Tab Order in a Contact Form

I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the
General page.  However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in
fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list.  Is there
any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the
Tab Order list?

Thanks,
Shannon
0
Shannon1 (76)

All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you
put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the
frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog.

FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the
hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at
http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"Shannon" <Shannon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to
>the
> General page.  However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in
> fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list.  Is
> there
> any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in
> the
> Tab Order list?
>
> Thanks,
> Shannon

0
suemvp (4038)

Local Data Group
I'm familiar with creating Local Data Groups in Outlook. With the Offline client, a Local Data Group is automatically created to sync the owners contacts with the offline database. The problem is that when the user clicks the Contacts chekbox from Outlook | CRM | Options | Synchronization Tab it uses the same Local Data Group that is used for the Offline database. The problem is that I want ALL the contacts for all the accounts that I'm the owner for in my offline database. I do NOT want all those contacts im my Outlook contacts as there can be tens of thousands of contacts. In...

Tab Order in a Contact Form
I created a custom form, adding both buit-in fields and custom fields to the General page. However, when I go to Layout/Tab Order, only the built-in fields that exist on the built-in Contact form show up in the list. Is there any way for me to get the other built-in and custom fields to show up in the Tab Order list? Thanks, Shannon All controls (note: not fields) should appear in the tab order, but if you put some inside a frame, that frame will have its own tab order. Select the frame, then invoked the Tab Order dialog. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues...

Re: Re: api to check wheter xml is well formed
You mean the XmlTextReader. Ashish wrote: > Are there any functions in .Net which can be used to verify whether xml is > well formed? That's quite unusual requirement. Usually, when XML is built using XML API such as XmlTextWriter you don't need to check if it's well-formed - you can trust standard API. When your XML is loaded into in-memory store, such as XmlDocument - it's well-formed by definition. And when you just have a string or file and want to check it's well-formdness, use XmlTestReader: XmlReader r = new XmlTextReader(...); try { while (r.Read()...

Combine tabs from multiple workbooks into one
I was given twelve workbooks (one for each month). Each workbook has one tab. What is the fastest way to combine the twelve workbooks (thus the twelve tabs) into a single workbook? I can open each workbook and move each tab individually, I just thought there might be a more efficient way. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Hi Alayna See http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy3.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Alayna" <Alayna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCBB3B63-84D1-48BD-86D3-7F1D72E99C1C@microsoft.com... >I was given twelve workbooks...

Outlook 2007 Contact Display Missing Scroll Bar
When I open a contact I am missing the right-side scroll bar. How do I get it back? Thanks "Kristin M" <KristinM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCBDD990-4B7E-4D4C-BA57-279291464CA3@microsoft.com... > When I open a contact I am missing the right-side scroll bar. How do I get > it back? There is no right-side scroll bar on the Contact form, assuming you mean one for the entire form. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote: > "Kristin M" <KristinM@discussions.microsoft.c...

Exchange tasks tab on domain controllers
When we were running Exchange 2K, I could add a mailbox from any domain controller, but can't now that we've migrated to Exchange 2K3. Was this a function of connection agreements in Exchange 2K/5.5? Is there any way to re-enable this functionality? Thx. Phil: Thanks much. Is it my imagination, or are details like that hard to find? P >-----Original Message----- >On the domain controllers that are not running Exchange run the Exchange 2003 CD install on them. Install the management tools option. This will enable the tabs in AD on that domain controller. And, yes, ...

Using For....Next with Form Controls
I have got 3 label controls on a form; each label control has it own name (list below) - lbl_div_nbr_1 - lbl_div_name_1 - lbl_div_charge_1 These set of 3 labels are then repeats 3 times on the same form, with the name being the only thing that changes e.g. - lbl_div_nbr_2 - lbl_div_name_2 - lbl_div_charge_2 - lbl_div_nbr_3 - lbl_div_name_3 - lbl_div_charge_3 I would like to use a For….next statement to look through and set the values on these labels and make them visible, rather than having to write out 9 separate statements to do this, but my code below isn’t...

How to do a Merge in order to print mailing labels
HELP I'm working on a Mac iBook running on OS 9.2. I have Microsoft Word 98 and Microsoft Excel 98. I purchased Avery Clear Mailing Labels which say "use 8660 software layout". Each 8.5 x 11 sheet has 3 columns and 10 rows for a total of 30 labels. I have an Excel Worksheet entitled AveryLabels.xls in which: Column A:First Column B: Last Column C: Street Column D: City Column E: State Column F: ZIP SO, 6 columns of mailing address info and I have 46 rows worth of addresses. Will I be able to print the first 30 addresses on one sheet of labels and the remaining 16 on a second sh...

Icons change on IE tabs when using tabbed browsing
I've recently begun experiencing issues with the icons assigned to a site being changed on the tabs during tabbed browsing. For example, when clicking on NOAA on my favorites bar to look at weather from the NOAA site, I began getting the Wells Fargo icon on those tabs. The icon is still okay on my favorites bar, but now consistently shows the WF icon on tabs. I tried reassigning a new icon to NOAA, and it seemed okay for a while, but now I'm back to getting WF icons on NOAA tabs. This morning I had a lot of tabs open and suddenly my Fidelity icon was replaced by the Y...

CRM 3.0: Outlook Contact Synch Problem
When our users synch their CRM contacts with Outlook, it transfers all of their birthdays to their calendar. Since they have so many, this is a problem, especially for PDA users. Any way to turn just this feature off without shutting off the entire contact synch? ...

linking an excel workbook to an infopath form
i need some help... i have created a form in infopath and im looking for a portion of the data to be linked with an excel workbook... i have been told i need to deploy an xml schema in excel and i havent a clue how to do this... must i publish the infopath form so it's is an active xml doc.. right now it is saved as an infopath form template... please help... im in the mortgage business and the infopath form is a prequal form for my clients...im looking for a workflow where when i save a form the info automatically populates an excel workbook with certain info.. a way for me to track my d...

