Timeline for Journal entries?

Can one display the journal entry also in a timeline format (similar to
the Calendar's timeline format)?
Ideally I would even love to the see the two combined. Is that possible?

This is in Outlook 2002/XP.

Michael

in the journal folder? Yes, there should be a timeline view for the journal
folder.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

** Please include your Outlook version, Account type, and Windows Version
when requesting assistance **

"Michael Moser" <michael-nospam.moser@nospam.freesurf.ch> wrote in message
> Can one display the journal entry also in a timeline format (similar to
> the Calendar's timeline format)?
> Ideally I would even love to the see the two combined. Is that possible?
>
> This is in Outlook 2002/XP.
>
> Michael

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/14/2008 3:34:51 AM
Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> in the journal folder? Yes, there should be a timeline view for the
> journal folder.

I am also pretty sure, that there was/is a timeline view for Journal entries
(I haven't used it for a while, though) but my Views-menu nor the "customize
view" doesn't offer any such option...

Any ideas, where this might hide?

Michael

0
sorry3182 (2)
3/17/2008 4:36:24 PM
its the default view for journal. Did you try resetting the views? Open
outlook using the /cleanviews switch.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Michael Moser" <sorry@too.much.spam.com> wrote in message
> Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
>> in the journal folder? Yes, there should be a timeline view for the
>> journal folder.
>
> I am also pretty sure, that there was/is a timeline view for Journal
> entries (I haven't used it for a while, though) but my Views-menu nor the
> "customize view" doesn't offer any such option...
>
> Any ideas, where this might hide?
>
> Michael

0
outlookmvp (5838)
3/17/2008 5:35:20 PM
Michael Moser <sorry@too.much.spam.com> wrote:

> I am also pretty sure, that there was/is a timeline view for Journal
> entries (I haven't used it for a while, though) but my Views-menu nor
> the "customize view" doesn't offer any such option...

The "By Type" view is a timeline view.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Diane Poremsky [MVP] wrote:
> its the default view for journal. Did you try resetting the views?
> Open outlook using the /cleanviews switch.
> http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm

0
sorry3182 (2)

CRM Address Book Entries in 4.0 Outlook Client are Empty
Hello, we uses CRM 3.0 and now we like to migrate to CRM 4.0. So, we installed CRM 4.0 on a seperate server in order to test the system. On one client we deinstalled CRM 3.0 Client for MS Outlook and installed CRM 4.0 Client. Everything works fine, but, wehen we like to compose a new e-mail, the CRM adress book is empty. Only the "CRM-Benutzer" (I accept "CRM User" in EN version) shows entries. The diagnose fuinkction tells me, that everything is fine. I searched in the web for more information. Other useres have the same problem. But I do not found a solution. Fo...

Order Entry -> Allocation -> Fulfillment -> Invoicing
I'm a little confused, I hope that I can get some guidance. We're using an old method of order management that, I'm sure, isn't fully using the capabilities of the GP system, and I'd very much like to reduce our administrative costs in manual intervention. The overview: 1. Sales enters the order. 2. The order is automatically Allocated. 3. Sales sends/prints the picking slip to/in the warehouse. 4. Shipping picks and packs the order**, and handwrites any notes on the picking slips. 5. Shipping delivers the picking slip copies to the accounts receivable depa...

journal start date timeline
I am new to using Outlook and see the potential value in using the Journal. However, having turned it on, I cannot find a way for it to make an historical entry of mail that has come in and out which can be viewed on the timeline. Surely this is possible to do, but how? I have found the option of clicking on Contacts and then going to the Activities tab but it would be a wonderful tool to have old info on the timeline. Does anyone know if this option on the timeline exists? Not possible. Journaling can take place only on newly received items.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author...

Using Modifier to add Customer Note to Contract Entry form.
Is it possible to add the customer note link to the Contract Entry/Update form? Is there a tk on how to link a note field on a form? Thanks, DavidF With Modifier I don't see this as possible to use the note like GP uses the notes in the other windows (with the icons, opening the note window, etc). If you didn't care about that so much and just wanted to see the text, you could add a text field on the window with modifier. And then use ADO to go get the note and display it on the window. And of course if you wanted to update the note from the window you'd have to write the ...

user creation wizard -- duplicate entries
Hi, Has anyone else seen this before? For each AD user I have, they show up in the list of available users in the User Manager Wizard twice. Every one of them? I never seen this on any other installs I did, but I am seeing it now. Thanks, Rick. Did you do an upgrade from NT to Active Directory? I seem to recall that the update process creates duplicate domain logins that need to be cleaned up manually after the upgrade. "Rick Delorme" <rick@prairiefyre.com> wrote in message news:eNDpaaeVDHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hi, Has anyone else seen this before? For each AD u...

entry in CHART
I have a chart that I have created based on a query. I would like to be have the person who is producing the chart to be prompted to enter a name and a date to appear on the chart when it prints out. I would like them to be able to enter their name and a date. Can this be done on a chart? Control source for the chart = a parameter query -- Jeff C Live Well .. Be Happy In All You Do "Steve Y" wrote: > I have a chart that I have created based on a query. I would like to be have > the person who is producing the chart to be prompted to enter a name and a > date to...

timeline
how can i draw a monthly timeline in excel to visually tell the recipient where are we now If I understand the question: In A1 enter the formula =DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),MONTH(TODAY()),1) In 2 enter =A1+1 Copy A2 down to A31 Select A1:A31; use Format | Conditional Formatting with Formula Is =A1=TODAY() and set a background colour. Now the cell with today's date is highlighted If you wish, add another conditional format with Formula Is =MONTH(A1)<>MONTH(TODAY()) and with the format dialog make the font the came colour as the cell background. Now days that are actually part of next mon...

Outlook Journal archiving
I am not a real Outlook expert however I do keep journal comments on my contacts as I speak with them. I have been doing this for several years and at some I beleive an auto archive occurred. As such there are journal entries I can no longer find either by seaching within the archive section or current section of my outlook journal in the folder list. In addition searching for activities within my contacts do not show all of the journal entries I have made. Do these somehow get purged by the system? Does archiving do something to these that I am not aware of? I would like to be able to v...

Posting Quick Journals
We are experiencing problems posting Quick Journal entries. Our most recent attempt in posting a Quick Journal entry (six line items) took over 40 mins. What I am looking for are some suggestion as to where to look or rather start my search in resolving the problem. We are curently running Gp 8 SP4 and our db Server is SQL 2005 SP2 and our company db is 45GBs. Ingram, The problem may not rely on what you are running, but where you are running it. Have you compared your hardware specs with the Systems Requirements guideline for an environment and company of your size to those of GP? ...

Shipment entry in PDA
Hello, Is there any 3rd party add on for shipment entry on PDA? Regards, Manick Manick, We are using Symbol MC50s to do this. We also use InfoPath and eConnect (technically we use exERPts from ePartners). The MC50s have scanning capability. Email me if you would like some contact information. Mike "manick" wrote: > Hello, > > Is there any 3rd party add on for shipment entry on PDA? > > Regards, > Manick Thanks Mike. Please forward the details to my email address- manick.m@hotmail.com "MikeWal" wrote: > Manick, > > We are using Sy...

making journal track EVERYTHING?
can someone advise me how to make the journal in outlook 2003 track everything, ie each email sent to anyone? many thanks!!! peter Have you tried F1 Help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, spam@redo.net asked: | can someone advise me how to make the journal in outlook 2003 track | everything, ie each email sent to anyone? | | many thanks!!! | | peter ...

How do I fix Text entries in Excel that get cut off?
When creating notes for my first year law studies, I have come to make simple spreadsheets in Excel in which I enter my brief notes about the cases. I have the cell format set to "general", with the wrap text feature checked, but Excel seems to "hide" half of the text. It will show the first part, but not the other half in the cell. It is there if I select the cell, but does not appear in the print preview. How can I fix this problem? "JLaw" wrote: > When creating notes for my first year law studies, I have come to make simple > spreadsheets in Exc...

IM with eConnect Receivings Trans Entry adapter
I'm trying to use the eConnect Receivings Transaction Entry adapater to create shipment/invoice transactions but am getting an error "taPopRcptHdrInsertPost has too many arguments specified". Has anyone seen this before? How can I be passing too many arguments through integration manager? Using GP10. Thanks. ...

Allow source document drill down from unposted GL journal entry
When Journal Entries are posted to the GL (instead of through), it is sometimes necessary to drill down to the source document so that errors can be corrected before the journal entry is posted. GP does not allow you to drill down until the JE is posted. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Need help for multiple entries
Hi I want to be able to put say the letter A in column A-1 but want a formula that wil also put the same letter A in like 6 more times for instance B-2, C-3, D-4, E-5,F-6,G-7. All with just the one entry in A-1. Thanks Karl Karl Put this formula in all the cells you want to match your input cell. In this case A1. =A1 Now when you enter anything into A1 it will show up in all cells that have your formula Mike Rogers "Karl" wrote: > Hi I want to be able to put say the letter A in column A-1 but want a formula > that wil also put the same letter A in...

Outlook - Journal
Can any one tell me how to configure the journal to record previous activities for a particular contact. Thanks, Jeff it can't go back and create the entries - you'll need to create each event. Would the activities tab on he contact's form do what you need? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microso...

data entry = yes => blanc form
Hi! Got following problem: I have a form to insert data. (= creates new records) I have another form to search existing records. When a record is found, I select and open it to edit it. On that form there is the option "Data Entry". If it is set to no, I can see the form layout and contents, but I cannot edit it. If it is set to yes, nothing appear. I just get a blanc form. Any idea what could be happening? Thanks! Nic It's set to yes. Thx anyway ;-) "Chris Reveille" <ChrisReveille@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50B8F49F-7AD1-44CD-A2D4...

Timeline
Hi all, I need a control for a timeline. Is there anything I could use or could you give me a description to do this by myself?! Regards, Matthias didnt get your description properly, but if i have understood you correctly, you can probably try your hands on scroll bar, with the min value set to the start year, and the max value set to the end year. get back, if you have to add anything to your description "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1129190563.819766.167220@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I need a control for a t...

Daily Journal or Datebook
Hello, Is it possible to create a one-page-per-day dated Journal in Publisher? The template I had created looks good, but I need to increment the date to cover all of the days of the year. And once I accomplish this, I would like to be able to format the result (for example, Thursday 05 November). I have some database experience, but I have not been able to use those skills in Publisher. I am new to this product, so I am sure it is an easy step I am overlooking, or I am seeking help with the wrong keywords. Any help would be valuable. Thank you. Can you not make the Thursday 05 ...

In-Transit Transfer Entry
When I am logged in as a Poweruser and can see Transactions - Inventory - In-Transit Transfer Entry, however when I log in as any othere user I can not see this. Does any one know which securtiy task I need to add to my non powerusers so they can use this feature? Thanks in advance for any assistants. Rick Support debugger says it's TRX_FSS_CL01* the CA Agent roles and CL Dispather Roles have access. "Rick" wrote: > When I am logged in as a Poweruser and can see Transactions - Inventory - > In-Transit Transfer Entry, however when I log in as any...

visio timeline by quarters
how oto create a timeline by quarters not months Hi, You have to do the following: rightclick timeline choose 'configure timeline' choose the 'time period' tab in the dropdown list of time scale in the scale section choose 'quarters' you can also set the time scale when you drop the timeline onto the page Ren� "Marcia 313" <Marcia313@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B28131F-FDE9-4A61-B888-F811E3FFBB09@microsoft.com... > how oto create a timeline by quarters not months ...

Can't synchronize within a Timeline diagram
Hello I am new to Visio and am trying to construct a timeline showing a critical path that is constantly changing. I am using Visio Professional 2003, product id 72085 640 0572601 55992 and am having real trouble synchronizing milestones and intervals so that each time I change a date, it amends the subsequent dates. Each time I try to synchronize (right click on mouse whilst hightlighting interval/ milestone) a pop-up appears saying 'There are no miles on the page with which to synchronize' when clearly there are several before. I keep thinking it must be a glitch or...

timeline
Does anybody know how to make a timeline in Excel? Something where I can just type in a date and it's plotted along a timeline at the right interval? So if I change my date from 6/1/4 to 7/1/4 the text for that date will move to the correct position on the line? There are several free templates out there you could use. Here are some: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/links/xllinks3.htm (see GantTool) http://www.tushar-mehta.com (see Gantt (Project) chart) http://www.xl-logic.com/xl_files/charts/chart_gantt.zip http://www.bygsoftware.com/examples/examples.htm#Project Planning HTH Jason A...

Business Portal and Time Sheet Entry
We have implemented Project Accouting, Time Entry and PDK and have the time entry working well in this configuration. We are now working on getting the Project Time entry to work in BP3 with GP9. Issue is that when a user that can enter time in PDK logs into BP3, goes to Time Entry we can not get the Projects to move from Available to Assigned - upper Right to Upper Left and therefore there are no cost categories to enter time against and the window simply fails to populate. Any suggestions? ...

missing entries
I sometimes make an entry to the address book, save it, and then search for it only to find that it is not there. When I re-enter the entry and save it I get the message that it is already a part of the address book and pulls up the entry asking me if I want to update that record. I do just that, but when I try to access the record again it does not find it. You never use the address book view to create entries. It contains no data. Use your Contacts Folder. -- Russ Valentine "Missing Outlook Entries" <Missing Outlook Entries@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...