The information store could not be

Windows XP & Outlook 2002

Worked fine until I installed remote computing software
that uses Outlook to get my work email into Outlook using
Microsoft Exchange Server. Now, when I try to
SEND/RECEIVE (when not connected to my corporate
network), I get "The information store could not be
opened."

Can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to
get access to my non-work email accounts now?!

Thanks

- Neil

"Neil McCauley" <flipsidetothatcoin@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP & Outlook 2002
>
> Worked fine until I installed remote computing software
> that uses Outlook to get my work email into Outlook using
> Microsoft Exchange Server. Now, when I try to
> SEND/RECEIVE (when not connected to my corporate
> network), I get "The information store could not be
> opened."
>
> Can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to
> get access to my non-work email accounts now?!
>
> Thanks
>
> - Neil

Probably because when you are offline (or otherwise not connected to
your employer's network, sometimes using VPN), you cannot get to their
Exchange server.  You probably now have an e-mail account that is
defined to connect to an Exchange server, and it is telling you that you
cannot connect to that Exchange server.

One solution is to NOT include your Exchange-based e-mail account in
Outlook in a send/receive mail poll.  Tools -> Send/Receive Settings ->
Define Send/Receive Groups -> select whichever group contains your
Exchange e-mail account -> Edit -> select the Exchange-based e-mail
account -> Clear the "Include account ..." option.  Now this e-mail
account will not get included in the scheduled or manual Send/Receive
mail polls (that include all *enabled* accounts), but you will get
e-mails for all the other accounts that were left included in general
mail polls.  You will have to use Tools -> Send/Receive and select the
Exchange-based e-mail account when you are actually connected to your
employer.

If, however, you do much more e-mailing through work than you do through
your personal e-mail accounts, you could reverse this and include only
the Exchange-based e-mail account in mail polls and not include the
others.  Then Send/Receive would do a mail poll only for your
Exchange-based e-mail account (provided you are connected to your
employer's network) and you would have to do manual mail polls for your
personal e-mail accounts.  You choose which is/are your primary e-mail
account(s), include them in general mail polls, and not include those
that need manual polling under different a different communications
environment.

First of all, thanks for your help. I figured out the
problem, but the solution shows what I think is a flaw in
Outlook.

The problem was that I wanted my work email to reside on
my corporate LAN email server, not my personal PC. SO, I
changed the the "location" to which new email is
delivered to be the corporate LAN.

That worked fine for when I was connected to that LAN
through the VPN. However, when not connected,
that "information store" was not available, so there was
no way to deliver new email there.

The flaw is that I want my personal POP3 email delivered
to my personal email folder (outlook.pst) and my
Microsoft Exchange Server business email to reside on the
corporate LAN.

I solved the problem by resetting the delivery location
to my personal .PST folder. Too bad I can't have it both
ways.

Or can I? Any thoughts? And... thanks again.

- Neil

software"?  VNC?
>Outlook Web Access? PC Anywhere? What?  Almost
impossible to provide
>help on unidentified software.
>
>Do you use a VPN (virtual private network) connection to
work (which you
>should NOT be using for your personal accounts not on
your employer's
>network)?
>
>From what I've gathered from searching for "information
store" on
>Outlook 2002 at http://support.microsoft.com, this term
can apply to
>your local .pst file or to your Exchange mailbox, so it
is a vague
>reference.  So it appears your "information store"
[mailbox] on the
>Exchange server is okay and you can open it, but
your "information
>store" [.pst file] cannot be opened for you personal
POP/SMTP e-mail
>accounts.
>
>Right-click on the root folder in the tree view (usually
marked "Outlook
>Today"), click Properties, click Advanced, and see where
is your .pst
>file. Or, alternatively, use the File -> Data File
Management menu.  In
>Explorer, check the properties of that file, like making
sure it is NOT
>read-only.  Also check its permission to make sure that
you are granted
>permission to read *and* write to that .pst file.  Check
that you have
>permissions when logged on locally under your username
and when you are
>logged on under your company's domain.  That is, login
using your local
>username (or Administrator) and make sure your local
security allows you
>permission to read and write this .pst file.  Then
connect to your
>company, maybe through a VPN or whatever is this "remote
computing
>software", and login under their domain using whatever
is your username
>and password there, and then check your permissions
under that domain
>give your read and write access to your local .pst
file.  Your local
>login and your domain logins, even if they use the same
username, are
>NOT the same login; username "johndoe" for a local login
is not the same
>user as username "johndoe" under your "mycompany" domain
login (i.e.,

> First of all, thanks for your help. I figured out the
> problem, but the solution shows what I think is a flaw in
> Outlook.
>
> The problem was that I wanted my work email to reside on
> my corporate LAN email server, not my personal PC. SO, I
> changed the the "location" to which new email is
> delivered to be the corporate LAN.
>
> That worked fine for when I was connected to that LAN
> through the VPN. However, when not connected,
> that "information store" was not available, so there was
> no way to deliver new email there.
>
> The flaw is that I want my personal POP3 email delivered
> to my personal email folder (outlook.pst) and my
> Microsoft Exchange Server business email to reside on the
> corporate LAN.
>
> I solved the problem by resetting the delivery location
> to my personal .PST folder. Too bad I can't have it both
> ways.
>
> Or can I? Any thoughts? And... thanks again.
>
> - Neil

I don't think so.  One of my wishes for Outlook was to be able to select
which profile was the active one based on which connection was currently
active.  If I was connected using the connectoid defined for my
company's VPN, I wanted to use one profile.  If I was connected to my
ISP, I wanted to use a different profile.  Not doable.  In your case,
you want e-mail delivered to a different "information store" depending
on which connection you were using: one for when you use the VPN
connectoid and a different one when connected otherwise.

Unfortunately, Outlook will only let you select to which .pst file
(information store) ALL of your incoming e-mails get delivered to.
Tools -> Email Accounts, select an information store (i.e., which .pst
file) in the "Deliver new e-mail to the following location".  You don't
get to assign any conditions on that selected information store.  You
only get to pick one information store (.pst file) to which all your
incomings e-mails get delivered.  This sucks.

HTTP e-mail accounts, like for Hotmail, actually get their own separate
..pst file and incoming e-mails go that information store instead of to
your default one (used and shared by all POP e-mail accounts in
Outlook).  So Microsoft does know how to use separate information stores
and deliver e-mails to them separately.  They just haven't provided an
option to do the same for POP e-mail accounts.  If instead of an HTTP
e-mail account for Hotmail, I used Hotmail Popper to give me POP access
to Hotmail, then that "Hotmail" POP e-mail account would also have its
e-mails show up with all the other POP e-mail accounts in the one Inbox.
You can have multiple .pst files open in Outlook (which I do so I can
see and search through my auto-archive .pst file) but only one of them
gets used for all POP e-mail accounts, the one you select in the
"Deliver new e-mail to the following location".  I'd like to have one
information store for my Hotmail accounts (when and if Microsoft ever
decides to support more than one) and have all Hotmail e-mails delivered
there (which is what they do now).  I'd like to have a separate
information store for all my Yahoo accounts (which I access using POP
through YahooPOPs) and have all those e-mails delivered to the Inbox in
that information store.  I'd like to have a separate information store
for all my e-mail accounts with my ISP and have all those e-mails
delivered to the Inbox in that information store.  Then I wouldn't
bother with the stupidity of using color coding based on e-mail account
to demark within my Inbox from which account an e-mail originated.
Instead they would be separated into their own individual information
stores.

But, alas, tis all jus wishful thinking.  I don't bother with beta
software (in my personal life) and we have no time nor need to evaluate
Outlook 2003 at work, so I don't know if they fix this deficiency in
their latest version.

Paid Invoices information
which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the amount paid , payment type and check#? In payables, PM30200 is the paid invoices. PM30300 contains the apply to information. You'll need both tables. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Bab" wrote: > which table/s contain paid invoices and what are the field names for the > amount paid , payment type and check#? The table PM30200 contains both invoices and payment records. As Charles noted, the table PM30300 contains apply to information, how much of a payment was applied to an invoice. One recor...

FREE INFORMATION
hI, I have a close freind who bought a e-book from a site, he told me it was www.howididit.tk he says he now makes between =A36000-=A37000 a month, it can't be that bad he has bought a new car and is always throwing his money around he says it can be done from anywhere in the world thought i would give it a go........ let me know what you think marie ...

Information store stops unexpectedly
I have Windows NT 4.0 SP6 it is PDC and Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and ScanMail V 3.51. Two or three times per week information store stops with out reason In the Event Wiever I can see only these messages. How can I find what are reason for stoping information store. Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type: Error Category: Monitoring Description: Unexpected error «0xc0040000 – Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no:80040115-0514-000006bf» occurred Event ID: 1005 Source: MSExchangeSA Type...

