The location of C:\Documents and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKE5\file name

I am trying to find out where Outlook 2002 sets the location "C:\Documents
and Settings\User\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKE5\" as the
default for opening up an attachment in an email.  When I have an email with
an attachment and I double click it to open it within the email, the
attachment opens up in the proper application, but if I try to do a save as
it will try to save it to the location mentioned above as a default.

We were having some problems opening a specific rtf attachment that was
being sent daily and nightly to several recipients.  The email attachment
had the same name every time it was sent and the recipient could open it
within the email or save it to a folder location on the c drive.  The
problem we had was that one recipient was suddenly unable to open the
attachment nor could he save it without the following error message coming
up:

"Can't create file: (filename) Right-click the folder you
want to create the file in, and then click properties on
the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the
folder."

We exhausted a search on the internet for this problem.  The results were
not applicable or did not work.  The system is a WinXP, up to date on all
service and security patches, with Office 2002 and not a terminal server.
Some of the articles suggested that it was incompatibility between Outlook
2002 and Word 97 or the temp needed to be cleaned out or the file name was
too long (older versions).  Nothing fixed it and we tried them all.  We
searched for the attachment file name "Bxx-Qxxxx Cxxxxxxxxxxx.rtf" to see if
there were any of the files stored on the computer, to see where the temp
was located on his computer and if a file by the name of the attachment was
there.  The search returned nothing.  We sent other attachments as rtf or
excel or txt and he was able to open them without any errors.

We tried to open another rtf document that was an attachment and then tried
to save it and when we did we saw that there were 99 entries or files named
"Bxx-Qxxxx Cxxxxxxxxxxx.rtf" in the folder in the location mentioned above.
We could not find or see the folder even with the folder view options
changed to hide none and the user with administrative privileges.  We could
only delete the files when we selected them in the save as window and
deleted them there.  Once we deleted them, we were able to open that
specific attachment again.

This does not make any sense to us, but we are trying to find out where the
setting is for the temp folder when opening an attachment within and email
and trying to go from there.  Does anyone have any idea have the default
options are set for this?  Thanks for any help!

0
cyndys (5)

To let everyone know, I did finally find the location in the registry that
designates the temp folder location.  #KB296416 and #KB817878 knowledge base
articles proved very helpfull.  The error message for these two articles had
the word Cannot and not Can't and that was one of the reasons my search was
not turning these articles up to begin with.

"Cyndy Sheehan" <cyndys@tycoplastics.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> to save it and when we did we saw that there were 99 entries or files
named
> "Bxx-Qxxxx Cxxxxxxxxxxx.rtf" in the folder in the location mentioned
above.
> We could not find or see the folder even with the folder view options
> changed to hide none and the user with administrative privileges.  We
could
> only delete the files when we selected them in the save as window and
> deleted them there.  Once we deleted them, we were able to open that
> specific attachment again.
>
> This does not make any sense to us, but we are trying to find out where
the
> setting is for the temp folder when opening an attachment within and email
> and trying to go from there.  Does anyone have any idea have the default
> options are set for this?  Thanks for any help!

6/4/2004 1:55:22 PM
> To let everyone know, I did finally find the location in the registry that
> designates the temp folder location.  #KB296416 and #KB817878 knowledge base
> articles proved very helpfull.  The error message for these two articles had
> the word Cannot and not Can't and that was one of the reasons my search was
> not turning these articles up to begin with.

I am having the same problem with one of my users. I had assumed that
clearing the Tempory Internet Files from the IE > Properties interface
would also clear this subfolder of the Temp folder. However in
practice this folder is not accessable unless specified by command
line.

I would like to have an easy way for the user to clear the
C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\OLKC folder.

Any suggestions? Batch File?

@Echo off
C:
cd Documents and Settings\%UserName%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet
Files\OLKC
Del *.*

????
GJohanns
0
gjohanns (6)

Using User input in excel VBA
I'm supposed to make an invoice of 4 items. Each item needs to have user input for the description, price, and quantity ordered. Then I need to calculate the cost of the 4 items. Then calculate the sales tax at 6%. Then calculate the total cost including sales tax. This needs to be done using VBA code in excel. --I'm curious as to how to prompt the user to give me information. --I'm curious as to how I would use the users input in another cell once they entered it. -- I'm curious also as to how VB will know that something is entered once the user enters something into t...

can't upload documents
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) when i try to upload my resume i get an error message that reads, &quot;only doc,docx,rtf, txt&quot; Is there a way to make this work? obviously i'm not very computer literate and would appreciate any help. Thanks Do what the error message says! On 14/04/10 11:39 AM, in article 59bb6e51.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "bigsexysj@officeformac.com" <bigsexysj@officeformac.com> wrote: > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) when i try to upload my resume i get > an error message that reads, "only doc...

