Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,

Hi,
Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup,
When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not ,
In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark,
But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup,
What could be the problem

Thank you & Bets Regards,
Yakov

0
Yakov (3)

Do you have a rule set to move messages?
If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule.

"Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup,
> When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
> It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not ,
> In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark,
> But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup,
> What could be the problem
>
> Thank you & Bets Regards,
> Yakov

0
BillR9171 (440)
4/4/2005 6:39:57 AM
Hi,
Thank you,
No I don't have any rule set in this computer, The Alert works I don't know
what change

Thank you
Yakov

"BillR [MVP]" wrote:

> Do you have a rule set to move messages?
> If you do then you need to add showing the Desktop Alert to that rule.
>
> "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup,
> > When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
> > It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not ,
> > In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark,
> > But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup,
> > What could be the problem
> >
> > Thank you & Bets Regards,
> > Yakov

0
Yakov (3)
4/4/2005 9:55:01 AM
On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:33:01 -0700, "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup,
>When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
>It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not ,
>In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark,
>But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup,
>What could be the problem

What kind of account are we talking about here?
--
<<<SgtRich>>>
Email: Microsoft Outlook 2003

"SgtRich" wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 23:33:01 -0700, "Yakov" <Yakov@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >Windows XP, Outlook 2003, Desktop Alert stop popup,
> >When it check in - Tools,Options, Email Options, AdvancedE-mail Options,
> >It supposed to be "Preview" option, its not ,
> >In "When new item arrive in my Inbox" all the option mark,
> >But when new mail arrived Desktop Alert not popup,
> >What could be the problem
> >
> What kind of account are we talking about here?
> --
> <<<SgtRich>>>
> Email: Microsoft Outlook 2003
> News (Text): Forté Agent 2.0
> News (Binaries): News Rover 10.2.2

0
Yakov (3)

attaching email account group to contacts
Can I attach an email account group to a contact so that the account does not have to be separately selected for that contact everytime I send an email? Beemer We have no idea what you are talking about? What email account are you talking about?What version of Outlook? Please explain what you are trying to accomplish so we can understand the steps you need to accomplish it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading....

Mailbox Cleanup Tools
I would like you to try to find some tools that will allow me to apply per-mailbox and per-folder policies to our Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. For example, I'd like to be able to say: delete everything in everyone's deleted items folder older than 180 days. Also, delete everything in Joe Smith's inbox older than 90 days, but only delete things in Margre G's inbox older than 180 days. ...

E2K
Whenever I reboot my Exchange 2000 server, users get old emails again. The emails show unread and appear as if it waa new mail ite. However, they are actually mail that has been read already. The outdated emails only appear after a reboot. It's as if they are stored in a queue or something and the reboot forces them out? Any ideas. As to whats happening. It creates an issue because some of the "bosses" think they missed important emails when in fact they did already get it. Thanks! as a best practice, make a clean shutdown of exchange before restarting the server. dism...

Excel Tool Bar Gone
My "alpha" excel tool bar is gone (e.g., File, Edit, Data, Help). The object tool bars are still there, but I can't figure out how the "alpha" tool bar left or, more importantly, how to get it back. Any ideas? Right click on a toolbar, and choose Customize from the pop up menu. In the dialog that displays, ensure that "Worksheet Menu Bar" is checked. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "txhokie1" <txhokie1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14EE5353-8723-...

Intro Line when emailing publisher document
Hopefully I can make my question clear. I am wanting to take a pub doc. and send via email as part of the document, not as an attachment. I have no problem doing that. My question comes in when the email screen comes up. To, From, CC, or BCC. In the Pub 2002 version also listed is an Introduction Line where I am able to type text/paragraph that gets sent along with the email. My question is, my office mate for whatever reason has Publisher 2003. She does not have the Intro line included. How do we get the option to appear on her version. Hope my question is clear. -- Thank you...

Help understanding the functionality of the 'My Work' queue
Morning all, I am after an explanation of how the 'My Work' queue should behave. I have read through the Implementation Guide and looked at various sources on the internet but can only find information on setting up a new queue. We are using MS CRM 3.0 and have been passed a request to get users to check/use the My Work queue. The problem is we have had no real training on this side of CRM and dont really know if its functioning correctly in the first place. What are the critirea that an Email activity has to meet to end up in the users My work queue? Should it only e...

vanishing outlook folder and its files and emails
I had an Outlook 2002 folder with several files in it disappear. The folder, files and all the emails in the files vanished. When it happened, I believe I was clicking on the folder to collapse the files. I know I did not accidentally delete that folder and its files and emails because when deleting, one gets a message asking if you are sure you want to delete the folder and all its files. I did not get such a message, which would have notified me of an accidental delete. I checked all other folders, thinking I may have accidently moved the folder, but that wasn't the case e...