Retrieving Account Information By Id

Store.exe process faulting
Recently the store.exe has been faulting with this error.. Source:Application Error Event ID: 1000 Faulting application store.exe, version 6.5.7638.2, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.3790.1830, fault address 0x00026f76. I've seen posts that range from a malformed message to database corruption. The nightly online defragmentations run w/o any errors. Also I've exported out all the mailboxes via ExMerge successfully w/o ANY errors (My understanding is if there is a corrupt message, exporting will reveal it). I've combed the W3SVC1 logs (as we have some Entourage/ActiveSync/...

System information using MFC and WMI???
Hi all I have to extract some system information using MFC and WMI. I have extracted some information like Add/Remove Programs, Network, username, computer name, Processor Information, hard disks attached. But for some information i have to use WMI. How i can use the WMI for getting information about system hardware. Please help me by giving sample examples. Thanks and Regards ...

Pull contact information from email message body
Hi all not sure if this is the right place to go for this question , but i would realy appreciate any help. Is there a way or a program out there that can pull contact info from inside the message body of an email. for instance we have a lot of emails ( a lot) that have soandso@person.com want to join list inside the message itself and we were wondering if there was a plug in tht can sift through the emails and pull each email address that it finds into a list or or contact list of some sort. so we can import it into another program. even if we could just get it into csv that would be fine, we...

Change information
Hi! How do i change the license information in Outlook XP. In help\about microsoft office outlook there is a name in "This program is licensed to" and i want to change that but i dont know how. // Jarno ...

Add information from Invoice Module to RM Smartlist
Currently there is no Smartlist for Invoicing Module transactions, so customers must use the RM Transaction smartlist to capture information on these documents. It would be helpful if users could add columns from the invoicing module to this view. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

To print the selected information from the form along with other information
Hello, I have a form called "New Proposal".I enter the data in the form and hit the submit button to enter it into the table for new proposal.Now I want to print out a letter with some of the fields information entered on the form along with some fixed data that should be there on it always. the letter goes like this To Dept Of Research and Graduate Education,---------fixed College of Pharmacy------------------------------------------fixed Date Recd-----------------------------------from the present data entered in form ( as u know changes from one entry to other PAF#-------------...

Moving the Mailbox Store in Exchange 2003
I have used the Exchange System manager to move the log files and the streaming database file (priv1.esm) to a new, larger drive but when I tell the system to move priv1.edb the sytem copies the file, says it is at 100% and then just spins, never finishing the database entry and re-mounting the store. I look and find the file now in 2 places and the System Manager still has the entry referencing the original location. I can then re-mount the store at its original location and things run fine. Is there a way to dismount the store, copy it to the new location and then manually chang...

Cannot import send/receive dates for emails stored in Access (.mdb) file
I have some mdb (Access format) database files with thousands of emails extracted from couple of Yahoo groups forums. I'd like to import these into my Outlook 2003 PST so that I can search and read them offline. The mdb files contain all the fields necessary for a proper email import, including from_name from_email subject receive_date receive_time message (HTML format) When I use the Outlook "Import and Export Wizard", selecting Access file type, etc., all appears fine. However, after the import completes, in Outlook there is no date information populated under either sent ...

Server Information
When you go to set up your outlook what do you put for the server information it asks? it says something about POP3 an SMTP?? what are those???? The are servers that are responsible for holding the e-mail of many users (pop3) and routing from one company to another (smtp). What you put in each is what your internet service provider has provided to you when you signed up to access the internet. "LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF" <LiL_mZ_mIsChEiF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A07EF971-BD92-4EBD-8D3C-538B3277E459@microsoft.com... > When you go to set up your outlook w...

window information
Hi, Is there any free utility available on net which can show the the window name and window class name if the mouse cursor is put on a perticular window. Thanks, Cric. Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you the details you are looking for. ------ Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Ajay Man thanks your tip was very helpful. Thanks Cric Ajay Kalra wrote: > Have you tried using Spy++ that ships with VC++? That should give you > the details you are looking for. > > ------ > Ajay Kalra > ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Converting a column of information into a row of information
I was curious if anyone knew of a way to convert a column into a row Essentially we receive a spreadsheet a few times a month that has a fe columns of information. Our database however can only accept cs uploads and they have to follow a very strict template. In order t properly upload the data that we are receiving I would need to turn columns into rows (or optimally into a single cell with each piece o data from that column separated by a comma). Our template works as follows. We have rows for contact name, address phone number, ect... At the end of the spreadsheet there are 3 column in w...

