Task Due Date

Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by
default?

--

Guy Lapierre
Forefront Business Solutions

0
guy6899 (12)

Not that I am aware of, no.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Guy Lapierre asked:

| Is there anyway to preset the task to have "today" as the due date by
| default?

0
MillyS (3228)

unwanted date changes
How do I prevent the date in a saved excel document from changing to the current date when re-opened at a later time? By not using a formula, or if you do use circular references with iterations if you want a time/date stamp http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html You can also insert today's date with ctrl + ; which will be fixed -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It is a good thing to follow the first law of holes; if you are in one stop digging." Lord Healey "The DurangoKid" <The Dur...

Convert 20080217 into "17-Feb-2008" , (year, month, date convertio
I have a table. All dates are listed in "Numeric Value" (ex: 20080315). I'd like to convert thse numeric-values into a standard yyyy-mmm-dd format. or just convert them into "month" (mmm) , for example, 03 should be March, 05 should be May and 08 shoud be August Thanks a lot , dear experts ! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit You can get a real date/time value from that number by typing an expression like this into the Field row in query design: DateSerial([f] \ 10000, ([f] Mod 10000) \ 100, [f] Mod 100) Replace "f" with your field name. To display the...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

stop script if dates are missing, edit help...
Below is my scipt: It asks for a two sets of date ranges, both from column J, and then it does the rest. Script works, no problem.. After the two sets of dates are entered for the range of column J, it confirms the date Ranges, user clicks OK and then it goes on to the next step. I want it to change so that, If I enter let's say: starting range: 1/1/2005 ending range: 3/1/2005 (from column J) it would confirm the dates like it does now, but after the user pressed ok, it would stop the script and pop-out a box saying: Calculation can't be performed, missing Dates in selected Rang...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

pivottable date
I have dates in the column field in the following format mm/yyyy however its not sorting as it should. currently it displays like 01/2006, 04/2005, 05/2005........... 12/2005 How can it display 04/2005, 05/2005, .......12/2005 , 01/2006 please help Hi Go to Tools>Options>Lists> and create a new list of 04/2005, 05/2005, 06/2005 etc. Go back to the PT, double click on the field, choose Advanced and select Sort>Ascending again. -- Regards Roger Govier "flow23" <flow23@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:379A3CDB-1B8B-4484-A96B-591BC37F3...

parsing a date and time field #2

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

Formula to Calculate Dates
I need to enter one date, and have it compute the future date based on the number of years: For Example: - Date Added: June 2007 - Number Of Years: 5 Year - Expiration Date (Need Formula): June 2012 How would I get that result. BTW: Using Excel 2000 =DATE(YEAR(A1)+5,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "S" <S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8504259F-4193-4CE3-9387-EAB68624076E@microsoft.com... |I need to enter one date, and have it compute the future date based on the | number of years: | | For Example: | - Date Added: J...

CALCULATE DATE AND TIME
hOW DO i calculate the total time between two columns that contain a date and a time. Just subtract one from the other. If you want it in hours, format it as [h]:mm. If you want days and it will not exceed 31 days, format it as d hh:mm:ss. If it can be more than 31 days you will need something like =(INT(A1-B1)-(MOD(A1,1)>MOD(B1,1))&" days ")&TEXT(MOD(MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1),1),"hh:mm") -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Pam C" <PamC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:78112373-65A9-450D-...

a valid exchange rate not found for the return date
Anyone ever seen this message? There is no relative help in knowledgebase and what there is - we have covered. Not sure why GP is saying we don't have a valid exchange rate only when doing a return. The return is within the month and the exchange rate table is active for a period long before and long after this date. We've been trying to solve for days now and the error makes NO sense at all. Please help ...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

How do I change date format?
I have just upgraded to Excel 2003 from 2000. I have a date field which looks like this: 03/05/05. The new 2003 file looks like thie: 03/05/2005 00:00AM. When I select Format>Cell, I get nothing. Unable to clear the field and start over. Can not get the format screen to appear. When I try with an unused field, I get the Format>Cell> screen with the various tabs. What gives? Hi Jon, It is controlled in your short date format in your system regional settings. Windows Start, Settings, Control Panel, Regional options, date(tab), Short date format: mm/dd/yy if th...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Remove inactive employees based on Date Inactivated
I would like to see Tools > Utilities > Payroll > Remove Inactive Records have a date field so only those employees inactivated prior to the date entered are removed rather than all inactive employees as it now does. Hi Rod, Please enter this suggestion in Product Suggestion site: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/productsuggestion. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy. This posting is provided "AS IS" ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

How to determine sunday and saturday dates?
How can i derive the sunday and saturday dates of a week based on a specific date? i.e. if my specific date is 07/03/2007, how via a functions can i determine the suday date (07/01/2007) and the saturday date (07/07/02007) for the seek 07/03/2007 falls in? Thanks in advance :) You can tell the day of the week using the Weekday function. If you use it with the second (optional) parameter of vbSaturday to have it count Saturday as day 1, Sunday as day 2 and so on, you can get the previous Saturday for any date using: DateAdd("d", -Weekday(Date, vbSaturday) + 1, Date) and the...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Seed date formats to different year in different cells
Situation: Workbook was created in Excel 2003 (PC) and forwarded to another person who opened it with another PC using either Excel 2000 or 2003 (unconfirmed which version). The dates showed up as about 4 years off. My first thought? Maybe the machine was set with a different system clock. But here is where it gets weird; the receipient returned the workbook via email, and the wrong dates still show up even on the originator's PC. When he enters new dates, they show up as correct, but the cells that had the original dates (or anywhere they are cut/paste from those original cells, includi...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Updating a date field when checkbox is checked
Oh I feel a bit of a wally posting this but - can anyone tell me how to update a specific date field when a specific checkbox is ticked. This needs to be at individual record level. Many thanks Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Serialize/Deserialize .NET Classes to SQL Server http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/d26d1592-1420-482b-bc90-1b7d49a5a354/serializedeserialize-ne.aspx If you want to do it as you Tick the checkBox use something like this. Private Sub cbxDoDateThing_Click() If cbxDoDateThing Then Me!txtStartDate = Dat...