the form required to view this message cannot be displayed

I get this message when I try to open an email attachment
in Outlook 2000. I got about 15 different emails
w/attachments from different people and I can not open
them. I get the following error: "the form required to
administrator."

When I extract the message to my desktop and open it from
there, I can open the attachment.

Has anyone come across this problem? It is really
annoying.

Please help. Thank you.

0
anonymous (74722)

how find email sender? (virus notification message)
Hello, We are having virus notification message sent to a whole list of people at the same domain ... I get a notificaiton of this from administrator@ etc and can get some details from Exchange (2000) but cannot see hwo to find out who is actually sending the email itself. How do I do this? By the way Exchange seems to be correctly configured to not allow relaying. Cheers Geoff On Mon, 09 May 2005 08:01:17 +0100, Geoff Cox <> wrote: More info re this problem - 1. At home, I get lots of emails from MDaemon@abc.co.uk (which have been sent to adminstrator@ourdomain.com and forwarde...

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

MFC and MM_ messages
I am building a MDI MFC application which basically monitors and processes audio input. I am assuming that the document class should read the audio device. I need some help figuring out how to add MM_WIM_OPEN message into MFC message map. Can anybody point me to some reading material please. Use standard massage map mechanism. For example, if you have class CSoundCodec : public CWinThread then use BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CSoundCodec, CWinThread) //{{AFX_MSG_MAP(CSoundCodec) // NOTE - the ClassWizard will add and remove mapping macros here. ON_THREAD_MESSAGE(MM_WIM_OPEM, OnInOpen) ON_TH...

Force encoding when replying or forwarding message
Does anybody know, how to force an encoding for messages, when replying or forwarding. I would like to use UTF-8 for all outgoing messages, but when a user receives a message with Western European encoding and hits forward the encoding stays the same regardless of outlook international settings. It is verry annoying to manually specify encoding on each message when replying or forwarding. Environment: Outlook 2003, Exchange 2000. Thanks. Fluke <notmymail@not-mail.com> wrote: > Does anybody know, how to force an encoding for messages, when > replying or forwarding. I wou...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Delivered messages location changed
I have a user who is recieving this error message whe he opens outlook. The location messages are delivered to has changed for this user profile. To complete this operation you may need to copy the contents of the old outlook folder. For information about how to complete the changes of your mail delivery location, see microsoft outlook help. Some of the shortcuts on the outlook bar may no longer work. Do you want to recreate your shortcuts? all shortcuts you have created will be removed. Then you can choose either Yes or No. I told yhe user to select no for now until I can fiqure thi...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

visual basic has stopped working error message
I hope this is the discussion group for VB6. I have a vb6 project with crystal report 8.5. In the program once i click on RDC to open a report in design view I got this "Visual basic has stopped working" message comes up and I have to closed out visual basic. It always happens when I tried to open the report designer. I can run or compile the program fine without opening reports. My computer is vista home with SP2. Any suggestions? "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7F6B7C3-A847-43EF-A1C5-B300428EDC68@microsoft.com.....

After renaming a mailbox, Outlook only shows Inbox messages upto the name change time.
Hello, Having a weird problem. I renamed a mailbox-enabled functional account in active directory (display name, last name, DN) but I didn't change the Exchange alias. Now when I add the mailbox as a delegate to my folder list in Outlook, it only shows mail upto the time of the name change in the Inbox. If I click on File - Open other user's folder and choose the Inbox that way, it shows all the mail. Any idea? I've done all the obvious things like creating a new profile, deleting the forms cache, but no change. Outlook 2003/XP with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. ...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

How to show scroll bars only if actually required
Hi All, Is there a way to automatically show scroll bars on a multi line edit control only if they are actually required? i.e. If the text is small enough to fit in the edit box, don't show scroll bars and if the text doesn't fit show the appropriate scroll bars (i.e. vertical, horizontal or both). Of course I'd like this to be all automatic and not have to recalculate the size of the text myself every time the user adds or delete a character. Thanks JB ...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

outlook new message has no subject
The subject line is not there when I create a new message in outlook so recipients get an email from me with no subject. Of course it has no subject until you put one in. Explain what you are = doing to expect a subject line prefilled. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, LSA1019 asked: | The subject line is not there when I create a new message in outlook | so recipients get an email from me with no subject. D...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

How to backup/copy public folders and other messages manually ?
I want to copy public folders and other messages inboxes every alternate day because I do not trust tape backup. What services do i need to stop and how and then what folders/files do I need to copy across ? May be I can put all instructions in a dos batch file and run it every other day. I would really appreciate if someone please help. Thanks What version Exchange? if it's 5.5, you'll need to stop the Information Store, and I can't believe anyone is going to be very happy about that...if it's 2000/2003, you'd need to dismount the mailbox or public store that...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

PC Equation obects not displaying in Powerpoint and Word
I'm using the student edition of Office on a 15" (titanium) powerbook running MacOS 10.4 and I'm having trouble viewing Powerpoint and Word files (created on a Windoze PC). It does not display Equation objects. Although there is a workaround (double clicking these objects to open them in Equation and then closing Equation) it is not practical for the hundreds of equations the files contain! Powerpoint is also failing to display some pictures. There doesn't appear to be a workaround for this, but it's not such a big problem as the vast majority of pictures display OK. Doe...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...