transferring files #2

I would like to transfer my Outlook files from my Desktop
PC to my new laptopand don't have aclue how to do it!  I
have a desktop PC operation on Windows 98 and Microsoft
Office 2000.  I have just obtained Microsoft Works on my
new laptop computer operatig with Windows XP Home Edition
and would like to transfer the files on my old PC to my
laptop. I have a CD burner on each unit and would like to
know how to save the right files on the hard drives and
CDs and what type of blank CD's do I need or should I get
a memory key!   Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Exporting to MS DOS Text file
I have an Access Report which I am using to create a text file for upload into a 3rd party application. When Access exports the text file it is creating a carriage return (i.e., empty row) in the first row of the created text file thereby making the file incompatible for upload to the 3rd party. Is there a setting I need to select to prevent this from happening? Any suggestion you may have would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help! Regards, ...

linked file not found
Hi, I cut pasted some data in workbook sheet A from another workbook sheet B and then deleted workbook B. When I click on the cell it refers to workbook B, in fact gives me the full path of the value. The file is no longer there. I cant find it using windows search on the whole disk. Does anyone have any idea, what is going on? TIA/amag It appears that you have only copied a link to the data, not the data itself. If you have not deleted the file from your RecycleBin, then restore it and then Copy > PasteSpecial > Values again to re-capture the data. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CA...

upgrade #2
Is an upgrade possible from the 98 version of publisher to the 2003 version? My office uses the 03 version and I have 98 on my personal computer. Even though I have purchased a new computer it does not help me to upgrade to the new 07 version because I can't easily move back and forth with the software in our office. I can no longer find a link that will give me a definitive answer but my instinct says it will work. HOWEVER...you may find it difficult to purchasing the 2003 upgrade. Pub 2007 has been out for several months and fewer and fewer places are selling the older software....

Help. Log files are killing me. Exchange 2000
I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have another empty 36GIG drive. I did not realize that log files take so much space. I only 3 GIG of free space left. 1. How can I move the log files to my empty drive? 2. How can I delete these files w/o any problem on Exchange? I mean almost 20GIG of log files in one day. Give me a break. 3. Is there a way to do that automatically. Thanks, On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 15:19:49 -0400, "Dooma" <Say-no-to-spam@hotmail.com> wrote: >I just installed exchange 2000 on a new machine on a 36GIG drive. I have >ano...

Posting to closed year #2
Hi there We need to make an adjustment to a closed year. We have opened the year\period... and the accounts allow posting to history. But when we post the transaction it errors out and states . Transaction error-edit required We cannot see where the transaction needs editing. I cannot seem to find reletive info on the KB either. Any one have a step by step to ensure we are not missing anything Thank you Tami Did you follow Article ID : 851423? The only thing I think that could be the problem is that you are trying to correct a transactions that goes beyong the first closed year. ...

ask help for DLL Export Library Definition File
Hello, guys! I got a problem when I build an MFC App which call a MFC Extension DLL that has implemented some API, but I don't know where is the problem, in DLL, in dll def file or in MFC App? the API like this: ___________________________________________________ head file extern "C" AFX_EXT_API long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ); cpp file extern "C" long WINAPI PassThruConnect ( unsigned long ProtocolID, unsigned long Flags, unsigned long *pChannelID ) {....} and its def file like this: __...

Problems importing pst file...
One of the users in our office tried to open Outlook & recieved an error message that indicated that the pst was gone or corrupt. After running the Inbox repair tool to no avail, as well as picking up a copy of their pst from yesterday's backup, I'm still unable to do anything with it! When trying to import it, I get the message "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" & after hitting ok, I get a message that the file isn't a personal folders file! I have read several long-winded posts in other forums, which basically have given me no...

Relative Reference #2
Hi, My question is I have a row and a column of values. I am trying to multiply the row by column and display it in a row format. eg Row 3 5 2 5 Column 1 4 5 6 I want the product to be displayed as 3 20 10 30 by using relative reference. It doesnt work for me. Pl. let me know if anyone has any idea. Thanks Hi! Assume: A1:D1 = 3;5;2;5 A3:A6 = 1;4;6;5 =A1*INDEX($A3:$A6,COLUMNS($A:A)) Copy across as needed. Biff "Hari" <Hari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12430877-E274-482E-8F16-856C2...

money 2005 #2
HI all, anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? Ivan No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under beta-testing. "Ivan Debono" <ivanmdeb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OS9scd4VEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > HI all, > > anybody seen screenshots of money 2005 yet?? > > Ivan > > maybe some would have leaked out :) "A.A. Fussy" <amarks@austarnet.com.au> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:usbD5X$VEHA.1380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > No, there would not be any because I believe M2005 is still under > beta-t...

Paying upgrade price instead of Full version price... #2
Is there such of thing as an upgraded version that you can buy intead of having to get a whole package when you already own last year's? Thanks a lot! Not as such but by shopping around you can usually find an offer with a mail in rebate that brings the price down. If I remember around the time M2004 was released people were talking about net prices of around 15 bucks. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Bis" <anonymous@discussions....

Help! Extract the subject of all mails in outlook to a text file
How can I extract the information, such as subject, sender, time of all the mails in my Inbox into a text file? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Switch to a table view that contains all the fields you need the information from, select all items, and press CTRL+C to copy. You should be able to paste the data in columns into a text file. Note that not all available fields will copy in this manner, but the ones you mentioned should work. -- Jocelyn Fior...

