Tasks - Active Tasks View

Whne I configure my current view to "active tasks", it
still shows tasks that are completed and crossed off as
well as upcoming tasks. I thought that it only supposed
to show tasks that are not yet complete. Any help here
would be appreciated.
0
anonymous (74722)

Share Task List
User has Outlook 2003 & we have a corporate Exchange server I have a user that has created a second task folder (File > Folder > New Folder...) They went into Sharing and on the Permissions tab setup the people who should have access. The other people to whom access was given can't seem to find this task folder. In the "Open Other User's Folder" they only have the default Folder type. When they pick tasks it tells them it can't find it. To test this out I had the user give same permissions to the default task and that can be opened no problem. It seems t...

changing default view on print preview of report
How do you change the default zoom level when you click on print preview button for a report? 100% does not give me enough detail, and when I click on the magnifying glass icon, it only takes me up to about %125. I would like it to show me the report at 200% by default. Also, is there a way to zoom in on the report design view? I am trying to micro adjust a report that needs to use pretty small font (like 6 points) and it's a real pain. Thanks, --b Hi If you are going to be using the zoom for a while you could just alter the screen resolution to show more. Or With report in previe...

Reconciling Zero-Balance Payroll Account With Checks and ACH Activ
We have a zero-balance checking account for payroll disbursements, including checks and ACH direct deposits. How can I reconcile this to the bank statement at month-end? I've been looking at the various Financial series and ACH reports, but don't feel that I've come up with a very efficient approach yet. Thanks! Don, I'm not sure if this helps you but in various PEOs, they reconcile their Payroll Bank accounts in Excel using VLookup and other functions. The process is simple 1. Print as .csv, GL Detail Report from Financial=>Inquiry=>Detail for the date ran...

early in the view
What is the earliest point, in the construction of my view, that I can call GetClientRect( ) or use a device context? I am wanting to initialize some metrics variables, based in part upon screen resolution, i.e. GetDeviceCaps( ). Steve Russell wrote: >What is the earliest point, in the construction of my view, that I can call >GetClientRect( ) or use a device context? > >I am wanting to initialize some metrics variables, based in part upon screen >resolution, i.e. GetDeviceCaps( ). For a plain old window, I'd say WM_CREATE. For a dialog, I'd say WM_INITDIALOG. For ...

change activity
I create new activity in MS CRM 4.0 and then change owner to other user (before save). Therefore, owner of this activity is not mine but I still can edit this activity even I don't have permission on this activity. This case occurs only when I create activity and change owner before save. If I create and save activity before change owner, I can not edit this activity. Please clarify - you like to be able to edit the activity after you assign to another user? Or you would like to edit the activity after you created (save the 1st time) an activty? Both options are control by secu...

Why Visio Activation service offline?
I've just downloaded visio 60 day trial. Can't get it activated - message says site down for maintenance...anyone know how long it'll be down or is it just a weekend thing? ------=_NextPart_0001_4627F69C Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Were you able to get the trial to activate? Generally when that kind of message appears, you should be able to access the site within 24-48 hours. The trial can be used multiple times before requiring activation, any time you close and re-open the application is a "use". So if you leave it open for multipl...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ?
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman Change the view/arrange by settings in the Sent Items folder instead. Use Outlook's Navigation Pane view to make it easier to configure. "...

How to change macro so it performs actions on ACTIVE sheet?
Hi, I want to create a macro that I can run on various sheets. All these sheets have the same format but different data. I created the macro and opened it with microsoft visual basic. The problem is the '=Sheets()' command that selects the sheet that i used to record the data. How do I change it so it just runs on the active sheet? ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("S&P").Range("A4:A13,C4:C13"), Thanks Tom Your macro probably contains the line: Charts.Add When this is executed the chart becomes the activesheet which is why you can't referen...

[MS Project] Automatically changing font color when task complete
Hi, I did some reading up on macros and while they will fit the bill I'd like to have the text color change without a key press. So, the question is how do I automatically change the color of a task based on events? Specifically, if the task goes to 100% complete, or not 100%, how can I automatically change the text color on these events? Can VBA scripts be written for use in Project 2007? Thanks, Andy Hi Andy, There is a project.vba group that you may want to pose your question to. Andrew Falanga wrote: > Hi, > > I did some reading up on macros and whil...

Outlook 2002 opens IE when viewing hotmail folders
I'm at a loss with this one. There are 4 computers at my location. All of them are running XP Professional and Office XP Professional with Frontpage. All the latest updates and service packs (except XP SP2) have been applied to all of the installations. All of the installations use internet only email setup (no MS Exchange) and all of the installations have at least one hotmail account setup. The problem is that on two of the computers, when ever a hotmail folder is accessed, it displays the items in Outlook but also opens up an instance of Internet Explorer that displays the same item...

Viewing all contents of a Task
Outlook 2003 If I have a Task open, where is the menu item which would allow me to view the contents of all the task fields as a list. For messages, there is an All Fields tab (All Contact Fields), but when you are looking at an open Task, there does not appear to be a way to view all the task contents. Thank you for the feedback. A better way to do this would be to look at a table view of your Tasks folder, such as By Category, then use the Field Chooser and choose "All Task Fields" to see the full list of fields available. Of course, even if you add one of the fields ...

Investing
I use Money 2004 Standard and I need to record a spinoff. The Help file says this should be an option within the 'Record a special activity" menu, but there I only have 'Transfer an Account' and 'Record a Split'. Mergers and demergers are absent. Is this a problem of my software or its configuration? Must I upgrade to a higher version to have this option? In microsoft.public.money, RNS wrote: >I use Money 2004 Standard and I need to record a spinoff. The Help file says >this should be an option within the 'Record a special activity" menu, but >...

View by sender error
Hi, I've installed Outlook 2003 pointing at an Exchange 2000 server on my laptop. When I select the option to view mail by sender in my Inbox I get an error saying "Outlook cannot display this item". All the other options work i.e. "Unread messages in the folder" etc. Any ideas? Thanks. ...

Does GP v.10 has feature to tie up with active directory?
Does GP v.10 has feature to tie up with active directory? Regards, Dennis Dennis, GP10.0 doesnt tie up with AD though BP does. However you might look at FastPath solution http://www.gofastpath.com/config+ad+-+sso.aspx -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP Note: If you are a Microsoft Partner, You can also Login to Dynamics GP partner forums at http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/partnerdynamicsgp/threads "Dennis" wrote: > Does GP v.10 has feature to tie up with active directory? > > Regards, > > Dennis FastPath works beautifully for this http://gofas...

Workflow Activities 08-31-04
Hi, I'm in the process of creating a sales process within CRM 1.2 & seem to have hit a bit of a stumbling block with the Activities process. The initial event will trigger when a lead is created, this should email the assigned owner and set up a Phone Call activity for them. Once the call is completed i'd like to have CRM schedule a meeting & update the probability of closing. I got the impression I should be able to us a 'Wait Activity Condition'. However the phone call activity doesn't show up in the list! Any clues as to where i'm going wrong? Thanks, ...

VCard and Activities Tab
I'd like to send co workers my vcard, but it shows all of my activities on the activity tab. I'd prefer that this couldn't be seen. It's Outlook 2003 btw. Thank you. Sam No, it doesn't. You can stop being paranoid about this. No one is = monitoring the activities in your Outlook folders. A vCard is a text = file that contains information about a contact. You can see this for = yourself by opening it in Notepad. It contains no information about = activities. REPEATING: It contains no information about activities.=20 The Activities page builds a list *on the fly* of item...

