The operation failed. An object could not be found. #3

I've looked on microsoft and on the web about this error message.
However none seem to cover my problem.  This error message, "The
operation failed. An object could not be found." shows when i click on
rules and alerts.  I've gone and done the things the other explanations
give about creating a new profile, but I still get this error.  I use
the rules to separate my e-mails into individual folders depending on
who the e-mail is from.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  If you can, any
reply's can be sent to my e-mail address
schristopher@struthers-dunn.com.

Thanks.

Scott

forgot to say that i'm using Outlook 2003 with Windows XP.  Email is
thru exchange server it is not POP 3.

<schristopher@***** > wrote in message
> I've looked on microsoft and on the web about this error message.
> However none seem to cover my problem.  This error message, "The
> operation failed. An object could not be found." shows when i click on
> rules and alerts.  I've gone and done the things the other explanations
> give about creating a new profile, but I still get this error.  I use
> the rules to separate my e-mails into individual folders depending on
> who the e-mail is from.
>
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.  If you can, any
> reply's can be sent to my e-mail address
> schristopher@***
>
> Thanks.
>
> Scott

Sorry, no e-mail replies - keep everything in the group. Also, don't post
your real, unmunged email address in a newsgroup post or in your NNTP
account settings - you'll get spam and viruses.

That said, is Outlook/Office fully patched via Office Update?
Have you tried doing a detect & repair from the Help menu?

0
lanwench (7567)
7/23/2005 5:14:05 PM
I have done the detect and repair.  I am very wary of doing the office
updates.  The last time i did them, i had to uninstall and re-install
office because the update rendered Excel completely useless to me
because of how is started formatting subtotals (but that's a whole
other story).

i guess my next step is to uninstall and re-install office.

<schristopher@struthers-dunn.com> wrote in message
>I have done the detect and repair.  I am very wary of doing the office
> updates.  The last time i did them, i had to uninstall and re-install
> office because the update rendered Excel completely useless to me
> because of how is started formatting subtotals (but that's a whole
> other story).
>
> i guess my next step is to uninstall and re-install office.

You can select just Outlook updates if you wish - and for your Excel issue,
I suggest you post in an Excel group. You ought to be running all critical
updates/service packs.

0
lanwench (7567)
7/25/2005 1:45:20 PM
I have uninstalled and re-installed office.  I've even done all of the
updates.

Still having the problem.  A friend says the problem is probably
between the relationship between Outlook (running on my PC) and the
Exchange Server.  His suggestion is to delete my user account on the
Exchange server and recreate it.  That is after doing a full backup of
my e-mail.

Zoomer

That corrected my problem.  When i logged into the server and looked at
the backups that were running every night, it showed that there was
something wrong with my inbox.  So I removed me as a user.  then i
looked at the mailbox, purged my mailbox, the ran the cleanup agent.

I then added myself back.  When i opened outlook on my desktop
everything worked.  I did have to import my inbox, contacts, and sent
box from the PST i created.

I hope this helps someone that has this same type of problem.

Zoomer

In news:1122407833.635089.184760@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
Zoomer <schristopher@struthers-dunn.com> typed:
> That corrected my problem.  When i logged into the server and looked
> at the backups that were running every night, it showed that there was
> something wrong with my inbox.  So I removed me as a user.  then i
> looked at the mailbox, purged my mailbox, the ran the cleanup agent.
>
> I then added myself back.  When i opened outlook on my desktop
> everything worked.  I did have to import my inbox, contacts, and sent
> box from the PST i created.
>
> I hope this helps someone that has this same type of problem.
>
> Zoomer

Glad you got it resolved.

0
lanwench (7567)

Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions
Hi! We deployed Hosted Messaging & Collaboration 3.0 for Hosted Exchange (Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 AD). We have created successfully Reseller and also Business Organization. BUT if we try to create Address List for this Business Org we get error: <response><errorContext description="Failed CommitChanges after SetExchAddressListPermissions on LDAP://ad01.ix.netplace.com/cn=mucix GAL,CN=All Global Address Lists,CN=Address Lists Container,CN=netplaceExchange,CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=ix,DC=netplace,DC=com Inner: General access denied ...

Invalid object name 'PM00200'
After clone existing company, I get error "Invalid object name 'PM00200'" while opening Cards -> Purchasing -> Vendor. I check of existing this table in database - is OK. Granting rights to PM00200 is not solve this problem (grant select,update,insert,delete on PM00200 to DYNGRP). What wrong and how I can solve this problem? Please help... how did you clone the company? The right way to do it is to restore a backup as the cloned database. HS "Denisio" <Denisio@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C79425E5-237D-4470-A89B-FD67CF0958A5...

Outlook fails to start after previously loading and shutting down...
When I start Outlook, it loads and runs fine. When I shut it down and restart Outlook, it fails to load. It gives me an hour glass for about 15 seconds then nothing. It will only restart after I reboot Windows XP. Any suggestions? - Chris cfusillo@thepulse.com www.thepulse.net www.thepulse.com ...

OWA login fails with Error: Access is Denied.
We are in the process of moving from one exchange server to another one, but having some troubles with OWA and login. On the first exchange server everything works fine with OWA, but on the second server OWA login fails after three atempts with "Error: Access is Denied." I have tried to compere settings on the two servers, but have not found differences. If I move an account from 2.server to 1.server OWA works, if I move it back OWA stops working. Reading email with Outlook works fine. We have Windows2003Server with sp1 and Exchange 2003 with Sp2 on both servers. The only difference ...

M05 update fails.
Uninstalled M04 and installed M05 over a week ago. M05 said an update was available. I let it run and it said "Update Complete". Now, EVERY time I shut down Money, I get "Money is attempting to install an update. To complete, restart Windows, and then Money". In the last week, I tried the following to no avail. I've re-run the update several times, deleteted the mnyupdate.log several times and restored the registry to several previouse dates. It still gives me this msg EVERY time I shut Money down. Any Ideas or should I just go back to M04???? Frank ...

"the operation has timedout" error
Hi All, I am getting the following error. Is it possible to increase the timeout period of a web service? Event Type: Error Event Source: UKDynamics Event Category: (6) Event ID: 103 Date: 15/10/2008 Time: 14:41:52 User: N/A Computer: XXXXXXXXXX Description: Message:- Failure occured during Synchronisation of Locations from XXXXX to CRM. The operation has timed out Type:- System.Net.WebException Source:- System.Web.Services at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWeb...

calling objects method
Hello, I have a collection of objects. Each object has few properties and few methods, among which: save, delete, recall and others. The "save" method of each object runs few private class functions to double check data and if everything is fine it adds the data collected in few tables. I would need a way to iterate the objects in the Collection (and I know how to do this) and call for each of them the "save" method. Is this possible? Hoping first it is clear... Thanks, Rocco it should be: myCollectionName.Item(itemIndex).Save ....I guess... "ro...

FAILED OPERATION
publisher will not connect to outlook when sending email attachment What version Publisher? What version Outlook? The Send This Page as Message command is not available when you click Send E-mail on the File menu in Publisher 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;884425 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fits nicely" <fits nicely@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452BD0E4-6742-4A99-B86E-3CB2AF88500A@microsoft.com... > publisher will not connect to outlook when sendi...

cells of varied length extract last 3 digits
each cell in a column ends with "Program ###". I would like to create a column with just the ###. Where ### represents varied digits. Thanks Peggy Use the formula for retreiving the last three characters / digits from a particular cell. For Retrieving Last Three Text Characters from a cell =TRIM(RIGHT(A1,3)) For Retrieving Last Three Numeric Values from a cell =--TRIM(RIGHT(A1,3)) Change the cell reference to your desired cell, if required. If this post helps, Click Yes! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "PeggyT" w...

CRM 3.0 Outlook Client- Disable Email Tracking in CRM
Hi, Is there a way to disable "track in CRM" only for emails from Outlook client. Our client wants to be able to track appointments, tasks etc on CRM but not the emails. Any suggestions will be appreciated a lot!! Isil Hi Isil in outlook click on CRM and then options. under the Select the e-mail message to trak in Microsoft CRM, click E-mail messages that contain a Microsoft CRM tracking token and not All e-mail messages. You will need to restart outlook for the changes to take affect. "Isil" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable "track in C...

Send Receive Error #3
5:41 PM 10/8/2007 Microsoft Outlook 2003 stopped sending email. (I receive email messages just fine.) After I choose to send messages from the menu, the program attempts to send a message for � 30 seconds; then I get an error message:"Send Receive Error -- Click Here for Details". Then the error message disappears after about � second -- I cannot get details. How can I fix Outlook? Thank you, Barry Karas P.S. I have Windows XP with SP2. ...

Excel found unreadable content in 'stock.chart.object.xlsm'
When I create a secondary axis [because I want to overlay a moving average on the bars] and save the workbook the chart is unrecoverable when I try to reload the workbook later. I get a message saying "Excel found unreadable content in 'stock.chart.object.xlsm'. Do you want to recover the contents of this workbook?" When I reply 'yes' the spreadsheet is displayed without the chart. A 'no' reply loses the entire workbook. I have tested it enough in various ways to feel confident that it is probably the secondary axis addition that is the problem. Any su...

Dual cash drawer operation
I have a prospect that has a news and gift store, and also sells lottery tickets. He would like to use a separate cash drawer at the POS, to enable him to keep the state money separate from other sales monies. He wants to kick the second drawer for this transaction. Can this be handled at the POS? Thanks for the help. Ralph. Hi Ralf :-) Do they accept other tender types for these transactions "can I pay with VISA for lottery tickets?" I'm just curious... maybe Vince has some tips :-) I know this isn't the answer you are looking for... but how about at the end of ...

"Sticky" prices for parts in Store Operations
Hi, When we go into store operations, bring up a part and check it's price, then go into another part - RMS seems to "remember" the last part's price. eg. we look at, say, a bolt - it is $3.50, we close that, open up, say, a truck (just an example) - this truck now shows a price of $3.50! In POS where we do the invoices, it has the right price for the truck... but we don't want to do an invoice when just looking up parts for a verbal query. This is a strange one, has anyone else seen this or knows where I can start looking? Thanks, Daniel This issue was fixed...

