Syncronization of public folders

I use Outlook with Exchnage 2003 and I want to syncronize
some public folders to make them available when I am
using outlook offline.  Is this possible?

Any help would be much appreciated.

ACM
0
anonymous (74722)

Yes, add the public folders to your favorites.

/neo

ps - outlook 2003 will require you to check a box to get pfs added to
favorites to sync. (its part of the cached folder options)

"ACM123" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use Outlook with Exchnage 2003 and I want to syncronize
> some public folders to make them available when I am
> using outlook offline.  Is this possible?
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> ACM

0
neoheart (690)
7/13/2004 12:48:22 PM
Will this work with older versions of Outlook (ie 2002
and 2000)?

0
anonymous (74722)
7/13/2004 5:21:53 PM
yep.

> Will this work with older versions of Outlook (ie 2002
> and 2000)?

0
neoheart (690)

OLK folders
How long does Outlook keep the information in the OLK folders? (This is where the temporary internet files are placed). Does Outlook purge the files after a certain time frame? I am concerned about security from outside of our network. IIRC: If you open the message, open the attachment, close the atachment and then close the message the temp file should be deleted automatically. Clearing the Temporary Internet Files folder by using the Internet Options in Control Panel should clear the folder as well. If you really want to get rid of the folder you can relocate it by changing the Ou...

Set rights on folder
I want to make a script that makes 3 folders in the folder the script is run. (so far no problem) But one of the folders I want to change the folder security. Samlpe: Creating folder1, folder2 and folder3 Folder1 everyone, full controll, Folder2 everyone, full controll, Folder3 remove everyone and add the group "tecnical" -T Found all I needed here: http://www.activexperts.com/activmonitor/windowsmanagement/adminscripts/filesfolders/folders/ - T "Talinc" <terje@talinc.no> skrev i melding news:%23amqWNmcKHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I w...

Outlook Folders or accounts
I my Outlook 2007 I open two email accounts; everything works fine except for the reply. Even if I reply to an email in the secondary account, the SENT email gets posted in the primary account. What kind of rule can I write to MOVE it - or at least copy it - to the SENT folder in the secondary account? Thanks, Raul Rego NJPIES You need to create an After Sending rule. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-r...

Current folder
I have VBA code for inserting a picture as a header with the following code: With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .CenterHeader = "&G" .CenterHeaderPicture.Filename = "D:\Rosary\School_System\ROS_Logo.tif" What changes should be done in order to use the current folder in which the files are stored in? (If I moved the folder to another drive this will ot work). I tried the following in different ways, but no success! ..CenterHeaderPicture.Filename = ("ThisWorkbook.Path & "\ROS_logo.tif") If the activesheet isn't a sheet in th...

French names in folder list
My operating system is XP and in outlook some of my folder names are in french. Such as "Elements supprimes" and "Boite aux lettres". Outlook won't let me rename or change the name of the folders. IT changed some of the names back to English but they can't figure out how the change my Outlook Today folder from saying "OutLook Today - Boite aux lettres - Dennis. Please help!! ...

Folder order reversed in folder list (Outlook 2000)
In Outlook 2000, for most of our users, the Outlook Today folder appears at the top of the folder list, followed by personal folders in alphabetical order. However, for one particular user, the order of his folder list has somehow become reversed - Outlook Today appears at the bottom of the list. Is there an easy way to remedy this? ...

c:/temp/FixEngine folder created
Hi everyone. I've noticed a new folder created on November 16, 2006 called c:/temp. Inside this folder is a folder called FixEngine which is empty. I have found no information yet on Microsoft.com website about it's creation. Does anyone know what created these folders and is it safe to delete c:/temp or c:temp/FixEngine. You�ve landed in a Mac Office group. Sorry, you'll have to ask somewhere else--I assume a Windows forum. On 11/21/06 6:13 PM, "Vince" wrote: > Hi everyone. I've noticed a new folder created on November 16, 2006 called > c:/temp. Ins...