Chart Location
Hi, How to specify the location of a chart in a sheet (The sheet contains 4 charts).The chart location should vary dynamically depending on the values associated with it. Thanks and Regards, Sumathi Sumathi - You need to specify the coordinates and dimensions of the chart's parent chart object, in pixels. With ActiveChart.Parent '' or With ActiveSheet.ChartObjects(1) .Top = 50 .Left = 50 .Height = 175 .Width = 225 End With - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

NDR after user deleted.
Hi, I'm having a problem where when certain people send a meeting request to the same person in our organization, an NDR is returned as followed: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Accepted: Example Sent: 1/10/2005 7:00 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Mystery User on 1/10/2005 7:00 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. <exchange.myserver.local...

Cannot create link for object word doc. Link to file greyed out
I am trying to do the following in a calendar in Outlook 2007. Insert Object (inserting a linkable Word document into the Calendar) Create from File (I select the file and it shows its path on the network) Link to File is greyed out Does anyone know why the Link to File is greyed out. Thanks, Crazyhorse ...

Outlook 2007 Losing Folder View Settings
I think I've found a legitimate bug, but I haven't been able to find any reference to it online anywhere. Seemingly at random, Outlook 2007 is losing the VIEW > CURRENT VIEW setting I've applied (which, in this case is HIDE MESSAGES MARKED FOR DELETION) to my IMAP account. After using Outlook for several hours with everything working fine, I'll delete an email and rather than making it vanish it will show up grayed out and with a line through it - meaning it's been marked for deletion, but not hidden as it's supposed to be. If I look under the CURRENT VIEW se...

DPM 2010 RC co-locate SQL Server
I'm creating a protection group for SQL Server 2005 SP3 (CU8) with DPM 2010 RC. I have about 15-20 small databases and about 10-15 larger databases. When I create the protection group the option to co-locate is checked (and not gray), but when the protection group is created I end up with many 10gb disk partitions. Isn't co-location supposed to prevent that? I read that the default for co-location is 30 databases (how do I increase that?) so I tried hand picking the larger databases from the list rather than the auto option and only using those in my protection group....

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #9
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Routing outbound email from branch back to main for internet delivery
I've originally setup my single domain, exchange 03 organization like this: main office exchange receives all email and routes email to branch office exchange server for those users. Mailboxes for users are on their respective office servers. So I have two routing groups, one going between main and branch and one for branch to main. In each I also have SMTP connectors for outbound internet email. I want to change this so the outbound email from the branch office routes the mail back to the main office and the main office exchange sends out to the internet. I'm not sure how to reco...

Inter-Document Cross-Referencing
I'm writing a book, and each chapter is typeset in a different MS Word 2007 file. It's easy to cross-reference within each document, but, is it possible to cross-reference between chapters? Hi Mohammad, You can reference bookmarks in another file by using the INCLUDETEXT field, which is similar to the REF field, but refers to text in another file. The syntax is {INCLUDETEXT "filename" [bookmark]}. -- Hope this helps, Pesach Shelnitz My Web site: http://makeofficework.com "Mohammad Sadeq Dousti" wrote: > I'm writing a book, and ea...

Macro location
I have a file called PERSONAL.XLS that contains all my macros.It is located in STRARTXLS I had reason to copy that file and an other Excel file to drive A(Floppy) Now every time I try to run a macro the computer looks to drive A. How can I stop this ? Thanks -- Norton Virus checker 2003 says this email is clean First off, you should never copy files from Excel to a floppy - it gives too many problems because of the way Excel uses its temporary file. The file can get corrupted. Save to our hard drive and copy from there. The change of location is "a feature not a bug" <grin>...

PST files causing freezing
using Windows ME. I have maybe 7,000 msgs in Outlook. Spaced out among many archive folders (jan-march 03, march-may03 etc.) The other day I backed everything up to a PST and it did it fine. However, now it is causing some problems when I try to use OUtlook. In my folders list, I can see the "Personal Folders" list at the top, but when I try to click on it (or if I try to import or export), the entire system freezes up. It then takes about 3 reboots to even get Outlook to open back up. I've tried opening it in safe mode and the same thing happens. I can use Outloo...

Selecting position on desktop of new document
Is there a way to tell Word 2007 where to open a new document? I have a widescreen monitor and if I have Word open on the right side of the screen, but all new word documents want to open on the left. Can I force Word to open new docs anywhere else? Rather than saving all your documents on the Desktop, save them in My Documents and create sub-folders for different document types, e.g. Letters, Forms. -- Richard Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com "madkiwi" wrote: > Is there a way to tell Word 2007 where to open a new document...

User seeing each other accounts
I'm having problem where our users can randomly see each others account. There don't see to be any logic to which account are visible to others users which ones are not. I've been able to trace the problem down to invalid SecurityDescriptor in the AccountBase table, but I have no idea on how to isolate the invalid Descriptors nor do I know how to fix them. Help!! is this crm 1.2 or 3.0? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "ghost" <ghost@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uwd$z9wbGHA.1264@T...

