Tasks reminders in the calendar.

I've allready googled around but it looks to me it's impossible to show
tasks reminders (not start and due dates) in the calendar.

If this is true is unbeleivable! What the hell of integrated product is
this? If we have a calendar that handles reminders, how could MS forget to
integrate wherever-generated reminders in the calendar?

Outlook 2003

Regards

0
atlaspeak (11)

I ve always wanted that feature.  It seems that would be a pretty
logical/resonable funtion to have.... or... if someone knows how to have
tasks appear on the homepage task list as a reminder, as opposed to having
the task sitting there all the time.   I don't need to be reminded of a task
that is due in one year, however, there it sits with all of the current
tasks.

Jonathan B. Jung

"Atlas" <atlaspeak@my-deja.com> wrote in message
> I've allready googled around but it looks to me it's impossible to show
> tasks reminders (not start and due dates) in the calendar.
>
> If this is true is unbeleivable! What the hell of integrated product is
> this? If we have a calendar that handles reminders, how could MS forget to
> integrate wherever-generated reminders in the calendar?
>
> Outlook 2003
>
> Regards

0
kjhfa (3)

OWA Calendar changes not processed...
Have users using OWA who cannot make changes to Public Calendars in Exchange 2000. Users are able to make changes with Outlook Corporate Client with no problems. This condition exists for both internal and external OWA users. Have followed advice of KB article 832196 to no avail. Anyone have any idea what could be going on here. Try posting this in an Exchange news group as OWA is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my per...

Service Calendar Saved Views
In CRM 3.0 you could create an advanced find view under setting - administration - user to create a group of user. Than you had have the possibility to use that view under Services - Calendar to show just the selected group of user. With CRM 4.0 that will also show the saved vie but it creates an error and show the service calendar twice. Any solution to fix that problem? ...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Getting "Calendar" in Microsoft Publisher 2007 to make a basic calendar that cycles through the months.
Hi all I'm trying to make a calendar that cycles (January February March etc.) starting from 2010 to when ever in MS Publisher. I have Calendar Creator by Broudbund that does this but whenever I converted to a PDF file, the file for each month is a little under 5 MB (I think because it is created as a JPEG file) which is not good for my application. Whenever I convert the MS Publisher "Calendar" to a PDF file it runs about 72 kB. But I haven't figured out how to sequence the program where it will automatically make a calendar page for each month while carrying...

Exporting additional outlook calendars
Hi, I'm using Outlook at work and we're trying to find a way to import/ export additional outlook calendars. I haven't had any trouble importing/exporting to Excel my mailbox's personal calendar, but that is the only option I am presented with when trying to import/export -- there is no option to select which calendar to import/export. Anyone done this before? Is it even possible? Is it just an outlook limitation? What about plugins? I googled some plugins eg. Outlook Export and they seem to allow you to select particular/events dates to export which would be great, though ...

Set reminder for tomorrow in a new message in less than 5 clicks?
When I have a message in my inbox or any other folder, if I click on the tomorrow flag, a reminder is automatically set for 9am the following day. However, when I do the same thing when composing a new message it does not set a reminder. It takes me 5 clicks to set the reminder for a new message I am sending. As I send a lot of Email that I want to follow-up on the next day, I would like to reduce the 5 clicks to one click or a hot key. Suggestions? Which version of Outlook are you using? Outlook 2007? The shortcut key for adding a reminder is CTRL+SHIFT+G. You can al...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

Default time of day for reminders
Is there a way to set a default for the time of day a reminder will pop-up in Outlook 2003? I flag a lot of emails for follow-up at the end of the day but Outlook forces me to scroll through all the hours of the day to get to where I want, say 5pm. It would be nice if this was the first pick from the list. The default time for follow up flags is determined by the value you have set in the "End Time" box in the Calendar Work Week section of Tools | Options | Calendar Options. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- plea...

Email Reminders #2
Good afternoon everyone! I would like to find out if there is a way for me to send an email that would only flag myself for the reminder and not the recipients of the message. If anyone knows of a way to do this, I would be extremely grateful! Thanks and have a great evening! Kindest regards, Kerrick Sawyers ...

On calendars why can't I see busy/free data and why can't I use OO
When trying to schedule a meeting for anyone in/on my network I can't see busy/free data because it specifies it cannot be retrieved. It only recently started this in the last few weeks. How can that be fixed? Also, this past week I noticed that I can no longer use the Out of Office Assistant. I get a message stating that 'Your out of office settings cannot be displayed, because the server is currently unavailable. Try again later.' As far as I can tell, the server is up and running. Thanks, Jason Version of Outlook and Exchange? Was either recently upgraded? Does everyo...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Calendar Restore
We have switched to an outsourced Exchange server. When Export/Import was performed to the new server, the user's calendar was lost. I have a recent NT Backup of the Information Store and folders from the old server. How would I go about restoring an individual's Calendar from an entire Exchange NT Backup. Thank you. Al On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:42:02 -0800, Alboni <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have switched to an outsourced Exchange server. >When Export/Import was performed to the new server, the user's calendar was >lost. >I have a recent NT B...

MS Project Calendar in Excel?
When I'm entering dates in Project, there is a drop down menu that brings up a Calendar box. Is there anyway that I can have the same thing in Project? Is there some kind of plug-in available? Thanks, -Kevin. Hi Kevin Microsoft has one here: http://www.microsoft.com/exceldev/articles/CalExcel.htm and Orlando has one here. http://cpap.com.br/orlando/#Calendar Try also a Google search for "excel calendar control": http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=excel+calendar+control -- HTH. Best wishes Harald Excel MVP Followup to newsgroup only pleas...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

put calendar on two pages in publisher- calendar is 2 pages wide
When using publisher, I want to make a calendar that spreads across both pages. the templates only seem to allow me to put a calendar on one page. Is there a way to do this? thanks, Nancy J Are you creating a booklet? How are your pages setup? What size is your stock? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nancyj" <nancyj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8F025D58-D86E-4CAA-BEAD-BB878FE6A40A@microsoft.com... > When using publisher, I want to make a calendar that spreads across both >...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Tasks with reminders
Hi, I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on their Win2000 pc�s once a week. We use Outlook 2000 Can anyone tell me how to do this? Much Obliged Michael ...