Tasks with reminders

Hi,

I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on
their Win2000 pc�s once a week.
We use Outlook 2000

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Much Obliged
Michael

0
name8073 (2)

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Set reminder for tomorrow in a new message in less than 5 clicks?
When I have a message in my inbox or any other folder, if I click on the tomorrow flag, a reminder is automatically set for 9am the following day. However, when I do the same thing when composing a new message it does not set a reminder. It takes me 5 clicks to set the reminder for a new message I am sending. As I send a lot of Email that I want to follow-up on the next day, I would like to reduce the 5 clicks to one click or a hot key. Suggestions? Which version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2007? The shortcut key for adding a reminder is CTRL+SHIFT+G. You can al...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Default time of day for reminders
Is there a way to set a default for the time of day a reminder will pop-up in Outlook 2003? I flag a lot of emails for follow-up at the end of the day but Outlook forces me to scroll through all the hours of the day to get to where I want, say 5pm. It would be nice if this was the first pick from the list. The default time for follow up flags is determined by the value you have set in the "End Time" box in the Calendar Work Week section of Tools | Options | Calendar Options. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- plea...

Email Reminders #2
Good afternoon everyone! I would like to find out if there is a way for me to send an email that would only flag myself for the reminder and not the recipients of the message. If anyone knows of a way to do this, I would be extremely grateful! Thanks and have a great evening! Kindest regards, Kerrick Sawyers ...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Tasks with reminders
Hi, I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on their Win2000 pc�s once a week. We use Outlook 2000 Can anyone tell me how to do this? Much Obliged Michael ...

Excel 2002 Task Pane
The task pane is no longer on the view menu. I still can access usin alt+F+N. It does appear at startup. Does anyone know how to restore it to the view menu ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried view>toolbars>customize>toolbars and reset? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RP7073" <RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com... > > The task pane is no longer on the view m...

MAJOR PROBLEM: Entourage 2008 Reminders DOES NOT REFRESH every day unless I log out and log in again!
PLEASE, please, someone tell me if this problem only affects me, and how to fix it: OFFICE 2008 ENTOURAGE/OFFICE REMINDERS DO NOT UPDATE EVERY DAY UNLESS I LOG OUT & LOG IN AGAIN!!!! I organize my whole life using Entourage Events and Reminders. However, since I installed Office 2008 (which, IMHO, offers NO real improvement other than speed over Office 2004, and IT has a 1,000 BUGS), every day I must Log Out and then Log In again in order to get that day's Office Reminders to refresh. I could have 20 events with reminders for a certain day, but those reminders will never pop up unl...

Synchronising tasks
I have an application that creates tasks on a database and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. The problem is if the user edited or deleted the outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on tasks saved on the database. Is there any way to accomplish this? thanks in advance ! "Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org... >I have an application that creates tasks on a database > and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. > The problem is if the user edited or deleted the > outlook tasks, I want the changes to...

2005 Deluxe
I found the Bill Reminder setting inside of Money 2005 Deluxe and it's set to 10 days, but it seems Money Express is no longer available. Are Bill Reminders available outside of Money or do you have to log into Money all the time to see bill reminders? Oh, BTW, just an FYI to say that Money Express startup run entry is left in the registry during 2004 uninstall. Just in case you don't know how to remove the registry entry, it's ok if it stays there. Daniel HI Daniel In my opinion, the bill reminder, is not one of Money's stronger assets. I used it when I used Quicken, ...

Task manager in C#
How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU columns like in windows Task Manager? I looked into Process class but it does not have Task Maanger CPU and process description column properties. Also it returns lot of duplicate process names as "svchost" . How to explore from C# code what is really running instead of svchost generic name ? Andrus. Andrus wrote: > How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU > columns like > in windows Task Manager? > > I looked into Process class but it does not have ...

Tasks
Whne I configure my current view to "active tasks", it still shows tasks that are completed and crossed off as well as upcoming tasks. I thought that it only supposed to show tasks that are not yet complete. Any help here would be appreciated. ...

Outlook reminders
Is there a way to view all the items I've snoozed for an hour or two or a week? -- ms.giz "ms.giz" <msgiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF04855D-DF29-42C2-AB71-CD2014AD9CA5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to view all the items I've snoozed for an hour or two or a > week? I don't believe so. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] If you click on Calendar / View / Reminders Window That will show all of your reminders. I am not sure if it will show snoozed items though. ms.giz wrote: >Is there a way to view all ...

Dashes in Repeating Task
If I have text in a Repeating Task, when I mark the task complete, the newly-generated task has twelve (12) dashes (------------) before the text. Why are the dashes being placed, and how do I suppress it? If there is no text in the Repeating Task, no dashes are inserted. ...