Location Availability
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to setup a location or user for a location so that when people schedule meetings they can see if the area they want to hold the meeting in is available. For example we have a meeting room and a showroom, so I want people to be able to check the availability of these rooms directly in outlook when creating a meeting request. Thank you. I've seen it done with Outlook -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Tim" <Myemail@here.com> wrote in message news:11n7egikgheercc@corp.supernews.com... > Can anyone tell me if it i...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #8
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...

Documents for Both A4 and Letter
Need help; I want to create multi-page documents that are identical in A4 and Letter. Is there a way to have "floating" margins, opr something else that will help this? We are combining our technical documents in North America and Europe, and when I change back and forth from A4 to Letter, I get different number of pages, etc.. that I cannot live with. Microsoft Word 2003 Any help would be great! Thanks -- Craig This may be almost impossible to resolve, see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm You *may* be able to set the conditions for each do...

Exchange design for 200-user company
I recently inherited a messy but stable Exchange environment. The primary server (Exchange 2003) is one of our 2003 domain controllers, and the so-called secondary (Exchange 2000) does nothing but serve as another MX record and hosts the replication site for our 200+ public folders (~2.5G). A server was purchased in December as a dedicated Exchange 2003 server, but it has sat in the rack doing nothing until this week when I added a 200G drive array to it and started trying to configure Exchange to use the array. The company has been on Exchange almost 2 years and has created ~30G of data. My...

Default Excel as Read Only File
How could I default excel workbook as READ ONLY? Give me your hand. Thanks, George George, When saving your workbook: File > Save As In the dialogue box, click on the down arrow next to Tools Choose General Options From here you can set a password to prevent users modifying your workbook or tick the "read-only recommended" box if you want to warn users that the workbook should be opened read-only. "George" wrote: > How could I default excel workbook as READ ONLY? Give me your hand. > > Thanks, > > George > > Hi, BOO: Thanks for the ...

Chart Location Choice
I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot select the chart location. The only one allowed is "As new sheet". The alternate ""As object in" is ghosted out! what did I do wrong?? I have checked tools-option? I disabled macros? Is the sheet protected, preventing insertion of any objects. Regards, Peter T "Geoff" <Geoff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:598ADFDC-9F61-40F0-AB4A-08023022BB9F@microsoft.com... >I have one spreadsheet with lots of charts but for some reason I cannot > select the chart...

How to bring non Word documents to Word 2007 in the same format
Hi, I think I am a very bright guy(two doctorates), but admit I am computer iliterate in certain areas. I would like to bring some legal documents to 2007 Word in the same format that they are in and highlight certain sentences for emphasis. When I bring such a legal document to Word 2007 it only shows the sentences of the actual legal document but not even looking closely like the original document. I heard that the OCR makes this impossible to do and if that is the case then I am left with taking a yellow highlighter and highlighting these sentences myself and then making copie...

Log backup file is larger than the .ldf file
My transaction log has a fixed size of 2 GB. Every once in a while our transaction log .trn backup files can be 15 GB or larger. Prior to recent weeks, I had assumed that the .trn file would never be larger than the actual ..ldf log file. I guess the fact that it is happening must be normal - but could someone explain this? Thanks in advance. -Mark If you use the bulk-logged recovery model and do anything that is minimally logged, what SQL Server does is just log the extents that are changed (that is, just which extents, NOT the contents of each extent). This allows the ...

Scatter Chart Axis as text in C# Web appl
Hi, I've created a Scatter Chart in OWC11 in C# and the X axis must display dates instead of numbers, I do it using the code below: .... string x= "10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/2/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/5/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/6/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/7/2004 12:00:00 AM\t10/8/2004 12:00:00 AM\t"; string y = 1\t2\t76\t67\t...."; objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData(OWC11.ChartDimensionsEnum.chDimCategories, (int)OWC11.ChartSpecialDataSourcesEnum.chDataLiteral, "Scatter Charts Series 1"); objChart.SeriesCollection[0].SetData (OWC11.ChartDimensi...

I cannot import a word document in to Publisher
"mcattlin" <mcattlin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB9A5204-71E7-4B21-8686-F09F7BA1404A@microsoft.com... > Well gee you may need an import license or something. Or if you want some help a few details IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE would be nice. Clues!!! Error Message Pub Version? Word Version? OS Version? Error Message? Method:- Copy paste? Error Message? -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? I can. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranti...

Win XP Home Money 2002 -- new XP user account -- repeatedly installs
Money 2002 cam bundled with the HP computer and installed itself when we first got started. Many months later, I've decided to stop using a single logon (desktop) and added new XP user-ids for the kid so they wouldn't fight over the desktop. Each time they logon, Money 2002 tries to install itself (customize itself for a new user?) and asks for a CD we can't seem to find (since HP put everything on a recovery partition and didn't ship any CDs...). We cancel the install (MSIEXEC) and seconds later it start all over again. We can't get out of this loop! PS: Office also ...