This has EVERYTHING to do with the recent microsoft update

I installed the damn thing today and after system reboot my Outlook
2007 lost both the ability to connect to an Exchange server and send/
receive on POP accounts. This is outrageous!!!!!!!!!!
I installed 3 updates today:Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack
1 (KB110806); Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 Service Pack 1 (KB929300);
and finally the 2007 Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack 1 (SP1). Now
I may be wrong, but this SP1 is probably the one causing the problem.
Microsoft, learn to make patches that work and don't ruin
things!!!!!!!!
0
arsomycin (2)

For the man who has everything and loves money
For the successful man who loves money and the good life, perhaps you'll enjoy this little bit of fantasy http://www.laderagentlemensclub.com/ Thank you! ...

Help please - tried everything - nothing works
Hi I look after a network for a charity in the UK. We recently implemented web content filtering using Webmarshal from netiq. Users now access the internet using webmarshal's inbuilt proxy server. Since introducing this, users of MS Publisher can no longer access online clipart from within the Publisher programme - by doing a search. You can however view online content by browsing categories in clip organiser. I've been assuming that the issue is with the proxy server configuration and have added various microsoft.com addresses (the ones I've found reference to in Newsgroups) ...

Is any .net updated required for the new daylight savigns time, or just update the OS is all that is needed? Do DateTime objects need to be updated in .net runtime?
Is any .net updated required for the new daylight savigns time, or just update the OS is all that is needed? Do DateTime objects need to be updated in .net runtime? ...

Microsoft Outlook XP
I have just installed Microsoft XP and in Outlook when I try to set up the email I get the following error message: Operation failed due to a registry or installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists please reinstall. I have done all the suggested fixes but nothing works. Deb, I found this possible solution on the internet. Here's what it said: CAUSE This behavior can occur if your e-mail profile is damaged. RESOLUTION To resolve this behavior, create a new e-mail profile. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;315048&Pro...

Everything Smaller
Hello, I have a problem about IE, that all websites are showing smaller. The problem is that when I change the setting from IE/View/Text Size to Larger it comes OK but after that I open Outlook then everything goes small again. In the past I already had this problem and I'm sure that I solved this problem from Outlook settings but I really can't remember how! Does someone here knows how to solve this out? Thanks in advance, Tools->options->Mail Format->Fonts->International Fonts. Set it there and make it the default. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all ...

Unable to install Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack Service Pack
Error Found: Code 490. Windows Update encountered an unknown error. -- Need Help. What does the Office compatibility pack have to do with Windows Mail? -- -- "Lim" <lim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAFCDC83-E22A-4A65-968F-4C50CA6A6FFE@microsoft.com... > Error Found: Code 490. Windows Update encountered an unknown error. > -- > Need Help. The newsgroup to which you posted is dedicated to supporting the=20 Windows Mail program. You will get more help by posting that question in the Windows Update = newsgroup: http://www...

Microsoft keyboard and optical mouse
I can not get my new keyboard to work on the usb port unless I have the old keyboard pluged into the ps/s port. When I turn the computer on it will not recognize the new keyboard unless I have the old keyboard plugged in. The computer stops loading. I have to shut the computer down and plug in the old keyboard into the ps/2 port so that the computer will continue to load. Then it recognizes both keyboards. Any help would be appreciated. -- Ed "Ed" <Ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9EA213BC-F58D-4A8E-91B0-ED273D363334@microsoft.c...

help installing microsoft works
i have tried to install microsoft works 3 times! every time, after i'm done installing it i try to use it and this pops up "works cannot display the end user license agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use works. to display the agreement please reinstall works. please help me! thanks ...

backing up EVERYTHING in outlook 2003
I want to backup email, accounts, rules, everything. How can i do this? Stuart. Email and rules are stored in your Outlook data file. The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Stuart Turrell" <stuartturrell@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:Rc2dnaeklq0BOHDcRVnysQ@pipex.net... >I want t...

Updating Subform check box from Mainform check box
Hello, I've always found this site extremely helpful for figuring out my Access problems but this one has me stumped. Forgive me, since I do not know how to write code. I have a Mainform called Open PO Main Form that is linked to a subform called Open PO Sub Form by a field called CustomerPONumber. I would like my user to be able to check off the box called DELIVERED on the Main Form and have it automatically check off the box called SUBDELIVERED on the Subform. Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Lemonade Lemonade, You may want to try setting the control...

Microsoft Store Operations POS: Attempt to process COM object 'ObjectName' failed. An unknown error ocurred.
I have a program that gets executed in POS. Occasionally POS closes that program in the midle of execution; after trying to restart it the error message shows "Attempt to process COM object 'ObjectName' failed. An unknown error occurred." I am invoking this program from Custom POS Button. Here is entry code. The exception below is never executed. namespace FrameWiz { [ComVisible(true)] public class Startup { public bool Process(object argSession) { FrameWizShell frameWizShell = null; Session mySession = null; try { //mine ...

[delete everything between]
Hello from Steved I would like to replace [what ever is between the bracket] and including the bracket leaving nothing. It is placed in a formula hence the reason to delete the brackets and what is between the brackets. Yes I copied the formula from another worksheet, and the brackets and in between refers back to that worksheet. Thankyou for your time ps is it possible to copy a formula from one sheet to another. Hi, Select your cells containing the formulas then go to Edit/Find, in the "find what" box type and leave the "replace with" box empty, hit "Repl...

Microsoft Picture It Publishing 2001
When I make cards in this program it prints the pictures that I have taken with my digital camera (and downloading onto the computer) and prints them on the card backwards. What do I change to stop this? The screen on my computer shows it properly and everything else prints the correct way except these digital pictures. Thanks for the help! sjreid sjreid wrote: > When I make cards in this program it prints the pictures > that I have taken with my digital camera (and downloading > onto the computer) and prints them on the card backwards. > What do I change to stop this? The ...

Recent Items List not working
I have 15 items in my Recent Items list that never change. I create new word, notepad, etc, documents & letters and they do not show up in Recent items although all sorts of other stuff shows up there??? 1) Case 1. Easy: Try rightclick on taskbar-->Properties-->StartMenu. I assume you're switched into Classic Startmenu style? So look at bottom of that dialog screen, it says "privacy". MAKE SURE "STORE & DISPLAY A LIST OF RECENTLY OPENED FILES OR PROGRAMS" checkboxes are checked! Because if accidentlaly it's not enabled, Vista will ...

Exporting RMS database to POS (Microsoft Dynamics)
How do I go about transferring my database (inventory, customers, suppliers, etc) from RMS Version 1.2 to Microsoft Dynamics POS Version 2.0. I got a "sweet deal" from Citibank, which includes a pre-loaded POS system and a great credit card processing rate. It was represented as including set-up and transfer of info from my old program to my new one, but, alas, that was only a sales pitch. They set up the hardware, loaded the POS software and said "see ya!". Now I'm left with setting up the new network and trying to transfer all my old data. Please say ther...

Known Issue Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft
Hi all hoping someone can clarify the following: "Known Issues with the Data Migration Wizard for Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager" point that sticks out in the documentation and in my long hours of reading online namely: "The link between activities and parent accounts and contacts is not preserved during migration. If you have accounts or contacts in Microsoft Outlook with Business Contact Manager that have activities, such as tasks or appointments, associated with them, when you migrate the data to Microsoft CRM, the activities are not associated wit...

FW: Try this corrective package from Microsoft Corp.
--sczoleox Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ekaoklsbfcfzwibjd"; type="multipart/alternative" --ekaoklsbfcfzwibjd Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xenqfcnvvcxe" --xenqfcnvvcxe Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilit...

Serial port programming with Microsoft Communication Control
Can any one guide me writting a serial port ap which can communicate with Modem using Microsoft communication control. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/COM-Tech/activex/misc/article.php/c7349/ Tom "Reny" <reny@bxtech.com> wrote in message news:Oej80hkiGHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can any one guide me writting a serial port ap which can communicate with > Modem using Microsoft communication control. > > How can I output non-printed characters? Does CString support non-printed characters? What is the syntax or format to output them? "Tom Serface&q...

Possible to get rid of without rebuilding everything?
Hi all, Back to years ago, the consultant set up our forest with empty root domain and one child domain. Right now, the forest functional level is windows 2003. and all DCs are windows 2003 domain controller. All users and servers are on the child domain. Currently, we are thinking to move to Windows 2008 DCs. If we need to get rid of the empty root domain. is this possible without affecting our applications (exchange etc..)? BTW, why is the reason to keep this empty root domain? Thank you! You are stuck with the root domain forever. Root domain is no longer consi...

central update
I have various excel database with macros. All sheets have macros. Is it possible to have a word file (a central place) where user can click a button and run those macros? I do it with a separate Sheet in the same workbook called "MainMenu". Thereon I put "buttons" which I create out of Drawing Objects, include text to identify which macro each runs, and assign the respective macros to them..........then on each sheet, I install a similar button titled "Return to MainMenu". hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "flow23" wrote: > I have vari...

exchange calendar update tool #2
Can I run the exchange calendar update tool before updarting the dst patches on the exchange servers? No, Do windows server patches, then exchange, then clients, then run the tool is my understanding. "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote in message news:ezcHEbgUHHA.4764@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can I run the exchange calendar update tool before updarting the dst > patches on the exchange servers? > According to MS it is Servers, Workstations, Exchange, then the tool: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/dst_topissues "mcp" <none@none.com> wrote in ...

Using Microsoft Works 4.0b
I am using Microsoft Works 4.0b on my Mac Power PC, OS 9.1. I have never had a problem with this word processor. I would like to use Works on OS 9.2 and OS 10, but Works 4.0b will not work on those two systems. I thought that I could use a later version of Microsoft Works 7.0, but the system requirement for that software only calls for Windows, not a Mac. What later version of Microsoft Works can I purchase to use on Mac OS 9.2 and 10? Thanks for a response. Louis S. Diggs <lsdiggs@bcpl.net> wrote: > I am using Microsoft Works 4.0b on my Mac Power PC, OS 9.1. > I have never had ...

Help on Microsoft Excel 2003
I have recently upgraded my microsoft office from 2000 to 2003. Problem: when oppening multiple files using excel, files do not open in the same reversed order as it was selected as office 2000 does. office 2003 will open files in scramble mode? please help I need files to be opened same way as office 2000. it will make my job much easier. I don't think you have any control over the order that files open (via the file|Open dialog). But you could have a macro in a helper workbook that opens the workbooks in the order you want. Option Explicit Sub Auto_Open() Dim myFileNames As V...

query to update familyID by last name
I have a set of about 500 names that I need to break down into family groups. The data was imported from an old database and this set of names does not have any family association. Currently, for convenience sake, they are all in the same "family," ie their FamID is all the same. Table Structure: tblFamily FamID (primary key) FamLastName tblIndividual InID (primary key) InFamID (foreign key) FirstName LastName What I would like to do is to build a query, sorted on LastName where all of the same last name would be dumped into a new FamID and have the FamLas...

Need to delete pending MS updates
A friend asked me to help him with his computer. So I went and started applying the updates to his XP machine. Well it turns out that he has a VERY small drive and even less memory :-( I have downloaded some MS updates but there is not enough room to run them let alone let them just remain on the drive Where are the pending updates located so I can go and delete them? Start > Run > type in, press Enter or click OK after each command net stop wuauserv net stop bits Show hidden files, folders, and system files: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial62.ht...