Transfer Outlook 2000 "Personal Folders" without archiveing

Windows 2000 OS HD cannot be repaired must be
reformatted.  Installed new hard drive on machine and
moved corrupt hard drive to slave position.  Have access
to corrupt hard drive and wish to transfer important
Office 2000 Outlook "Personal Folders" to new master HD
with newly installed Office 2000.   What is file name &
where is it located so I can tranfer safely and
completely?  or How can complete Office 2000 be
transferred completely???
0
insty6957 (2)

Do a seach on the slave drive letter for *.pst. This may
bring up more than one. If you're unsure, copy them all to
the new HD and then open them with Outlook to determine
which one you want.

0
anonymous (74718)
6/1/2004 6:28:04 PM
Dan, Thanks but how does one open multiple .pst in outlook?

0
insty6957 (2)
6/1/2004 6:35:43 PM
In OL, File/Open/Personal Folders.
You cannot copy across yr Office2k App, you will have to reinstall on new
disk

"Richard" <insty6957@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Dan, Thanks but how does one open multiple .pst in outlook?

0
dl1 (180)
6/1/2004 6:48:46 PM
Go to File...Open...Personal Folders File.

0
anonymous (74718)

Outlook 2k3 and Personal Folders
OK - This is really screwey. I just installed Office 2003, and somehow managed to have multiple listings of the personal folders directory on the left side of the screen (under All Mail Folders). When I click on the properies of each one - they are all point to the same exact file!! I can't figure out how to remove them. Has anyone seen this? What exactly did you do? What sort of installation path created this mess? If you can't remove them with a R click > close, you'll have to remove them in the registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Wi...

deleted personal folders
Any idea on how to restore the personal folder .pst file. It was inadvertently deleted from my pc. You can try using a utility that undeletes files (there's on in the Norton Utilities) but it will only stand a chance of working if you haven't written much to the drive since the deletion. Check your favorite shareware/freeware site for one "lindsay" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0cc301c39d5b$b1998940$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any idea on how to restore the personal folder .pst file. > It was inadvertently deleted from my pc. ...

how to copy 2009 folder structure to 2010 personal folders?
I have my personal folders for 2009 set up in a particular structure. I'd like to set up my 2010 folders in the same structure and am wondering if there is a way to copy to 2009 structure. There are about 75 folders and I'd rather not set them up 1 by 1 if it isn't necessary. thank you You can open the old pst in outlook 2010. If you don't want the old data, make a copy of the pst and open the copy in outlook 2010 then delete the old data, leaving the folders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Excha...

2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navaigation Pane
Hi, Appreciate your help with this. I am using Outlook 2003/WinXP. There are 2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navaigation Pane. Both have identical list of sub folders of Drafts, Inbox, Sent, etc. If I click on one Inbox, the contents are the same as in the other, etc. If I close a sub folder, the same sub folder in the other also goes. If I RC on either one of the Personal Folders, the selection "close personal folder" is grayed. How can I get rid of the second one? The only difference between them is the icon to their left. The top most Personal Fol...

Customizing Views in OL2003 across a "Personal Folders" folder set
My company has migrated to Outlook 2003 and I would like to make some changes to the new Default Views. I have read the tips at outlook-tips.net and gone through this group in some detail but have not been able to accomplish my goals I have a bunch of folders saved on my local drive under "Personal Folders" which is on the same tree level as the main mailbox. I would like to 1) Disable Grouping 2) Disable the Reading Pane For 1) I tried View->Define Views->... per outlook-tips.net but it did not work across the subfolders in the Personal Folders directory. I also tried dis...

Outlook 2000 (IMO). Personal Folders / Properties / Advanced Button Stopped Working
I'd appreciate any clues for solving this strange problem with Outlook 2000 (on XP SP2, all fully updated). In Outlook, if I select Properties for a Personal Folder (or Archive Folder), the Advanced button gives the error 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook'. If I make a new (and empty) Personal Folder(2) and have this plus my Personal Folder and Archive Folder open together in Outlook's Folder List, suddenly the Advanced button works on all three folders. When I close Personal Folder(2), the Advanced button stop...

Transferring Personal Folders
I have a new laptop and need to transfer all of my personal folder data in Outlook 2003 (i.e. contacts, calenders, mail & tasks) from my old laptop to my new. How is the best way to do this? -- John H not by using import and export. http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/open_pst.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www...

Personal Folders transfer
Gone from old PC with XP & Office 2007 to new PC with Win 7 & same Office. I have a lot of emails attached to several Personal Folders in the old. Plse tell me how I can transfer the Personal Folders & the emails to the new PC. -- antonstef With outlook closed on old PC copy the data files to Documents folder on new PC On new PC configure Outlook then open the data files you copied "antonstef" <antonstef.587ca41@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:antonstef.587ca41@outlookbanter.com... > > Gone from old PC with XP & Offic...

Outlook does not deliver to Personal Folders
I installed a Linksys wireless router and connected (wired) my home pc to it. I'm running VPN to connect to my company's network. Outlook does not deliver the messages directly to my Inbox (Personal folders). I have to hit the Send/Receive button to actually get the messages. Any ideas? Thanks for any help you can give... Antonio Are you connecting to an Exchange server? Antonio Mira wrote: > I installed a Linksys wireless router and connected > (wired) my home pc to it. I'm running VPN to connect to > my company's network. Outlook does not deliver the &...

Personal Folders database not recognized
I have a personal folders Data File located on an external drive which does not appear in the list of Data Files and therefore I cannot remove this Data File. The personal folders works fine with no errors. When I go to Tools; Options; Mail Setup; Data Files, the data file does not appear so I cannot remove it. When I right click on the folder; Close Personal Folders I get an error message; "The Operation Failed. An Object could not be found. Does anyone have a suggested fix for this problem? Thanks much, Mike -- Mike-Sion "Mike-Sion" <Mi...

Create Microsoft Personal Folders error message.
Hello Everyone, I installed Office 2000 Pro and I'm trying to open Outlook but get the following: A window pops up with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle, the window is called "Personal Folders". In this windows a message states "This information service has not been configured. Select an existing file to configure, or type the name of a new file to create." I click on "OK" and another window pops up called "Create/Open Personal Folders File". In the "Look in:" section the "Outlook" folder is already open with a file ...

2 identical Personal Folders in Folder List and Mail views in Navigation Pane
I still have this problem: 2 identical Personal Folders. In File>Data File Management, there is only one shown. How do I get rid of the second? Last night, another person emailed me regarding my earlier posted same question - so a number of us are having this problem - in additon to the other person below who has it. Thanks from all of us to whomever can help. (I've posted this as a new message, because Google gave me a message, it could not retrieve the previous string.) Thanks. JG Other person said: I posted this same problem earlier and still need help. How about if only 1 of th...

Create Microsoft Personal Folders error message...
Hello Everyone, I installed Office 2000 Pro and I'm trying to open Outlook but get the following: A window pops up with an exclamation mark in a yellow triangle, the window is called "Personal Folders". In this windows a message states "This information service has not been configured. Select an existing file to configure, or type the name of a new file to create." I click on "OK" and another window pops up called "Create/Open Personal Folders File". In the "Look in:" section the "Outlook" folder is already open with a file ...

combine work and personal folders in outlook today
Hi, I have 2 seperate Outlook files, one covers the exchange server at work through our VPN and one covers my Gmail account and personal calender entries etc. I'm wondering if it's possible to combine the 2 accounts so in Outlook today it will for example in the calender section mention both upcoming work entries and also personal ones. Thanks in advance for any help! -Dan daniel.byrne@gmail.com <daniel.byrne@gmail.com> wrote: > I have 2 seperate Outlook files, one covers the exchange server at > work through our VPN and one covers my Gmail account and personal > ca...

Exporting Personal Folders
OK. I just spent two and a half hours on the phone with Microsoft tech support and they could not help. I have Outlook 2003 on my laptop and I want to export/copy/put all my e-mails including their attachments on my Outlook 2003 on my PC. How do I do it? I have 63 Folders and Sub-Folders with hundreds on e-mails. Here's what I've tried: 1. Exporting as a csv, the problem is you can only export one folder at a time and it doesn't export attachments. 2. Exporting as a pst, the problem is it won't open on the pc. 3. Copied the pst on my laptop and tried to import/paste/in...

personal folders showing up two times
Hi. When I have Outlook open at home, when I have the Mail selected, it shows Favorite Folders and All Mail Folders. Under All Mail folders it shows two seperate Personal Folders and the contents appear the same. When I view my Contacts, it shows things twice: Contacts Contacts in Personal Folders FriendEmail FriendEmail in Personal Folders ToDo ToDo in Personal Folders etc..... How can I get rid of the other Personal Folders entry and the duplicate entries in my contacts? Thanks. Bryce. ...

How to install "Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool", xp User/Adm
I can't find any technical solutions to properly installing the "Outlook Personal Folders Backup tool", on a Win XP Pro operating system that uses separate User/Admin. accounts. The tool wouldn't install properly on the User account. So I installed it on the Admin account (no installation problems) but the "backup" option doesn't appear in the "File" menu of the User account Outlook 2007 program. How do I make this work in the XP Admin/User account scenario? Thanks, Tim R You can manually add the add-in via the Add-in section of Trus...

missing emails from personal folders in outlook 2007
Windows 7 asked me if I want to backup my personal folders and I clicked yes. Then realized that all my emails from jan 25- feb17 in all my personal folders had disappeared. I have never experienced anything like this before. Any suggestions? "rosie" <rosie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA4CD48B-EFEB-4DA5-8BFE-A9B27919AD5F@microsoft.com... > Windows 7 asked me if I want to backup my personal folders and I clicked > yes. > Then realized that all my emails from jan 25- feb17 in all my personal > folders had disappeared. I have never...

I have a Hotmail account. How can I transfer my personal folders .
I have been using Hotmail as my main mail account and I have created a certain number of personal folders. I am now using Outlook as my main account. How can i transfer my hotmail folders to Outlook ? Can I do it automatically or shall I have to do it one at a time by resending each and every message to myself ?!?! or should i transfer some files from hotmail to outlook and how? Thank you Paul do you have hotmail working in Outlook? if so, did you try dragging folders to the outlook pst? if folders won't drag between accounts, create new ones in outlook and drag messages to it. i...

Windows 7 Outlook 7 Does it work with Outlook Personal Folders Ba
New pc with Windows 7 and Outlook 7 - I am used to using Outlook Personal Folders Backup program on old pc. Like the program. I must keep copies of all emails. It does not work. I downloaded it but when I go to use it - I put the location in - then when I exit the program it tries to do it and says 1 - no file there and 2 - can't create the folder 3 - no path there This is driving me nuts. Yes, this does work. When you choose File-> Backup...-> button Options... does it list all your pst-files then and does it list a valid backup location? -- Robert Sparnaaij...

best way to transfer info between twoPersonal Folders.pst files
What's the best way to transfer information between two Personal Folders(1).pst files? Thanks, DH Open both files in the same Outlook profile. Copy what you want from one to the other. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:uLCJRxm4IHA.1192@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > What's the be...

Transfer Outlook 2000 "Personal Folders" without archiveing
Windows 2000 OS HD cannot be repaired must be reformatted. Installed new hard drive on machine and moved corrupt hard drive to slave position. Have access to corrupt hard drive and wish to transfer important Office 2000 Outlook "Personal Folders" to new master HD with newly installed Office 2000. What is file name & where is it located so I can tranfer safely and completely? or How can complete Office 2000 be transferred completely??? Do a seach on the slave drive letter for *.pst. This may bring up more than one. If you're unsure, copy them all to the new HD ...

Unable to restore Personal Folders in Outlook Express
I upgraded from the Windows Me platform to XP but failed to backup my email Personal Folders first! I ran Outlook Express 6 before and after. Now I am unable to locate or install the old Personal Folders and files. I made a terrible mistake. Can anybody help to restore the old folders? Background Not a single hit when searching for .mbx or .dbx files! Two hits for .PST files in: My Documents\archive and C:\Windows\Outlook. When trying to Import them via Outlook Express' the .PST files were not recognized as valid. Such file recovery was simple in Windows Me but I am at a tot...

Outlook 2003 Double Personal Folders
Hi, I have the following problem with Microsoft Outlook 2003: On the "Folder List" two (2) "Personal Folders" appear. One with the "Outlook Today" icon an one with the "Folders" icon. The two "Personal Folders" seem to be a pointer to the same outlook data. How can I get rid of the second "Personal Folders" ? Thank you Emmanuel Try going to the mail applet in the control panel, then data files and see if you have the same PST file listed twice. If you don't, then you will need to create a new mail profile (don't c...