Time zone

When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed
the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct
U.S. time zone.  After doing this, all of the items
inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar
are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of
the appointment.  The option to display clocks is turned
off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I
prevent it from happening.  Right now, I've had to put
back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not
telling the right time.  Is there any other solution?
Thanks!  ddlaz

0
anonymous (74717)

No real solution, just a workaround...see
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290835&Product=ol2002

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:0eda01c3fb35$072ec550$a101280a@phx.gbl,
ddlaz wrote:

> When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed
> the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct
> U.S. time zone.  After doing this, all of the items
> inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar
> are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of
> the appointment.  The option to display clocks is turned
> off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I
> prevent it from happening.  Right now, I've had to put
> back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not
> telling the right time.  Is there any other solution?
> Thanks!  ddlaz

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Transferring freight more than one time on a sales order
We frequently have partial shipments of sales orders and we leave the sales order open until everything has shipped instead of creating backorders. The system will allow you to have several tracking numbers for each order but you can only transfer the freight once. I would like to make the suggestion to be able to transfer freight more than one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Incorrect Time Stamps
Exchange seems to be stamping the wrong time on emails and events sporadically. All the times on servers are correct. Any thoughts? -- Craig Tuttle - Level I Exchange Tech UCNSB.org The time stamp can also be handled by the client. Which exact time field is being stamped wrong? Have you verified that the client has the correct time (i.e. Daylight savings time set correctly)? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Craig Tuttle" <CraigTuttle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02D51926-77DC-43EB-A5B5-7A00F4530323@microsoft.com... > Exchange seems to b...

How chart time scale x-axis with another date serie
Hello all. I have this problem, I will need to create this chart that I don't know how to. Serie 1 is below which needs to be time scaled Date Count 1/1/2006 12 1/2/2006 3 1/3/2006 5 2/1/2006 18 2/3/2006 4 2/18/2006 9 4/1/2006 18 7/4/2006 38 Serie 2 - needs to plot the three dates in serie 1's time scaled X-Axis with symbols. 1/31/2006 2/18/2006 4/2/2006 I will look something like you have a line of count on a time-scaled chart, with 3 dates point in the x-axis. Please ...

Activity default due time
I need to stop the default coming up as 12:00am and set it to something like 9am so people get reminders at reasonable times. How can this be done? thanks Adrian Adrian, If you don't mind writing a few lines of code, look at "Setting a default time in a date field" in Client Side Scripting - More JavaScript Code - Part 3 (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS12). -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The ...

Time / Negative Time
Hi, If, for instance, in Excel you write 17:00 - 16:30, it will produc 0:30. However, 16:30 - 17:00 will produce #####, understandibly because you cannot have - ? o'clock. By formatting this to a number can produce -0.5. What if I still want to represent the decimal, but out of 60, so that can still get -0.30. I have tried messing about with fractions and still can't get it. Any ideas? Thanks, -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:33:58 -0500, Kiaat <<Kiaat.167uek@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: >Hi, > >If, for insta...

How Can I Know last time was activity on a database
I'm doing a process that uses databases from sys.databases. I would like to know when is the last time happened some activity there. (insert, update) I've tryed to look at sys.tables but only shows me last structural change on it. Not last time data has changed. How this can be done? Carles Oriol SQL Server doesn't store this information (imagine the overhead for all those who doesn't need it). You can for instance use a trigger to keep track of that information. -- Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp http://sq...

calculate time and date
I want to find out how many houer iy is between one date/time and another date/time. date and time one cell A1= 04.03.2005 08:30 date/time two cell A2= 05.03.2005 23:59 =A2-A1 custom format [hh:mm] or for Norway [tt:mm] -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "make" <lage@tiscali.no> wrote in message news:2c61523.0503070721.2dacdd07@posting.google.com... > I want to find out how many houer iy is between one date/time and > another date/time. date and time one cell A1= 04.03.2005 08:30 > date/time two cell A2= 05.03.2005 23...

Time segments in OWA
I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb controls. I'm close but can't find the time array expression tha generates the 30 minute increments. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Brian Techhead <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new > appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't > seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb c...

