task solution

I have many tasks that i need to assign to the same
people on a recuring basis. we are in an exchagne
enviorment. However, in my testing assigned recuring task
do not really work. i am wondering if anyone know of an
ad-on, that will automaction create and assign tasks, or
can i have a task automaticly created when an email is
sent?
0
anonymous (74727)

You can schedule a message being sent with the following add-ins
http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Schedule-Recurring-Email.asp?Source=RS
If you deside to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount

or
http://www.mapilab.com/outlook/email_scheduler/
If you deside to order use "4PM76A8" to get a discount

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-Creating Signatures

-----
"john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have many tasks that i need to assign to the same
> people on a recuring basis. we are in an exchagne
> enviorment. However, in my testing assigned recuring task
> do not really work. i am wondering if anyone know of an
> ad-on, that will automaction create and assign tasks, or
> can i have a task automaticly created when an email is
> sent?

0
Roady

Logistic Solution working with GP
We are GP partner and is looking for solution that work/integrate with GP: * Ware Housing * Freight Forwarding * Transport & Haulage It will be good if the solution allow 'slight' modification (by partner) via VBA, just like GP. All feedback welcomed. You may try Maximum Data Solutions. Their barcode system has optional modules from simple warehousing to full blown advanced order picking. "HFLo" wrote: > We are GP partner and is looking for solution that work/integrate with GP: > > * Ware Housing > * Freight Forwarding > * Transport & Haulag...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Tasks with reminders
Hi, I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on their Win2000 pc�s once a week. We use Outlook 2000 Can anyone tell me how to do this? Much Obliged Michael ...

Excel 2002 Task Pane
The task pane is no longer on the view menu. I still can access usin alt+F+N. It does appear at startup. Does anyone know how to restore it to the view menu ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried view>toolbars>customize>toolbars and reset? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RP7073" <RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com... > > The task pane is no longer on the view m...

Synchronising tasks
I have an application that creates tasks on a database and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. The problem is if the user edited or deleted the outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on tasks saved on the database. Is there any way to accomplish this? thanks in advance ! "Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org... >I have an application that creates tasks on a database > and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. > The problem is if the user edited or deleted the > outlook tasks, I want the changes to...

Task manager in C#
How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU columns like in windows Task Manager? I looked into Process class but it does not have Task Maanger CPU and process description column properties. Also it returns lot of duplicate process names as "svchost" . How to explore from C# code what is really running instead of svchost generic name ? Andrus. Andrus wrote: > How to create task manager which shows process description and CPU > columns like > in windows Task Manager? > > I looked into Process class but it does not have ...

Tasks
Whne I configure my current view to "active tasks", it still shows tasks that are completed and crossed off as well as upcoming tasks. I thought that it only supposed to show tasks that are not yet complete. Any help here would be appreciated. ...

Dashes in Repeating Task
If I have text in a Repeating Task, when I mark the task complete, the newly-generated task has twelve (12) dashes (------------) before the text. Why are the dashes being placed, and how do I suppress it? If there is no text in the Repeating Task, no dashes are inserted. ...

Display the Print Area
Thanks to all who tried to help me. The PUP 5 Add-in that was suggested by R.Choate solved the problem. What I was trying to describe/do was select a scroll range. It is a no-brainer with the add-in. Still don't know if it is part of Excel 2000. You are all very nice to have tried to help. Thanks. Well, we are ALL oohing and ahhhing over this add-in. That is at least 5 sales from us and WORTH IT. The interactive zoom is great, too. I am sure we will use more of the features later, but just these two make it worthwhile for us. Thank God for Techies! >-----Original Mess...

Adding Recurrence Field to Tasks
Using Outlook 2003 I have my list of tasks for my department grouped by category. The fields I have visible are Subject, Status, Due Date & Start Date. I want to add a column for "Recurrence." I want to be able to see if the recurrence is (for example) monthly, weekly or annually. I don't need to know if it's the first Monday of every month, just that it's monthly. I went into the field chooser and I cannot find a field that would accomplish this. Can this be done? There is a recurring field, but that just lets me know if the task IS recurring, not when...

A scenario to be worked out ---Any solution for this ?
Hi , We have 5 teams who's project plans are uploaded in project server .These teams project managers would be updating and changing project plans .It is required that everyone should be able to see others project plans on project web portal but should be able to edit only their project plan .As i am the program manager , i should be informed of all changes or updates done by these project managers . Can this be done on project web access 2007 ? Thanks Pratiksha Basically, you need two security groups: 1) Team members - configure so they can see all projects. 2) Pr...

How to sort task due data ascending, tasks w/o dates last?
I have a long task list, most tasks don't have due dates. Some do. I want my tasks listed with the earliest due task on top, followed by the next earliest (due date ascending sort order), but I also want those tasks w/o due dates to come after the task with the latest due date. Problem is in due date ascending order, tasks w/o dates come first before any dated tasks. To me this is remarkably silly because who would ever want tasks w/o due dates to list before tasks w/due dates when sorting by due date? ...

Increase Task Name Display Length in My Tasks
Hi! I have a suggestion for you... The My Assginments view limits the Task Name to displaying 50 characters. That field should not have a limit, or if so, we should be able to change it. Developer tasks are not necessarily that short and making them click on the task to see the full name is not user friendly. This would simplify and streamline the process of reporting hours, not to mention making looking at the view itself, much more user friendly. Thank you for your consideration! Stacey Shearn ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft ...