There are too many Find Public Folders dialogs open. You must close them in orde

Hi, I'm using Outlook XP 2002 SP-2 and I got error
message "There are too many Find Public Folders dialogs
open. You must close them in order to use the Advance
Find. Do you want to close them now?" when I answer Yes I
get "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook can't
display this view. A folder by this name already exists".
I tried to install "Microsoft Outlook Update: December 4,
2002" but I can't as it said it is already installed.

Thanks,
TR
0
tal.r (1)

PUBLIC CONTACTS #4
I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . When we creat a new contact and try to save it I get an error: "the item could not be saved to this folder. The folder has been deleted or moved, or you do not have permission. Do you want to save a copy of it in the default folder for the item?" Can anyone help me with this proble ? Thank you!! Mike wrote: > I created a publix Contact list for all my users and gave them rights to > create but not delet.Also I gave myself fun right . > When we...

Inserting charts into many workbooks
Hi, I'm using Excel 2007 and am pretty new to VBA. I have a folder with 40 or so workbooks- all with the same worksheet table format. The worksheets are huge (20 000 + rows, 50 or so columns). I need to open a workbook, make several fully formatted graphs, then insert the same graphs into every workbook , updated them with that workbooks' data. Any ideas on code for this? This isn't fully automated, but it will save some time. In one workbook, create the chart and format it to your specs. Then paste the chart into another workbook, and use the utility linked to i...

Finding duplicates in column
Hi, I have Excel 2002 and have 6000 emails addresses in a column. How can I find if there are any duplicates in that column? Thanks rock Assuming the data is in column A, add a formula in column B of =IF(COUNTIF($A$1:$A1,$A1)>1,"Duplicate","") Cpy that down, then you can filter column B for Duplicate Sorry to be so newby Bob, but when you say 'copy' down, what exactly do you mean? I have entered the formula in B1 but.. Thanks rock Bob Phillips wrote: > Assuming the data is in column A, add a formula in column B of > > =IF(COUNTI...

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

Outlook 2002 SP3- Runtime Error when opening Outlook
I'm getting a runtime error- Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library / Program C:/Program Files/ microsoftoffice/ office10 /outlook.exe. This App has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusal way. This only happen the first time I open Outlook for the day. It shuts down, then I can reopen it and all is fine. I have try to debug it and the detect & repair option in the help tab. Any help is Appreciated! ...

Failed to open mmf error appears
A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. What could be triggering this error. What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? EllenB wrote: > A pop up window appears with the message 'failed to oepn > mmf'. I assume it is referring to Microsoft mail format. > > > What could be triggering this error. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Outlook, and when do you see this error? > >EllenB wrote: >> A pop up window appears with the message 'fail...

Outlook98
I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders I have set up and been using over the past several years, have dissapeared. I believe the PST file is the same size, but the folders and their contents are nowhere to be found. How big is the .PST file? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1029601c3f42b$1ace3ac0$a101280a@phx.gbl, Kurt Wolfe wrote: > I am using Outlook98 and all of a sudden, all the folders > I have set up and been usi...

sharing folders in outlook
After setting up my outlook contact files to be shared via email, I sent a test email to myself asking if I wanted to accept the sharing utility. However on the email that was sent I am supposed to click on an 'accept' button to start sharing, however there is no 'accept' button present. There is a note that says if the button is not present I need to install the 'net folder component' however I have searched the microsoft site and cannot find any relevent installation advice. Does anyone have any ideas? What version of Outlook "Donna" <anonymous@di...

red recovery drive folder
So I got a virus on my computer a month ago and I had a friend from geek squad come over and restart it with a recovery disk that Dell had sent me (I have a dell) after it was restored and the virus was gone my recovery folder was red and switched to my C: drive, and my os is now D: drive. When I asked him about the recovery drive being red he just told me that "its a good thing" but now when I go to download things for school onto my computer they wont stay, they download but stop right before its finished and I can't find it anywhere. I really need my computer properl...

Z order in Visual Studio Dialog Editor
I have a dialog with a large Tab Control. On Top of that tab control are a few other bits and pieces. I keep ending up with the Tab Control on top of the other things, so I can't see them when modifying the layout of the dialog. I have a 'send to back' and 'bring to front' button on the Layout toolbar, but it isn't active when I have my Tab Control selected. I can't find another 'send to back' option. The option must be here somewhere - help?!? "GT" <ContactGT_remove_@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:468d1731$0$26278$c3e8da3@news...

Find Replace with Macro
Can anyone tell me how to construct a macro that will seacrh the entire contents of column C, find the contacts of cell A1 and replace it with B1, then do the same finding A2 and replacing it with B2 in column C, then A3 with B3 in column C etc etc. I can not get this to work. Sub Test() Dim r1 as Range Dim r2 as Range For Each r1 in Range("A1:A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row For Each r2 in Range("C1:C" & Range("C65536").End(xlUp).Row If r1.Value = r2.Value Then r2.Value = Range("B" & r1.Row).Value Next Next End Sub -...

can i create a modalless dialog Box in the worker thread.
hi guys, is it possible to create a modalless dialog box in the worker thread, actually we have try this but we got error that is" you cannot create object with new operator in the worker thread " but i don't know what is the actual reason behind this. actually i am trying to create a modalless dialog box from main dialog box and i want to perform openGL programing on both the dialog box in such a manner so that they do not collapse or crash each other because at one time only one rendering device context should reside in the memory if we want to create more then one device con...

Email links open to My Documents
When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. I really need to repair this ASAP and would appreciate any help. I am using Office 2003 and Windows XP Pro. Thank you! Try rebooting your system >-----Original Message----- >When I go to my blue hyperlinks in Outlook 2003, instead of being taken to >the website, I am taken to my own My Documents....when I right click, I >cannot copy and paste because the copy is grayed out. &...

Can't open html format email in outlook xp
Dear all , I can't open and create html format emails in outlook XP . I think I lost some html and RTF components , I tried to reinstall the outlook xp and selected all the related options , but still can't work. Could anyone help me to solve the problem? Thank in advance Stanley ...

Clearing "Find" History in OL 2002
I have used the "find" option to locate emails and now wish to clear them out and start fresh. There have gotten to be too many in my drop down list. How do I do this? ...

Where can I find a Windows 7 newsgroup?
Sorry to post this here, but when I search the news.eternal-september.org for '7' (no quotes) I don't find anything. Nor when I search for "windows" TIA LAS alt.windows7.general Make sure you signed up with Eternal September correctly, or you will only see a small percentage of the available newsgroups. Also, right click on the newsgroup list and Reset it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "LAS" <FakeMail@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:i3fttq$7vd$1@news.eternal-september.org....

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

Opening multiple workbooks through code and copying values
Help! the following code 'kinda sorta' does what I want, but it has 3 problems. 1. Instead of going on to the next file if the file doesn't exist, it pastes the data from the previous file. 2. It closes the workbook into which I am compiling data instead of just the ones I am copying from. 3. Everytime it closes a file, it asks the question about 'large amounts of data in the clipboard.' Thanks, Pam Here is the code: Private Sub cmdCreate_Click() On Error GoTo Report_Err Dim myPath As String Dim myReport As Object Dim mySheet As String Dim myRow As Integer Dim x...

Replace and Find
I am using the replace and find option, but continue to get the following message. "You can't replace the current value of the field with the replacement text. Resolve any errors before making further replacements". What is this, and how do I correct it? -- Haymer Haymer We aren't there. We can't see your PC. What "current value" do you have (some examples)? What "replacement text" are you trying to use? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "Haymer" <Haymer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005F3...