total # of messages

Is there a way to display the total number of messages
beside the folder
0
anonymous (74722)

What version of Outlook?

In Outlook 2003 you can display the total number of items by right clicking
on the folder and choosing Properties. There are option buttons for
displaying the total number of items or the total number of unread items.
Other versions of Outlook do not have this capability.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Apple" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to display the total number of messages
> beside the folder

0
patriciac (522)
10/24/2003 3:16:17 PM
I have Outlook 2000 and can't seem to find this feature

0
anonymous (74722)

An XML question

501 and 505 http error messages
i am trying to access a website and the 501 and 505 http error message comes up. i tried reinstalling java, but no matter what i do i cannot access the website to take a typing test for the government. i have followed all directions. i need to take this test now. pulling, you need to try an IE or Java forum. This is a Microsoft Dynamics GP forum. Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com You can always run out to the public library if you have an emergency, since it sounds that your test is a priority over fixing your computer. Then a...

Totals on Sales Inquiry native windows
We would like to have the totals on the Sales Inquiries: Transaction by Customer Transaction by Document Sales Documents Sales Items Today we can retrieve this information in separated inquiries and reports, be we would like to heve a easier way to see this totals... The same suggest can be applied to Smartlist. If possible, you can create a tool to sum a field after you make a filter I created a screen where you can see all sales, separated by day of week, and week of year, and totals YTD,MTD and WTD, but I am not able to have the same information grouped by item number, for example.....

POP message #2
The cable company I use does not support Outlook. I keep getting POP. messages to put in my name and password every minute or so. Cable company says I have to use Outlook Express. How do I turn off Outlook and make Express dominant. Keep getting errors when I attempt to switch over and mail keeps going to Outlook What version of Outlook do you have? What is the exact text of the error message you're getting? Outlook will work fine for receiving mail from your cable company - it's just that the company doesn't want to go to the trouble of telling you how to configure it p...

total cost on report
I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field (total) please help thanks, jettro Jettron wrote: >I have areport with a cost field that I would like to total that collum at >the end of the report. How do I do this ? do I need to create another field >(total) The usual way is to use a text box with an expression like: =Sum([cost field]) -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] I'm in design view of the report, where do I insert this expression? I clicked on page footer to insert thi...

Setting ID# to 1 & Total on bottom of query result
Hi, I have 2 separate questions. First how do I set the ID# to 1 for the first record. I copied my whole database including queries and forms which were 2009 records and changed the titles to 2010. I did a "compact and repair" to the 2010 database. But when I start to enter records for 2010 the ID# is 2550. How can I reset the ID# back to start at 1? On many of my queries I have the results be for example 28 Caucation, 43 African American, 65 Hispanic, 4 Asian, 2 Native American. I need these numbers separate like they are but I would like a total line at the bottom...

Finding Cells that Total a Value
Hello Friends, I need some assistance in solving a problem. I have a spreadsheet with over five hundred lines of transactions. The sum of these transactions are creating a balance on the account. Is there any formula/macro that will help me find the transactions creating the balance? The sum of the account should be zero. To clarify, if we owe client money, there would be a transaction setting up that postive balance then a payment on the account taking it back to zero. There could be multiple transactions and then one net payment. Or we could be due to receive. So at the end of the day, th...

Copying sent messages to another mailbox
Is there any way to automatically cc a user on every sent message from another user in Exchange. I want to be cc on any outgoing mail from a specific account for monitoring purposes. Thanks -- Matt Linder I don't believe this is functionality that is inherent to ESM but you could write a transport event sink. Here's a starter http://support.microsoft.com/kb/313404/en-us Nue "MLL" <MLL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B939C17-B418-4AD0-BD9F-6910CE5EFBAD@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to automatically cc a user on every sent message fro...

messages keep getting stuck in outbox
outgoing email goes to outbox and stays there. If there are attachments, my recipient may receive hundreds of copies of the message but it doesn't leave my outbox. The ones stuck there now don't have attachments. Not sure if they're going or not. What version of Outlook are you using? What anti-virus software are you using? What kind of e-mail account is it? (Exchange? SMTP?) -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:...

Microsoft Money 2005 error message
Hi, I've installed Money 2005 on Vista Ultimate and am receiving the following message: "an update is available for your money software. To install this update you must be logged on as a member of the administrator group. Log off Windows and then log back on as a member of the Administrators group to install the update. For more information see Windows help." My account is a member of the administrators group but it still fails to install the update. Any help would be appreciated. Kevin. In microsoft.public.money, Kholmes1 wrote: > > >I've installed Money ...

Messages when dismounted
What happens when the message store is dismounted? do the messages get bounced back or are they queued until re-mounted? Thanks, They are queued at sending servers until timing out. Peretz Stern wrote: > What happens when the message store is dismounted? do the messages get > bounced back or are they queued until re-mounted? > > Thanks, Actually, I'd think that Exchange would accept the message and then queue it in one of it's queues. Now, if the SMTP service was also stopped, then the remote server would indeed queue the message. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP ...

Total Items
Hi - Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be tendered, on the POS screen ? Thanks. You can customize the status.htm file. Not sure exactly what the variable is that you want, but I know it cn be done. "NJS" <NJS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:538F3CC7-F23D-43C7-8A5A-4319B8688E5B@microsoft.com... > Hi - > Is there a way to get a total number of items that are about to be > tendered, > on the POS screen ? > Thanks. Jason, Send me your email I have already customized this and will forward you. "Jason&qu...