Cannot access Public Folders from Exchange System Manager
An Exchange administrator managing an Exchange 2000 server on a Windows 2000 server attempts to manage public folders but can't. If he opens System Manager, Administrative Groups, Folders, Public folders, he just does not see anything. No error, no message, nothing. No event in Event log as well. Public folders exist and are used by users. If the administrator attempts to manage public folders from Outlook he can see Public folders but if he attempts to create new ones he gets messages saying he does not have the rights. Accessing drive M: he can create new folders only in part of the ...

Symbols (Icons) in Sent Folder
I can't seem to find reference to the symbols used in the Sent folder. 1. Specifically, in the "Sort by: Icon" column, I'd like to know what the open envelope with the blue "i" in a circle means. I notice that this never appears for mail sent out of the office, but it may or may not appear for mail sent to individuals in the office and in the mailbox. I also noticed that the sent items with that symbol have a tracking tab, while those without the "i" do not - so I'm assuming they may be related. If so, I can understand why I can't tra...

replys not appearing in sender folder
Hello everyone. I currently open and monitor an additional email which is our customer feedback email account (exchange2000) under my Outlook 2002. when i reply to emails sent to this inbox the replys do not appear in the sent folder. but when i reply to an email in my own inbox the reply appears in my inbox. Can someone help understand why this may be happening. Thanks. Z Which Sent Items folder the one from the Inbox that you are replying from or your mailbox sent items "Z" <kenm@ilfo.com> wrote in message news:59a201c3e51e$a3cd82c0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello ...

Replacement for Calendar/Contacts Public Folders?
I own a Public Folders in our Exchange Server environment. Among other things, we have a folder of Contacts (customers) and a Calendar folder (vacations). I have been told by our Exchange IT people that they are developing a migration plan away from Public Folders since Microsoft keeps saying that they're going to drop them in some version of Exchange some day. So, my question is this: what is the replacement strategy for Contact and Calendar folders that integrated equally well with Outlook? Can SharePoint do this as well or better? It took a LONG time to get people to use the stu...

outlook 2003 view folder list
I have been using outlook 2000 since it was released. I set up the display (over all look) to show only the folder list wich includes contact, calendar....on the left hand side (LHS)and the expanded topic on the right hand side. Now I received outlook 2003 and want to get back that look I can't get it , my contacts and calendar is at the boton LHS, Its look cluthered... can some body help Jim There are a few things you can do to make Outlook 2003 look the way older versions did; however, not everything can be changed. See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2003/up031029.htm#classicview f...

GP Role page: be able to add folder and sort and hide items
Role page is excellent new feature but would be better if you could: 1. Be able to add folders like the shortcut bar and expand as needed. 2. When you look at the list of My Reports there should be options for Sorting and Order by which you would like to see the items under the My Report Heading. How does it currently decide what order they are in? 3. Choose how many items you would like to see under the headings. Now you have to delete if you don't want to see then have to add back again. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

messages not being moved to my sent items folder
Hello all, and thank you very much in advance for your help. A few days ago, I must have changed a setting or something, because now when I send e-mail in MS Outlook, the e-mails just in my outbox, changing from italicized dated e-mails to e-mails that have no sent date. For a day or so I tried resending these e-mails only to find out they are indeed being sent, but they don't then move to the sent items folder. This is frustrating and urgent, because all my business-tracking of correspondence is done by my dated e-mails that have for years automatically gone into my "sent ite...

Problem replicating public folders between two Exchange 2003 servers
Setup is two Win2K3 servers running Exchange 2003 Enterprise w/ SP1. Both machines are fully patched. I'm having a problem replicating some public folders between the two servers. Specifically, changes made to the folders on one server will not replicate to the other, but changes made on the second will replicate to the first. For example, a change I make on server A will replicate to server B, but a change made on server B will not replicate to server A. I've enabled diagnostic logging, server B generates the outgoing replication message, the message is received by server A and ha...

Clear Junk E-mail Folder
It seems that rule cannot be set to remove messages from Junk E-mail Folder on exit Outlook. Is there any way to do that? Thanks. I'm using OL2003. ...

Retreiving folder
Dear Friends, I am having 5 email account in outlook 2007. I was using it perfectly but today all of a sudden 1 of mine email account disappeared from the folder list. How can i get that account. please reply soon as it is very urgent. thanks and regards ...

