The system cannot find the file specified

I am receiving this error in Outlook 2003 when attempting to open Word
attachments.

I have tried deleting all temporary internet files and all files in the OKLE
temp folder and the problem was corrected - for about five minutes!

If I open the attachment a second time, it opens no problem.  The error is
popping up sporadically on our users machines.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

Have you cleared the IE cache?  Tools --> Internet Options --> Delete Files.

--
Rodney Buike
MVP Windows Server - Directory Services

http://thelazyadmin.com

"Natalie Lewis" <NatalieLewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am receiving this error in Outlook 2003 when attempting to open Word
> attachments.
>
> I have tried deleting all temporary internet files and all files in the
> OKLE
> temp folder and the problem was corrected - for about five minutes!
>
> If I open the attachment a second time, it opens no problem.  The error is
> popping up sporadically on our users machines.
>
> Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

0
rodb (8)
12/2/2005 7:25:32 PM
Yes I have.

It appears the error is happening with documents with images embedded in the
file.  I have  also checked the settings for opening jpgs (per a similar post
under the outlook.general).

"Rodney Buike [MVP - Directory Services]" wrote:

> Have you cleared the IE cache?  Tools --> Internet Options --> Delete Files.
>

> --
> Rodney Buike
> MVP Windows Server - Directory Services
>
> http://thelazyadmin.com
>
> "Natalie Lewis" <NatalieLewis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am receiving this error in Outlook 2003 when attempting to open Word
> > attachments.
> >
> > I have tried deleting all temporary internet files and all files in the
> > OKLE
> > temp folder and the problem was corrected - for about five minutes!
> >
> > If I open the attachment a second time, it opens no problem.  The error is
> > popping up sporadically on our users machines.
> >
> > Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

How to lock and unlock the XP system from remote system.
Hi I am writting a program to lock and unlock the remote desptop.For this I need some help related to sending Ctrl+Alt+Del to the remote PC.Can any one help me on the issue. Regards Prashant Sharma Yes. Find something else to do with your time. You keep trying to do something that any decent security system forbids. There is already remote access. See if you can find APIs relating to remote access. But I suspect that you will discover that Windows security is going to make this task impossible. joe On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 15:19:31 +0530, "ISDC" <satish7684@hotmail.com&...

link .pub files
I have produced a series of .pub files [Publisher 2003] for a book - each has illustrations, footnotes etc as separate text or picture boxes. I now want to put all the chapters into a new .pub file so that I can take the complete book to a printer - but I can't find a way to do this! Best 'fix' so far has been to save each chapter as a Word file and import that into a new .pub file. But that does not deal with the pictures, which all have to be re-inserted in the precisely correct position. there MUST be a better way! Or is it another problem with Publisher, like the inabi...

where to write temporary files?
hello experts, I am developing a software and I need to create a couple of temp files when the program is running. I need a piece of advice regarding the best place to put them: - Windows\temp directory - User directory - Program directory - ?? Needless to say, the directory must exist and the user must have the appropriate permissions. What are the good practices regarding this question ? Thanks Phil On Mon, 5 May 2008 08:43:18 -0700 (PDT), Phil <pbruyant@yahoo.com> wrote: >hello experts, >I am developing a software and I need to create a couple of temp files >when >the pr...

Looking for a basic "duplicate file name finder" app.
Does anyone use a free duplicate file finder that they like? I know there are lots out there but when I went to download.com and searched, I got 800 hits. When I tried the "most popular" according to it's ratings, they turned out to be trial-ware. The most popular tool seems to do everything *but* find duplicate filenames. It wanted to "clean up my system". Thanks. -- Al Dykes News is something someone wants to suppress, everything else is advertising. - Lord Northcliffe, publisher of the Daily Mail http://www.softpedia.com/get/S...

Opening a form with cursor in a control filed
I have a form with a subform as reference. I only do data entry in 3 fields. I have set the tab control for field 1, 2 and 3, but when I click on add new record the cursor goes to the subform and and cannot tab out to the first field of the main form. I would like to set this up that on got focus the cursor is on the selected field and then tabs or move on enter to the next selected field in the tab order. The tab order in the main for is resetting to zero. Thanks Quinto -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200801/1 ...

Finding an event

Image backup/rstore vs. clean install/all-file-backup/restore
A general question: Chris Quirke writes: "It's a good idea to make a partition image backup of your XP installation before you start, using something like BING. Simply copying off every file is not enough, because unlike Windows 9x, XP will not work when copied in this way." If there is no partitin image, would it be sufficient to do a clean install of XP Gold, and then copy over the file-by-file backup of, for example, XP with SP3 installed. Wouldn't that leave everything bootable, etc. and give the same results as an image restore? mm wrote: > A gener...

Large email files keep resending
Like others, large email attachment files get "stuck" in my outbox. What's frustrating is that it seems not to be sending on my end, but to clients/others, they might receive the file hundreds of times. This has only started occurring in the past few months and was always fine before (this version of the software). I think, but I can't be sure, that this started happening when I converted to Windows 7 in December. If this is a bug, can someone report it to MS? In the meantime, I'll try to remember to use another means of sending large files. This ofte...

Find and replace according to conversion table
Hi, I have a question about automating find and replace for text data. I havetbe replacements I want to take place. Instances of A1 should be replaced with the value in B1, A2 with B2, and so on. There are several thousand entries. How can I use this information to do a large-scale search and replace conversion on data listed in a third column? The third column contains text characters. So, A1 = A, B1 = D A2 = B, B2 = E A3 = C, B3 = F and I want this information to convert C1 = ABC to D1 = DEF Can it be done? -- efrancis --------------------------------------------------------...

How to impersonate to Local System Account (SYSTEM)
My service is configurated as the Administrators acount. I need to impersonate the service to Local System Account (SYSTEM) in some circumtances. How? Thanks very very much indeed lauch ...

Can't import personal folder backup file (.pst)
Hi, I recently reinstalled XP Home edition with Office 2000 version on it. Prior to doing that i had taken the backup of my personal folder in outlook and now that when i run the personal folder exe file i get the message that the outlook 2000/2002/2003 is not installed on this system........ wot da :p i have very important info in that .pst file......can anyone help me out here plsssssss Asim What is the "personal folder exe file"? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

How do I find the cell address of the 2nd largest of a set?
I have a table of integers ranging from cells B3 to Z51, and I want to find the cell address of the second-largest and third-largest value. =LARGE(B3:Z51, 2) will give me the second-largest value, but how do I find the cell address where that value is located? Also, when there is the exact same value in two different cells, I want to be able to find both cell addresses. For example, LARGE(B3:Z51, 3) will find the third-largest value, and LARGE(B3:Z51, 4) will find the fourth-largest value. If those two values are the same, how do I find their corresponding addresses? See, what I'm...

Inserting Image to Signature file in Outlook 2000
My Sister is trying to load a .gif file I created her for her signature card.... Not tha same as it is in Outlook 2003... I tryed to help her but its not coming out correct.. the image is getting distorted. Do you have A link or instructions I can send her? Thanks ...

Finding the most frequent occurances
I have a worksheet in which the cells contain times followed by a 2 digit code. For example "2:30 AG". I was wondering if there is any way to find the time that occures most, ignoring the 2 digit code. The long term goal is to be able to determine at what times these occurances happen and create a graph that represents those peak times. You could try this: First, use a "helper" column to extract the time. With values starting in A1, enter this in B1: =--LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-3) And copy down as needed. Then, format a cell to "Time", and enter this formula: =MODE(...

BKF files
Just got Sharp organizer to replace my Casio one. Any why the old Casio had some software that I could use when backing it up to enable me to export the backed up flies in various formats in order to use Excel to look at / print the data. With the Sharp it backs up the organizer it saves the file as a *.BFK but doesn't offer any other features. It the anyone who knows how I can get to use Excel with the BFK file. I dont need to edit (but that would be nice) I only really need to be able to print out the data. many thanks Johnnyboy ...

insert image in head excel file?
is it possible to insert an image from a file into the header (the top) of an excel file? If yes, what is the way to do it? Thanks. Excel 2002 onwards has that capability under file>page setup Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ducenis" wrote: > is it possible to insert an image from a file into the header (the > top) of an excel file? If yes, what is the way to do it? Thanks. > And if you're using xl2k or below, maybe you can insert the image in the worksheet and use Rows to repeat at top. Another option is to print the paper with the pictures (using MSWord????), then s...

Finding Favorites on Vista
Hi... I recently purchased as laptop and had a professional, who I can no longer reach, as he is on the other side of the country, transfer my favorites list from old to new computer. Now, when I launch IE 7 (?) it tells me that my favorites are in a path that is not available. I also have mozilla Firefox and its Bookmarks are working fine. How can I find and/or change or re-link my IE favorites file. When I try to add new links to my favorites with IE they disappear and become inaccessible too. How can I create a proper path to put my favorites in. On Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:...

Integration with legacy systems
Hello there. 've seen there is an integration between Microsoft CRM and MS Great Plains. I need to do a similar integration beetween Microsoft CRM and a local System ERP named Diapason. The customer shoul be created by MS CRM. passed to the ERP. Updated tin the ERP and then updated automatically in the MS CRM. Order born in CRM. When approved, tehy should send to the ERP. The ERP create the invoice and send the invoice to MS CRM. Price list is managed by the ERP, imported in MS CRM and when updated in ERO, should be updated automatically in CRM. Customer are updated in ERP and shou...

Sig file "could not be located."
I created a new sig file (actually to get rid of Active-X controls), and I selected this sig for both new messages and for replies and forwards. When I create a new message, it works fine; but when I reply to a message, I get an error that the named sig could not be located, and it gets removed from my "Signature for new messages" setting. (That gets switched to "<None>", but my "Signature for replies and forwards" setting is unchanged). I have tried both renaming and copying the sig file to other named files and switching both settings to the new file nam...

changed from express to office. can't find second email account!
We changed from Express to Office and now my email looks very different. I am having no problem with that, but my husband has a second email address. In Express we just clicked on "switch identities" to get his mail. Now we can't figure that out. Thanks for any help. In news:19A664BE-931F-4865-B653-BF18E267F334@microsoft.com, kathyandjim <kathyandjim@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We changed from Express to Office .....Outlook, I think you mean :) > and now my email looks very > different. I am having no problem with that, but my husband has a &g...

Trust access to visual basic project in XP systems
we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . Because of the this i think vb exe which is try to run excel macro are failing. can any one hlep me. This is a setting that each user must change. So I think you'll have to educate the users to change this setting before your VB program can run. kasi wrote: > > we have 2000 OS in some system and XP in some system .Excel in XP system not > have checkbox (Trust access to visual Basic Project) for macros . > Because of the this i...

Customizing File Dialog
Hi all: I am trying to customize the file dialog. To do this, I have learned, you provide a template that contains only the additional controls that you want. By default, these controls appear below the normal file dialog controls, which is what I want. However, when the Places bar is present, it extends only to the bottom of the original controls, and my controls span the full width of the dialog, which is not what I want. Does anybody know how to fix this? I am actually using VC6, but I have previously customized the normal file dialog to show the Places bar on OS's that permit...

overriding the print button and File/Print
Hello: I have a model that I want to override the ability to print only one page. The model has 3 pages and the first page needs to be printed first always before any of the others. Can a macro be written that attaches to the model that only allows printing from a custom print macro? Or, something that when the user hits the toolbar print button (or File...Print...) the model always prints the first page too? Yes - use this Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub Put this in the module attached to this workbook in the VBE and it disables printing from th...

excel causing system to be in low system resource
Hi all. Whenever i open my excel application, i am always prompted low system resource and have to exit the application. However all my other office applications like word, access work fine when i open them. I face similar problems before and i reinstall excel to solve the problem. Is there a better solution which can solve this problem once and for all? Thks in advance ...