Transfer Address to New Computer

How can I transfer e-mail addresses from my old computer
to my new computer?  I was using Outlook Express 5 and
Windows 98 on the old machine and have Outlook 2000 and
Windows XP on the new machine.  All the files from the
old machine are copied into the new machine, but I cannot
find where to copy the *.pst files (if that's what I'm
suppose to be doing) in the new Windows XP system.

Please don't tell me I have to retype all that
information!

If you weren't using Outlook before, you have no files you can import into
Outlook now. You'd have to import into Outlook Express first, then you can
import from OE into Outlook.
Hopefully you researched how to back up and restore OE information before
you embarked on all this. If not, you'll have to ask in an OE group. This is
an OE problem.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Sandy" <sandytorre@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> How can I transfer e-mail addresses from my old computer
> to my new computer?  I was using Outlook Express 5 and
> Windows 98 on the old machine and have Outlook 2000 and
> Windows XP on the new machine.  All the files from the
> old machine are copied into the new machine, but I cannot
> find where to copy the *.pst files (if that's what I'm
> suppose to be doing) in the new Windows XP system.
>
> Please don't tell me I have to retype all that
> information!

0
russval (3097)

.xls changes sizes from one computer to another
An excel worksheet that we use prints out nicely on one computer; however, when another user accesses it off of the network and does a print preview, the columns of the worksheet squash together in the middle of the worksheet into and only by reducing the view by 99% is the second user able to print correctly. I don't know the circumstances regarding this but I am told this is the way it has always been. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ...

how do I import my Comcast Int address to outlook in box?
I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook? You should be able to set up a profile for each one through the Control Panel, look for the Mail icon. -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "AprilWard" wrote: > I do not know Outlook. I have 3 e mail addresses; one AOL, one Comcast, and > one Victoria@northwest.com. How do I set up these addresses in Outlook?...

ISA Server 2006: External ip address (newbie question)
Hi, I don't know yet what our external ip addresses will look like. (We are currently waiting for our internet provider to deliver a new DSL line). My (simple) question is: Can I already start setting up ISA server 2006 although I don't know the external ip addresses yet? Are there any pitfalls I have to be aware of when taking this approach? Thanks in advance Yes, you can. You also can direct your further ISA questions to appropriate newsgroup. al wrote: > Hi, > > I don't know yet what our external ip addresses will look like. (We are > currently waiting for ...

address book
Is there a macro or other way (short of cutting & pasting) of putting address book entries into a row format. For example: John Smith 123 Main Street Anywhere, state 10000 phone 222-222-2222 to be john smith 123 main street anywhere state 10000 phone thanks for your help redman... > Is there a macro or other way (short of cutting & pasting) of putting address book entries into a row format. For example: > > John Smith > 123 Main Street > Anywhere, state 10000 > phone 222-222-2222 > > to be > > john smith ...

Creating and using a new category.
Hello everyone smarter then I am. I have another question. I am attempting to make it so that I am able to synchronize a contacts list located in a public folder to a handheld device. I was told to create a new category as opposed to a folder to do this. I have created a new category, but I am unsure how to associate the public folder (contacts) with this newly created category. Does anyone know how to do this? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. -- darylakagod ...

Assigning a cell address to a variable
I'm sure this is a simple question, but I've been searching and cannot seem to find the answer to it. I have a couple of loops that run that put data onto a spreadsheet, I want to before the loop runs assign a variable the address of the first cell and at the end assign a variable the address of the last cell. I am trying to use Set LastDay = Range(Cells(3, CalCount)) but this gives me an error. Any ideas or help I would love. Thanks James, This would set the variable LastDay to the address of the last used cell in column A and then create a named range from ...

predefined subject for new task
Hi: I would like to know if there is a way to predefine a subject for a new task, on other applications when you try to schedule a new task you can select it from a combo list box or write it at the moment, but on MS CRM when you try define a new task you need to write it always. Please, if you know how to do it, let me know. Thanks in advance ...