Exchange2003 backup folder limits at 2GB
Hi, Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition + SP1 Exchange Server 2003 (Version 6.5 Build 7226.6: Service Pack 1) My boss loves to keep all mails in his inbox and its size is around 3GB then my backup software (Legato Networker) cannot backup his mailbox. Legato's support person said that it has to extract every folders to .PST file before backing it up but somehow the limit is still at 2GB. He said that the problem is somewhere on the Exchange engine that it still uses the old version of the .PST Is this true? Is there any method of getting beyond 2GB? Tha...

OE
Hi Group I have a laptop and a desktop running XP home and would like to add all historic emails and folders within OE from each to the other, effectively synchronising Outlook Express on both machines. Anyone know how to go about this? TIA Ron --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@netfront.net --- Real time synchronisation between two computers is possible, but only when the underlying mail account resides on an IMAP server. Real time synchronisation is not possible, if Outlook Express downloads messages from a POP3 server (and deletes them from...

Recovering Public Folders to a new domain
Hi! At one of our customers we've just reinstalled the domain all over again. It's an SBS2003 server with Exchange2003. We exmerged the mailboxes of the "old" installation and importet 'em into the new server, with great succes. Alas we "forgot" the Public folders. We've got a full backup of the "old" system but we would very much like not to make a full restore, the ideal situation would be just to restore the public folders to an alternative location and the move the contents to the new exchange server. My question is this then: Is there ...

Default Folder for PST files?
I have a slightly different question relating to the above: I already have my current & archive pst files stored in my own personal folders. When I want to open my archive folder I right-click Outlook Today & select 'Open Outlook Data File'. Everytime, Outlook defaults to its own path (Documents & Settings\User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\) This is really annoying & I would like it to default to opening a customised path, such as C:\Mail\ Any suggestions? -- Cheers, James Goodman Hi James, if you want to displace your pst file, please ...

Server Crash MDBDATA Folder saved
hi my dc/exchange server crashed, but i've saved the mdbdata folder... i've set up a new dc with a fresh domain and new exchange 2003 sp1 as before, but how can i migrate the mailboxes out of the old mdbdata folder into the new db? any help greatly appreciated thx andi You need the recovery storage group. But why SP1? SP2 has been out 6 months and is a killer upgrade. "andi" <andi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:98AACEE4-3951-42D7-A76C-94F822D34054@microsoft.com... > hi > > my dc/exchange server crashed, but i've saved the mdbdata ...

Public Folders Stores on Front-ends
The only folders I see under the public folder store are: Logon Public Folder Instances Public Folders Repication Status Full Text Indexing Does this mean that their are acutally no public folders on the front-ends? The reason I am asking is because I want to dismount and delete the public folder stores on my front-ends. The last time I did this mail started queueing up on the servers. Those aren't the folders you're looking at. Those are Exchange System Manager containers. What is in the Public Folders container? You should be able to remove the public store on your front end...

Problem "Mail Disabling" a Public Folder
Hi, The Environment: Exchange Enterprise 2K3 SP1 in Native Mode on W2K3 Enterprise SP1 and Exchange Enterprise 2K3 SP2 in Native Mode on W2K3 Enterprise SP1 Was migrated from a Exchange 5.5 environment. All remnants of 5.5 and NT4.0 are long gone. The problem: We would like to mail disable many public folders because we need to do a dump via LDAP or WMI of all the SMTP addresses to give to our external mail forwarder/scanner [FrontBridge]. Here is the problem: If I am in ESM and right click on a folder and them pick all tasks I am prompted for "mail enable" the public f...

Public folders...
I've just started setting up a public folders system in outlook 98, running exchange server 5. Is there a way to set the permissions of new folders to inherit the permissions of the parent folder? If you open up the properties for the top folder in Exchange Admin, you could check the propagate settings button on the main page of the property sheet. A small dialog window will appear with several checkboxes. Check the box that says client permissions, and click apply. All child folders will be set with the same client permissions as the parent folder. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio...