Task Bar: '+' signs in front of tasks

Hi Everybody,

How can I get rid of the '+' signs ion front of my tasks in the task bar?

Thanks,

Steve (Office 2007, XP Pro SP2)

0
steveada (12)

Steve Adams <steveada@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> How can I get rid of the '+' signs ion front of my tasks in the task
> bar?

What's the "task bar", in your parlance.  To most WIndowsd users, the "task
bar" is the bar upon which Windows places the windows handles (icons) with
which you can control which window has focus.  Perhaps you're speaking of
the "To Do" list, but it would help if you explained more fully.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)
1/8/2008 9:26:24 PM
Sorry Brian. The "To Do" list is what I mean.

There's a Quick mini-calander on top, and below are my custom listing of my
tasks.

I would like to get of the '+' signs used for expanding them, and just have
a single line with the task subject.

Thanks,

Steve

> Steve Adams <steveada@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>> How can I get rid of the '+' signs ion front of my tasks in the task
>> bar?
>
> What's the "task bar", in your parlance.  To most WIndowsd users, the
> "task bar" is the bar upon which Windows places the windows handles
> (icons) with which you can control which window has focus.  Perhaps you're
> speaking of the "To Do" list, but it would help if you explained more
> fully.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
steveada (12)
1/8/2008 9:53:34 PM
":I would like to get of the '+' signs "

should read:

"I would like to get RID of the '+' signs "

Thanks

"Steve Adams" <steveada@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Sorry Brian. The "To Do" list is what I mean.
>
> There's a Quick mini-calander on top, and below are my custom listing of
> my tasks.
>
> I would like to get of the '+' signs used for expanding them, and just
> have a single line with the task subject.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Steve
>

> "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Steve Adams <steveada@bellsouth.net> wrote:
>>
>>> How can I get rid of the '+' signs ion front of my tasks in the task
>>> bar?
>>
>> What's the "task bar", in your parlance.  To most WIndowsd users, the
>> "task bar" is the bar upon which Windows places the windows handles
>> (icons) with which you can control which window has focus.  Perhaps
>> you're speaking of the "To Do" list, but it would help if you explained
>> more fully.
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
steveada (12)
1/8/2008 10:12:34 PM
Steve Adams <steveada@bellsouth.net> wrote:

> I would like to get [rid] of the '+' signs used for expanding them, and
> just have a single line with the task subject.

What happens if you right-click the "Arrange By" drop -down just above the
tasks and uncheck "Show in Groups"?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16053)

Sroll Box within Scroll Bar
If I highlight a range in a work sheet to have row height increased and say range is from A1-A400. The scroll box within the scroll bar resizes for that range. If my spreadsheet however turns out to be only 50 rows(after entering data) not 400 the bar will still be sized to go from row 1 at the top to Row 400 at bottom(It can obvously go past that but the scroll box is sized for 400). I would like it to go back to its to size for the actual size of the data in the spreadsheet. I have tried to delete the rows from 50-400 but it has no effect. Any help would be appreciated as this is annoying pr...

Calendar and Tasks
Morning All, Is it possible to have the tasks show up on the calendar? Scott V No. Only beside it. you can drag a task to the calendar if you need to assign a time to it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/ "Scott Viney" <scott@kar...

error bar cap style
I am attempting to use different error bar cap types on 3 series plots on one chart. Afterselecting round or square and closing the dialog box, the cap type does not change. I only get flat caps. Is this a flaw in the software? will it be fixed? ...

Outlook Task Failure
Hi Whenever I try to assign a task in Outlook 2002 I get an error message: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameters are not valid" Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks ...... Craig *** Problem Description *** Action (A): When trying to save a task item there is an error. Result (R): Could not complete the operation, one or more parameters are not valid Cause (C): Corruption to the tasks folder. <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><...

i want to change dollar sign to rands on excel invoice?
i want to currency on to rands on excel invoice and my format cell is not activeted Sylivia, Choose a defined currency format that you like, and then click on custom (at the bottom of the list). You'll see the format in its code, simply replace each currency symbol within that line with R. Cheers, A "sylvia" wrote: > i want to currency on to rands on excel invoice and my format cell is not > activeted > Hi Sylivia Clearly you are in South Africa. Go to Start|(Settings)|Control Panel|Regional Options, and select English(South Africa) as input locale. You...