Outloo 2003 pst files
I upgraded office xp with office 2003 beta....on Nov 30th when beta expired i went back to using office xp..all works apart from i am unable to access the pst files i created when i was using outloo 2003...any advice on how i can access these files?? pls reply to my email: tahir_uk@yahoo.com Thanks Check out http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2003.htm#betaexp -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Tahir" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Missing function in Excel 2003 #2
I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? Hi never heard about this. Maybe he has to install the Analysis Toolpak Addin ('tools - addins'). "Galldrian" wrote: > I have a user that is complaining about a missing function in Excel > 2003. He calls it a "Coalition matrix", I have never heard of it > before. He used to have it in Excel 2000. Any ideas? > Never heard of a coalition matrix. The Analysi...

attach file in Business Portal Project's Expense
I would like to suggest to include feature for attached file into the Project's Employee Expense. Where employee submitting expense claim, the superior would like to view the scanned copy of the resit, this is common in order to verify the trueness of the claim. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then ...

show duplicates of 2 tables
Hi, I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the duplicates. How do I go about it? Cheers -- Paul Wilson On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 15:37:00 -0800, Paul Wilson <PaulWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I have 2 table which have identical fields and I wish to create a table from >the duplicates found. The wizard does the opposite it takes out the >duplicates. > >How do I go about it? > >Cheers Create a Query joining the tables on *all* the fields w...

XML File Size & Memory
Hi All, I have an xml file that is 63mb in size. If I were to load this file into memory, will it consume 63mb of memory or will it consume more than that? Thanks, Roshawn That depends on how you're planning to load that document. If you are loading it into an XmlDocument or an XPathDocument object then it will consume more memory than the size of the file. If you simply walk the document with and XmlTextReader then it will consume less memory. HTH, Christoph Schittko MVP XML http://weblogs.asp.net/cschittko > -----Original Message----- > From: Roshawn Dawson [mailto:udrag...

HyperLinking PDF files in Excel
Can anyone offer any help on 1. is it possible to import pdf files into excel as hyperlinks? and 2. if it is possible, how do you do it? =) A hyperlink is as it says, a link to a file either on the local drive or a network which is mapped to the local pc. It is not an imported file, just an address which when pressed will open the relevant PDF document with a PDF Viewer. To insert a hyper link, select from the top menus. Insert\Hyperlink (Hyperlink is at the bottom of the insert menu itme) This will then show a pop up box which will allow you to identify where the PDF file is to be ...

Transfer MM to laptop
Currently running mm 2006 premium on desktop running xp. with purchase of laptop want to transfer license. laptop running vista home premium. I expect I'll need a vista compatible version for the laptop. how do I get it? The retail licenses--you said Premium so I'm assuming--allow installation on both a desktop and a laptop machine. That's not to say that they solve problems assoicated with moving the file back and forth. M06 should work fine with Vista. Do you have the installation CD? "jj60187" wrote: > Currently running mm 2006 premium on desktop running xp....

Transferring email addresses from Access to Outlook address book
Is there a way of transferring a list of email addresses with their contact names from an Access Database Table to my Outlook? ...

Opening file question
When opening a file direct from my documents excel opens but the sheet does not get displayed. Although if you then click print preview the content of the sheet is there. Tried opening excel and then opening file and this works fine. Not a major problem but annoying. Any one shed any light? Cheers, Ash. I think xl is trying to help you. Excel wants to keep the window settings the same way as they were previously. If you saved your workbook in less than a full window, then the next time you open it (via double clicking with no existing xl instance running), it will open it the same win...

Configuring Outlook #2
Hai, I have to configure my outlook while working in my system everyday. I'm not able to view my mails which are sent to me the previous day or week. Please help me how do i configure my outlook in such a way that I get my mails regularly without any difficulty. send me a reply as soon as possible. regards, Solomon ...

RMS add-ons #2
We're considering purchasing RMS and are interested in what appears to be a wide variety of 3rd party add-on products. Is there a place I can see all of the RMS related products? Brian, There is always Solution Finder, but you need access to CustomerSource which is only available when you are an RMS customer. If you would like a list of customizations for RMS produced by my company, RITE, please email me and I'd be happy to get you some information. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 32...

Line Feed XML File
I am using SqlXmlCommandType component to generate an XML file in a VB.net Console Application. Everything ran perfect except one thing. I need to know if there is anyway to make this XML file Line feed file. In other words, I need to put each tag in one line instead of mixing them up. Do I have to create an XSL file to do this transformation, or there is another way on the .net framework to do it? Nader Shahin wrote: > I am using SqlXmlCommandType component to generate an XML file in a VB.net > Console Application. Everything ran perfect except one thing. I need to know > if ...

Transfer Table Name?
RMS V 1.3.1006 What is the name for the Transfer (in/out) table within RMS? I need to get after some xfers inbound to a closed location whose database we do not have to flip to. I would like to get at these via HQ Admin and delete them for the location specific. Thanks everyone! -- Jocelyn Jocelyn, These are stored in the PurchaseOrder/PurchaseOrderEntry tables. - Evan Culver New West Technologies "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E904E333-83B4-4174-A2F4-F7D27530597D@microsoft.com... > RMS V 1.3.1006 > > What is the name ...

Error #8270 #2
Hello, everyone. O need some real help here... Here is my case: We have Win2003 network (one forest, 2 domains A & B) with Exchange 2003 running. Under domain B, we setup ca. 25 child domains. We have setup Exchange server 2003 for domain A (but rarely used). We have also setup Exchange 2003 for domain B where everybody'd email reside in. They are all under same organization name. Starting sometime ago, I noticed constant error message, event 8270 from domain B's Excahnge server application log: Source: MSExchangeAL Event ID 8270 Category: LDAP operations Description: LDAP ...