new and reply messages trapped in OUTBOX
outlook 2003 test messages go through DSL service okay. Verizon says it is not their problem. when I create a message and hit send button it goes to OUTBOX. hitting send all and send/receive all has no effect. Try the troubleshooting steps listed here: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291613 If that doesn't work for you, please post back. -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "stevsail" wrote: > outlook 2003 > test messages go through DSL service okay. Verizon says it is not their > problem. > ...

information about a computer that crash
My sister-in-law told me that her computer crashed yesterday. We were wondering, can we put in the recovery disk in it and see if we can format the hard drive and reinstall it?? Thanks, Lauria "goldjpony" <goldpony@windstream.net> said this in news item news:B7F3BB61-3069-4189-A3DB-BFADC81FA9B8@microsoft.com... > My sister-in-law told me that her computer crashed yesterday. We were > wondering, can we put in the recovery disk in it and see if we can format > the hard drive and reinstall it?? > Thanks, > Lauria This is a Server newsgro...

Secondary Fail-over IP address in Outlook
Dear All, Is there any way that I can configure two IP address in Outlook for Incoming & Outgoing server settings? What I want is that Outlook first try to access SMTP/IMAP on A.B.C.D and if after a certain (5 to 10 seconds) if it doesn't get response it tries for the other address like X.Y.Z.Z automatically. I have been searching around but couldnt find any solution to this particular scenario. If anybody can help me out, would be very much grateful. Thanks a lot, Danish Mustafa On 3/1/2010 12:04 AM, Danish Mustafa wrote: > Dear All, > > Is there any w...

Money 2008 and transfers
I have money 2008 and at my bank we have 5 accounts between my wife and I. We transfer money between accounts and am wondering if there is a way to ignore these so they dont end up in the reports. Depends on many things: 1) Are you using Essential or Deluxe/Premium edition? 2) Essential or Advanced Register/Reports? 3) Which reports? Almost all Advanced Reports in Deluxe and above can be tailored to include and/or omit Transfers. "Ken-Ken" <ken.mott@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193289711.800710.111460@q5g2000prf.googlegroups.com... >I have money 2008 and at my b...

"To" field auto-resolving old addresses
Hello, Have a user who is typing in a partial name in the "To" field. Outlook provides that red underscore which you right click on, which then offers you the choices that closely match what you typed in. In this case, one of the choices offered is correct, however, the email address that goes along w/ it is not. It is the old email address the user says was edited out months ago. The contact is in the users contact folder with a current email address, but again, the email address associated w/ the contact is the old one when selected from the auto resolved choices. The us...

Can I share the calenda and contact between computers on the network
I have few staff in my company. I want to share the same calenda and contact with all my staff. How can I do it? Dear Chris, are you using Exchange? If not, on this site is an article on various ways to share Outlook data: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011477571033.aspx You will also find a list of third-party sharing tools: http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Groupware http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Oliver Vukovics Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder Notebook synchronisation for Outlook: Public SyncTool http://www.publicshareware.com &qu...

Deleting multiple proxy addresses
I am going to use the command below from Q318774. As part of the procedure to delete addresses I accidentally created with two full stops in them. ldifde -f badproxies.txt -d "dc=domain,dc=com" -l proxyaddresses -r "(proxyaddresses=*smtp:*..*@*)" If my domain name on the network is 'SCHOOL.LOCAL' My domain name for email addresses is 'ST-JOHNS.WILTS.SCH.UK' What do I put for the "dc=domain" and "dc-com" entries? Is the rest of the command correct and a simple copy and paste? You'd put "dc=school,dc=local" on those part...

Publisher will not recognize new printer
I just replaced my Brother MFC model 7150 with a new Brother MFC model 210C. The printer will function with all the features of Office 2003 except Publisher. Every time I select print or print preview, I receive a message that a printer has not been installed on the system. I asks that I install a printer for Publisher use. My old Brother worked fine with the Publisher program. What can I do to make Publisher recognize the new printer?? Did you completely remove all traces of your old printer? How to clean up printer drivers http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm When y...

Computer Coming OUT of Hibernation all by itself!
Ok, this has me stumped. I am running XP, on a Sony Vaio Desktop computer. When I Hibernate the system at night, it is back on again in the morning when I come into the room! I know it is hybernating because when I first saw this happen, I stayed in the room to make sure it actually hibernated before I left. It DOES go completely into hibernation! Any thoughts, suggestions? I have read all posts here about Going INTO hibernation by themselves, have not found anything about coming OUT of it. Thanks You have some software set to start the PC? The BIOS can also be set...

Account Address on Case Record
Hello All, We are currently working with Cases and want to have the ability to pull address information from the account/contact record directly onto the case. Has anyone done this before or have any suggestions for achieving this functionality. Ideally, we would have the Lookup Address similiar to the Quote and Order. Thanks for the help! ...

CRM Error creating new items
Background CRM was working fine then all of a sudden users could not add or view details of leads, opportunities, contacts or accounts. They can however add tasks, fax, phone calls, emails, letters and appointments. When attempting to add a new contact for example (or to view detailed info on that client) I get an error. The error is: An error has occurred. For more information, contact your system administraotr In the event log I get MSCRM Application Error Report: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error Message: ...

Finding a text and save it's address
Hi all, In a specificspred sheet list,I am look for a specific text.after finding the text,I need to save it's position . my hinge is to use combination of .find ()& .address....If you know the answer,please let me know Thank you very much! I have a VBA procedure at http://www.cpearson.com/Excel/Findall.aspx that will find all occurrences of a value in a specified range of cells. As its result, it returns a Range object that references each cell in which the value was found. Using that function (posted at the end of this message), you can do something like: Sub AAA() Dim RangeT...

CRM 4.0: Problem in running reports from Client computer...
Installing CRM 4.0 Professional Edition. CRM Server Box: CRM 4 Database Server Box: SQL 2005/SP2 + Reporting Services + SRS Data Connector Installation is alright and did not have any problem in that. Reporting Services reports runs ok from IIS Report runs okay when I run report from CRM within CRM Server. However Report do not run when I access CRM from another user computer and attempt to run report from CRM. Looks like a security issue. Can someone from this group put me to the right direction? Thanks a lot in anticipation. Oops! My mistake! It is CRM 4 Enterprise edition and not Profes...

Sent email not getting transfered to Sent Items folder
I am using Outlook 2000 and at a certain point emails that I've sent get stuck in the Outbox folder and are not transferred to the Sent Items folder. If I try to manually move a message to Sent Items I get an error that says "Can't move the items." When I delete some messages from the Sent Items folder then everything works normally. So it looks like there is a limit to how much my Sent Items folder can store and when it gets full my sent email is never transferred out of my Outbox. Is there a way to eliminate or increase the limit of how many messages can be stored in the...

Autocomplete of email addresses
How do I enable autocomplete of email addresses, I can't seem to find info on it anywhere...... Many thanks, Lee You didn't even post your Outlook version. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Lee Barton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:033901c3daf5$67e80f10$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I enable autocomplete of email addresses, I can't > seem to find info on it anywhere...... > > Many thanks, > > Lee Sorry, it's 2000 >-----Original Message----- >You didn't even post your Outlook version. >-- >Rus...

Problem creating new mailboxes
New mailboxes are not populating in the Global Address List recently. If I check the user object through AD Users, there are no email address listed (as expected). If I cycle the ExchangeIS and ExchangeSA services, mailbox creation works as expected. The problem will resurface within a few days. Any ideas? Environment: Exchange 2003 Enterprise, Windows 2000 domain, single site/forest. The server is also running Symantec Mail Filtering 4.5. On Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:29:44 -0500, "Dave Mayhew" <dave@<nospam>thenetpro.net> wrote: >New mailboxes are not populating in t...

Need Entourage settings after upgrading to new i7 MBP
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Howdy, <br><br>I have a valid license for Mac Office 2008 that I have been running on my late 07 MBP. I recently upgraded to a new i7 MBP and installed my Office 2008 on the new machine. I got my Entourage settings nearly correct with the Exchange server at work; I can receive email but I get an error when I try and send email. I went back to the old MBP and none of my Office apps will open because I am using the same product on 2 different machines...OK, I get why the softw...

new email button
I use outlook 07 on the toolbar I used to have the new email button with the text "new" aside. Now it is inly the button itself. How do i get back my button with text ? it disappears when the toolbar is smaller - so drag the toolbar to a line of its own. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlo...