Time received on Outlook 2003 different than system time.

I completed DST updates on all of our computers and used the
tzmove.exe to update the calendar for Outlook 2003. The problem now is
when I receive new email, the time is about 5 hrs behind the real time
in the inbox. But when I double click to open the email, the time on
the message is correct. I checked all time zone settings, DST
settings, and calendar options. Im stuck for ideas......any
suggestions?? Thanks

0
jpdeej (2)

Check the time zone setting on the Exchange server.

- RAM

0
rmilbrand (41)
3/12/2007 7:52:47 PM
On Mar 12, 2:52 pm, "RAM" <rmilbr...@gfnet.com> wrote:
> Check the time zone setting on the Exchange server.
>
> - RAM

Sorry bout that, Im running an IMAP server not an Exchange server.
Probably check the IMAP server huh? Thanks.

0
jpdeej (2)
3/12/2007 7:59:07 PM
Check the time zone setting on the Exchange server.

- RAM

0
rmilbrand (41)

Time zone
When I noticed the clock on my pc was wrong, I changed the time zone from Pacific to Eastern which is my correct U.S. time zone. After doing this, all of the items inserted as "all day" appointments in my monthly calendar are displayed with an image of a clock on either side of the appointment. The option to display clocks is turned off in the settings. Why is this happening and how can I prevent it from happening. Right now, I've had to put back the Pacific time zone and adjust to the pc not telling the right time. Is there any other solution? Thanks! ddlaz No ...

Received but how?!?
Hello people... Having a funny issue here.. A staff member received an email that was sent to an email address that is no longer valid. Example.. - jdoe@abc.com just received an email that was SENT TO jack@abc.com - jack@abc.com no longer exists and is NOT forwarding to jdoe@abc.com Anyone know how this can be fixed? THX! We are running Exchange 2003 SP1. THX!! They could have been BCC'd on the message. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Daniel" <dp_again@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:56c801c48144$82584a4...

Send/Receive continues 1000s of times
When Outlook does its regular send/receive it ends up sending and receiving thousands of times. The task pane shows an ever increasing number of tasks that it says have been completed successfully. When all it actually is doing is rechecking the mail accounts I have, over and over again. Literally thousands of times. This interferes with anything that I want to do in Outlook while this is going on. It seems to have started after I downloaded either the latest version of itunes or the latest version of Adobe (or some other application like that). Help! And thanks. Per Roady - MVP, th...

One time code
In either an SDI or MDI application, if I want to include some functionality ( such as serial port configuration and control thread) that can only be run once per application instance, where should that code go? I looked at the App class but it doesn't handle user messages ( at least by default ). Should the main code and worker thread go in the MainFrm class in the OnCreate function? Help? Ron H. ----------------- www.Newsgroup-Binaries.com - *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road ----------------- If it has to do with the "wi...

cpu time
Hi, Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in my application take the most cpu time? Thanks! In article <u$YZa3o9EHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, dbg@012.net.il says... > Hi, > Can you tell me about good tool for vs-6 that can tell me what functions in > my application take the most cpu time? VS 6 includes a perfectly good profiler, which does exactly this. If you're working inside the environment, go to the link tab in the project settings, and click the "enable profiling" check box, then do a 'rebuild all' to gene...

Have to set up exchange account details in outlook for new users manually
Hello, I'm quite new to AD + Exchange so please forgive any stupid questions. When I create a new user in AD I am able to create a mailbox in exchange for the user at the same time. However, I then have to log on as the user, and am prompted to configure the email account details in Outlook. Is there a way (and I'm sure there is) the Outlook details can be completed automatically please? Am using Windows Server + Exchange 2003. Clients connect via Citrix. Thanks Ricki On 10 Mar 2007 10:04:51 -0800, "Coopa" <ricki.cooper@gmail.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I'...

Outlook #56
For any new outgoing mail, the toolbars for font type, font size, font color, bold, italic, underline, etc. are there with nothing in them or not able to change anything. When replying to mail there are all there and work fine. What to do? Try going to TOOLS, Options, then Mail Format Tab. Make sure the first box is set to Rich Text or HTML. It is probably set to Plain text. >-----Original Message----- >For any new outgoing mail, the toolbars for font type, >font size, font color, bold, italic, underline, etc. are >there with nothing in them or not able to change >...

Outlook Reminders in Windows 7
Has anyone found a work-around that can make Calendar reminders come to the top when running on Windows 7. I am running Office 2007, and since switching to Windows 7, I find the reminders virtually useless. The reminder window is always buried. -- Dan Voss AFAIk, there isn't a setting to force it on top. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

New User Accounts cannot access OWA 2003
..Running Windows 2003 AD with Exchange 2003 Ent BE/Exhange 2003 Std FE. It would appear that any new user accounts that I have created are not able to access Webmail. I have tried accessing their mailbox via Outlook 2003 first - then OWA with no success. I have tried sending a test message to their mailbox - No success. I have tried sending them a meeting request to initialize their FREE/BUSY - no success. All existing users are able to access OWA with no problems. However - this is affecting any new users I have created in AD. Any help ould be appreciated After reading another...

File attachments in Outlook..?
We have a customer that requires email data, a spreadsheet with pics, copied into the body of the message, not as an Excel attachment. When a user within our Exchange 2K3 Org emails like this to me, in HTML format, and I reply, in HTML format, she see's it as she sent it. When the same user emails the same email to my External acct(Comcast), I do a reply from the same Outlook client, she receives the email the same with the exception that the pics are now also in the Attachments bar in Outlook. Why is this and can I stop the pics from also going to the attachment bar. Thank...

Time Out a MsgBox
I have a file that runs a macro when it is open. This file may be opened manually or automatically by a macro from another file. If the file is opened manually I would like a MsgBox to prompt the user to end the macro before it gets into the body of the code. If the file is opened automatically I would like the MsgBox to automatically respond after a time delay to allow the macro to continue running the bulk of the code. Is there anyway to force a response to a MsgBox after a preset amount of time with no response from the user? Hi, How about this instead which closes...

Calculating time and pay in excel
Hi, i'm trying to make a spreadsheet that can calculate pay per minute depending on an average length of time worked. Its driving me crazy and any help would be greatly appreciated! Coloumn A is length of time, at the bottom is a total time, next to that is an average length of time worked and this is then multiplied by the amount appropriate for that average. What would be the best way to work all of this out accurately? Many thanks for any help you can give Mark -- wobbleman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wobbleman's Profile: http://www.e...

Setting Outlook Today as a default view in registry
I need to know what registry key I need to update and how to setup Outllok Today a a default view in Outlook 2003. THX. ...

Cannot receive emails
I have deleted and re-entered my account and still cannot receive, but I can send emails. -- Jena signing off Jena wrote: > I have deleted and re-entered my account and still cannot receive, but I can > send emails. Any error message? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

How do I use same date parameters for different queries and report
I'm having the same problem as Gavelle described below. That is: I've followed the advice and set up a form to have my queries and reports pick the dates from the form. But the queries/reports are still asking me to enter the beginning and ending date parameters for each query/report. Also, when i set up the form it runs the query correctly. But when i try to run the query (or report based off the query) I only get a general parameter box stating Enter Parameter Value "forms!FORMNAME!StartDate and another for the end date. Everything in my query criteria is typed correc...

cyclic redundancy error in outlook?
i had this error once before and had to revert back to a .pst file that was 2 years old (my bad for not backing up my data). well, a year later it has happened again. it is totalling screwing up my outlook. is there any way to repair/fix this file? what is causing this? we normally always leave our computer on. it is on 24 hours a day with outlook running. both times that this problem has happened is after we have shut down our computer before going away on vacation. the problem appeared both times right after we returned and booted up the computer. thoughts? What is the exa...

Internal recipient does not receive mail from one spesific user
Have anyone excperienced this problem: We have one user which is having problem sending mail to one recipient in the same exchange organisation. When this user sends mail to this recipient, the message is not received. When sending message the other way, everything is ok. Does anyone have tips to what we can try to solve this problem? Where should i try to look for problems? Message tracking in ESM. Figure out where the message ended up. Have you looked in the recipient's junk mail folder by any chance? Send an email with delivery receipt and see what the delivery receipt says... -...

outlook 2000
Any message in any Outlook folder dated prior to 10/25/03 can not be moved or deleted. Get a message which states that "errors have been detected... Quite all Outlook ... use the Inbox Repair Tool. I must assume this tool is SCANPST.EXE. When I use it, it finds no error. Anyone know of another Outlook Repair tool? Any other ideas? Thanks! J.F. W. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Any message in any Outlook folder dated prior to 10/25/03 > can not be moved or deleted. Get a message which states > that "errors have been detected... Quite all Outl...

Am I behind the times?
I have just installed Exchange sp2 on my SBS 2008 boxes and all went well. One weird thing at the end of one of the installs it said Web Apps (I think) couldn't restore default configuration, but everything seems to be working just fine. So then I went to look for updates and I see a few that I must have missed. I use WSUS on the network. One is Exchange SP2 update rollup 3. Go for it or no? Second, Windows Server 2008 SP2. Yikes, when did that come out for SBS? I wonder why it never popped up before since it looks like it's been out for quite some time. Nonetheless, s...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Start Time & End Time
I have a table of data for my Scheduled cutting list that is exported from another program into an Excel Spreadsheet and from this table I would like to be able to find the start and end time of the production runs automatically in a separate table. The table is set up like this Planned order Time Product Description Volume 12345 08:00:00 Product 1 3500 23435 11:32:00 Product 2 5680 14567 13:24:00 Product 3 10000 and so on. I can find the start time by us...

Outlook/Word Email Editor Reply error
When using Word as your email editor I receive a message stating "Title: Microsoft Office Outlook (Message: Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead) I was running a beta version of Office prior to this and that's the only thing i can recall. I have since then done a total uninstall of any office component and a full reinstall to see that the problem still exists. I've tried reregistering word with a winword /r. I've tried r...

Microsoft Outlook Express
I would like to know what I am doing wrong when I try and send music as a bacground sound. Under formatt and background you can add sound. When I do this it plays as background music on my email on my computer. When I send it to someone they don't hear the music. The same thing happens if the email with sound is sent to me. Then I don't hear the music. Also when I send the email I receive this message. ONe or more of the pictures un this message could not be found. When you send this message thes pictures will not be included. Are you sure you want to send this message? Yes or...

Transferring freight more than one time on a sales order
We frequently have partial shipments of sales orders and we leave the sales order open until everything has shipped instead of creating backorders. The system will allow you to have several tracking numbers for each order but you can only transfer the freight once. I would like to make the suggestion to be able to transfer freight more than one time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, ...

Outlook very slow receiving emails now.
Outlook 2003 has come to an almost standstill receiving emails. It used to take 30 to 60 seconds to receive 40 to 80 emails over four accounts. Now it is taking about 10 to 15 seconds per email. I am on cable and there does not seem to be any slow down with the network or internet in general. ...