Task List - can Outlook XP show tasks in "Inbox" view ?

A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my
inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA

~~N~~

Not until Office 2007.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, ~~Nightcrawler~~ asked:

| A great convenience would be to show the task list as well as my
| inbox. Any way to show it ? TIA
|
| ~~N~~

0
MillyS (3228)

Inbox not archiving
My AutoArchive seems to have been working OK, but when I check I found out that it seems to be backing up the Sent items but not the incoming mail folders. Any ideas? "dohatch" <dohatch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9D43B98-487C-44D8-99B8-F384CC0C6590@microsoft.com... > My AutoArchive seems to have been working OK, but when I check I found out > that it seems to be backing up the Sent items but not the incoming mail > folders. Archiving is NOT, NOT backing up. Archiving and backing up are completely different operations. Aut...

Outlook 2003 Inbox Accounts Format Changed Unexpectedly
I use Outlook 2003 with XP Pro, SP3. Outlook was set up so that when I opened it, the Inbox showed my 4 accounts and if an account had new emails, the number of new emails was shown. Today I opened Outlook, and all the emails were shown by date order and not separated into accounts. Help! How do I return it to its previous format? kateinmo Maybe your view changed. Go to the View menu > Current view submenu and choose a different one. "kateinmo" <kateinmo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B16E550-876F-4D2A-B9C4-9B8232A580CC@microsoft.com... > I u...

Can only see Hotmail inbox in Outlook 2007
I used to have a simple set up with my Outlook 2007 and Hotmail plus that allowed me to view all of my folders that are in my Hotmail account in Outlook. That was until August last year. Since then I've just been loggin in to Hotmail because I couldn't get it to work. This morning I found a program called Outlook Connector and after installing it I'm able to see all of my hotmail inbox emails. However, I can't see my other folders. It also seems that all of my read emails from my Hotmail inbox are now showing as unread. Can someone please tell me how to co...

Can not see Inbox emails in Outlook
Before I had high speed internet service, I removed the email download abilities in Outlook and the ability to see anything in my inbox. I can view my emails in Outlook Express, but I can not view my emails in Outlook. I have forgotten how to re-instate that feature in Outlook. Please help. On the View menu, for the specific folder "Jeff" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:164e301c447fc$d0a2d700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Before I had high speed internet service, I removed the > email download abilities in Outlook and the ability to > see any...

Inbox on Outlook
All inbox contents have disappeared. Other folders which have been created off the inbox are intact. The Inbox Repair Tool is beyond my comprehension, and just seems to create little back-up files of each of the .dlls I select. My virus protection seems to be working, and the machine was inspected only a couple of weeks ago (for any viruses which may have slipped past.) How do I get these in-coming emails back? 1. Check to ensure you do not have a view (unread messages?) set on your in-box. right click in the toolbar area, select to display the Advanced toolbar. from the dropdow...

Help w/ Configuring Inbox
How do you associate an email account with Outlook's Inbox? It used to be associated with (and collect/send) email from my MSN account, but somehow I deleted that. Now Inbox does nothing. I can't figure out how to link it to an email account from Options or Control Panel. When I attempt to configure an account, Outlook sets up a new "inbox" which isn't sync'd with the PPC. I can't reconfigure the original Inbox. This is a problem because my iPAQ can't collect or send email through it. Thanks, Brian What type of email account are trying to co...

Replying to emails causes an unwanted copy in Inbox
Hello I have checked my settings and options mulitple times and can't seem to find what is causing this.. Any time someone sends me an email, and I choose to "Reply" or "Reply All", I get a copy of my own reply in my inbox, when in the email To: field my address is nowhere to be seen. I have chosen my settings to save a copy of sent emails in the Sent folder, which they do, but still I get a copy in my inbox. Am I missing something here? Thanks! Do you have a rule that is copying "sent items" somewhere? "andrew" <heldorado@comcast.net>...