How to Calulculate Hrs and Mins between time frames
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0293_01C68406.3D280160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable If i have 2 cells with time values say: A1=3D7:30AM and B1=3D3:30PM. 7:30AM - 3:30PM set to NORMAL Hours 3:30PM - 6:30PM set to TIME & HALF Hours Any time after 6:30PM - 7:29AM to be DOUBLE TIME hours Then if i set 4 other cells for data input: A2=3D( DATE 1) 29/5/2009 Start date. B2=3D(Date 2) 29/5/2006 = Finish date. A3=3D(Time) 7:30AM Start Time. B2=3D (Time) 7:00PM =...

Search for documents by time modified
I need to narrow a search for documents by author, a range of time (say from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m.), and a range of years (say from 1998 to 2004). They would need to include Word Perfect and Word documents. Thanks for any help. Version of Windows? Use Advanced Search. But if you're using Word2007 in Windows XP, you might not have much of a search function (it pretty much got moved from Office to Windows with the new versions). On Feb 19, 9:01=A0pm, D. Ring <D. Ring @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to narrow a search for documents by author, a range ...

Time, time, time, always an issue
Here’s my problem: I have a date/time field recording the date/time when pt arrives at our hospital. My final output needs to include 2 new fields: - day of week pt arrived: Sun, Mon, Tues, etc (this I can do) - time pt arrived, renamed as: Regular (6am – 5:59 pm) and Evening (6pm - 5: 59 am) This one I have no idea!! Any Suggestions? Thanks. Phredd wrote: >I have a date/time field recording the date/time when pt arrives at our >hospital. >My final output needs to include 2 new fields: >- day of week pt arrived: Sun, Mon, Tues, etc (this I can do) >- time pt arrived, re...

Calculating the Time In A Time Zone
I have a database where every record in a certain table is assigned to a Time Zone, mostly in North America, but also around the world. What I would like to do is to have a field on a form that takes the current system time, and calcuates the time at that location, so I can see it without some sort of mental gymnastics. For example, I am in the Eastern Time Zone, and the system time on my system says so. I know that anything in the Central Time Zone is one hour behind. If I know that, how do I calculate that the current time in Chicago is 1722, when the current system time ...

installing WLM second time
I had uninstalled my WLM because there were some issues with it (not all the e-mails were coming through) and then tried to install again - but got message that I have the copy of it already. I cannot find that copy anywhere on my computer and cannot download it either. Fortunately, I managed to install it on toolbar and that's how I can access it now - but how can I find it on my computer (advanced search turned the WML folder only) or add to my programs? Anyone knows what's going on? In Control Pane for Programs to uninstall it will be listed under Windows Live Essen...

when recieving email the time is off how do i reset time
How do i reset my time on my microsoft outlook email the time is right on my computer but my email time is off On Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:56:03 -0800, Lori Bucknell wrote: > How do i reset my time on my microsoft outlook email the time is right on my > computer but my email time is off You have posted this message to the wrong newsgroup. The access in this groups name refers to Microsoft Access, a database program. Please repost to the correct newsgroup for whatever program you are using. I would suggest you include your Windows and Office version number in the message. -- Fred Please r...

When searching this type of folder, you can't search other folders at the same time
Hi, I have a user that is trying to use Advanced Find to search another users mail box for and e-mail in Outlook 2000 Sp3. When the user selects the browse button to select more than one directory to search, the following error message appears "When searching this type of folder, you can't search other folders at the same time". Also, if a top directory is selected, Advanced Find does not do a recursive search, but only searches the selected directory. The user has the owner role assigned to the folders in question, so I don't think that's it to do with permissions....

program loading time
The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it still loads slow. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, oltexasboy wrote: >The money 05 loads very slow, I have archived everthing past 90 days but it >still loads slow. Any suggestions? Restore the archive as your main file, if you have not gone too far with it since the archive. Archiving did not help your speed appreciably, and you might want to refer to that older data. Consider reducing scheduled bills. Remove accounts from the budget if you think that would be appropriate. Set your start page t...