Concatenate Tasks With Summary Tasks in Reports
I think I have found in other posts but I want to ask directly just in case someone else has other info... Can MSP concatenate each task in a report with its summary tasks? Without this, I don't know what part of the project each task pertains to. (Example, does "Buy space" pertain to the April or May set of tasks?) If I add a breadcrumb to each task in the entry view, not only is this time consuming but I also can't read the entry view as well as before. This limitation severly cuts down on the usefulness of the reports for me. In article <FFB3AE7E-881E...

CRM Task question
Hi, I have a question regarding CRM task and Outlook Task on CRM v1.2, here is the scenario: "User A uses "CRM Task" on Outlook Sales Client to create a task and assign to User B User B updates the task on Outlook only and reply (or assign) back to User A Will the updated task (from the Outlook side) be the same updated task on the CRM if we don't use Online or Offline feature?" Because what happen is my user (user A) showed me an error message stating that there is an error synchronized task (from Outlook) to CRM task. She didn't use synch...

HOWTO CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding?
How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the intensive task, but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... Thanks On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:28:59 GMT, "michele" <mandelbort@oggiweb.com> wrote: >How to make a CPU intensive task without make GUI not responding? >For example, i want to show the user a progress animation during the >intensive task, >but this animation is blocked until the task has finished... >Thanks > Run the task in a low priority thread. ...

Bar Graph bars from opposite direction
I am graphing a few numbers in a bar graph. Typically, the bottom of the bar is "0", or the minimum value, and it goes UP to my data point. I would like the bar to come from the maximum direction. I guess it starts at Infinity, and goes 'down' to my data point. I already know "Reverse Order" exists, but that justs flips the graph upside down. (And the bars will start at 0 still) I know I could do some tricks and work-arounds to meet my needs....but just want to make sure there's not a quick way to do it. example: (bar graph of values "5", "...

Display Error Bar values on chart?
Is there a way to display the error bar values on a chart (similar to how you display the data point value)? Thanks. John You would have to add a hidden XY series with points near the error bar endpoints (or midpoints), and assign custom labels to these points. Use one of these utilities for the labels: Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler, http://appspro.com John Walkenbach's Chart Tools, http://j-walk.com - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ <robotman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1163794438.2050...

Sharing Tasks in the 2007 versions of Project and Outlook
Hi, I would like to export and work on my Project 07 tasks in Outlook 07. I am aware of how I can export them but this does not keep the link with Project. Could anyone tell me if there is a way of doing this in Microsoft or if there is an add-in I could purchase. Thanks Caz This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01CAB3DB.7FC83F40 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi Caz, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgroup :-) You might like to see Companion Products an...

Task Scheduler error
A long time ago I scheduled a task to load up a certain utility at 7 am. However, I've just realized it never gets loaded. I went into Task Scheduler to see what's going on, and as it opened I get this error: "An error has occured for task Reminders - owner. Error message: the specified account name is not valid" I'm looking at my task and I see that "When running a task, use the following user account" is set to "RICK \owner". I'm not sure how to check if that's a valid account name. I don't log on to my computer wi...

No Scroll Bar on Notes!
(Outlook 2007) There are no scroll bars on Notes! I have only just realise this, after this problem has caused me a great deal of grief. I have had a whole load of notes, out of view at the bottom, which I did not attend to on a project, because I didn't even know they were there! This awful design has made me look bad. Terrible! ss. The sticky notes notes? They've never had scroll bars. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-...

