Transferring mail messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2000

Hello-

I am trying to Import my mail messages & address book
which were exported via Outlook Express.  When I try to
Import the mail messages it doesn't prompt for a
path...where is it looking for the *.dbx files??

I need my mail...and I am lost without it....any help
would be appreciated.

Thanks.
0
thollaug (3)

Try exporting from OE rather than importing into Outlook.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the
Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out
reading.

thollaug@comcast.net <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked:

| Hello-
|
| I am trying to Import my mail messages & address book
| which were exported via Outlook Express.  When I try to
| Import the mail messages it doesn't prompt for a
| path...where is it looking for the *.dbx files??
|
| I need my mail...and I am lost without it....any help
| would be appreciated.
|
| Thanks.

0
MillyS1 (1480)
11/11/2003 5:09:44 AM
You can't import directly from .DBX files.  You'll need to get those files
back into Outlook Express on the machine you're using now, and then export
the data to Outlook.  If you need help getting the data back into OE, look
here:  http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

"thollaug@comcast.net" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:055401c3a804$06aecb40$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Hello-
>
> I am trying to Import my mail messages & address book
> which were exported via Outlook Express.  When I try to
> Import the mail messages it doesn't prompt for a
> path...where is it looking for the *.dbx files??
>
> I need my mail...and I am lost without it....any help
> would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks.

Why did Outlook Express v 6.0 create dbx files when I
exported my mail messages??  What are dbx files??

Thanks again!

0
thollaug (3)
11/11/2003 6:42:40 AM
>I am trying to Import my mail messages & address book
>which were exported via Outlook Express.

If you have Outlook installed correctly, when you Export from Outlook
Express, it will know how to find your Outlook and will deposit its messages
directly into your Outlook Personal Folders or to your Exchange server, if
you're connected that way.  That's the only destination for Outlook Express.
It won't export mesages in any other fashion.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)
11/11/2003 5:30:17 PM
>Why did Outlook Express v 6.0 create dbx files when I
>exported my mail messages??

It didn't create them when you exported.  They were always there.  That's
how OE stores messages.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

replying to incoming mail or sending to other addresses
I can only send/reply to e-mail addresses within my server network. If I try to send to other e-mail addresses (outside my server network) the message comes back as "undeliverable server can't be found or did not respond" What kind of mail server are you using? Is it an SMTP server you're connecting to inside your office? "Outlook Send Help" <Outlook Send Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE0AC45-052A-47A8-8AEC-E4F95B8EA4B6@microsoft.com... >I can only send/reply to e-mail addresses within my server network. If I >try > to ...

Exchange not attaching scl to messages from external source
Have installed a exchange 2007 server using Trend Interscan as the smtp gateway for virus scanning. I have intended to use exchange IMF to filter spam and have configured it accordingly using the powershell. Internal mail has a scl tag attached to it yet not the case with external messages. Client is not keen on spending extra money on the SPS software for Trend so I am stuck with IMF. Is it a single Exchange Server 2007 server without an Edge server? If that's the case, I'm assuming you have the anti-spam agents installed on the Hub Transport server. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - E...

New Mailbox not receiving mails
We have recently added a new mailbox to Exchange 2000 on our company's server. The user can access his mails via our ISP but they do not appear to be uploading onto the server. He is using Outlook 2003. We can't find any differences between the new user profile and the previous profiles that work OK. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we need to do? No-one at my company is that familiar with Exchange. Thanks in advance HI In the User propertieas (in active directory users and computers) check if the user have e-mail address, Regards, Shai Netanel "Darach" ...

about transfer order

Refreshing from Outlook (outgoing/Ingoing mail)
It seems I always have to press F5 to check for incoming and outgoing mail (I am dial-up) and then it looks for new mail....Is there a way to get it to constantly check for new mail every few minutes??? I already have the option to "check for new messages every..- minutes." but it doesn't seem to work.. - Can anyone elighten me as to how to get outlook to check for itself?? What version of Outlook? Make sure Outlook is not placed in Off-line mode as well; File-> Work Offline -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Ou...

Outlook 2007 calendar day/week/mo view
Vista Ult When I have the current view set to Day/Week/Mo (with or without auto preview) the screen ALWAYS defaults to the Day view. I have tried resetting the view to defaults; closing Outlook and rebooting; changing the view to something else and then changin back... nothing seems to work. Thoughts? Alex Have you tried starting Outlook one time with the /cleanviews switch? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratch...

Transfering messages

Mail Routing #5
I having an issue with Mail Routing on an Exchange Server 2003 The server is configured to accept email from various domains, and is responsible for sending and receiving for these particular domain names. The issue that I am having is that one domain name for some reason is not routing. I have checked DNS records and everything appears fine. i.e. the MX records point to the correct server and this has been verified from and external source. When I create an email alias using the domain name in question all emails sent to that address appear to be lost. The recipient does not receive ...

Unable to send mail on telephone line or DSL, but can send on cable modem
I never used to have a problem. Recently I cannot send mail from Outlook if I use a dial up modem or if I am on a DSL modem. I can receive mail OK. I can send mail on a cable modem. All it does is say "Connecting to Server" and the mail does not send. Then I get an error message "The TCI/IP connection was unexpectedly terminated by the server.(Account: "Name of My Account', SMTP Server: 'name of my server.com', Error Number: 0x800ccc0f). I called the hosting company and they say everything is working and that I have a problem with Outlook 2000. Any ideas wha...

does the /cleanprofile command line switch work with Outlook 2010?
I deleted the registry entries for Outlook without backing up my registry (as I should have), and I am now looking for a way to restore them. From my research, it looks like the "/cleanprofile" command line switch would do the trick. However, when I try it with Outlook 2010, I get an error message saying the argument is not valid and to verify it. Am i using the argument with improper syntax? Is it still available with this version of Outlook? If it is no longer supported with 2010, is there a replacement that does the same thing? Am I going down the wrong path ...

