There should be a way to restore the address book in outlook

The help file shows how to backup the address book  to a .pst file but is
nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something else???

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c0e994f-463d-4b00-97a6-c636d91e5050&dg=microsoft.public.outlook

Your post is unclear. There is no Address Book in Outlook. All Outlook data
is stored in one PST file.
Clarify what you need to do.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Richard" <Richard @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The help file shows how to backup the address book  to a .pst file but is
> nothing about RESTORE in the help fiile. Maybe it's called something
> else???
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3c0e994f-463d-4b00-97a6-c636d91e5050&dg=microsoft.public.outlook

0
russval1 (2100)

Contact file Creation date restore
I have moved my Contacts folder from the server to my PC HD. I needed to do this to be able to export the files to Excel format (seemed not possible to do this from the server). The problem is that due to moving the folder all the Contacts files Creation dates are reset to the time & date when moved. I need to know when a file is created so I can do some cleanup after some years of use! The Excel export file still holds the original creation dates. How can I use these to restore the Contacts files (without typing the original creation date into every single Contacts file)? ...

Outlook and exhange server
I am using oulook 2002. It is configured for an exchange and a pop3 account. The default account is the pop account. How do I make certain that the outgoing smtp that will be used to send Internet mail will be that of the pop3 account? The reason I ask is this. Sometimes email will get sent to the internet out through the exchange server. This is generally not a problem except sometimes mail gets returned. The is reason is this. My exchange server is behind a firewall. My internet Service provider provided me with a routable public IP address on my firewall. That address does...

Best Way ?
G'day All, Looking for some information. With Outlook you can have all your contacts...address, email address, yada, yada, yada. Can I use this information in to say mail merge with Word and email a letter to the ppl with email addresses? Or is this better done with a Access? The reason I ask is that we want to deliver an email to all our clients with the latest promotions. And want it to be a bit more automated? Any information or pointers in the right direction would be appreciated. Have a good one, Scott V You can use either Access or Outlook as the data source for a ma...

A way to create sub-categories?

Printing options within Outlook
I've got two Office XP printing questions for the newsgroup. 1. Is there a way to print only the content of an e-mail message without having to save it as a .rtf file and editing it? The goal is to print the message without the header information. 2. When printing calendar items that were sent to a large group of people, how do you print the "To:" field. In XP, it appears that this field is not printed after a certain number of recipients are reached. Any help would be appreciated. I can be e-mailed at: greg dot vassar at aaipharma dot com ...

Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels?
Is there a way to color code Outlook Contact File Folder Labels? No. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "isailhbca" <isailhbca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4DBD10F7-FAA0-4102-A4C3-E2697908EFE8@microsoft.com... >...

exporting email from outlook express to microsoft outlook 2003
I have several email accounts on outlook express. When I try to import them to the new accounts I set up in Outlook, all the email/addresses/etc. from one of my accounts (the default email account in Express) goes into each new Outlook account. How can I import just the email from one account into a new account? "Wendy" <Wendy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08C323C8-BF1D-44CF-863D-02E9E7341A46@microsoft.com... >I have several email accounts on outlook express. When I try to import them > to the new accounts I set up in Outlook, all the email/addres...

is there a way to crop a corner out of a rectangular image in Visi
Using subtract on two shapes accomplishes what i want to do, but when the first shape is a .gif image, it does not work. No, the "boolean operations", as they're called, do not operate on foreign objects like bitmaps and controls. Visio has crop functionality for imported graphics, but it is only rectangular. You could draw a small white triangle and give it "no line". Then place it over the corner of your bitmap. -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "doug" <doug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29D479A6-6099-4051-B7A0-1...

Removing unwanted "Auto Complete" addresses from the "To:" field?
There are many occasions when I send out "1 of" e-mails by typing out the recipient's address in the "To:" field. But then when I starting typing in another address which has the same first couple of letters, these addresses appear in the menu. How can I remove these obsolete names/addresses so they no longer appear in the choices? THANKS! Highlight & hit Delete on them when they appear in the dropdown "Pilgrim" <pilgrim2@nospam-myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:uu4W2kUbGHA.3524@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > There are many occasions when...

Outlook 2003
I have a user who is reporting that whilst creating a new mail/ replying to a mail, it will occassionally blank out all the text in the mail. If he minimizes or maximizes the mail he can breifly see all the text he has typed, but it dissapears straight away. I've not managed to recreate teh problem myself, but am hoping this is a general issue with a simple answer. Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook not displaying holidays
I am using Outlook 2000 and have elected the option to display holidays. The only place I can see a listing of holidays is in the catagory view and then nothing past the end of 2003. Is there something I am not doing to make this happen. Thanks for any advice you can give me. Skip >-----Original Message----- >I am using Outlook 2000 and have elected the option to >display holidays. The only place I can see a listing of >holidays is in the catagory view and then nothing past the >end of 2003. Is there something I am not doing to make >this happen. > >Tha...

is there a way to change the time card repor format?
i'm using activereports in RMS to generate a custome timecard report. for my timein and timeout colums, the datatype i have assigned to the columns is vbDate. when I generate the report, the columns only show the date as mm/dd/yyyy, they do not show the time of day piece for exactly when the cashier punched in or out. is there any way to change the formatting of this so that in the report the time shows up? for example, instead of showing 2/6/2005 in the time in column, it would show 2/5/2005 8:00:00 AM. thanks in advance, kevin There is a timecard report on the Reports Library...

Permanent Failure: Other address status

Outlook 2007 Rules Do not work 01-26-10
I have just upgraded outlook 2003 to outlook 2007. I am running Xp. I have a number of email accounts coming through to my outlook. I want the mail that is addressed to one of my work email accounts to be moved automatically to another sub folder of my inbox. I have tried deleting them and starting from scratch, removing any client machine specific rules and using server based rules etc and I am still stuck, I have seen a lot of posts about this problem but no real solutions. Any ideas would be very gratefully received This all used to work so well with outlook 2003 but ...

Outlook & Outlook Express on same PC
I had both Outlook 2000 and Outlook Express on my PC with Windows 98. Each was connected to different email accounts and had different messages. I want the same set up on my new PC with Windows XP Home edition. But I could only find one pst file. It had the data from Outlook. How can I find the data for the Outlook Express folders? Thank you in advance. cp OE stores data in a different file structure to OL http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ should help David "cp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01b901c3d897$6e31e1d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... >...

best way to deserialize xml
I'm at a quandry as to what's the best/fastest way to deserialize an incoming xml stream? I ran a small test on xmlserializer and on a small file it performed 10 times worse then when I used the XMLDocument and deserialized the values myself. Is the xmlserializer really that slow? I'm expecting a file about 1 MB in length and if it's that slow on a 2 K file then I can't phantom how it's going to behave on a 1 MB file. Should I just skip the xmlserializer and XML Dom and go straight to xmlreader and do the deserialization myself? This has been discussed a few times...

clear address memory
How do I delete old e-mail addresses from memory that are no longer the current ones in my Outlook 2002 address book but still appear as a"prompt" when I enter the 1st few letters of the e-mail address. ...

Can You Count This Way?
I have some cells with note type data: For ex: ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, Is there a way to count every item between the commas? Thanks. Hi try =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","")+LEN(A1)>0 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Timothy Wright wrote: > I have some cells with note type data: > > For ex: > > ax,3b7,22,xy,zz, > > Is there a way to count every item between the commas? > > Thanks. On Wed, 19 May 2004 20:13:53 +0200, "Frank Kabel" <frank.kabel@freenet.de> wrote: >Hi >try >=LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1,&q...

Outlook Views
UGH, I'm gonna start screaming!!!!! I KNOW that at some point in time, I was able to view my Inbox and have my task list displayed on the right side of the "window". I could click off tasks as completed, even though I was looking at my e-mail list. But for some odd reason, that view went away and now I can't get it back. Anyone know how to set up the view so that I can be looking at my INbox message list and be able to see tasks on the right? Thanks, Elizabeth That has never been possible in Outlook unless you created or installed a custom folder home page that ...

restoring system data from external HD .bkf files
Hello My OS is Windows XP Media edition 2005. I recently reformatted my HD and now I am trying to restore my Office Outlook files (.pst) plus system settings. I have been only able to access personal files and folders. I really need the ..pst files. When I run the backup - restore wizard the check marks appear on the two "C" drives, out of 14,471 MB on the external HD, only about 350 MB are restored, the field "processed" reads "0" How can I restore the rest of my system from the external HD? Thanks -- Zubenelshamali On Thu, 27 May 2010 14:53:4...

JPG Files in Outlook 2002
Sending and receiving JPG photos in Outlook 2002, receive a square or rectangular area where photo should be with a small red "x" in upper left corner of received area. Please help. Other Outlook users have noted same problem. Appreciate any help. ...

Activating a URL address in an e-mail....
When I used OE, if I pasted a URL address in a e-mail message, the recipient could just click on the address to bring it up. Now, in using 2003 Outlook, clicking on the address does not bring it up...the address has to be copied and pasted in the browser. Is there any way to make Outlook act like OE in this regards...and thanks? Arty ...

Restoring the backup
We want to have a database that is typically like the running one for trouble shooting, testing some new functions, and technical purposes. Is there any troubles or side effects on our server or databases if we create a comapny with a different name on the same sql server and restoring the backup of the running company on the new one? Many Thanks, Hi: In Knowledge Base you can find this article: How to set up a test company that has a copy of live company data by using SQL Server 7.0, SQL Server 2000, or SQL Server 2005 (871973 - modified: 2007-04-30) Describes how to set up a test com...

Outlook 2003 Compatibility #2
Can Outlook 2003 be installed on a computer with Windows ME Operating System? "Les" <lester123_nospam@comcast.net> wrote: >Can Outlook 2003 be installed on a computer with Windows ME Operating >System? nope ...

Is there a way to Sort data by color in Excel?
I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? see http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html#sorting -- HTH Bob Phillips "SRTUC" <SRTUC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B5121232-FB1D-46AF-94F8-04B7EAA2D90C@microsoft.com... > I am trying to sort data by color, is that possible? You're gonna need a User defined function to get the value of a color. See Chip Pearson's site for a nice version: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm Look for: Returning The ColorIndex Of A Cell Then you could use that UDF in a separate colu...