Colour Coding Contacts
Hi all, When I had Microsoft office 2003 xp I used to be able to colour code my contacts, high ight their names to easily tell what mail I had received, but now I have VISTA and run Windows Mail. I can not see where or how I can do this in this program . Does it do it at all? Can anyone help me Thanks in advance GM Windows Mail does not have a feature to color code contacts. However, you could set up a message rule to color the messages in the message list pane depending on who the sender is. Tools, Message Rules, Mail... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Giuli...

Email Tracking Tab
A gentleman I work with has his setup so he can go into his Sent Items and look at the tracking tabs on the messages. He's had this setup and working for some time now, but recently this is no longer working. He has delivery and read receipts requested for anything he sends. I can't find any logical reason why he does not have the tracking tab anymore. I thought maybe it only applied to messages sent to multiple recipients, but I sent test messages and it didn't make any difference. Did he already process the returned Exchange receipts? When they are marked as read and ...

Public Folder Contacts not appearing
Hello, I am trying to get a Public Folder Contact list to behave in a certain way. We have Exchange 2003 w/sp1, all clients running Ooutlook 2003 w/SP1 I can see all of the contacts within the /Public Folder/All Public Folders/ hierarchy, let's call it "Shipping Contacts". There are 55 contacts listed within. Now when a user wants to send an e-mail to one of these contacts they need to be able to: -open a new email -click "To" -Click the dropdown arrow under "Show names from the" and select "Public Folders" Nothing shows up here. I want the cont...

tab not tabbing to next cell
Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there a setting for this somewhere ? Lynn, It's trying to act like Lotus 123. Tools - Options - Transition - Transition navigation keys. Turn it off. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "lynn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:231f01c3a92f$c1d56290$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Tab button is moving to next page, not next cell. Is there > a setting for this somewhere ? Perfect. Thanks ! >-----Original Message----- ...

Tab order after using pop up calendar on date field
After selecting a value in a date field by using the pop up calendar, the tab order on the screen sometimes goes to the first dollar sign ($) on the screen and tabs through each dollar sign until the last one is reached and then starts tabbing through the fields starting with the first one instead of just tabbing to the next field. This happens if the cursor was in a text or number field and the value in the field was not selected (highlighted) when the calendar button was pushed. If the date was typed in to the date field (as apposed to selected using the pop up calendar) then the su...

Modifying ACC2007 forms
How can I modify the width of a single field without all of the fields being modified? This link should help. http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/A2K7Howtostopallcontrolsmovingtogether/tabid/84/Default.aspx kenrav wrote: >How can I modify the width of a single field without all of the fields being >modified? -- RuralGuy (RG for short) aka Allan Bunch MS Access MVP - acXP WinXP Pro Please post back to this forum so all may benefit. Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 Hi, ...

tab order #8
can you specify a tab order in excel? for example. can I specify the folowwing tab order: b1 b2 b3 b4 b10 b11 b12 and ofcourse how? gracias -- daolb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ daolb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24478 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=382504 Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips "daolb" <daolb.1raiyc_1119884723.3538@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:daolb.1raiy...

How do you make a two page purchase order?
I am using a Purchase order template, and the order needs to be 2-3 pages long. How do I continue the page on to another page and have the ending total be correct? If the sheet formulas are working correctly, then just put page breaks at the spots you want the new pages to begin. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200713 ...

Tab from one page to the next page in Tab Control
I'm stumped!! How do you get your tabs to go from one page in tab control to the next page? Right now, when I get to the bottom of the page, it tabs back to the top. I am using Access 2003 with Windows XP. I want to be able to tab from one page to the next as I complete my form. Any help is appreciated. -- retired_vol You'll need to use code to set the focus to the first control on the second tab in the LostFocus event of the last control on the first tab: Private Sub Control1_LostFocus() Me.Control2.SetFocus End Sub -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSte...

worksheet tab size
I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab height is too small for easy selection with the touch screen. Changing the default font size increases the height of cells, but doesn't affect the sheet tabs. Is there any way (other than changing the display's resolution) to increase the size of the sheet tabs? >-----Original Message----- >I have an Excel workbook with multiple worksheets running >on a HMI touchscreen display terminal. The sheet tab >height is too small for easy selection with the tou...

change width and hight of form
Hello there I have form which is opened in dialog mode Is there a way to change by code form with in this case? "Roy Goldhammer" <roy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uMBwFBwtHHA.668@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello there > > I have form which is opened in dialog mode > > Is there a way to change by code form with in this case? > You can pass the desired width and height using the OpenArgs argument of the DoCmd.OpenForm method, and then parse them in the Open event of the target form. Here's an example that shows two ways of sizeing the form us...

line series order Excel 2007
I have charts with over 5 series. I mostly reorder them by selecting the series and update the ordernumber in the formula of the series displayed in the formula bar, but ... the selected series is very often NOT showed in the formula bar , why is that? If you have actually selected a series, its formula will appear in the formula bar. If you've clicked on something else, like a data label, there will be no series formula. In the Name box (Excel 2003 & earlier) or in the top left of the two rightmost chart tools tabs, the name of the selected chart element will be displayed, so y...

tab textbox by a macro
I have some textbox in a user form... I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. This click will populate some data then I then would like the cursor to move to textbox2... How do I do it with a macro and not expecting user to hit tab or enter? Hi alberto, At the end of the code run by CommandButton1 insert the following. Me.TextBox2.SetFocus -- Regards, OssieMac "Alberto Ast" wrote: > I have some textbox in a user form... > I start on textbox1 and then once it is filled in a click commandbuttom1.. > This...