Tasks - Can not locate the fields in which the recurrence information is kept?

I went to a table view for my tasks,
went to the Field Chooser and chose "All Task Fields"
I wanted to select the fields related to the recurrence of tasks...
I "assumed" they would be similar to the calendar fields/functions:
Recurrence range start & end dates, recurrence pattern, etc...

but... I can not find any fields to add to my table view to display
the information of this sort...
I have repeating tasks, is there a way to display the information
related to how they "repeat"?

Sorry if I am missing something silly, I had no problems setting this
view up for my calendar appts.

0
Jim5941

You're not finding anything, because there is nothing to find. The recurrence
pattern information is not stored in simple fields that can be displayed in a
view.
 The only thing you can do is distinguish recurring tasks from those that
are not recurring by grouping on the Is Recurring field.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

On Feb 2, 1:27=A0am, Sue Mosher [MVP] <sue...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You're not finding anything, because there is nothing to find. The recurr=
ence
> pattern information is not stored in simple fields that can be displayed =
in a
> view. =A0
> =A0The only thing you can do is distinguish recurring tasks from those th=
at
> are not recurring by grouping on the Is Recurring field.
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> =A0 =A0Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming:
> =A0 =A0 =A0Jumpstart for Power Users and Administrators
> =A0 =A0http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=3D54

Dang ...
It sure does seem odd that Microsoft would not allow users to view
their data with that kind of that granularity ....

BUT ... I thank the messenger  ;-)
Thanks for taking the time to share your knowledge Sue!

Jim
0
Jim5941

Adding value in fields
Hello, In Account customize form, we are able to add value in a dropdown list field. It appears when we display our change but when we want to add a new account we do not see the chnage. Is there something to do after the change ? Regards yes you need to save the form then run deployment manager on the CRM web server and publish the change to the account form. Once completed you need to reset the web server service by running the command iisreset from the command line or from start - run etc "Edgard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31e301...

OL2002 Server Information being changed
Server information, specifically the incoming mail server (POP3), is being changed to localhost. The information that was previously in that field is being appended to the email address. This seems to happen at random times and we have not been able to relate it to any one event. Does anyone know a way to find the cause of this type of problem? Howard <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Server information, specifically the incoming mail server > (POP3), is being changed to localhost. This is being done by your antivirus program. Disable Email integration. It wi...

Trying to find a students location at a given time
I have my schools' children's daily schedule to the minute and room numbers in two separate excel spreadsheets. Is there an easy way to have excel or access return the child's room number by entering their name? We're trying to be able to quickly locate a student. Andy, thanks for your help. Communication can sometimes be difficult at best. Trying to put into words a concept that you yourself are not quite sure of for the whole world to read can be impossible at times. As a novice Exceller, just asking the right question is intimidating! :) You have pointed me in the right di...

Clearing a customer's information once selected
Sometimes I pick the wrong customer or don't use the customer that is selected for a certain transaction. It appears the only way to clear the customer card (of course except by selecting another customer card) is to restart the program. Any suggestions on how to get around this? Thank you in advance. I made a custom button with the clearcustomer command. Just click on it and you'll start back with no customer selected. Craig "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9A582EA2-2408-47EF-AC36-A70F09A2EA07@microsoft.com... &...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Print to PDF and specify location
I'm trying to eliminate the user from selecting the directory and file name when printing to a file. Current I have the report to print to a PDF. Can I create code to select the file name and save location? The database is used in a large group and our IT department will not allow me to change or add dll's. ...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

parsing a date and time field #2

Does anyone know where to locate an Excel cashflow template?
I am looking for A template that will allow you to summarise your income & expenditure and then forecast when the payments & receipts fall due over a 12 month period ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Formatting fields with decimal places
I have a table that has field name of Total_Tax with a data type of currency. The data in the field can range from being blank to 999999999.99. Maximum is 9 numbers before the decimal place and 2 afterward. My problem is that the data was imported from a text file into access as 400. However that should be formatted to 4.00 or 1234 should be 12.34. Also a number that is 123456789 should be 1234567.89. I further want to format it to currency for easier reading and manipulation. So I would like to insert $ signs and delimit them with a comma. So I need to go from 12345678 to $123...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

create calculated field in pivot table
In xls2003 I have a pivot table that shows years, quarters and months of data. I want to get a difference from year 2004 month of March, to year 2005 month of March. For each month or quarter or year. I imagine it's easy but cannot figure it out. TIA, Rogers Try this: Click on the Pivottable. Goto the menu and select Insert>Calculated Field... HTH Ola Sandstr�m Links: http://www.exceltip.com/st/PivotTable_report_-_Adding_a_Calculated_Field/746.html -- olasa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ olasa's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Add fields to Business Portal Electronic Doument Delivery report
The Electronic Doument Delivery manual states that if you need to modify a report, you need to use Crystal Reports. We have successfully managed to modify the layout of a report however we were not successful when trying to add fields which are not available. So how can you add fields which are not available in the existing electronic delivery documents? It seem that the fields available are located in some xml business object which we don't have access to. Regards, Maria ...

Updating a date field when checkbox is checked
Oh I feel a bit of a wally posting this but - can anyone tell me how to update a specific date field when a specific checkbox is ticked. This needs to be at individual record level. Many thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Serialize/Deserialize .NET Classes to SQL Server http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d26d1592-1420-482b-bc90-1b7d49a5a354/serializedeserialize-ne.aspx If you want to do it as you Tick the checkBox use something like this. Private Sub cbxDoDateThing_Click() If cbxDoDateThing Then Me!txtStartDate = Dat...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Tasks with reminders
Hi, I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on their Win2000 pc�s once a week. We use Outlook 2000 Can anyone tell me how to do this? Much Obliged Michael ...