test emails not working

I've just set up my email account but cant get anything to work.

I've got the following error messages:

The sever was found but there was not response.
0
mannie (1)

Have you checked with your ISP to ensure the account settings are correct?
Have you tried deleting and recreating your accounts?  Also, when posting a
question about Outlook, it is essential you post your version (from the
description, it sounds like you are using 2002 or 2003).

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, mannie asked:

| I've just set up my email account but cant get anything to work.
|
| I've got the following error messages:
|
| The sever was found but there was not response.

0
millys7517 (85)

Block specific outbound email recipients
I would like to block outbound mail to a specific recipient. For example: I have a user that likes to use email to chat with her friend. I can block the incoming mail from the friend, but how can I block the outbound mail from my user to her friend? This is on Exchange 2003 standard. I also have Symantec antivirus for exchange and a watchguard firewall. The internal user should still be able to send mail to other external users. Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks Create a Contact with the friend's address as targetAddress, configure the Contact to not receive email from an...

ANOVA procedures and t-test equal variance
In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal variances. One of the assumptions that is made in both the "standard t test" and ANOVA is that the variances are equal. Yet, Excel seems to have no test for homoscedasicity (oh what a cool word). How do you know these procedures are ok to use if you have not checked the assumption of equal variances? Noosa - > In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a > t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal vari...

Exchange Email being routed through second server
I have two servers, one in NY and one in CA. The NY server is my main server. They are both exchange 2003, NY is SP2, CA isn't . My problem is that email is supposed to go out from NY and we have noticed that a good bulk of it is going out from the CA server. We tell that by viewing the headers. Now I want it my email to keep going out from our NY location, but I am stumped on where to start looking right now. Is it a relay issue or does exchange just pick it's outgoing server ramdomly. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated. If you want all e-mail to go out via the NY server,...

Missing Emails
Could anyone make helpful comment please. Of late some emails have not arrived. I use Orange but my address is the old ( fsnet.co.uk) I also use OE6 I check both my Webmail & OE and the missing items not shown. They have no filter to block them and not in junk folder also. Some have been from my Local Council and some from individuals, most mails get through but replies are the weak link at times. I've renewed folders in OE in case corrupt. Are some companies blacklisted ? or is it server problems. Regards Roger Speaking only from personal experience--my ISP cha...

test of wizard
-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f61980a5-9a9d-4399-8044-95f7dc1810...

Printing an email message without printing recipient info
Outlook 2000 - Emails from govt agencies contain long lists of recipient email addresses. I want to PRINT the email showing only the message and who it came "from" ( but NOT all those it went "to"). Thanks for helping! Highlite desired section, go to print click selection & print. "QP" wrote: > Outlook 2000 - Emails from govt agencies contain long lists of recipient > email addresses. I want to PRINT the email showing only the message and who > it came "from" ( but NOT all those it went "to"). Thanks for helping! ...

Works Way too slow
Money uses 100% of my CPU time to do anything. I tried to archive transactions and that didn't help. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Wblackbu wrote: >Money uses 100% of my CPU time to do anything. I tried to archive >transactions and that didn't help. Any suggestions? The archive file is a copy of your Money file at the time that you did the archive. You could copy that to a new *.mny filename and open it. Use that as your Money file. It won't help the speed, but it can restore your lost transactions. See FAQ available at http://umpmfaq.info for other inform...

Duplicate email from POP3
We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as the POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. Recently, one of the employees receives the same email twiceat the same time. Are there guide line for trouble shooting? news.microsoft.com <warren.liu@msa.hinet.net> wrote: > We use Exchange2003 on a windows 2000 server and use Outlook 2003 as > the POP3 client. We do notuse MAPI to connect to the Exchange server. > Recently, one of the employees receives the same email twiceat the > same time. Are there guide line for trouble sho...

Hit testing
I'm trying to implement client area hit testing in a MDI application. In my document, I have a list of graphic objects (e.g. polygons) that are displayed in the view. The list can get pretty long, so the hit test algorithm needs to be fairly efficient. My first attempt at this was to add HitTest(CPoint) function to the graphic object class. In this function I created a Region and then tested it. Something like... int CPolygon::HitTest(CPoint Point) { CRgn Rgn; Rgn.CreatePolygonRgn(PointList.GetData(), PointList.GetSize(), WINDING); if (Rgn.PtInRegion(Point)) ...

Insert Clip Art into Email
I'm having an issue inserting clip art into a new email in Outlook 2010. If you go to the Insert menu and choose Clip Art, do a search to find the clip art you want, when you insert it, it inserts a html attachment instead of the actual picture. Then if you click on the attachment, it opens a blank html document. You still don't see your picture. That was not the result in Outlook 2007. In 2007, it would insert the picture. Is anyone else seeing this or does someone have a workaround for it? ...

ignore -- testing
Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". just testing "joeu2004" <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:812e733c-2d95-4174-8a3d-d08ecc672145@e17g2000prj.googlegroups.com... Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". testing a...

Outlook EMail problem
All, we have a newly built CRM Server with CRM v1.2, SQL2000 (and appropriate SP) on a Windows2003 server. Our Exchange2003 server is Windows2000 Advanced Server. We have an end user who is just beginning to use this product (I believe this was installed on his Windows2000 desktop with Office 2000 about a week ago). He says that he created a CRM contact with the same name as his Exchange mailbox (i.e. - "John Doe"). Since then he cannot send internal or external emails via Outlook. He can however send emails using our Web Client email. This user has since deleted the C...

Ability to add graphics and pictures to email templates
Need to be able to add pictures and graphics to email templates. Sending just text is not enough. Thank you, Yael Kasan ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=930f...

Problems Sending Email While Syncing Offline
I use Outlook 2000 SP-3 and work offline. I have the quicksync set up for my email to run every 10 minutes, and it works fine when messages are already in my Outbox ready to go. However, if I create an email and hit Send while the sync process is running, the email gets locked in the Outbox and I need to run the Inbox repair tool. Any ideas? Thank you. ...

email address tooltip
One one of my Outlook 2003 systems I can hover over an email address in the message header and Outlook will display information for that contact such as phone number and schedule availability. But on another system this doesn't work. I can't seem to find any settings to enable/disable this feature. Does anyone know how to get this to work? Thanks in advance. "=?Utf-8?B?Qm9ibA==?=" <Bobl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:9039FFDB-A975-42C4-A3F7-E002E4DADC26@microsoft.com: > One one of my Outlook 2003 systems I can hover over an email address > in the...

view attached pictures within the body of the email
I have upgraded from ouutlook express to outlook. In outlook express any attached photos would be displayed at the bottom of the e-mail message. Is this possible within outlook? Many thanks MMouse99 wrote: > I have upgraded from ouutlook express to outlook. In outlook express any > attached photos would be displayed at the bottom of the e-mail message. Is > this possible within outlook? It's not possible unless you get a third party plug-in. However, if pictures were sent using inline HTML, then it will display on the preview pane or when you open up the message. -- A...

Bookmark code not working in Access 2007
I have a database that tracks accidents. There are about 800 employees. Each employee in the employee table called, "tblEmployees" has an id number (this is the primary key - called EmpNumber, data type is text). This table is related to a table called, "tblAccidentInvestData". The related foreign key field in this table is called, "EMPNUM". The primary key in tblAccidentInvestData is called, "AccidentInvestID". A main data entry form called, "frmInputAccidentInvest" has a subform called, "subfrmAccidentInvest". This subform puts...

Formatting and loss of emails/contacts/etc?
Hi folks, Have to format and reinstall everything ... XP PRO/OFFICE 02 PRO ... I have emails/contacts/etc that I would like to be able take with me when I reinstall ... I can save copies of Excel/Word files to another hardrive. Is there a painless way of saving Outlook email/contact/etc files? Thanks in advance, Debbie The file you need to back up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Just copy and reuse this file after you reformat. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/c...

Testing an Exchange backup
Hello everyone I have been backing up my Exchange database (SBS 2003) using an online backup with the NTBackup utility, and everything appears to be working fine: backup files created in the right place at the right time, and a log file saying that the backup was successful. However, I would like to make sure that the backup has worked by using it to restore data. My problem is I want to be absolutely sure that if everything goes wrong and I can't restore, that I won't lose any data. I wonder whether the following plan would work? 1. Dismount my databases. 2. Rename my priv1.e...

Moving Gmail Acct to Outlook? Passes Test but won't work Why/Fix?
I have followed the directions on the gmail page on moving my acct to outlook. It passes the test and yet does not work. What gives? How do I fix? Is this some weirdness between google and microsoft. Any suggestions? Help! Could you be a little more specific? What doesn't work? Does it send? Doesn't receive? Do you get any error messages? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct r...

Rule Wizard puts same email is each account
Hi, At home we use the Rules Wizard because we have 5 people using the same ending address, but its different through the name i.e. karl@isp.com jon@isp.com etc. In outlook 2000 it works fine, sorts the emails into our own folders, but on Outlook 2002, it downloads the email and places it 5 times in each directory, any ideas why ? Thanks, Karl. ...

How time work with a file excel ?
Hello from Italy , i have an old five of excel (five years old) . I work with this every day , now i have the curiosity to know : how many hours it was open ? TIA Hi if I understood you correctly there is no chance to get this information :-) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany barbun wrote: > Hello from Italy , > i have an old five of excel (five years old) . > I work with this every day , now i have the curiosity to know : how > many hours it was open ? > > TIA Arbun; This is possible with a VBA macro, but I have to write that. Maybe google can serve you bett...

email relaying
If in the smtp properties if have "allow all computer which successfully authenticate to relay" checked but how to people that have nothing to do with us like in another country successfully authenticate? What is the process that they go through to relay is it through the command prompt? "sthompson" wrote: > If in the smtp properties if have "allow all computer which successfully > authenticate to relay" checked but how to people that have nothing to do with > us like in another country successfully authenticate? What is the process > that th...

can't email workbook as attachment had trail version then purchase
email worked on trail but when it was deleted lost email in purchased version student 2007 . help I have no clue how to fix this . thank you "dashell" <dashell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06D3F201-E197-4F17-A7D9-87E16CD8489E@microsoft.com... > email worked on trail but when it was deleted lost email in purchased > version > student 2007 . help I have no clue how to fix this . thank you Presumably you are talking about emailing from within Excel? Student and Home Edition does not include Outlook. You need to set another Email client as defa...

Email Notifications #6
We are using Exchagne 2003 and Outlook 2003. Is there any way for Exchange 2003 to send a notification to an external email address whenever a new message arrives in a specific user's mailbox? I know it sounds odd, but the messages cannot be simply forwarded due to regulatory concerns. I need to notifiy the user of a new message so that it can be viewed with OWA over an SSL connnection. Probably best asked in an exchange news group like = microsoft.public.exchange.admin since you are asking if Exchange can do = this, not Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies...