transferring e-mails between computers

Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from
one computer to another without risking over-writing all
of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are
on Outlook Express 5.

Thanks very much.
0
nick7593 (2)

have to do anything. However, if you are keeping them in a
personal folder you will have to export your .pst file.
0
pmontg (6)
8/19/2003 3:48:55 PM
Highlight all the emails you want to copy, send them by email to the new
computer.

Open the received email highlight all the emails and drag and drop the old
emails in to whatever folder you wish.

--
Ride safe

Barry
Sunny Ocala FL
http://home.att.net/~b.lockyer/Index.htm

"Nick" <nick@urcu.co.uk> wrote in message
> Can anyone tell me how to copy/transfer my e-mails from
> one computer to another without risking over-writing all
> of the e-mails on the new computer. The old e-mails are
> on Outlook Express 5.
>
> Thanks very much.

0
blimey (2)

mass mail import from flat MIME files...
Folks, I have about 500,000 mail messages in flat text (MIME) format on a hard disk... all files sit in multiple levels of folders, all have no extension... just numbers. I would like to somehow get these into Exchange for testing. First, I would need to create mailboxes and user accounts. it is only for about 30-40 names, so that can be done manually. after that, I am flying blind and would welcome any suggestions. thanks in advance, joe Joseph Hand <JosephHand@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have about 500,000 mail messages in flat text (MIME) format on a hard >di...

e-mail signatures
When I edit my signature for outgoing e-mials there is a button for "advanced edit" that takes me into Word. I added a .bmp file for my logo and it looks great in the Word editor and even back in Outlook in the Signature picker window. But the results of the actual signature in an outgoing e-mail are not the same. For example it double spaces all the lines of my signature where I had them single spaced. Any ideas? Edit the signature again. Go to the end of each line and click DELETE to remove the hard Carriage Return. Hold the Shift key and click the enter key to insert a ...

replying to incoming mail or sending to other addresses
I can only send/reply to e-mail addresses within my server network. If I try to send to other e-mail addresses (outside my server network) the message comes back as "undeliverable server can't be found or did not respond" What kind of mail server are you using? Is it an SMTP server you're connecting to inside your office? "Outlook Send Help" <Outlook Send Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE0AC45-052A-47A8-8AEC-E4F95B8EA4B6@microsoft.com... >I can only send/reply to e-mail addresses within my server network. If I >try > to ...

about transfer order

New Mailbox not receiving mails
We have recently added a new mailbox to Exchange 2000 on our company's server. The user can access his mails via our ISP but they do not appear to be uploading onto the server. He is using Outlook 2003. We can't find any differences between the new user profile and the previous profiles that work OK. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we need to do? No-one at my company is that familiar with Exchange. Thanks in advance HI In the User propertieas (in active directory users and computers) check if the user have e-mail address, Regards, Shai Netanel "Darach" ...

Refreshing from Outlook (outgoing/Ingoing mail)
It seems I always have to press F5 to check for incoming and outgoing mail (I am dial-up) and then it looks for new mail....Is there a way to get it to constantly check for new mail every few minutes??? I already have the option to "check for new messages every..- minutes." but it doesn't seem to work.. - Can anyone elighten me as to how to get outlook to check for itself?? What version of Outlook? Make sure Outlook is not placed in Off-line mode as well; File-> Work Offline -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Ou...

Transfering messages

How do I e-mail only part (page 1) and not other pages on the sam.
A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these pages and not the whole worksheet David H Hi David You can mail a selection or range Look for a example on my SendMail page http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "David H" <DavidH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:85AC80F5-1CEF-41C7-8C34-BFEE3955867D@microsoft.com... >A single worksheet may contain many pages. How do I e-mail just one of these > pages and not the whole worksheet > David H ...

Where to send suspect E-mails
I used to have an e-mail address to send suspect e-mails to but I don't seem to have it any more. Am I remembering correctly or isn't there such a place. I'm afraid to open it but afraid not to too as it could be important if it is legit. Hope this is a place to get an answer. On 27/01/2010 in message <341099C7-23D8-4192-9A91-05F206C7F9C9@microsoft.com> Grama K wrote: >I used to have an e-mail address to send suspect e-mails to but I don't >seem >to have it any more. Am I remembering correctly or isn't there such a >place. > I...

Computer Problem!
My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix that? James Moore "James" <jamo1937@gmail.com> wrote in message news:4082df64-90ec-4b18-8242-fed29ee62b92@t23g2000yqt.googlegroups.com... > My system is windows xp with 1GB of RAM. What can cause your text and > fonts to change to a larger size without clicking anything? This > happened to my computer just awhile ago, and is there a way to fix > that? ...

Outlook/Exchange/Internet mail configuration intricacy...
Hi, We have two exchange servers on our organization. One is dedicated for internal usage, the other is for internet mail. Both are in separate Active Directory servers. They dont know each other. Both operate on SMTP. The problems start when I configure an user of the internal server (Outlook 2000) to connect via SMTP/POP3 to the external server. Some internet messages get into the internal server. If I set in the Transport tab that the Internet Service has priority over the Exchange (internal) then I get better results but anyway some Internet messages go to the internal server, specially w...

E-mail Excel Attachments to People Who do not have Excel
I want to send a short Excel table in an e-mail to allow for recipents to input their basic contact information and hit reply with the updated table. The table will be 2 rows (1 row will be a header) and about 8 columns. Alot of these e-mail recipients do not have Excel, and some have no MS Office products at all. I want an easy way to collect basic contact information from people and import it into a large Excel spreadsheet for a club I am doing work for. Our club does not have the money or knowledge to setup a input database on a web site to collect such information. How can ...

HR Position Transfers

I get the same e-mails over and over
I have two accounts in my outlook. One I just added and for some reason the new one keeps retrieving the same e-mails over and over Eman Is Leave a Copy on the Server selected -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Eman" <Eman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:81F87F39-C2C7-4483-9947-9F461E0ABC84@microsoft.com... >I have two accounts in my outlook. One I just added and for some reason the > new one keeps retrieving the same e-mails over and...

Can you create and send e-newsletters longer than one page?
While Publisher lets me create an e-newsletter longer than one page, it won't let me e-mail it in the body of the e-mail. I'm not looking to write a book, but three stories is a bit too limiting. Any ways to trick the technology into letting me have my way with it? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/multipageemail -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "kRo" <kRo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8596441-7317-4CEF-B972-F689BEF16399@microsoft.com... > While Publisher lets me create an e-newsletter longer than one page, it > w...

Restore Outlook 2003 E-Mail
I sert my junk e-mail filter the wrong way and it deleted all the e-mails in my inbox. I cannot seem to install the Restore Deleted E-mail button under "Tools" even though I reset the Registry using regedit.exe. I restarted Outlook as well as Windows to no avail. What type of mail account do you have? Exchange? POP3? IMAP? Outlook Connector? "Patm" <Patm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4194464-D577-481A-8CA3-978ACFF011CD@microsoft.com... > I sert my junk e-mail filter the wrong way and it deleted all the e-mails in > my inbox....

Cannot send e-mail by CRM
Hello everyone! I'm facing a problem to send e-mails using CRM. I have my e-mail router configured, everything seems right. I have recorded an e-mail activity but I cannot send it. Any ideas? Thanks! ...

Windows Easy Transfer

E-mail preview programs
9-Sep-06 I use two e-mail preview programs - they both are not 100% accurate although they used to be. I receive � 100 messages per day. (I've been using PCs since the early '90s and was not careful at first 'cause I didn't know better.) Luckily, the preview programs make it easy to delete junk. The first program is MailWasher Pro. The second is not really a program but a web site: that of Adelphia, my ISP. My e-mail program is MS Outlook. Let's say a preview program indicates that I have 60 e-mail messages. I delete 50 of them, leaving me 10 messages. Then I ...

using ISP mail server?
I have a website and naturally use the hosting company's mail server. Recently, I had a few boucebacks and technical support suggested using my ISP's server. I don't know if I can do that and keep the same mail accounts. It would be silly if I had to use emails not ending in our domain name. I don't see how it would work, but I don't see a lot of things. Any thoughts? Thanks, Peter Not an Outlook issue - I would suggest talking to your hosting company for answers to how their mail server would work with your domain mail. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all...

Transferring an order to an invoice...

Set specific right margin in Outlook 2007 e-mail
I would like to draft e-mails that fit into a fixed 80 character (or some other number of fixed characters or fixed size in inches) column field. I use the "Normal" style and try and move the margin indicator in the "ruler" that appears at the top but whenever I move it to the left, it bounces right back to the maximum width of the screen. Is there some way of setting fixed margins in an e-mail? Thanks for any ideas. Doug Walker You can try to create a new email.dotm (?), edit it to your = specifications, and then make that the default for new mail. --=81 Milly...

Why does e-mail from my exchange server go to junk e-mail on other clients?
Hello, I have an exchange 2003 SP2 server. It has the correct entries for reverse DNS. It passes everything including SPF for DNS report. It is not an open relay server. If I send an e-mail from it though, it will go into the junk e-mail folder on a client running Outlook 2003 SP2. My e-mail address/domain e-mail is not in their blocked senders. Any suggestions/tips? Thanks Actions, Junk Email, Junk Email Options, Safe Senders, @yourdomain.com and tick both bottom boxes. You should be able to deploy that to your LAN quite easily. If need be, search for the reg entry, export...

spam cannot be blocked; bug in mail rule
Since about a week I keep receiving the same spam-mail : it reads "hi" in the subject header. I tried to block it creating a new e-mail rule, but there seems to be a bug. When a try to type in "hi" ("containing the word(s)" in the subject header), the rule appears as : "containing "containing hi' " (doubles the word containing). I'm sorry if the translation is not correct since I'm using the Dutch version, perhaps it is not "containing", but however : the problem is that he not only puts the word "hi&quo...