Splitting the "Inbox" folder into some inboxes
Hello . I want to split Outlook Express 6 Inbox folder into some inboxes , as described below : Suppose I have 2 email accounts , eg. a@a.com , b@b.com . I have already set these 2 accounts (via Tools menu -> Accounts) . There's only one "Inbox" folder I use : when receiving mail (either for a@a.com or b@b.com) , all the email messages are now located in the single "Inbox" folder . For convenience , I want to split this single "Inbox" folder into 2 (or more) "Inbox" folders , so each "Inbox" folder corresponds with a single ...

calendar data missing when swithing from inbox view to calendar view
after applying latest outlook service packs I have a problem viewing calendar data. It comes up in calendar view by default and my appt data and taxk data are there. however if I go to my in box then go back to Calendar view there is no appt data or task data. If I go to outlook today my data is there. But still no data for any date in calendar view unless I exit out & restart outlook. The problem repeats itself as soon as I go to inbox What version of Outlook? Do you have Exchange in the mix? Do you have both an Exchange mailbox and a .pst folders? Does the shortcut to the cal...

How to create just 1 inbox
Outlook 2007 I manage 8 email accounts, some are gmail (imap or pop3) and others are only pop3 accessible. My main (default) email is my gmail account. I've configured gmail in outlook via IMAP and it's working perfectly, however Outlook has created a separate set of mailboxes for this account (separate from those in my 'Personal Folders'. I would like all accounts to have their received messages in one single inbox, but when I REPLY to those messages, the 'from' address should be from the account that the message was originally delivered to. How can I...

Error in Outlook 2000 Inbox Dates
Starting 12/29/03, my Inbox in Outlook 2000 has been posting the date as 2004 dates (i.e., 12/29/04. The exact same thing happened last year (12/30/02 on was 2003 date). It corrected itself on 1/1. Is there a fix for this? What could be causing it? My clock is set right. I have the Office 2000 Standard and Windows XP on a Dell desktop. ...

Sorting Inbox
When I sort the inbox on "importance" (d) then "received" (d) the high importance messages sort to the top, but the date received doesn't sort properly. Is th-Lana way to fix this? ...

Missing "Inbox" in outlook express!
Hi, I am using both outlook and outlook express. It was working fine until 3 days ago when suddenly my 'inbox' dissappears! i have tried everything except reinstalling as i do not know where to get the files to reinstall outlook express. can anyone help please? please email me directly. thanks Iron Eagle <jeffmohd@yalk21.com> wrote: > Hi, > I am using both outlook and outlook express. It was > working fine until 3 days ago when suddenly my 'inbox' > dissappears! i have tried everything except reinstalling > as i do not know where to get the files to...

seperate inbox
I have multiple email account with my isp bellsouth fastaccess and am using outlook 2002 the problem is that when i do a send/recieve all the new emails goes into 1 inbox for all the bellsouth email accounts (3) my hotmail account goes into its own seperate inbox folder. How do i set it up so that each email account has its own seperate inbox ? Thank you for any help arron <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have multiple email account with my isp bellsouth > fastaccess and am using outlook 2002 the problem is that > when i do a send/recieve all the new emai...

Windows Mail Inbox corrupt
I'm running Vista; just today all of a sudden after leaving my inbox, which was working okay, opening all incoming msgs, I went back to it to open new ones and none would open. Each time I tried to open one it would just start building up on my taskbar and not open. I checked Task Manager and first task read; Driver Software Installation, and along with that it showed the e-mails I had tried to open.I waited to see if the Dvr Software Install was doing anything but nothing was occurring, so I ended all tasks. I further deleted all that was in my Delete box. I also can dele...

"Can't move the items." out of the inbox?
When I am trying to move some items from the inbox to a folder I get the aforementioned error. Nor can I receive mail. The .pst file is not corrupt. I am running OL2002 and WinME. Loren On the same computer if I open a different account I am able to check email and move messages. Bizarre... Still need a solution. Loren >-----Original Message----- >When I am trying to move some items from the inbox to a >folder I get the aforementioned error. Nor can I receive >mail. The .pst file is not corrupt. I am running OL2002 >and WinME. > >Loren >. > ...

OWA Premium Client will not load the INBOX
When I log into any OWA account with the premium client it will not load the inbox. I will just say Loading... forever. I used the standard client and it works fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank Heith Repost to microsoft.public.exchange.admin - OWA is not a part of Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Heith asked: | When I log into any OWA account with the premium client it will not | lo...

Inbox Repair Tool & Reminders
Hi I have a problem that has started in the last few days. I am running Outlook 2002 on XP Home Edition. I have started recieving "reminders" for every mail that appears in my inbox. I can "Dismiss All" and then try to delete the mail in the inbox. However, I then recieve a message telling me that there are errors on my .pst file and I should run the Inbox Repair Tool thus not allowing me to delete the mail. I run this after quiting Outlook and I am told that there are no errors. Returning to Outlook the same cycle repeats itself. Any ideas? In my wife's Outlook...

email won't appear in inbox until action is performed
Running Outlook 97 sr2 as client. Server is Windows 2000 with Exchange 5.5 sr2 on it. All of the sudden this started happening and as far as i know nothing new was installed or nothing changed. When the inbox is highlighted there will be no activity BUT when you do anything like click on the Sent items then the email will enter the inbox. Then you click on the inbox and there it is waiting. It seems like any action, even scrolling down the inbox BUT email won't appear in the inbox until something is done. I completely uninstalled/reinstalled outlook and the problem still appears. I even ...

Outlook 97 slow to switch between messages and inbox
My boss has asked me to look at a system problem he has. Since getting a new Dell Latitude running XP Pro, he has a problem in Outlook 97 where when switching between a mail message and back to his Inbox and vice versa, there is a 10 second or so delay. It is Outlook 97 SR2 (although I may re-apply this) and only Win XP SP1 with no firewall on the LAN connection (so that is not the problem). Yes, we are a little(!) behind the times running Office 97 - we are licensed for Outlook 2000, so may install this in the hope it will cure his problem. But any other suggestions would be much appreciate...

Inbox - Sort
The inbox is divided into "Date: Today", Date: Last Week", etc. Is it possible to delete that separation so that everything shows under "Inbox" instead of different "sections"? Jan Groshan <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote: > The inbox is divided into "Date: Today", Date: Last Week", etc. Is it > possible to delete that separation so that everything shows under > "Inbox" instead of different "sections"? Click View>Arrange By and uncheck Show in Groups. -- Brian Tillman Your wonderful....thanks. "Bria...

how do I default outlook to open in the inbox?
Open Microsoft Outlook and select Tools | Options | Other tab | Advanced Options. Setting should be at the top to set which folder should be displayed first. "kazandian" <kazandian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9C4B1A6-9D9C-49E8-8585-0C6EC43CC74A@microsoft.com... > ...

Can't send e-mail or access to my Inbox e-mails.
This is the error message that I get when I tried to send an e-mail: Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'test', Account: 'pop.gcgroup.co.uk', Server: 'send.one.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Please let me know what do I have to do. Thanks! Regards, Jannie Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down ...

Outlook 2002 and Inbox
Problem: E-mails that come directly to Outlook 2002 Inbox open without format (plain text, lines all run together). But e-mail that comes through my Yahoo account to Outlook retain their formatting. How can I retain formatting for both, so I can read my e-mail? I have tried all the usual settings. Can someone help? Thanks. ...

Outlook Inbox 11-15-09
I had a problem with my inbox soI ran the inbox repair tool. It fixed the problem but my inbox is now gone and replaced with a folder called Recovered Folder. How do I get my Inbox back? Start Outlook with the /resetfoldernames switch; Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetfoldernames (note the space in the command) That said; when you get the Recovered Folder by running the Inbox Repair Tool, your pst-file had a bad corruption in it. In those cases I would recommend to start with a new pst-file instead of continuing with this fixed one. For details see; http://www.msoutlook.in...