Transfer mail and addressbook from pc to mac

Replacing old pc with new mac.

I want to copy my addressbook and the thousands of emails
currently in Outlook Express on my PC to a mail program on
a Mac.

Which files do I copy from where on my PC?

And where do I paste it on a Mac?

Thanks in advance.
Louw
0
anonymous (74721)

louw <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Replacing old pc with new mac.
>
> I want to copy my addressbook and the thousands of emails
> currently in Outlook Express on my PC to a mail program on
> a Mac.

Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup.

> Which files do I copy from where on my PC?
>
> And where do I paste it on a Mac?

Unless the mail program you use on the Mac can directly open Outlook
Express's message store, this approach will do you no good.  The general
approach is to export your addresses and messages to a format the new mail
program can read and then move those files.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16053)

New Mail in Outlook 2003
Hi - Is there a way to have a dialog box pop-up and say, "YOU HAVE NEW MAIL" in Outlook 2003? I dont like the message preview ALERT box at all. I do have the envelope and sound...but I miss the "YOU HAVE NEW MAIL" box. Help & thanks! Chris ctjones@gmail.com alert box = the blue toast? (Desktop Alert) you can create a rule to pop up a window that lists the new mail - look in the rules actions for display a specific message in a new item alert window. "Chris" <ctjones@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122561251.839393.232710@g43g2000cwa.googleg...

Outlook 2003 automatic e-mail preview
Is there any way, in Outlook 2003, to disable the automatic e-mail preview? The problem is in my reluctance, to the opening of messages I would rather not even receive. The easiest way would be to create a new shortcut to Outlook, and then go into the shortcut properties and add the /NoPreview switch to the target. -Peter "Riccardo Romano" <ricromano@alice.it> wrote in message news:O%237Bb8Q$GHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Is there any way, in Outlook 2003, to disable the automatic e-mail > preview? The problem is in my reluctance, to the opening of mess...

virtual PC #2
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I have a powerbook g4 with mac 10.5 and have virtual pc but it will not let me install windows xp. Can anyone help ? It would be very much appreciated. thanks You do not need Virtual PC to run Windows in OS 10.5. OS 10.5 will run Windows XP directly, in BootCamp. Or you can install Parallels for OS 10.5 and run Windows XP side-by-side with OS X. However, you will need to borrow someone else's Windows XP disk. The licence key you have for Windows XP will be fine, but the disk itself has been modified to install in VPC on PowerPC...

convert 2002 pst on pc to 2007 pst on laptop
how do I convert my outlook 2002 pst file on my XP pc to outlook 2007 on my windows 7 laptop. thanks. There is no conversion, you copy the pst to Documents folder on the Laptop, within Outlook, File>Open>Data File...browse to this pst. (assumes you have configured outlook) Then copy data from this pst to the default set of Personal Folders "Larry" <Larry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:344B47A5-AE25-4DD3-BCEA-04A2F365645B@microsoft.com... > how do I convert my outlook 2002 pst file on my XP pc to outlook 2007 on > my > windows 7...

Outlook E-Mail
When I open my e-mail,I read and then close the mail.Then it disappears.I have checked all the settings.I have reinstalled office several times and Outlook .Nothing has helped.Been on the internet no solution. Thank you Dave On 3/8/2010 8:05 PM, BailiffDave wrote: > When I open my e-mail,I read and then close the mail.Then it disappears.I > have checked all the settings.I have reinstalled office several times and > Outlook .Nothing has helped.Been on the internet no solution. > > Thank you > Dave Uninstall your antivirus. Reinstall it without enabling Outlo...

How do I make a mail server?
I want to make a mail server using outlook. I want outlook express web access. How can I do this? What Do I need? You would need server hardware, Windows Server 2003, Exchange Server 2003, Active Directory infrastructure installed. P.S. There is no "express" in "Outlook Web Access". eric wrote: > I want to make a mail server using outlook. I want outlook > express web access. How can I do this? What Do I need? -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com ...

How to? Exch2003srv receive e-mail and forward to two mailbox
Hi, Our company uses Exchange 2003 Server. One of the VP made a special request that I have no idea how to deal with. Basically, he wants any e-mail send to him, internal or external, not only arrive in his exchange mail box, but also arrive at his secretary's exchange mail box, all done on the server side. So, one incoming e-mail send to two different exchange mail box at the same time. If any one can give me a pointer here and there, it would be greatly appreciate. Thanks. Sincerely, Jadefox Open the VP account properties in Active Directory Users and Computers and then go to th...

Getting a multiple user license for Office 2004 for Mac
Right now my small company has one copy of MO2004 and I'm the one using it. We are upgrading the rest of the computers to OSX and there are more people than me that use Word and Excell. I've spent all morning on various websites trying to determine whether we can get an Open License Value pack so more than one person can use these programs at a time. I know one can buy an Open License Value pack and I know one can buy Office 2004 for the Mac, but I can't determine whether both options are available for us. Does anyone know? We're hoping to not have to buy multiple copies of ...

I cannot send mails
I can receive my mails but cannot send it. I have already tried to change my SMTP to 465 and then to 587 and nothing works. 25 definitely is not working. Any help? Magui wrote: > I can receive my mails but cannot send it. I have already tried to > change my SMTP to 465 and then to 587 and nothing works. 25 > definitely is not working. Any help? Sorry. This is a newsgroup dedicated to questions about Access, the database program in Office Professional. It appears your question may not be related to these subjects. The Microsoft help system is not all that clear and may hav...

Importing Contacts into Windows Live Mail
Hi, I have figured out how to import contacts into my Windows Live Mail. The problem is, I have to do it every time I re-open the program. It does not retain the contacts when I close WLM. Is this a bug or is there a way to retain the contacts? Thanks More info please.. Contacts being imported how(csv file, wab address book, other)? Operating system (XP, Vista, Win7) ? Using a Live ID e.g. Hotmail account(hotmail.com, live.com, msn.com) or 3rd party registered Live ID to sign on to Windows Live in WLM ? Have you tried closing WLM and renaming(using Windows Explorer) the Win...

Renaming a mail site
Is it possible to rename our existing mailsite in Exchange 5.5? Sorry, nope. If its just for display sake you can change the display name on the properties of the Site. This can get confusing down the road though. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exchange Support Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "KJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a37501c44e55$f6423fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possibl...

E-MAILS TRACKING IN VB6 01-23-08
Hello, I'm writing a new application in Visual Basic 6 (VB6) to send a HTML mail to a list of recipients from an Access database. All is ok so far. What I need now is to program and display all usefull statistics about the mailing, such as how many "bounced" mails, when and who opened or deleted the e-mail he received etc., in order to make an evaluation of the whole mailing. Of course, I can open the Inbox/Mailbox with POP3 and see all replies but then? How can I determine what kind of reply I get (hard or soft bounce etc...)? Can I find any tutorial about this stuff? T...

Win7 64bit - Excel 2007
Hello NG, I have a brandnew PC with Win7 Pro 64bit, 8GB RAM etc. There is Excel 2007 (32bit) installed and the performance in Excel is extremly poor. The trouble starts when I do something in Excel related to printing and the task splwow64.exe starts working - consuming 1 of my 8 processors. Eg. I have very simple tables with a few sum-formulas and fixed rows/columns. Whenever I enter a new value, move up or down with the cursor the system is very slow and splwow64 is working. When I press page down, it takes seconds to see all the 4 parts of my sheets, each part takes a ...

I need to do a "membrete" to mails in microsoft outlook, how i do
Hice un membrete y necesito saber como incorporalo a los mails de microsoft outlook... pero que quede predetermiando! "yo" <yo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B3F037C3-F053-441C-A255-61DF3B1CC732@microsoft.com... > Hice un membrete y necesito saber como incorporalo a los mails de microsoft > outlook... pero que quede predetermiando! microsoft.public.es.outlook is the proper newsgroup for Spanish postings. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Unable to find mail server...
I'm running Outlook 2002 & can't get it to work. I keep getting the error message: Task 'mail.mydomain.com - Sending and recieving reported error (0x800CCC0D) : Unable to find the mail server. Please verify the server information in your account properties.' I am using the same settings in Outlook Express & it works fine. I've even deleted the account in Outlook, & imported the settings from OE & still have the same problems. I have tried putting the IP address of mail server in account properties & have also tried the detect & repair option. ...

Send/receive in Windows Live Mail
I do not see a "send/receive" task bar button in my new Windows 7 Mail as I did with Outlook Express. Where is it and how do I command "receive" when I am working with Live Mail? -- Bill in California The Sync button does that chore in WLMail. Place the cursor over it to see the description. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bill S" <BillS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58711225-8496-4EA9-912B-3775D8C03E77@microsoft.com... >I do not see a "send/receive" task bar...

