Telephone Message Area in Outlook

I am unsure of which version of Outlook has the option
where you can place telephone messages in which your co-
workers/managers can view and edit.  Is there a specific
add-in required? I know that some companies have this
function in Outlook, but I would like to find out if this
is a created Form in Outlook or if it is a new option in
the newer versions.
0
anonymous (74740)

You could do that in a Public Journal Folder, I suppose.  That would require
an Exchange server to host it.

--
Aloha,

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr

Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup.  Mahalo!

"Jax" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am unsure of which version of Outlook has the option
> where you can place telephone messages in which your co-
> workers/managers can view and edit.  Is there a specific
> add-in required? I know that some companies have this
> function in Outlook, but I would like to find out if this
> is a created Form in Outlook or if it is a new option in
> the newer versions.

0
mvp1 (461)

Message archiving with exchange 2000
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C3AAB5.88D55270 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good afternoon Could we expect some trafic problems if we implement message archiving = on all of our 63 exchange servers? Our first tought is to copy all = messages on a dedicated public folder. Thanks for your advices Luc ------=_NextPart_000_0026_01C3AAB5.88D55270 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-/...

Outlook 2003 doesn't download anything anymore
My Outlook 2003 has stopped downloading messages from my mail server. Here are the steps I have tried: 1. I have checked all of my settings in the email account, and they are correct. 2. Removed the email account and set it up again. 3. I have installed another email program and email downloads to it. 4. I have removed extraneous email and compacted my mail file. Any ideas??? Try this solution 1) If you have read receipts that won't send, try changing the SMTP server for the account to a server you can access and change it back to the one you normally use for the account. If they ...

error message 1935
hi, i keep getting the error 1935 0x80070BC9 when i try to load office sharepoint designer 2007. if anyone can help me with this that would be great cheers You will do better if you repost this to the public.sharepoint.general newsgroup where the sharepoint experts are On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.sharepoint.general -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "apcilliterate" <yourdisplayname@di...

hyperlinks in outlook 2003 do not work
Hi. Since installing Outlook 2003, I cannot link to sites that have the address in the emails. None of the "Link" buttons work. I have tried "Resetting Web settings" & look at the info that "Sue" from Mircosoft has given, but to no avail. I click on a link & a box comes up saying "Locate Web browser". I have also installed MYOB Accounting & cannot even open that. Can someone help. This is SOOOOOOO frustratiiong, as I tried to update to make it easier (Costs big $$) & all I am getting is a headache! Regards, Rob J When it says '...

Macro message
When I open a particular document, I keep getting a box saying that it contains one or more Excel 4.0 macros .... . I'm using Excel 2003. I have checked and cannot find any macros within the document. How can I get rid of this message? It's a document I need to circulate to others. ...

Visio button message in Excel
I uninstalled visio on my system and now every time I open Excel I get a message that from Excel that Windows is searching for Insert Visio Button.XLS. Can someone help me with this issue. Excel will open after I click cancel and receive another message from Excel that it can't find the button but it's annoying. Thanks. ...

Outlook 2000 data transfer
Situation: The top member of our 'company' often travels. From remote locations he connects to the network to receive any email message. These connections will vary. Sometimes it is via LAN which has a VPN connection to our network, other times a secure VPN is established using public high speed, or even RAS has been used. OS = Microsoft XP SP1 Outlook = Outlook 2000 System = Gateway Laptop Problem: When a connection is established, all activity is allowed to settle down so that there is no transfer of bytes or packets. Then Outlook is opened. Immediately there is a transfer of dat...

custom search in outlook
We would like to distribute a search (.OSS) to all staff: A simple search which spans inbox, sent items, and deleted items, and includes a "size" field, such that staff can quickly see all of their email items, in one big list, and are able to sort by date or by size, and get rid of big chunks of email, or "low hanging fruit" based on size or date. I was able to save an .OSS file on my computer doing this which works only from my computer. If I try to distribute it to anyone else, it somehow has a link to my mailbox (even though the search only reads "inbox; sent it...

masked input telephone number?
I am not too familiar with the Masked Edit Functions in Excel. I wan to use a masked text box that when the user sets the focus to the box inside will show something like (###) ###-####, so as they enter th phone number it is actively taking the format shown above. As it stands right now, when the focus is lost on that telephone entr field, it will convert to the appropriate format. Users of the for state it would be easier to have it format as they enter the numbe into the field and I tend to agree. Any help would be appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Never mi...

Sharing Windows Address Book contacts with Outlook 2007
Back in Outlook 2000, you could set an option to share the Windows Address Book contacts with Outlook (contacts would be stored in Outlook). This allowed you to have Outlook contacts to be displayed in Outlook Express too. In 2003 (maybe 2002 version too) the option was taken out but you could still set it via the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WAB\WAB4 (DWORD UseOutlook with a value of 1, URL http://www.insideoutlookexpress.com/files/wab.htm#share). Have they finally removed the link completely in Outlook 2007, or is there another way to do it? That link doesn&#...

Sending messages between windows
I'm working on migrating an application written in Delphi to VB.Net. The current application makes use of a number of Windows/Forms each of which send messages via the windows API to a "master" form. Given what these windows are doing the overall design makes sense. Sending and handling messages in this way is a doddle for Delphi. Is there an equivalent mechanism available when using VB.Net? I'd rather not drop down to the windows api to send messages - and even if I did I'm not sure how to capture events at the recipient end. Any suggestions? TIA. -- ...

