Thrown out of Outlook when sending or reading messages

When user tries to send or read a message he is thrown out
of Outlook.  He gets an access violation error and the It
shuts the software down completly.
0
sgriffis (5)

Outlook 2000, Contact > Activities not found
When in a contact profile and selecting the activities tab the search does not find any activities (journal entries, email etc) even though they exist and can be found in the respective folders. The automatic feature is enabled and the contact is listed in the (say) journal entry box at the bottom left. I have downloaded the SR-1 update for Outlook 2000 and ran the detect and repair from my software disk. Still no activities are found for any contact. ...

Exception thrown in ME
I have made a custom control class, CFontSample, and registered it with the following code. It all woks fine on my main PC running XP, but when I check it on my laptop running ME, the exception is thrown with the 'Required resource was unavailable' message. Any ideas? Is there some file I need to copy over to the laptop? Greg Chapman BOOL CFontSample::RegisterWndClass() { WNDCLASS windowclass; HINSTANCE hInst = AfxGetInstanceHandle(); //Check whether the class is registerd already if (!(::GetClassInfo(hInst, FONT_SAMPLE, &windowclass))) { //If not then...

Custom data in Outlook
Hi, I wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction? At the moment I am using Outlook 2003 for all the usual stuff; contacts, email, tasks etc. But I would like to create folders of custom data, to be stored in my outlook pst file rather than creating separate databases in, say Access. This could vary from anything as simple as a folder containing all my web logins (3 text fields, txtWebAddress, txtUserName, txtPassword) with a simple listview, to more complex records requiring bespoke Forms for data entry. I am an Access developer so comfortable with VBA. I thought...

What happened to MS Exchange Conferencing in Outlook 2007
When setting up an online meeting in Outlook 2007, there is not Microsoft Exchange Conferencing option. This is available in Outlook 2003. ...

Outlook Web Access
Hello all, Outlook Web Access has been rolled out to my organization. It's particularly useful in areas where PCs are shared among numerous people and are logged onto the network with generic IDs. The problem I'm experiencing is that when an account is ready for a password change, there is no notification to the user before logging into Outlook Web Access. This is a problem because after three checks of their email, they can no longer get into their email. Now I'm not an Exchange server person, but I need to get some ideas to present to the Networking Staff. Does anyo...

cannot enter text in an Outlook message
The message pane has a small blinking dot in the middle. I cannot enter text. I hit a key or two by accident. How do I fix? ...

Outlook does not download emails??
Please help, my outlook will not download new emails since 9/25/04. Any ideas? Grace wrote: > Please help, my outlook will not download new emails > since 9/25/04. Any ideas? Not with so little detail. Always post your version & SP level (& mode, if applicable) of Outlook (found in help | about), what kind of mail account you use, and any error messages you see. Also, you might want to check your mail at your ISP's webmail site if they have one, or www.mail2web.com if they don't, to see what's in your mailbox. ...

Outlook 2007 not connecting
Hi all, I have exchange 2003 SP2 and am trying to connect outlook 2007 SP2 clients. When setting up the mail, I get to the point where it finds the users email address but fails to log on to the server. The following error is reported. The connection to Microsoft exchange is unavailable. OUtlook must be on line or connected to complete this action. Any Ideas please? -- Vince ...

can no longer access emails on outlook, only on outlook express
I just got this program, and was using outlook as defaut handler, but now I cannot access outlook, and the outlook express does not receive all the incoming emails, and I cannot access emails on outlook. Does anyone know what to do? You'll need to give us a lot more information in order for us to be able to help: Version/mode of Outlook (go to help about if you can open Outlook at all) Exact symptoms/error messages What you mean by "outlook express does not receive all the incoming mails" BB wrote: > I just got this program, and was using outlook as defaut > handler,...

Outlook XP Header is printed in big font
Hi, I'm using outlook XP, everytime I print the message, the header is always in much bigger font than body text. I don't know how that happens. Please help, Sarah Check your printer properties for how the header displays and adjust it accordingly. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I'm using outlook XP, everytime I print the message, the header is always in >much bigger font than body text. I don't know how that happens. > >Please help, >Sarah > > >. > ...

I imported messages from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002
I used the export option in Outlook Express to get my old messages/folders to OUtlook... However, I cannot delete any of the messages. It gives me a "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown error...if continues restart Outlook"... I have an I still can't get rid of them. MTB <MTB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I used the export option in Outlook Express to get my old > messages/folders to OUtlook... However, I cannot delete any of the > messages. It gives me a "Messaging Interface has returned an unknown > error...if continues restart Outloo...

Help Required

Outlook / Exchange out of office
I use outlook / exchange at work. I've just experienced, again, the irritating situation where I send an email to a colleague addressed via the corporate Global Address List only to have the out of office notification returned to me. I now have to go to my sent mail box, find the mail that I sent and resend it to the original addressee's boss for action. It would be most useful if one of the following could happen instead of the simple 'J Bloggs is out of the office until monday': a) when I enter the address in the To: line and hit Ctrl+K for name checking, if I could...