Email #38
I have 2 different email accounts on my computer. One is for myself and the other is for my office staff. be advised that we are using the same computer. Is there any way for me to change a setting that will not open my personal email when my office staff logs into Outlook? Cary <park8667@ritternet.com> wrote: > I have 2 different email accounts on my computer. One is > for myself and the other is for my office staff. be > advised that we are using the same computer. Is there any > way for me to change a setting that will not open my > personal email when my offic...

Where are the tools?
I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration Tools. I all the CD's for Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition and can't seem to find the admin tools on any CD. Can anyone point me to the right location? to install the ESM, you run setup from the CD, and select to install only the ESM... "JohnD" <JohnD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B68254B5-73EB-40D2-AF2F-43A8ECACE72E@microsoft.com... > I am sorry to be so stupid but I can't find the Exchange Administration > Tools. I all the CD's for Win...

Separate inboxes for separate e-mail accounts
I have a new e-mail account that is receiving spam +++. I want to have a separate inbox for that e-mail account so I don't have to see all this spam and edit it before I can get to my new e-mails on my other accounts. Can separate inboxes be configured for each account - how do you do this. How does one write generic spam filters on Outlook (I know how to do this on Eudora). Adam >-----Original Message----- >I have a new e-mail account that is receiving spam +++. I >want to have a separate inbox for that e-mail account so I >don't have to see all this spam...

Help
I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing my server. All I want to do is be able to find out how much storage is allocated for each user and how to change it. Why is that so goddam impossible? On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 13:50:07 -0800, Old Fart <OldFart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I just need an administration tool for Exchange on Server 2003. The help on >the server is wrong, and the downloads have all kinds of crap for analyzing >my server. All I ...

Updated Calendar Tool (No Macros)
Hi Group, This yearly calendar tool allows users to choose years from 1900 to 2400. Pretty challenging task to do this using spreadsheet programming rather than macro programming. http://www.techronology.com/index.php?pageID=004002&prodID=tool001 Thanks, Alex ...

cannot send direct email
Hi, Another question - when sending a direct email to a group of contacts using an email template, I choose send and nothing happens. No emails go out and nothing is stored in history. There is no error message. Any help? Can you find out whether the CrmBulkMailService is running on the server. To find out click on Start->Administrative tools->Services. In the services snapin find out whether CrmBulkMailService is started. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use. © 2006 Microsoft Corporation...

Filtering out junk mail in Outlook 2003
I want to make outlook more discriminating in terms of filtering out junk emails. Under Actions->Junk Emails, I can set the filter from low to high, but how do you do this without having some good emails go into the junk email folder and losing them? Thanks, Scott In news:1160790087.918732.125150@f16g2000cwb.googlegroups.com, Uncle Scotty <scottspiegler@gmail.com> typed: > I want to make outlook more discriminating in terms of filtering out > junk emails. Under Actions->Junk Emails, I can set the filter from low > to high, but how do you do this without having some goo...

Marker option for Excel XY charts
I find the choices of marker options for plotting XY-Scatter plots is quite limited to just 9 characters (like box, triangle, star, +, - etc.,). Is there a way to utilize Wingdings for more choices? If so, how to do it? I just learnt how to add 'clip arts' as a marker but I'm more interested in Wingdings characters that are plenty and a 'font' (not a clip art). Hi N.Kannan, Turn off the gridlines (View Gridlines) Type a character in a cell Format to Wingdings font Change the cell width to about the width of the one character Copy Paste as Picture (Home, Pa...

Hyperlinks in email no longer work...
I have previously just clicked on a hyperlink in an email (Outlook 2000), and my browser opens automatically, and I'm there.... Last week (and I don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but being Microsoft, anything is possible...), I installed Internet Explorer (the new beta version from the MS web site). Now hyperlinks don't work. Instead, a folder opens as below.... C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MAPI\1033\nt I was using Firefox, and I don't want to stop using Firefox, but wanted to see how IE was shaping up. Is this some childish stunt by MS to ...

