Tracking Outlook via a Database

I am trying to create a simple tracking process for
emails.  To do so I have linked my exchange folders up to
an Access database.  Unfortunatley the link/table does
not show all the available fields such as 'category' that
are found on the email's form.

Any idea on how I can see all the fields in the form
using MS Access?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jason
jason_simmons@dell.com

Printing in Outlook 2002
We recently upgraded to Office XP and since then our users have been unable to print to our Toshiba E-Studio 650 copier. They are able to print to other printers just fine from Outlook. They can also print from Word, Excel, etc... to the copier. But they are unable to print to the copier from Outlook. Anyone know why? Does it work when you set it as the default printer? -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to th...

Newsgroups in Outlook #2
Hi, I tried to personalize my Outlook 2003 for possibility of reading newsgroups. I moved Newsgroups icon to Go To menu. Everything was ok until I restarted computer. I do not have Newsgroups icon in Go To menu nor I am able to move it there because I am unable to find icon among available ones. What did happen? Thank you very much for your help. Best regards, Fornol To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Vew Outlook appointment details
Hi , Every user in Windows 2003 sub-domain can see not only free/busy information of others in Outlook, but meeting details , that is privacy issue .It suddenly happens only in one sub-domain and relative Exchange 2003 Administrative group . i understand it is permissions issue , but where and how can i disable this permission . I compared the permissions accross domains and Administrative groups , but they seem same ? Any help will be appreciated Alex IT Admin ...

Can I email my address book to another Outlook user in one step?
I need to add an address book i have on one Outlook to another pc also with Outlook. Is there a way to email this in one step or maybe sync it somehow? There is no address book in Outlook. All Outlook data is contained in one file. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033...

Outlook and ActiveSync #3
I recently purchased a new computer with XP Home edition. When I installed Microsoft ActiveSync for my PDA, the synchronization will not sync with Outlook. I followed instructions and reinstalled MIcrosoft Office 2000 Professional but an error message appears and my PDA will not synchronize my calendar. The error message reads: "cannot start Microsoft Outlook. A required component is missing: OMI9.DLL. Please install Microsoft Outlook again." No matter how many times I reinstall and reboot my computer, the same error message appears. Any suggestions? ...

Behavior of Outlook 2003 Assigned Tasks when Reinstalling Outlook
Hi All, I assign people tasks using Outlook 2003. (No exchange server, just a personal copy of Outlook 2003 on my side and the task receiver's side. A while back, I backed up everything from Outlook into a PST folder, formatted my hard drive, reinstalled Windows and Office. When I imported my PST folder back into Outlook, all the tasks I had previously assigned to people were now showing that *I* was the owner, and it seemed that Outlook retained no memory of the fact that the tasks are assigned. Why is this happening, and how do I prevent this from happening again? This time, I want to...

view web pages in outlook
I have outlook 2002 SP1 and trying to view web pages with in the Outlook. For some reason I can view all of the pages but one. It works fine if viewed in Explorer but wont work if assigned to a Public folder as home page. I have created many public folders and and most of them use webpage as home page on our intranet server. This is internet site and it just displays unable to display the folder. Permissions are ok. Any ideas? It works fine on other machines. Exchange is 5.5 SP4 on win2k server. George ...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

Sharing Calendar
I have tried to share my calendar from my desktop to my laptop, via email. It sends out, and the laptop message received has been accepted but all the information sent to my laptop does not show up. I have correctly set it to the calendar. Am I wrong, or should all my appointments from the desktop show up on the laptop? Both are running Outlook 2000, although the OS on the desktop is Win2000 and on the laptop it's WinXPPro but I doubt that has anything to do with it. I really don't want to copy the complete .pst file over as I'm not receiving my emails on the laptop - I just wa...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Need Outlook Help
OK, I'm a new user from XP to 7. I used Outlook Express and it was fine for me needs. However, I'm finding Windows 7 to be overbearing and I can't seem to figure out what to do for my email needs. Here's the issue... I'm not setting up various user accounts, which runs counter to Microsofts heavy hand. The problem I'm having is that one normal user account (I have an admin account for managing the computer only) and Outlook for numerous profiles doesn't work. I don't want to have Outlook open directly into my wife's inbox and then ask for a pas...