Multiple e-mail accounts #3
Hello! Just having issues with synchronizing multiple accounts on Outlook 2003 - both Hotmail and work LAN. ONLY 1 account will work. What am I doing wrong? PLEASE HELP! THANKS! What sort of accounts do you have? What do you mean that only one account will work - do you get errors on the other accounts? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Marc M." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17ca201c418df$b0fde760$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hello...

Changing outlook folder from IMAP to "Mail and Post"
I've got a small problem, I've got some users who keep there mail on our exchange server and using Outlook XP they can view there mail fine. But when they try to use OWA some folders don't show, they only get garbage. The only thing I can see incommon with the folders that won't show and the ones that do is the one that don't when I click on the properties of the folder in Outlook it shows the type as "IMAP" and the ones that do work as "Mail and Post". Is there a way to change the folder time with out manually creating a new folder, moving the mess...

Outlook 2007 Junk Mail Safe Senders via GP doesn't work
I running Outlook 2007 SP2 and Windows 2003 SP2. I created a GP to reference a safesenders.txt using the 'Specify path to Safe Senders list". Although I can get other Outlook Junk Mail settinsg -- such as Protection Level -- to work - I can't seem to get it reference my list. Perhaps, I don't know how the list works or specifically where I should locate it or something. I specify the correct path. It is a list of domains @domain.com format. Can someone offer a suggestion to the problem or how best to troubeshoot? Thanks C Emmons ...

Forwarding e-mail through a rule
I am trying to use a rule to forward e-mail for one user to an outsite SMTP e-mail address. Basically I setup a rule to forward all e-mail with my name in the To field to an external address. It doesn't appear that the rule is even occuring. It doesn't event attempt to forward the new mail. I have enabled this action through the Exchange system manager. Nevermind. Setup my rule incorrectly. >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to use a rule to forward e-mail for one user >to an outsite SMTP e-mail address. Basically I setup a >rule to forward all e-mail...

Importing ads created in Mac to Publisher for PC
Hope someone in this group can help me. My art director needs to create an ad template on Mac using Photoshop and Quark, and needs to save it into a format that can be imported into Publisher for PC. What formats will Publisher accept from Mac? Any assistance will be greatly appreciated. TIA, Jay Unfortunately, I think you're right -- just hoping someone would have a work-around for it. Thanks for the reply, Jay On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:23:12 -0000, "Cerridwen" <cerridwen@celticnet.com> wrote: >www.ttdown.com wrote: >> Hope someone in this group can help me....

ActiveSync Problem with E-Mail Items
Hi! We deployed Exchange 2003. Our clients use also ActiveSync by using their Pocket PCs. Active Sync works well for all users except one. He uses Qtek 9100 Pocket PC (ActiveSync 4.1 + Windows Mobile 2005). He can syncronize all items such as contacts, calendar, etc. with his Pocket PC. But cannot synchronize e-mails!!! First, the Pocket PC shows how many e-mails there are to synchronize. Then it stops the synchronizing and gives the following error back: "Activesync encountered a problem on the desktop support code: 86000108" There is no error protocol on the server side. ...

Multiple *.pst files in "All Mail Folders"
Dear All: I have multiple *.pst files that have been created over the last 10 years. Most are still on the old 2000 format ie not the new 2003 format. Some relate to specific projects and others relate to series of companies etc etc. They were all under the former 2 gig limits in size for pst files. I would like to have those files available in the " All Mail Folders" section in Outlook 2003. However, I get an "out of resources" when I bring those files into the folder area and try to open a pst file to read an email or deposit a new email in that file/folder. (abc.pst...

Outside Mail Delivery Stalled -- sudden Problem
Dear All, Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. Using automatic updates. Overnight, our exchange server abruptly seems to have virtually stopped delivering e-mail from outside our local network. A few messages drip trhough, but very few it seems. If I send 5 test messages from hotmail, one may get through. I've uninstalled Ninja spam prevention software from Sunbelt. That doesn't seem to be the issue. I've uninstalled e-Trust anti-virus software and excange agent from the mail server. That hasn't helped. Are there any exploits or viruses going around that could cause th...

Newbire Question: How to Transfer Outlook Address Book To Another PC?
Hello, I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address book transferred onto his laptop from his old PC. I have no idea how to do this, so if someone could help me or maybe there is a link that has the information, it would be appreciated. jeff <Zombieboy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:so3dl1tv64qnr8d738l0t5brk4kto2pp5m@4ax.com... > Hello, > > I'm a newbie to Outlook as I've never used it before. I'm setting up a > laptop for a friend and he wants his outlook address...