Task request problem

 just put in new computor Dell /XP /Office Pro 03
outlook can not open task requests sent from others
When trying to open there is a "cant open this item" error
or operation failed:an object could not be found
all other computors (outlook 00) can open these.
I can send a task request that they can open
Any help?
Thanks
Steveo
0
anonymous (74722)

CFileDialog & Details View Problem
I am attempting to set the view of the CFileDialog's ListCtrl to "Details" (LVS_REPORT) as its default. I get a pointer to the List and set the style with ModifyStyle(). Upon loading my CFileDialog, the Details view shows up, but it is missing all the columns. If I right click in the List window suddenly the columns will show up (along with a menu). If I change folders the columns disappear again (the ListCtrl is destroyed...). Also, if I pragmatically start adding columns myself, the rows are visible (but features such as sorting and icons are not available). On MSDN under...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

excel problems...
I AM IN A PANIC!!!! As of yesterday my excel program was working fine HOWEVER I just received a spreadsheet from my headquarters office that was excel BUT when I go to open it I get the following message: "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available." Insert the "Microsoft Office 2000 Premium" disk and click ok then when I hit cancel the following message appaers: "Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product Microsoft Office 2000 Premium. The Windows installer cannot continue." when I click ok at...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

MFC
Hi, I'm working on a class that has to implement "magnetic dock" behaviour (like Winamp). I'm using VC++ .NET and MFC. My class is derived from CDialog. My code works well, but I have a "repaint" (or "look") problem: When one of my dialogs falls in the "magnetic field" of another dialog and I tell it to dock, it repaints itself in several near places until it's docked, because I'm using the "OnMoving" and "OnMove" events. So, when I'm inside "OnMoving" and verify that the dialog falls inside the "mag...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Outlook 2003 Rules Problem
We are migrating from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We moved my mailbox and all is well except the Rules will not process things coming in from POP email accounts. It will process from accounts in the GAL. I can manually run the rule on the inbox and it does as expected, but if I receive a message from someone@popmail.com it still sits in the inbox. If I get am email from someone@mydomain.com and have a rule set up, it processes. I even blew all the rules away and started creating them from scratch, but same thing happens. Incoming pop mail just sits there. Any clues? I say Outlo...

Move mailbox problem #2
Hi We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook profile. They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just delete it or should I do something else? Cheers Mike "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote: >Hi > >We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have >one mb w...

TCP Optimizer problem
I've used TCP Optimizer utility to "optimize" my network connection, after applying changes and playing a little, I decided to revert changes back to original settings, clicked "Restore Windows Default Settings", and after this I can't get internet connection working anymore. I tried restart cable modem, release/renew the IP address, restart PC, but this not help. Cable modem itself is very sensitive to power interruptions and to the signal level. What I think, possibly TCP Optimizer has not fully reverted registry changes back to original settings? [...

Problem with Postback
I have a page with a nested gridview and within the nested gridview I have a TemplateField and an Imagebutton. What I am trying to accomplish is allow the user to expand the child grid and then click on the Imagebutton to display a panel below. The problem I am having is that when I click on the ImageButton a page postback occurs which gives the appearnce of the child grid collapsing. I have tried adding a javascript function to the ImageButtons OnClientClick event to return zero ( which does prevent the postback ) but then the Child Grid's SelectedIndexChanged event stops...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Problem restoring PST file - Please
Is it possible that using the Windows XP backup program to save my Documents and Settings folder would not save all my outlook data or .pst files. I now have several .pst files and some with current dates and some with old dates, but none seem to be the correct ones. Thanks for any help. ...

your problem
I don't know exatly but I think you will find the way to solve this problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

DST issue, now my Outlook meeting requests land Unread Mail
I've been working to test the Update Tools on my PC and I've noticed since the testing has begun that any meeting requests go directly to Unread Mail. The shadow box shows them coming in with a note at the bottom that says Cyberspace. The meeting request does get updated to my calendar as tentative and the Cyberspace is noted next to the meeting subject. Is this fallout from Microsofts tools for DST? Anyone know the fix? On Fri, 9 Mar 2007 11:13:54 -0800, SKS <sks@yahoo.com> wrote: >I've been working to test the Update Tools on my PC and I've noticed since >t...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Epson TMT88IV Problems
I setup the software provided on the CD the printer shipped with, and the receipt prints, cuts and opens the drawer. However, the receipt will not print the first 0.5mm of the information on the left hand side. I have tried increasing the margins in the receipt format properties setup, but to no avail. Any suggestions much appreciated. Thanks Try installiing OPOS drivers, delete the printer in \printers and faxes Set up the printer in OPOS with a Logical Device name such as ReceiptPrinter Also add the cash drawer in OPOS abd call it CashDrawer In RMS Manager configure the register to ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Hyperlink problem to cell in same workbook
I have a hyperlink created by a VB program that should link to a cell on a different worksheet within the same book. The hyperlink code currently is as follows: =HYPERLINK(ADDRESS(4,2,1,FALSE,"MultipleAliases"),"MULTIPLE DP ALIASES") MultipleAliases is a separate worksheet and I want the link to jump to row 4 cell 2 on this sheet. I realise that normally you need a spreadsheet identifier as part of the worksheet definition, thus the "MultipleAliases" would be "[FILE1.XLS]MultipleAliases" if this was saved as FILE1.XLS. If I do save this file with th...

Outlook is requesting data
When the Outlook client try to get access to the GAL, he got the message:'Outlook is requetint data from the Microsoft Exchange Server "SERVERB.abc.xyz.com". You can cancel the request...' and the message box stay there for ever or util you cancel the request. The strange thing is that SERVERB is NOT an Exchange Server but a domain controller for the LAN. The actuall Exchange Server is SERVERA. It happens to all users that connect to the Exchange Server through the VPN connection. other users connecting to the Exchagne Server within the cabling system don't have th...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

problem removing exchange 2000 server
we have moved our mailboxes from our old 2000 exchange server to the new exchange 2003 server. I am at the point where you are supposed to setup replication on the public folders, but if I right click on any of the public folders instead of getting to properties so I can setup replication I get the following error: "the token supplied to the function is invalid. ID no. 80090308 exchange system manager" what the? see this KB 324345: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324345 "gary" wrote: > we have moved our mailboxes from our old 2000 exchange server to the new &g...