Message Delivery Errors
I am pretty new to Exchange and I'm having an issue with messages being delivered that I'm not sure about. I set up our server 2-3 months ago and everything worked fine until a couple of days ago. I am starting to get messages stuck in the queue for an increasing number of domains; it started with @*.rr.com but others seem to be starting. Any message sent to these domains is being queued. I enabled diagnostic logging at maximum and these are the most common errors I'm getting - Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Pro...

Where did the messages go?
First I want to thank those that responded to my other question. You really helped! Now. I have reconnected the mailbox to a user. The mailbox size is 198M with just over 13,000 messages. However, the user account can only see about 1.2M of stuff. Any ideas? Thanks. -- Craig in the High Desert. craig@craignet.com But it''''''''s a dry heat. on the top level of the mailbox, get the properties, and click on "Folder size"...this will tell you where most of the messages are...also check for a "view" filter... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] &q...

Total of Totals
Hey there, I've set up a database consisting of four tables. I run a query which calculates a total for the item (unit price * quantity). Is it possible to calculate the final total of all this for a report? If that's possible, how can I get it to be at the bottom of all the records but only on the last page? Thanks Mathew On Aug 1, 12:48 am, KARL DEWEY <KARLDE...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Yes. > Open the form in design view, click on menu VIEW - Report Header/Footer a= nd > add a text box in the footer with Control Source =3D[unit price] * > [quantit...

Outlook 2003
Hi everyone, Hope someone can help me. My work PC has 2003 instaled, and in the preview pane if I have replied to a message a little grey box appears at the header, and says " you replied on XXX ". I can then click this and get the option to find all related messages. I've installed 2003 onto my home PC and I don't see this feature. I've had a look at the various options but can't find the correct setting to show this. Can someone please tell me how I instruct Outlook to do this, as it's a really handy feature. Many thanks in advance. Regards, Dave Jennings....

Manipulating totals and columns in Pivot Tables
Hi, I'm constructing a pivot table that has investors as columns, investments as rows, and the general data is values. Trouble is there is a column which I want to only display half of each value. I know that I can make a formula that divides a column "column A/2", and then hide the unwanted columns. But I would also like the hidden columns to not be included in the grand totals. How do I make this happen? Thanks! Hi, So let me understand what you want, something like this in the Pivot Table: A B C Name Jp ...

Printing Messages from WLM
How can I make portrait the default when printing messages from live mail? -- DPK I would expect that WLM picks up the default setting from the Windows Printer settings. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "DPK" <DPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:38C7A6AF-3F19-49FF-8A08-BE86A4889A91@microsoft.com... > How can I make portrait the default when printing messages from live > mail? > -- > DPK It may be picking up the defaults in IE also. "DPK" <DPK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

post CString as message parameter
What is the best way to pass CString as message parameters? For example CString mystring; CMyWindow::PostMessage(MY_MESSAGE, (WPARAM)mystring, (LPARAM)0)? Thanks, John homecurr@yahoo.com wrote: > What is the best way to pass CString as message parameters? For example > > CString mystring; > CMyWindow::PostMessage(MY_MESSAGE, (WPARAM)mystring, (LPARAM)0)? > > Thanks, > > John If your application has the need to do this, I *strongly* recommend you evaluate your design. It poses all kinds of problems, like where and how do you allocate memory? Where and how do ...

Pole display Sub Total
Hi All, When a client of mine scans items the amount displaying is the sub total. Is there any way to display the total (ie including tax amount) Regards Amanda ...

how do I get a total for all worksheets in my workbook?
I have ten worksheets, each with a total. How do I get a total of all totals? Considering you have 3 sheets, and the totals are in cell A1, then use: =SUM(Sheet1:Sheet3!A1) Mangesh "Aileen Hewat" <AileenHewat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18C80118-642F-4690-8B5E-7D68B63752E3@microsoft.com... > I have ten worksheets, each with a total. How do I get a total of all totals? This file might be a help: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/zipfiles/consol.zip It's in the "Accountants" section on page: http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/exa...

Prevent forwarded messages
Can I stop a message in Outlook XP from being forwarded on? On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 12:54:40 -0700, "Laura" <laura_coogan@sind.com> wrote: >Can I stop a message in Outlook XP from being forwarded on? No. -- Rich Cervenka Chicago, Illinois, USA ...

Xport messages from 2003 to 2002
Hi there, How do I get my messages I have in Outlook 2003 imported into Outlook 2002? I have exported them as Comma Seperated Values (Windows) but there are no dates to indicate when the mail was sent to me. I will really appreciate any help about this. Thak you. -- Regards, Deon H You would never import Outlook data unless you want to lose or alter it in some way. All Outlook data resides in one file with a PST extension. Since you want to back down a version, you will first have to create an Outlook data file in Outlook 2003 that is compatible with older versions ("97-2002&qu...

Calculate Total Books
I am preparing packing slips for boxes to be sent out. There are different book orders going into the same box. Each book in the order will have its own set of id numbers that are usually, but not always, in a string(101-121 etc). I use a calculated field on the form to display the number of books in the string as I store the start book number and subract it from the end book number and add 1 to get the actual number of books in the string. I use the same calculated field on the report to show the number of books in each detial, but I have multiple strings in 1 box. I need to show a...

Outlook.exe has generated error messages and Closed by Windows
I did a search and came up with a thread with this subject(Outlook.exe has generated error messages and will be Closed by Windows) and did as I was told Detect and Repair,scan hard disk and defragment it but it did not help. Also I did as told here http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;297010 None of the suggestions helped. After about 45 seconds Outlook gives me the message and closes. I am using outlook 2k on win 2k machine. I would appreciate any help. Thanks ...