanks! Dan Kap, Whittier, CA NOTE: The fol...

Send/receive #5
When I hit s/r in Outlook 2000, today it is giving me "Operation failed." I've done the troubleshooting detect and repair, checked settings, rebooted. I don't know what to do next. My account w/ Earthlink is current; I'm using dialup; I have Norton and had scan for incoming/outgoing which I've disabled and still not working. Any ideas? ...

Outlook sending messages attachments corrupt??
Hi there I can't send any messages with attachment any more?? Attachments upon arrival appear as gibberish letters. Or if the attachment is a lager file it produces multiple emails ( up to fifteen single messages) Each email is screened by Norton antivirus 2003. I have not detected virus on my pc. any help would be much appreciated. What is going on?? Regards Norman ...

Trouble with the template.
I want to reset the 'normal' template to default to "Times New Roman" 10point font, and the pages numbered centre top. This seems to work when I set and reopen Word2003 from the Administrator Template vis: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. But it will not work when I open Word2003 normally from the desktop. I have deleted the "Normal.dot" from the following and copied in the "Normal.dot" from the Administrator above: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates...

Experts: how to force windows to flush FAT (file alloc. table) cac
Hi, This post is for computer experts only! I've installed Ubuntu under VMware inside windows XP "using entire physical harddisk", so I can run Ubuntu both inside and outside (upon reboot) WinXP. And I can always access windows partitions inside Ubuntu. So the problem now is that when I'm running Ubuntu in VMware in WinXP, everytime when I made some changes on a windows partition (say creating a file) in Ubuntu, the change is not reflected in XP because XP store FAT (file allocation table) data in system cache but does not reload it upon file operations. Ther...

Saving .pub file to send to others
How the heck do I know how to SAVE AS when I want to "share"/send this ..pub file. It contains both black and white photos and text. Well, I know how to save as, but there's so much to choose from. Help, please. This is MS Publisher 2002, sp3. Nice program after ya get used to it. <g> AnnE in MN AnnE The best, to ensure that all can open the file (not everyone has Publisher), is to create a PDF and send that as an attachment. If you don't have Adobe Acrobat (not the reader), you can get a free pdf creater here: http://www.primopdf.com ...

Outlook express will send but not receive email
I've set up my new outlook at work. I can send emails, but not receive for some reason. Any sugjestions? "Ethan" <Ethan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65FDBACD-7946-4041-BB63-C7EE11751A3E@microsoft.com... > I've set up my new outlook at work. I can send emails, but not receive > for > some reason. Any sugjestions? Outlook, part of MS office, or Outlook EXPRESS? the two are totally different programs, despite the similar name. Ethan <Ethan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I've set up my new outlook at work. I can ...

Inserted images from file are showing blurry on screen, why?
Recently any image format I insert in Publisher 2007 appears blurry on screen. It looks fine in print preview, but it's difficult to know what your document will look like without printing. Why is this happening all of a sudden. Was always fine before. Puzzling. --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.publisher/ Try; View | Pictures | Picture display...what do you have it set at? -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Pam" wrote in message news:#NQ4N1QdKHA.2164@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Recently any image for...

Delete Fixed Asset Book
We currently have 3 fixed asset books that we have not used in 2 years. Also all fixed assets in those books are in the one book we have used from the start of time. How do I delete or mark those books inactive so they no longer appear on the drop down list when adding a fixed asset. From TK: If there are Asset Book records or Book Class records that use this Book ID, you cannot delete the book record. You will need to remove those first. 1. Delete any Assets that are saved to that Book from Cards | Fixed Assets | Book. 2. Delete any Book Class Records that are saved to that Book ...

M03-WinXP -- Is .MNY file size an issue?
In early 2003 I experienced file corruption problems and an MS support rep helped me to run the salvage program on my .mny file. He told me that my problem resulted from the .mny file's growing too large. It was about 4 meg, which he said was too big. He recommended that I archive every year. I just looked at my file. Haven't archived since the beginning of 2003, so I archived. The .mny file only shrunk from 3.9 to 3.5 meg. Started to look here and read the FAQ page. I see tht some of you recommend against archiving, so I renamed the archive file back to my primary name...