Unexpected exception is thrown while deleting an exception
Hi I am using TRY CATCH macros in my code. the general pattern looks like this: TRY { } CATCH (CDBException, e) { //here I am capturing error msg... e->Delete(); return; } The thing is that the program crashes with unhandled exception during an exception delete part. I can not determine if it is in the line e->Delete() or it happens when it exit from teh CATCH block, and there is an auto-delete exception proccess as i am using TRY CATCH macros. I have limitations to debug as this application lies on a customer server and we can't produce the failure (it happens from ...

outlook 2002 cannot delete email in inbox and drafts
Hi : I have a laptop with outlook 2002. I all of a sudden cannot delete inbox e mail or drafts. The error is "unable to delete e mail. The e mail has already been deleted or moved. or you may not have access" Any ideas would be appreciated. Alan Are you connected to an Exchange Server or using an IMAP mailbox? "al" <alanj9000@aol.com> wrote in message news:1127136163.510678.285310@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi : > I have a laptop with outlook 2002. I all of a sudden cannot delete > inbox e mail or drafts. > > The error is "unable to d...

Limiting ability to send to Distribution Lists #2
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Enterprise edition. I need to limit the ability of people to send to the distribution lists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance. jason.sevier@sxc.com (Jason S) wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Enterprise edition. I >need to limit the ability of people to send to the distribution lists. > Any help would be greatly appreciated. > >Thank you in advance. List the users or groups of users who can or cannot send to the group in the properties of the DG. See Exchange General > Message Rest...

trouble shoot outlook
My new Dell Laptop has Office 2003 Professional stios responding everytime I try to use the email part of the program. I can only use the program if I am offline. I also cannot sync it to my Treo phone any longer. Help! Chelen <Chelen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > My new Dell Laptop has Office 2003 Professional stios responding > everytime I try to use the email part of the program. I can only use > the program if I am offline. I also cannot sync it to my Treo phone > any longer. Help! Without more symptoms explicitly described, the best I can do is to sugges...

important outlook 2002 into Outlook 2003
I have two laptops and need to import the outlook 2002 messages into another laptop that has outlook 2003. How is this done? >I have two laptops and need to import the outlook 2002 >messages into another laptop that has outlook 2003. How >is this done? Copy the .pst file from OL 2002 to the laptop and open it with OL 2003. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. ...

Redirect messages in a queue?
I have a user whose mailbox is perilously in danger of needed to be deleted. Right now all the messages that have been sent to him for the past 24 hours are sitting in the queue, is there ANY way to redirect these messages to a different mailbox??? PLEASE tell me yes!! Exchange 2000 SP3. Thank you!! Doreen >-----Original Message----- >I have a user whose mailbox is perilously in danger of needed to be deleted. >Right now all the messages that have been sent to him for the past 24 hours >are sitting in the queue, is there ANY way to redirect these messages to a >differe...

Managed Client Updates warning (Message #9046 missing)
Hello all, I've started using Managed Client updates at customer sites and keep coming up with a small issue when using it. All I'm doing is publishing a CNK file to be installed on the client machines. After they choose their company, they are prompted to install the update, no problems there. After they select Yes, they get the error Message #9046 missing. After clicking OK and restarting Great Plains all is well. I've seen another post in this community where they had a similar issue but with a different Message #. The number was still below #22000 so it seems t...

Outlook
Can "Outlook" - "Notes" be used to transfer text to and from PDA's. Please advise. Thank you, Linda ...

Outlook 2007 Cascading Open Emails
In Outlook 2003 you were able to cascade open emails by right clicking on the outlook icon. In Outlook 2007 it doesn't appear to be possible. Please tell me how to cascade all open emails. ...

Outlook columns
I want to make three active columns per day in outlook to show room availibility. Is this possible rather than having to have three separate day views. -- busyone ...

Excel files are 'read only' when accessed over network.
How do I make them accessible please. Also I cannot get access to Windows folder via network. Ideally I would like to get access to everything over the network if I need to. I have ticked sharing and security boxes. Since these are network drives, you may want to have your IT folks look at it and see if you have access to the drives/folders you need. gracenote wrote: > > How do I make them accessible please. > > Also I cannot get access to Windows folder via network. Ideally I > would like to get access to everything over the network if I need to. > I have ticked sharing...

Outlook Process Not Ending
I installed a full retail version of 2003 after uninstalling my Pro 2000. I disliked 2003 and found it buggy so I uninstalled, manually deleted leftover folders in Docs & Settings and Program Files then reinstalled Pro 2000. I'm now finding that regardless of the Quit method for leaving Outlook the process stays running. I used to have this problem with using the X window so I'd do a File/Close. Now neither one works. I have to constantly do a Crtl+Alt+Del to end Outlook.exe from the processes. If I forget and reopen Outlook then I will end up with multiple OUTLOOK.EXE in my ...