Outlook keeps closing
The other morning outlook started closing unexpectidly. It will stay open for about 15 seconds and then just close. I've tried reinstalling office 2000 and troubleshooted everything I can. Any help would be appreciated. ...

Outlook.pst doesn't exist
Something wrong with my data file and I want to start with a clean slate. How do I do this? I did a thorough computer search and don't have a file called outlook.pst or any file with a pst extension. I tried uninstalling Outlook and then reinstalling but it always manages to find the defective data file. I use Windows XP and Outlook 2002. Thanks >-----Original Message----- > >>-----Original Message----- >>Something wrong with my data file and I want to start >>with a clean slate. How do I do this? I did a thorough >>computer search and don&#...

Outlook e-mail
When accessing outlook on my 2 computers the inbox of each computer contain different e-mails. How do you synchronize the e-mails for both computers??? That would completely depend on the email account type and version of Outlook that you are using. Assuming POP3; in your account settings you can configure the option to leave a copy on the server for x days. Also see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160 and http://www.msoutlook.info/question/241 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, How...

Business Portal Query for KPI of 3rd Party Tables or Database
I would like to add a suggestion that from the Business Portal Query the user should be able to make queries of databases other than Great Plains whether it is in the same server or another server of GP so it can be used in the Business Portal KPI application, doing so will eliminate the clients that they have to look for other KPI solutions along with the BP KPI in order to build their complete KPI structure for their Business applications, at the moment if there is a need to use a KPI system for an organization they cant ONLY depend on the BP KPI as this feature is not available ----...

Outlook 2000 SP3 gives alerts while sending mails using COM Addin #2
Hi, I have writtern an COM Addin which sends mails to a specified receipient on exiting outlook. The application was working fine until i put SP3 on outlook 2000. From then on, on outlook exit, it started prompting users that "A Program is trying to send a mail. Do you want to allow the program to send mail?" Sameway when i open mail box using com addin, it again alerts telling A Program is trying to accesses your mails. Do you want to allow the program to access mail?" Is there anyway, where in i can by pass this alerts ??? I'm using Outlook 2000 and SP3. Thank...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

HTML Source Edit in Outlook XP
How can I do this? With Outlook Express there is a tab at the bottom that lets you switch from preview to source view. Is this option available on Outlook XP? Thanks No, outlook doesn't support source editing. You'll need to edit it in another program and paste the code into outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http:...

Outlook warning of other apps
In outlook express there is a tickbox to say "not to warn you if another application sends an email". Does anyone know where the equivalent option is in outlook. Thanks. No. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for more information on this security feature in Outlook, and what you might be able to do to work around it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:057001c3bdf4$e6ca18a0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Gray wrote: > In outl...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

outlook #35
I have a laptop that I use at home and the office. How do I easily change the outgoing server for e-mail w/o going all the way into the settings? Help? sf user sf user wrote: > I have a laptop that I use at home and the office. How > do I easily change the outgoing server for e-mail w/o > going all the way into the settings? > > Help? > > sf user Set up a second profile (pointing to the same pst) ...

Outlook calendar appointments disappearing
Hi, I have a user who is using outlook 2007 client and his mailbox is on exchange 2007 server. User has 3 monitors and opens calendar in separate window on one of these monitors, the calendar view is a weekly one and multiple times through out the day some appointments on his calendar disappear except for the recurring ones. User has blackberry and still see=92s appointments there and if he closes the calendar window then reopens it, the appointments are back. Has anyone experienced this issue before? And any help/suggestions is much appreciated. ...