Calendar view problem
The calendar view seems corrupt for one of my outlook 2000 users. When I try to resolve the issue by right clicking on the calendar: under general \ when posting to this folder it should be appointment but it says post ,and it will not let me change it to appointment. Any ideas What version of Outlook and is this with an Exchange server? What version for Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After sear...

Viewing chart code
Is there a way to look at all the structure or code for a chart at once when I say code what I mean is like in the source data menu you ca select a series and the formulas for "Name" "Values" etc. is displaye for editing. an example is " VALUE = 'Xbar R PHASE MOD2'!$D$44:$L$44" Is there a way to display all the information for all the sources in table or ... ? It would make troubleshooting complex tables and massiv alterations much easier. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hammer - I don't know of a way that Excel does this...

views on PPT 2010 beta
01) Fresh and smart looking slide transitions which can be minutely time conrolled 02) copy animations to other objects (great time saver for repeat animation actions) 03) NOT HAPPY WITH the fact there ARE NO NEW ANIMATIONS (NOT A SINGLE ONE ) AT ALL. When MS can add dyamic directX slide transitions i cnnot understand why a library of dynamic directX and other 3D exit and entry animations could not have been added. Those who are experimenting or playing arund with the beta please append and post other additions, omissions or modifcations here in preparation for office 2010! ...

Activate another form in Maximised mode
I have a form which opens up another form in pivot chart view. I want to Save the pivot form as bmp. I have used the code from Steve lebans to save the form as bmp. My problem is whenever i click on the first form it opens the pivot form in small size , picture of form is captured and then the pivot form gets maximised. thus the picture saved is of small size. Even after maximising the form on its open event it gets maximised only after the image is captured. If only I could open the pivot form in maximised mode in the first instance the complete image will be captured. Or else I open the piv...

How does the time interval work on a calendar view?
I'm trying to create a calendar view based on a custom list on a team services site. The list has a column to indicate if it should be displayed in the calendar view. The list also has a 'date' column which indicates the date that the item in the list is due. When I create a calendar view the only options I get for time interval are 'created' and 'modified'. So, when I create the calendar view all of the items that should be displayed show up on the same date (either the date I created or modified the item). I'd like the items to show up on th...

Custom Workflow Activity
I have create a custom workflow activity for CRM 4.0 and have installed via dll on CRM server, however I cannot get it to authenticate against the CRM service as I cannot find credentials anywhere which are passed through. See below code, neither CredentialCache.DefaultCredentials or CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials contain any credentials (having looked into their properties in the watch window), resulting in no organisations being returned in orgResponse? Any ideas as to where I can obtain the credentials in a workflow activity to pass through? // STEP 1: Instantiate ...

how to get data from Active Directory?
Hi, users log in with their personal number (5 digits) in our intranet. For each number, there is a name associated in the Active Directory of the domain server. Now, there is an asp.net application which read the number (Request.ServerVariables("remote_user")). My question is: is it possible to get the name from the AD in the application? Thanks Luc "Luc" <qcqsc@qscqs.fr> wrote in message news:uUmp7JQmKHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > users log in with their personal number (5 digits) in our intranet. For > each number, there is ...

activate, window activate?
Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel and select another program and then run again when I active excel again... Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object) Range("v3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub Tried several, what am I missing? Try this. Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below. Private Sub Workbook_WindowDeactivate(ByVal Wn As Excel.Window) Range("V3").Font.ThemeColor = xlAutomatic End Sub -- Cheers, Ryan "John" wrote: > Hi, I want code to fire when I deactive excel an...

is there a quick way of getting rid of custom views?
Hi (again) :) i have auto-filtered my data. and have now save it as a custom view. i have now selected custom view. now i want to get back to the original view (unfiltered and unhidden) is there a quick way of doing this? other than going to each tab an clicking "show all" the only way i can think of is to save a custom view called UNFILTERED. but this works only if i remember to do this BEFORE started to filter/hide. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com sokevin You could just try switching off all filters by clicking Data/Filter/Autofilter. Seamu -...