E-mail Excel Attachments to People Who do not have Excel
I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header) and about 8 columns. Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no MS Office products at all. I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing work for. Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a input database on a web site to collect such information. How can ...

Publisher freezes when Outlook Open
I recently purchased and installed Office 2007 Professional with Outlook Business Contact Manager and when I try to start Publisher with Outlook already open Publisher freezes. If Outlook is not open everything works just fine. Except when I try to email from Publisher it will freeze when Outlook tries to open and send the email. Any suggestions would be appreciated. The program stops responding when you try to open or to save a file in an Office 2002 program, in an Office 2003 program and in an Office 2007 program http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313937/en-us -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ht...

HR Position Transfers

Outlook/Exchange/Internet mail configuration intricacy...
Hi, We have two exchange servers on our organization. One is dedicated for internal usage, the other is for internet mail. Both are in separate Active Directory servers. They dont know each other. Both operate on SMTP. The problems start when I configure an user of the internal server (Outlook 2000) to connect via SMTP/POP3 to the external server. Some internet messages get into the internal server. If I set in the Transport tab that the Internet Service has priority over the Exchange (internal) then I get better results but anyway some Internet messages go to the internal server, specially w...

Send an Outlook Task Request with a runnable script when accept is clicked...
Hi, I'm using OOM to send an Task Request. I want to attach some VB script along with it so that when user accepts it will prompt and create corresponding calendar event etc. in his outlook. Is this possible? NB: I don't want to use the Outlook Add-in functionality as I don't want the user to download and install any add-ins Regards, Ashok G Outlook blocks scripts from running unless the form is published. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email...

Where to send suspect E-mails
I used to have an e-mail address to send suspect e-mails to but I don't seem to have it any more. Am I remembering correctly or isn't there such a place. I'm afraid to open it but afraid not to too as it could be important if it is legit. Hope this is a place to get an answer. On 27/01/2010 in message <341099C7-23D8-4192-9A91-05F206C7F9C9@microsoft.com> Grama K wrote: >I used to have an e-mail address to send suspect e-mails to but I don't >seem >to have it any more. Am I remembering correctly or isn't there such a >place. > I...

Can't delete messages from Inbox
OK, I've tried everything mentioned in every article on this subject, and NOTHING works. Some of the messages in my inbox will NOT delete, under any circumstances. I've run Inbox repair (twice!) I've tried emptying the deleted items folder I've tried compacting the file I've tried editing the message before deleting I've tried shift-Del I've tried moving the messages to other folders EVERYTHING results in an error - most say "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, try restarting Outlook I've restarted Outlook, rebo...

How do I e-mail only part (page 1) and not other pages on the sam.
A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these pages and not the whole worksheet David H Hi David You can mail a selection or range Look for a example on my SendMail page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "David H" <DavidH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85AC80F5-1CEF-41C7-8C34-BFEE3955867D@microsoft.com... >A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these > pages and not the whole worksheet > David H ...

Puting bounced messages in a mailbox
Hi everyone. Yesterday we finally migrated off of Exchange 5.5 and now have a running Exchange 2003 server. On the old 5.5 server I set it up so that e-mails that could not be delivered ended up in the Administrator mailbox. If someone sent an e-mail to my company and it was to an invalid e-mail address the bounce would end up in the Administrator Inbox. How do I set that up in Exchange 2003? Thanks for the help. Hi, This should help: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=315631 Leif "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:ejDbg.76828$J...

Windows Easy Transfer

Outlook will not open #5
Problem has not happened before. I don't get an error message or anything. It just does nothing. Can anyone help? Thanks. ...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Incorrect received date
Hello, My domain controller server failed and it's systemboard was replaced by the manufacturer. We did not anticipate the date/time - Kerberos sensitivity and all systems were disconnected until we were able to synchornize the time (new server was off). Unfortunately, we were so focused on the time that did not noticed the date being off to. About 12 hrs later a user reported receiving message's with "tomorrow's" date. How bizarre? We checked the newly repaired server and there was the culprit. Upon fixing the date and resynchronizing/replicating Active Director...

Creating a Rule in Outlook to Automatically Pair replys
Hi guys, Not sure if this is the right place but im trying to create a rule for outlook at work so that it automatically pairs sent emails with replys and moves them to a specific folder in outlook. Now all emails get sent to a shared email address and then we each take turns (a week each) replying to the ones we get so im thinking the best way to do this is if its possible to have a macro that automatically can do this? instead of pairing up my emails with replys all the time, even though i could just click subject and then select the ones i want this is very time consuming as ...

Mail Merge
Is there a way to format numbers using mail merge? Has to begin with a $. Needs a comma when repesenting thousands. Can only have two two digits after the decimal place. Note: The merge list used is compiled using vlookup. (Graham Mayor has replied to the similar post in the Mailmerge and Fields group) Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 05/02/2010 14:01, Dimitri wrote: > Is there a way to format numbers using mail merge? > > Has to begin with a $. > > Needs a comma when repesenting thousands. > > Can only have two two digits after...