Operator precedence (order of operate) =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2)
Hi, what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) 1- A1+A2 2- A1/A2 3- A3^5 4- A2*A3 Regards. If it were me, I'd put parens in to ensure I get the calculation I want. "Masood Shahab" <masshahab@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e9d5QwzsFHA.3928@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Hi, > what is the order of operating and calculating in this formula? > =A1/A2*A3^5-(A1+A2) > > 1- A1+A2 > > 2- A1/A2 > > 3- A3^5 > > 4- A2*A3 > > > > Regards. > > > Masood Shahab wrote... &...

You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.
Do you know why is the following message appearings "You cannot perform this operation at the moment.There is an online operation in progress.Please try again later". I have nothing running in the background. I am trying to import a file by downloading from the web and then clicking "Open" button. Some activity is in process, either the one you initiated or another one Money piggy-backed on your request. Money does some auto-processing on imported files, trying to match the file transactions to existing Money transactions. It doesn't let you make any transac...

Form Details In CRM 3.0
Hi All, where does the form information is stored in crm 3.0. Also when we create attributes for entities we give a moer meaningful display name, scheam name and description to the attaributes that we add. i serached the meta database for attribute display names but i couldn't find this. can anyone tell me where i can find them?. thanks, Charith The values for a form field are stored in the yourcompanyname_MSCRM SQL Server database. These values are often spread across several tables. The tables are usually named after the entity they store, and those that end with the word "...

URGENT!!
I created a form in Outlook using the Tools/Forms/Design a form, and I saved some and published others and now I am receiving all my FacSys faxes in that form instead of my regular message form!? I'm not sure how this happened but PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!! How do I revert back to the default on the format for receiving my faxes??? HELP!! :) thank you! Shanda <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created a form in Outlook using the Tools/Forms/Design a > form, and I saved some and published others and now I am > receiving all my FacSys faxes in that form instead ...

OLE Object (pdf doc Files )
Is there a way to extract information from an ole object? I have a form that displays a PDF and a word document as an OLE Object. This is fine on an access form and works well but I require to also provide links to these documents via a web interface. I know that I could and have set up hyperlinks in text fields that work ok but then these do not show the document on the form like the OLE Object. My question is, is there a way to extract the informationj held in the OLE odject (using VBA) so that I can get the system to automatically retrieve the path to the PDF and place it into ...

Operation is not allowed when the object is closed
I seem to be getting this error from the client side of Headquarters quite often, and I can't seem to find any solution online. The MessageBox also says: "(Unhandled Error, state = '7')" Seems to me this could possibly be a programming error, but I'm not sure. Does anyone know of a solution to this problem? Or, does anyone know if this is a problem that they haven't dealt with yet, or at least whether this is a problem I'm supposed to deal with or they are supposed to deal with? "Cribstoteens" wrote: > I seem to be getting this error from t...

Outlook templates #3
When I try to save an email in html format as an outlook template ".oft" it converts it into plain text and I lose all my bullets and formatting. Why is this happening? it didn't used to happen before. I have some older templates where my bullets and formatting is still there. But any new ones I create just get converted into Plain Text when I select create from user templates in file system. Thanks for your help. Ana ...

Spreadsheets as OLE objects
Hello, I have a table in Access and in each record of that table is an Excel worksheet embedded as an OLE object. Copy and paste works in the selected worksheet, but when I try to copy and paste a range of cells from one embedded worksheet to one in another record the information is not passed to the clipboard as I have no paste function. The worksheets are not linked. Do the worksheets have to be linked to a workbook outside of Access? If so, do I then need to programmatically define the path? Thanks in advance for any help Hi Paul3rd, I've just tried to replicate the situation yo...

Printing from the Store Operations Journal
I am trying to print from the store operation manager journal. When I go to print I get a message indicating that: "An error occured while trying to print to the specified printer. Please make sure that you have a printer installed and that it is properly configured before continuing." I get this if I: Click the Print button Click the Page Setup button Press Alt-P (per the help file) I am running RMS 2.0 with SP2 currently installed. Earlier today I had SP3 installed. I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and SP2. I am a tech support person and do no...

Money 2004 illegal operation error
Hi, Recently, about a week ago, whenever I close my Money 2004 program I get an illegal operation error as follows; MSN has caused an invalid page fault in Kernel32.dll at 0167:bff9db61. I have checked everywhere I can think of to find the problem with no results. This only occurs when I close the program. Sometimes when I click close on the error message it goes away and I can continue normally, other times the error message just keeps popping right back and I have to reboot to get rid of it. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling with no luck. I am using Windows 98se and IE 6.0. T...

questionable operation
I have a user with an installation of Windows 2000, Office 2000 with all the latest service packs. Opening Excel first and then opening a .XLS file works as designed. Opening anything else, either from a shortcut or the actual file ends up with not only that file open but a 'Book1' file open as well. Also being opened this way if any change is made to the original file and an attempt to Exit (not just close the file) is made...it asks the usual "Do you want to save changes" message...but then it does not close the file. Both 'Book1' and the original file remain open. ...