Put "forward copy of email" to hotmail/yahoo for exch users
Hi, We have Exchange 5.5 server. Where in Exchange administrator --> can I find under user properties --> mailbox settings, option to 'Forward a COPY of the email' (NOT forward the entire email)? I need to put a forwarding for few users to their external email ids (yahoo/hotmail etc.) not other exchange email id. Akash Abhardwaj@in.safenet-inc.com On the properties of the user there is a delivery options tab (from memory) and you want to choose the alternative recipient option AND check the box that indicates that both will receive a copy of every message. The alterna...

when using the 'contact us' on a web the email reply STAYS in outp
and will NOT always send when opened and hitting the 'send' almost always have to manually go into the emaIL, in the 'send' que and hit the 'send' but this seldome works---usually have ro copy the email body and the url and go into 1 of my emails and send it 'native' a real PIA! and enough to get me to remove the app(if it aint useFULL, its useLESS!) 1-why is it NOT always auto sending (have it set to 1min delay) 2-why must I manually kick it out of the send que I'm NOT a 'power' user---I dable with outlook( and mostly do emails, ...

Outlook 2000 Customize Option
Hi I have discovered a minor irritation with the Customize function on the Outlook Today page. The button to invoke the function will not work leaving me unable to change the way I wish to view the page. This is a home installation which has no customized unsupported updates applied. It is some months since I last needed to modify this view when it was working. In between time I have had occasion to reinstall the application and in all other respects it functions properly. After reinstallation my folder list and view remained the same as before. Has someone any advice as to how ...

Unsend an email that was sent
Is there any way to unsend an email once it was sent? Greg Sent the WAY WRONG email to his boss who is on Vacation There's Message Recall if you use Exchange Server, but note it rarely rarely rarely works even then, so the honest answer is, no, unfortunately. Greg wrote: > Is there any way to unsend an email once it was sent? > > Greg > Sent the WAY WRONG email to his boss who is on Vacation Sure... Open the message that the user already sent in his/her sent items, then on the menue, click 'Action' and then click 'Recall this message...' You will see a...

Administrative Tools
Windows XP SP3 machine. When logged in to a Windows Domain network with Power User privileges, all entries (shortcuts) in the Administrative Tools menu (Control Panel/Performance and Maintenance/Administrative Tools) do not work. Right clicking any entry and selecting Properties only shows General and Shortcut tabs. The Security tab is missing. The shortcut tab indicates the shortcut is invalid. When logged in as the local computer administrator, all Administrative Tools menu entries work properly. On other equally configured computers on the network and logged in as a network use...

OWA and Change Password Option #2
I have 2 mailbox stores on the same server. All mailboxes/users on the default mailbox store are able to see the change password option via owa. Users/mailboxes that reside in the 2nd store (on the same exchange server) are unable to see the password change option. Any advice would be great! Thanks in advance, Shane ...

How do I get rid of the box showing 'fill down' options after I f.
How do I get rid of the box showing 'fill down' options after I fill down....and I mean permanently...so I never have to see it again? On the Tools menu, click Options. On the Edit tab, clear the Show Paste Options buttons check box to never again see the Show Paste Options button on the worksheet. (Unless you go back and check it again, of course!) "Lexcellulose" wrote: > How do I get rid of the box showing 'fill down' options after I fill > down....and I mean permanently...so I never have to see it again? Thank You BoniM...it worked!! "BoniM&...

How to Remove the E-mail Accounts Option from the Tools Menu in Outlook 2002
The following Knowledge base describe how to remove the account option from the tools men in OUTLOOK EXPRESS. Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 242165 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;242165 I would like to do the same thing but in outlook 2002. basicaly, I want to set up pop e-mail accounts on client machines and disable any configueration changes by the user. thanks Use Windows Policies or use a custom installation of Outlook and select what options are available to end-users. Or, simply prevent the users from adding an Internet Account by disabling that opti...

Windows Mail
When I attempt to e-mail someone on Crais List. Iget thhis message. "Windos Mail could not be started. The application was unable to open windows mail message store. Your windows mailbox data is currently being used by another program, such as a virus scanner. Close program or wait for it to complete it's operation, then open windows again.(0x800C0155) This is followed by the following message. "Windos Mail could not be started because MSOE.dll could not be initialized." I currently use Norton ASecurity Suite provided by Comcast. Any insight would be greatly...