Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS

In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays.

How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays?

0
centrol (9)

outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it
doesn't try
http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Centrol" <centrol@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message
> In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays.
>
> How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Is there a filter to add someone to my contact list.
If I send an email to someone can that person be automatically added to my contact list? I know there is a setting to add people I reply to but I haven't found a way to add someone I send mail to. -- Kilowatt@charter.net Put "private" in the subject line. ...

Template Wizard with Data Tracking
I have been using this add-in just fine for about a year, gathering data from about 20 users onto an Excel Database by having them all use the template. But I recently made some changes and then began having the following problem: After a worksheet has been created using the template, and saved as a new record in the database, and then we want to go back in to change the record and update it in the database, the option does not appear to update the database; the only options continue to be to create a new record or to proceed without saving to the database. It is as though the sys...

Message Tracking #6
What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? But how do you actually do this Kind regards Guillaume Coign� "Guillaume Coign�" <guillaume.coigne@trust-it.be> wrote: >What is the best way to check if your exchange sometimes doesn't accepts >mail (delay) or doesn't send mails correctly (delay) Message Tracking ? >But how do you actually do this Assuming you're asking about messages leaving your organization, the SMTP protocol logs are the place to ...

How do I track half days in the attendance tracking template?
I've just created an attendance tracking template in Excel, however realized that there isn't an option to track half or quarter days taken off. Does anyone have any suggestions? A lot depends on how you've laid out the data. Instead of tracking whole days, can you track hours? 8 for a full day, 4 for a half day, etc. ...

Track Changes compatibility between versions of Excel
I'm planning to undertake a project which involves Excel sheets created in Excel 2003 and tracking the changes made to those sheets via Excel 97. Does anybody know of any problems with the compatibility of this function? This would help me out a lot. Thanks. ...

Tracking GST/VAT in MSMoney Standard
I'm new to Money & processing small business accounts. Had no problems tracking & reporting VAT in Quicken & havegot Money to calculate VAT with each relevant entry. Somehow just not finding a report that shows VAT totals, taxable income etc. Please HELP!!!!! ...

Using Outlook Contact Information to Send a Letter to a Contact using a Custom Word Template
The feature works fine until you try to use a template other than normal.dot. When you use any other template, only the headers and footers appear in your letter - none of the text that is part of the template. My custom template does have the word "Letter" in it (required for the feature to display it in the wizard) and it is recognized by the wizard as a valid template by it's appearance in the wizard dialog box. Any ideas about how to make the Outlook feature export the contact data as well as make the custom template text appear in the letter that is based on it? - Rik Yo...

Trouble with validation of CRM contact email addresses in Outlook
Hi folks, Couple of problems that are occuring for us with CRM 3.0: I am a habitual quick-keyer of e-mail addresses in Outlook; i.e., I enter a snippet of the individual's first and last names, then press CTRL+K to validate/underline the address. Sometimes when I do this, and the person is from the CRM address book, Outlook 'appears' to validate the address (it appears underlined) but on attempting to send the message Outlook flashes a message about selecting at least one recipient for the message. On right-clicking the person's name and selecting properties, all the...

Outlook 2000: Any way to track Calendar access
I've opened up my Calendar for anyone to read in Outlook 2000. Is there any way to track who accesses it? ...

How to track meetings for a task?
How would you suggest to charge meeting time to a my Timesheet task? TIA! Depends on if it's a planned meeting or informal. I typically just create a bucket task through the entire schedule for "Meetings" or book it to PM time. You may also opt to create a distinct line item bucket task for status meetings as opposed to other ad hoc meetings. If it's a big phase gate meeting, I may list that specifically as a line item, but for anything less than that, it becomes too granular for effective management. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems...

How do I display both the Company and Contact bolded in Outlook
In my previous operating system, my Outlook contact files showed both the Company and the Contact Name in bold type in the shaded area at the top of each contact file. In XP, I can get either the Company or the Contact in the shaded area but not both. What am I missing? Try changing the file as field to one of the options that includes both. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips....

vcf for all contacts
Hi, I use outlook 2002 and i would like to know how can i export in VCF (files) all my contacts in one time ? thx, Maileen You'll need an add-in for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Vcard-Converter.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Maileen" <nospam@noemail.com> wrote in message news:OiQGsAphEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, >...

track Shipment
Is it possible to set up the Track Shipment so when you click on TRACK it is automatically bring up a browser with the tracking information? For UPS what will be the URL to set up? ...

Problem in message tracking center
when i use message tracking center to search some e-mail in our exchange 2003 server,i find that some e-mail cann't to be in the search result.For example,I sent 3 email to my stuff,and he received all. Then i tracked them in the message tracking center ,only the first email could be tracked. Thanks for ang reply! ...

Copy Contacts in a Public Folder to a Local Contacts Subfolder
Our company stores a list of company contacts in: Public Folders->All Public Folders->xxx Corp->yyyy-> Company Contacts Every start up I would like a macro to copy these contacts to a sub folder of the local contacts called "Company Contacts". (So they sync with our blackberry's). If the program could be smart enough to only update the subfolder that would be great (check for changes and make those, not copy every contact every time), but not necessary. I don't know visual basic, but I would be willing to look at a couple basic tutorials to figure this ou...

Tracking of Birthdays in CONTACTS
In my contacts, I also key in their birthdays. How to make Microsoft Outlook tracks and alert me of Contacts' birthdays? outlook should create the appointments when you save the contact. if it doesn't try http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/prods/prod05.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &am...

Business Contact Manager's contact question?
Hi, Why isn't there any link between Outlook's Contact and BCM's Business Contact? Outlook's Contact is more detailed information I'd liked to use but BCM's Business Contact have cool features e.g. report, so why don't MS integrate them in same one? Thanks, ...

Copy a contact to Clipboard?
I use Outlook 2002 that came with my iPAC rx3115. I use it for contacts and calendar and not for email. Outlook 2002 allows me to highlight a contact and go to Edit menu and click copy and the entire contents of that contact are put into Clipboard. I can then paste the contact information into MS Notepad, an email, etc. and edit it from there. I like and need the quickness of this feature. This is a very important feature for me I use often. I want to upgrade to Outlook 2007. Did Outlook 2007 retain this feature? In Outlook 2007 can I quickly copy the entire contents of a...

can I track IRA contributions?
I have several mutual fund accounts set up as retirement accounts, and periodically buy shares in them as a monthly IRA contribution from my checking account. Is there any way I can get a report at the end of the year of all my IRA contributions for the previous year? You would think that by running Reports->Taxes->Tax Related Transactions that they would show up, but no such luck. The category of each transaction in my checking account is Buy Investment/CD which generates an activity of "Buy" in the investment transactions of the mutual fund account. I'm still on ...

tracking total portfolio value
How do you track the total value of a portfolio or investment account over time, on a daily basis? I want to be able to get a line chart of my portfolio value. I have dug through all of the reports and tried to create custom ones, but all I have been able to get is a line chart of monthly values, not daily. I know that the daily total is stored, because on the investing home page it shows the total value for 30 days ago. For instance, today it is showing the value for 7/28/07. ...

tracking
how do I track other users info on my comp as the administrator? ...

Consumption tracking?
Hello, is there any tool in MS Money to track home consumption of electricity, water, gas etc.? Nope. One way you can fake it is to enter the values in a predictable way in the memo fields (Utilities : Electricity category entries with memo like, say, "876 kWh") and then get the data from Excel with MoneyLink and then parse out the data you entered previously in the memo fields. Ugly, I agree. "Radomir Kurecka" <RadomirKurecka@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78FC2CE9-D1D4-4F75-9410-9BACBFE74AF1@microsoft.com... > is there any tool in MS Mon...

Sharing Contacts in Outlook #2
Hi, I am running Windows XP with multiple users on one machine. I want the users to share one contact folder but have separate email accounts and calendars. How can I do this? Thanks in advance, Oliver See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm for an example of how to set this up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:2095f397ca53c3d3d951b93708e69db3@news.teranews.com, Mr. T wrote: > Hi, > > I am running Windows XP with multiple ...

How do I search for a telephone number in Contacts
How do I search for a telephone number in a sub-folder of Contacts? When I try a search for a number, that I know is there, it comes up blank. Regards, Peter Ledden ...

Sending Doc with Track Changes
How do I send a document in Final form so that edits aren't visible, if I haven't yet accepted the changes? No matter how I save the doc (as final, with show markup options deselected) the edits are always visible. Kimberly That depends entirely on the settings of the receiving computer. But unless you've changed something way down in the Trust Center, you'll see the same behavior on your own computer -- when you open a file that was last saved as Final, it will open as Final Showing Markup. On Jan 13, 3:57=A0pm, olliesf <olli...@discussions.microsoft.com&...