Junk e-mail not deleting automatically
I have a user that says her junk mail goes to the junk e-mail folder and is supposed to be deleted ---- however, it is going to the junk folder and I has to delete it herself. Her settings on the Junk e-mail options is set to High and there is a check in front of Permanently delete... Any ideas on how to correct this? Penny Miller <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote: > I have a user that says her junk mail goes to the junk e-mail folder > and is supposed to be deleted ---- however, it is going to the junk > folder and I has to delete it herself. Her settings on the J...

Problem with "att-1.unk" file
I use MS Outlook 2000 SR1 (9.0.0.3821). When receiving e-mail with attached file (extention doesn't matter) from one of my partners I always see this file as "att-1.unk" file. He uses MS Outlook too. This "att-1.unk" may be "stripped" of additional header using programs designed for "winmail.dat" files (for instance tnef.exe). I verified, that my partner used "Plain text", not "Rich text formant" when sending his e-mails. I received the same "att-1.unk" file when I tried to use Outlook Express instead of MS Outlook. Its...

trouble with CrmIsapi.dll
I was experiencing the same problem with the SDK as many have posted to this group ... "the WhoAmI() call results in a http error 405 when running sample code" I followed some of the advice; checked my .srf mapping to CrmIsapi.dll and re-registered the CrmIsapi.dll. when I re-register CrmIsapi.dll I get an error 80004005 - unspecified. ??? I copied it to various places and retried it ... same result. I got the original from the disk and retried ... same result. unmapped it from .srf, restarted and retried to register it ... same result. Anyone experienced this. What's up with m...

unexpected conversion trouble

Deleting rules
How do I go about deleting all my current rules so I can start fresh? So far, all I've found is the rules wizard and I have to do it one by one. Half way through Outlook closes with an error and I have to start over! Thank you. That's what you need to use in Outlook 2003 and earlier versions. = Delete a few, then close the Rules Wizard. Repeat as needed.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and...

Trouble with Outlook 2003 and PST File
Hi, We have a user who is using Outlook 2003 and moves most emails to a PST file which is considered archived email data. They have reached the Max limited on this PST file of 1.99GBs and its not letting them open the PST file. It is trying to repair it when they try to open the PST file. Here is the message they receive: "Can't move the items. The file <path>\<filename>.pst has reached its maximum size. To reduce the amount of data in this file, select some items that you no longer need, and then permanently delete them." I can't even get it open to delete...

Trouble with Pivot Tables & Named Ranges
Can I use a dynamic named range setup in one file as a range in pivot tables in another file? When I have the data source file (with the named range) and the pivot report files open, the pivot reports update just fine. But the moment I close the source data, the pivot reports no longer can update and I get a message that the source can't be found. If I reopen the source, the pivot tables work fine again - but as soon as I close it up, the reports no longer work. The source file is very large and I don't want to open it every time I have to update all the reports tha...

I am in trouble
Hi, I am a student in Cambodia.I don't have any girlfriend. I tried everything. I looked at them wrote poem to them it doesnt work. I got an account from facebook, hi5 friendster myspace. I have 0 girl friend. What should I do? I am so desperate. I am good looking and 250 kg only. Please help me or at least send me some foood I am hungry Best Regards Hungry Guy __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4944 (20100314) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com You're tr...

deleted Exchange user still shows up in Outlook?
Hi, I am running Exchange 2003 w/ Outlook 2003 clients. I am having an issue where if I delete a user's mailbox (with "Delete Mailbox" from Exchange Task Wizard in AD Users & Computers), the user name still shows up when scheduling a meeting in Outlook. In the invitee list in Outlook, if I type the user's email address Outlook will still resolve it to the user's name. In one case it's resolving to an LDAP address, eg I type in deleteduser@foo.com, and Outlook replaces the email address with "/o=Foo Corp /ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/ cn=Del...