MS Outlook attachments field
Not sure if this is the right forum to ask this, but here goes anyway! When you are composing a message and you want to include an attachment, it automatically puts it in the body of the text. Does someone know how to have it default to a seperate field under the Subject field? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! Regards Damian Change your message format to Plain Text or HTML and you should get the separate field. Rich Text format puts the attachment icon in the message body. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply...

How can I set the print area for a worksheet equal to nothing?
I want to print an entire file, but nothing on one tab. I dont want to create a macro or hide the worksheet. Assuming "tab" means "table," Highlight the entire table, Format->Cells->Font->Color->White This will white-out the whole table, but you'll have to change it back to see it yourself. -- Anne Murray "David" wrote: > I want to print an entire file, but nothing on one tab. I dont want to > create a macro or hide the worksheet. ...

Rules not clearing the message flag
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (11.8010.8036) SP2 on XPsp2. It's often getting updates so I'm pretty sure it's fully updated. I use it to get my mails via POP from my employer's exchange server. My problem is that I get some auto-generated emails and want to move them into a special folder via a rule. I've successfully created a rule to do this. It moves them into the folder and marks them as read, but the message flag (the envelope in the systray) remains present. I can't manage to make that clear no matter what I do in the rule. It means I have to go into the folde...

Search folder for contact email messages misses messages
I have set up search folders for specific individuals. These search folders seem to miss some emails. As criteria, I have used the contact as it appears in the dialog when setting up the folder, which uses my Outlook address book, and that misses some. I have used their email address, and that misses some. I have used there "Display as" name and that misses some. This was a problem for me in Outlook 2007, and continues to be so in Outlook 2010 (I am using the beta). Any ideas to address this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Rick ...

outlook bug with attached message #2
I have recently tripped over a bug in outlook 2003 sp1. Here is how I duplicate the issue. a) Creat a new task item. b) drag and drop an email message into the task note area c) left click, hold and drag the message, and then release mouse button. d) now the attached message appears like an image with the small black square handles in corners and on sides. At this point, I can no longer double click, or right click to open the attached message. Once this occurs, the message I dropped into the task is no longer available. It seems that the link to the message gets destroyed and now I ...

Outlook address book #3
1. Is there a simple way (for the technologically challenged)to print the outlook contacts on adress labels. I have Outlook 2000 and Office 2000. Please keep it simple. 2. Is there a simple way that my wife and I can use outlook to get our mail. We use the same ISP with different names ie wife@cox.net and husband@cox.net > 2. Is there a simple way that my wife and I can use > outlook to get our mail. We use the same ISP with > different names ie wife@cox.net and husband@cox.net Using Outlook 2002 (and I assume 2003) you are able to set up multiple accounts for sending an...

Flagging Messages for Follow-Up
When I send a message, I am offered the option of flagging it for follow up. Yet, when I do this, the message does not automatically appear in the folder "For Follow Up". WHY NOT? Instead, I have to go to the stored meassgae (e.g. in Sent Items) and check the flag icon in the icon column. Many thanks for any help on this. ...

Bcc and printing a sent message
I am using Outlook 2003 (SP1). I sent a message with several names in the BCC. I would like to print a hard copy showing all recipients (including the BCC's) for my files. Can anyone tell me how to print showing the BCC recipients? Thanks, Cyn ...

Customize Outlook Today doesnt work
When I attempt to click on Customize Outlook Today, the link doesnt work at all. I have deleted the outlwvw.dll files and restarted Outlook and didnt rectify the problem. Anyone seen this issue before? Cheers OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update 813489 for Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575 --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching googl...

NEED HELP:Soap error: operation requested in the Soap message with soapAction isn't defined in the WSDL file.
Hi all, I need some help. We have an application which is using SOAP to relay messages between two applications. We are having a problem, which started to only occur intermittently, but now happens all of the time. When communicating between the apps, we receive this message... Soap error: The operation requested in the Soap message with soapAction <http://tempuri.org/FormAPI/action/COutlookForm.isCateringAvailable> isn't defined in the WSDL file. This may be because it is in the wrong namespace or has incorrect case. The SOAP sender application is a VB6 COM dll hosted in a...

Intelligent Message Filter Work on Exchange 2003 Cluster?
Does IMF work using a two node active/passive Exchange 2003 cluster? Thanks! IMF is not supported running in a cluster environment and will not work. Jamelia "LichlordX" <LichlordX@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A2C65E3-11DC-406D-96E9-306D16393568@microsoft.com... Does IMF work using a two node active/passive Exchange 2003 cluster? Thanks! Setup a front-end server and run it from there (direct all incoming email from the outside to it). -GT "Jamelia" <Jamelia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:u57Tyb49EHA.3640@tk2msft...

telephone
i cannot hear the contact i dialed. they can hear me please help Have you picked up the handset? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer ericksen <ericksen@northnet.org> asked: | i cannot hear the contact i dialed. they can hear me | | please help ...

Conditional Message box ??
Is it possible to have a message box to come up only a criteria is no met. For example, i have a garage that sells cars, if my target sales are 3 cars pe month, but i have only sold 2, is it possible to have a message bo appear to tell me that. but if i have made the 3 sales then the box would not appear. I could do with some code here please cheers And ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Andy Rather than do it with a macro, why not use conditional forma...

Outlook 2003 #199
Just upgraded from Outlook 2002 to 2003. Whenever I try to navigate within outlook e.g. open new messages, or open anything within tools, options I get the following error. Can't open this item. Out of memory or system resources. Close some windows or programs and try again. I read in a kb that it has something to do with "PGP Plugin " I have no such program installed in Add/remove, and I cannot get to the Add-In manager to disable it because I get the same error. Can you open OUtlook in Safe mode? Start->Run->Outlook.exe /safe. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...