Exporting to Quickbooks
After a week of trying different settings and tweaking the GL account table to get things to post, we finally got all our batches posted to Quickbooks. What we are missing however is the PO information. I thought the PO's would show up as Bills in quickbooks. Is there something I'm missing? Thanks. Matt, You need to create a different account for accounts payable. The default is 2100, just use 2101 or whatever. To post in the original 2100 QB's requires too much info that RMS doesn't pass through, so you will keep getting errors. Exact directions on ho...

Faulting application store.exe.
Dear MVPs. Currently we have an Exchange server 2003 Enterprise Edition. Running on Windows server 2003 R2 Standard Edition. This was a brand new server using HP DL 380 G4. and was updates using windows update. we also install McAfee 8.7i Enterprise Edition using EPo. This server was intentionaly prepared for replacing the old one that was an Exchange server 2003 Enterprise Edition and running on Windows server 2003 Enterprise Edition on a HP DL 380 G2 After the instalation we began moving mailboxes from the old server to the new one. after some mailbox moved the error b...

Gradebook template-- How to print one student information
Prints 5 pages when have only small amount of information np2 Wrote: > Prints 5 pages when have only small amount of information Hi Np2 Try File > Page Setup > Page Tab >Click fit to 1 page wide by 1 page long Or File > Page Setup > Sheet Tab and set Print Are -- Paul Sheppar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=46764 ...

information store will not mount
from server properties, directory access tab I changed the "configuration domain controller" server by removing the check for automatically discover servers. I have seven domain controllers two at the main site and five at remote locations. The two at the main site hold all fsmo's. The "configuration domain controller" was set (automatically) to serverA at my main site. I changed it to serverB at my main site and was then able to mount the store. When I changed the setting back to automatically discover servers the setting (automatically) set itself back to serve...

E-mail messages are missing information when you reply to or forward them in Outlook
I have Exchange 2003 and my staff r using outlook 2003. Sometimes when a staff reply or forward an e-mail the contents of the original e-mail disappear from the body of the e-mail. It only shows the header of the original e-mail. This does not happen all the time and it does not happen to all staff members. Do you think this is a client or server issue? Any idea? Please advice, Thanks, I think it's a client issue. Exchange doesn't mess with message content in general. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral proble...

Store.exe unstable
Hi, I posted a message here about a week ago concerning our 5.5 server and the fact that the store.exe process crashes repeatedly and often. I received a great response with several ideas to try out. Unfortunately none of those ideas have helped to fix our problem. Please allow me to summarize... Exchange 5.5 SP4 NT 4.0 SP6a (with all hotfixes) The database is only about 4GB and there is no anti-virus software on this server. (one of the suggestions was that AV may cause a memory leak) Several hours after a restart store.exe is using 750MB of memory. That is over 3/4 the total ...

How do I pull information from multiple existing spreadsheets int.
I need to pull information from multiple spreadsheets into a new spreadsheet to develop a monthly recap. Maybe using formulas that point at the specific cells you want brought back??? JJohn wrote: > > I need to pull information from multiple spreadsheets into a new spreadsheet > to develop a monthly recap. -- Dave Peterson Do it the same way you reference cells on the same worksheet. In Sheet1, a reference to cell A1 on Sheet2, will look like Sheet2!A1. "JJohn" wrote: > I need to pull information from multiple spreadsheets into a new spreadsheet > to develo...

Transfering information to the next free cell in a column
I'm trying to set up a worksheets to track the spending of two people by amount and category. Since it's the shared expenses of two people I'm trying to keep track of who each purchase was made by (so a person 1 total, person 2 total). QUESTION Is there a way for an expense that is in a certain category to be transfered to the next available cell in a column? BACKGROUND I set it up by making one sheet for input and one to display the information. The input having columns for person/category/amount and the display showing columns for categories and each person's total...

Permission issue on Public Store
I cannot seem to change the permissions on my Public Store folders on my Exchange 2003 Server. I get the error "The modified permissions could not be saved. The client operation failed." when I try to change the permissions to the folder via outlook or by going into the Exchange Manager on the server and changing the "Client Permissions" on the folder. I recently had to restore the Exchange server and it was a complicated fix so I am not sure if I did something to the Security on the server. As an Administrator I can Add, Delete, and Save items as well as create f...

Getting the information from a Combo Box and show a information
I have a table with 2 fields: server vss Now I need to create a form that show me the vss based on the server selected (a server can have more than one VSS). I added a combo box on Form Header showing the field server. Now I need to create a event (After Update) to show me the VSS relationed to the selected server on Form Detail. I want to show as a spreadsheet. Does anybody know how do I accomplish this task? ...