How to I reset my pound sign
I seem to have lost my pound sign and other keyboard symbols have changed also. I have checked that my keyboard is set to English UK Language and not US and have opened the control panel and checked the language settings and all state that the language is English UK. Despite all seeming ok I still cannot type the pound sign. I am using a wireless keyboard. This doesn't seem to be a Word problem, but what happens when you press the key that is meant to give you a pound sign? On Feb 20, 6:51=A0am, Bernie <Ber...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I seem to have lo...

task pane correction
To make the task pane go away I went under Help - Microsoft Excel Help- See Also - then clicked on - Online Content Settings and unchecked- Show Template help automatically when available. -- Diane @ SPSCA ...

Updating tasks with VBA script
I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks. Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook. My problem is the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days. (My keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field) I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates changed. Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert them with the modified dates. I would prefer to do this in Outlook but do not know the Outlook object mod...

Trapping the close message when sent from the task bar button
Hi, I am using a application that uses a Tray Icon. I need to make it behave like MSN Messenger. I am almost there and one of my remaining problem is that I can't see how to trap the "close application" message that is sent when the user right clicks on the task bar and chooses "Close", I need to hide my window in the case and I only want to be able to close my application by right clicking on the tray icon and choose "Exit" Thanks a lot! Simon ...

Workflow generated task and changed owner
We are using a workflow to inform administration staff about a new generated order. That works fine and the task will be generated for the right CRM user. But, if we change the owner of that related order also the task previously generated by the workflow will be re-assigned to that nre owner. With CRM 3.0 it was working fine (left the task unchanged). With CRM 4.0 the task owner will be changed unexpected. The first thougt which comes to me is that it might have something to do with "Type of behaviour". Open the task entity and double click on N:1 relationship name Acco...

Assigning Task to Queue or User
I have an issue with Assigning a task to a queue or another user. If the task is created in Sales for Outlook (SFO), the queue option is not available in the drop down list in the lookup table. The only option is the user. A reboot of the workstation seems to fix this, but man is this silly or what? The user is attempting this: Create a task for an order and assign the task to the receiving queue (all from within SFO). The queue does not show up to seach from in the Lookup Records Web Page Dialog. The weird part is that even if you go to CRM Web Client on the same machine, the qu...

Completed Tasks in Task View
In the Task view window, I have the tasks sorted by Category and all of the tasks in each category are sorted by due date, even the completed tasks. However, I don't want the completed tasks to show in this screen. How can I hide them? Thanks, Terry B. Create a filter for that view with the criteria "Complete equals no" -- you can do this on the Advanced tab of the Filter dialog. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:06960...

Excel 2002 Task Pane
The task pane is no longer on the view menu. I still can access usin alt+F+N. It does appear at startup. Does anyone know how to restore it to the view menu ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried view>toolbars>customize>toolbars and reset? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RP7073" <RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:RP7073.xihfn@excelforum-nospam.com... > > The task pane is no longer on the view m...

Help with a bar chart?
I have this bar chart and I have number totals for each month. Now...I need a average of all months together and show it as a number, but NOT have it show on the bar chart as a bar. Is this possible? You could add a horizontal line; see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm OR you could compute the average in a cell, click the text, in Formula bar type = then point at cell with average formula. This gives a tex...

Tasks with reminders
Hi, I want to make a Request Task for my collegues and have a reminder pop up on their Win2000 pc�s once a week. We use Outlook 2000 Can anyone tell me how to do this? Much Obliged Michael ...

Synchronising tasks
I have an application that creates tasks on a database and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. The problem is if the user edited or deleted the outlook tasks, I want the changes to reflect on tasks saved on the database. Is there any way to accomplish this? thanks in advance ! "Deck" <d@d.com> wrote in message news:dvor0i$ni2$1@emma.aioe.org... >I have an application that creates tasks on a database > and outlook at the same time. That's the easy part. > The problem is if the user edited or deleted the > outlook tasks, I want the changes to...

Custom Tool Bar
Hi, I created a custom tool bar in mdb form and converted to mde. When I place it in a share drive and give each user a copy of the front end the user opens the front end and it's the default Access tool bar menu and not the custom tool bar that i created. Why isn't the custom tool bar not locked and show the same in other users? ...