Syncing up two outlooks

I have outlook 2003 on my laptop and my home PC.  I would like to
"automate" and keep both fully syncronized.  I basically want a carbon
copy at any given time.  If I can't automate it, I'd like to at least
be able to easily (double click a batch file on ONE PC) sync at will.

I tried some $20-60 dollar sync tools on the web and I was not
impressed with any that I tried.  The programs didn't like the fact
that the source\target had Outlook running.  But I run outlook 24/7 on
both PCs.  I don't want to have to ensure both PCs have outlook closed
before syncing.

Is there anything out there that works well for what I want to do?

Thanks in advance
Phil

You cannot, as far as I'm aware, sync a pst whilst OL is open as it will
corrupt the pst.
http://www.synchpst.com/
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

<Philip.Garman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I have outlook 2003 on my laptop and my home PC.  I would like to
> "automate" and keep both fully syncronized.  I basically want a carbon
> copy at any given time.  If I can't automate it, I'd like to at least
> be able to easily (double click a batch file on ONE PC) sync at will.
>
> I tried some $20-60 dollar sync tools on the web and I was not
> impressed with any that I tried.  The programs didn't like the fact
> that the source\target had Outlook running.  But I run outlook 24/7 on
> both PCs.  I don't want to have to ensure both PCs have outlook closed
> before syncing.
>
> Is there anything out there that works well for what I want to do?
>
> Thanks in advance
> Phil

0
dl6256 (276)

Outlook pst break up?
Hello, Is there any sort of automated PST Break up scripts, etc that anyone knows of for outlook? I sometimes get multiple issues at the same time where its just the pst needs to be broken down. I would rather have a script to do these save break the sub folders up in alphabetical order into pst's. anyone see anything like this? I remeber awhile ago seeing this somewhere but not sure where.. This way I can work on more technical issues besides spending time at a desktop breaking a PST when I could set it automatically to break up and come back to a finished PST then just pop them onto ...

Outlook Creating Sync Problem Folders.....HELP
When Outlook 2003 perform the send/receive action. My mail comes in/out, however a box pops up showing there was an error. This error then goes into a sync folder as an email. I DID NOT create this folder. If I delete the sync folder, it re-creates itself. Any ideas on how to stop this madness? The sync folder is a system folder that Outlook needs and uses. Would probably be better to address the error, rather than merely trying to hide the reporting mechanism, no? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforl...

Outlook 98
I am running Outlook 98 on a Windows NT 4.0 system (SP6a - Hi Enc). I am able to get into the 'Options' at the top of Outlook today and modify the data that Outlook Today displays. I am a Local and a Domain Administrator. However, my colleague (who has exactly the same permissions as me and using the same environment - same image) cannot. He clicks onto 'Options' and nothing happens. He cannot modify the way Outlook Today displays. I cannot find anything about this behaviour in the Microsoft Online support and I cannot determine where this option is enabled/disab...

Maze game, two problems regarding painting
Hi, if you've read my other thread "Which class should handle the request to open a file" you might know that I'm making a simple game where the user controls a character that needs to find its way out of a maze (doc/view, sdi, MSVC++ 2008). The game is tile based and mazes are always 20*20 tiles. The document class holds a 2D-array of pointers to tile objects. There are a few different types of tiles and each tile knows how to draw itself (meaning each tile class has a draw() function that takes a CDC *). I have two problems: First problem: I don't want to redraw e...

Outlook windows error message
Everytime I close Outlook I get a Windows error message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then in the body of meesage there is a check in a box to restart Outlook. How do I get rid of this error. Outlook seems to run. Thank you. Do you have any details on the error? "Corky D" <astroman707@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eHveft4kFHA.2860@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Everytime I close Outlook I get a Windows error message "Microsoft Outlook > has encountered a problem and needs to close....

POS Sync After Every Z Report
Hi All~ I'm wondering if it's the expected behavior to have a POS on another station sync every time a Z report is ran? Should the database sync every time? I thought only when the POS was in offline status. I don't believe the POS is offline everyday, but everyday when we take a Z report, the database syncs with the POS with the database. Is this expected? Hi Jerry, It syncs every z because there may be changes to the items, taxes and other databases. -- * "Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message news:3ac97809.0411161303.32f35868@posting.googl...

how to find date between two date in query
Greeting, I have a form(search form) has two textboxes , one of them for start date and the other for end date. Also, I have a table which has many fields one of them is Expiry date. I create a form (filter by advisor form) has a subform for displaying the all records locating between the range (Start txt box and end txt box). The subform has a query which has all fields and the Expiry date field has criteria as follows: Between [Forms]![filter by advisor form]![ Start txt box] And [Forms]![filter by advisor form]![ end txt box] . Now when I put the two date in start and end text box an...

Two DC's acting as Backup DC, how to enable one of them as Primary DC
Hello Everyone, I inherited a network that has two domain controllers acting as backup domain controllers. How can I promote one of them to act as a primary domain controller. I noticed when opening Active Directory Users and Computer > Right clicked on the domain > Operations Masters > RID, PDC, etc. display "Error". Any help or direction is appreciated! Thanks! Hello J. Forti, If i understand you correct, 2 DCs are existing and none of them is listed as FSMO role holder. Please check this with "netdom query fsmo" in a command prompt. If ...

Outlook 2007 Links
I cant open links embedded in email within Outlook 2007. I get a message stating I should contact the account administrator. (this is a personal computer and i am administrator) This is something new that i have not seen before. Thanks in advance for your help. This is a problem with IE, its not an Outlook error. You need to reset your internet settings in IE's Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab. (Or Control panel, Internet options, Advanced tab). See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm for the latest information -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] O...

Remote sync
Is there a software out there that I can use to either remote sync my Outlook contact and calendar from my office to my home pc, or remotely update the calendar to my home pc without connecting to an exchange server. I have a standalone desktop running xp and connecting to a cable modem at home and I want to update my outlook calendar and contact from the office(T1 line). I will buy any device that will do the job. Ipaq, Palm or AT&T blackberry 7210 or anything works. If there is no software to do this, is it possible to do it with any other solution. Any suggestion will be very greatly a...

OneNote sync no linger syncs
I have oneNote 2007 installed on Laptop with Windows Vista. It has been syncing with my Pocket PC but it no longer does. Updates on either device are not carried to the other. I have uninstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC with no effect. What should I do? Thanks ....and I assume you REinstalled OneNote on the Pocket PC? What OS is the Pocket PC running? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazo...

Outlook 2007 and digital certificates
Hello, I've been using Outlook 2007 for a while with a digital certificate I have from Comodo. It is annoying how every signed e-mail I sent, Outlook has to ask me _twice_ about granting access to the certificate in order to send _any_ e-mail I want to sign. I have already trusted the certificate using the Trust Center in Outlook but it doesn't help. If the window for granting/denying access showed up only once I would not be bothered at all, but why twice? I didn't have this problem in Outlook Express nor in Outlook 2003. Is there anyway to fix this? I'd be very thank...

IF two different conditions are met #5
Not working either -- Anna ----------------------------------------------------------------------- AnnaV's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=961 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27065 ...

Deleting Messages in Outlook #2
This may the most basic question anybody's posted here in a while, but I'm having trouble with deleting messages in Outlook on my new work account and going directly to the next time-based message. I've got my messages sorted based on time in descending order like this: E-mail 1 - arrived at 12:00 E-mail 2 - arrived at 12:01 E-mail 3 - arrived at 12:02 E-mail 4 - arrived at 12:03 and so on. But if I open 12:00, and then click the X to delete it, it should go on to the 12:01 message, but it doesn't. It takes me back to the Inbox/Preview Pane view. However, if I look at 12:03...

Outlook 2002 Calendar and Task Data Source
If a machine is already set with Outlook today set for exchange mailbox, can it be changed to display the pst file information instead? ...

compare information from two spreadsheets or excel sheets
Don't know if any one can help, I am trying to find an easy way to compare data from one spread sheet to another on Excel 2000. Every week I create a spreadsheet and need to find out if any further items added on it. example old spreadsheet would be called Andrews 19.04.2010 with 3 sheets 4 columns on each. The new one would be Andrews 26.04.2010 same set up again but possibley new items on the Andrews 26.04.2010 Add a fifth corresponding column on the NEW sheet and insert the following formula in the first cell: =SUMPRODUCT((OldSheet!A:A=A1)*(OldSheet!B:B=B1)*(OldShee...

redirect all email from a domain to one or two internal mailbox on exchange
hi every body, i want to redirect all mails from *@domain.com to one or two internal mailbox (internal domain=test.com), i.e when user1@domain.com send email on user1@test.com, mail must be redirect on user1@test.com and user2@test.com If user2@domain.com send mail to user2@test.com, user1@test.com must receive the same mail. Thanks Exchange 2000 server possomfr@hotmail.com (Possomfr) wrote: >hi every body, >i want to redirect all mails from *@domain.com to one or two internal >mailbox (internal domain=test.com), i.e when user1@domain.com send >email on user1@test.com, mail mu...

Outlook 2003 Question #5
Could someone please tell me if it is possible to export the email address from outlook. I do not mean contacts, I mean when you start typing in an address and it apears in the to field even though you dont have the address in the contacts folder? I hope this makes sence...... Thanks in advance -- www.sg-consultancy.co.uk There is no address book in Outlook. All contact data is stored in Contacts Folders You are referring to the autocompletion cache, which is stored as a separate file with an NK2 extension. You can copy and transfer that file: http://www.ingressor.com/autocompletet...

Where does Outlook Save Attachments?
I just migrated from Eudora Pro, which saves all attachments in a folder called, well, "Attachments". Is there a way to get Outlook 2002 SP3 to automatically save attachments in a particular folder? I've searched the FAQ to no avail. Thanks for any help. Ken WB6QWF kenspam@notmyisp.com <kenspam@notmyisp.com> wrote: > I just migrated from Eudora Pro, which saves all attachments > in a folder called, well, "Attachments". Is there a way to get > Outlook 2002 SP3 to automatically save attachments in a > particular folder? I've searched the FAQ to no...

Two different totals from one field depending on criteria
I have an employee scheduling database that schedules employees for a 2-week period. I keep track of the days of the weeks by using 'Days' 11-17 (week 1, day 1 thru day 7) and 'Days' 21-27 (week 2, day1 thru day 7). I have a schedule screen for an employee that shows all the days and timeslots they are scheduled for with a total for the hours at the bottom. However, now the user would like to have separate totals by week (not a separate schedule, just the totals). I tried some things but am not experienced enough to figure out how to get one total (Day < 20) and a...

how do i make a chart with two seperate lines of data?
hi i have a historical sales chart from Mar 2003 to present that i'm trying to graph. however, excel is making me keep the data in one straight line if i try to seperate it into two rows, it adds another bit to the chart how do i graph sales using two seperate lines of data? Hi, This is best done in 2 steps. Create the chart with the first set of data. Then use the Source Data dialog to reselect the 2 data ranges, using the CTRL key to select the 2 separate ranges. So for data that is in the range A1:E1 continued in A2:E2 you would end up with a series formula like this, =SERIE...

Outlook 2007 Backup Command not showing up
After downloading and installing the Personal Folders Backup Tool, the Backup command is not showing up under the File menu. I'm using Outlook 2007 in a Win7 environment. It all worked fine on Outlook 2002 in a Win XP environment. Can anyone please help? Thanks in advance. You can just close Outlook and copy the PST file instead. tipep wrote: > After downloading and installing the Personal Folders Backup Tool, the Backup > command is not showing up under the File menu. I'm using Outlook 2007 in a > Win7 environment. It all worked fine on Outlook 2002 in a Win...

Outlook not syncing correctly
Hi Friday I had a nasty disk failure of a server which services a small network, it has only about 5 users. It's the only server in the AD, running as DC ofcourse, W2003 Sp1, Exchange 2003 Sp2. The disk was dead as dead can be. So the disaster recovery plan kicks in... yeah right. Last good tape turned out to be from august 15th 2005. Don't get me started on why. I put in a new disk, installed W2003 SP1 eval edition (only cd arround), restored from tape the c-drive, system state and exchange. After a few reboots solving minor issues about WMI etc, I started checking my mailboxes. Wit...

Can't send via Outlook Express
The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'theiremail@theirdomain.com'. Subject 'Cancellation of plan', Account: 'Cedric', Server: 'mail.myemailserver.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 <theiremail@theirdomain.com>: Relay access denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79 This is the error i receive. Anybody can help me solve the error? I can't seems to find the solution for it. Thanks a lot. Cedric wrote: > T...

matching a field from two table
Hi there Hope you guys can help me, for this conditions; From "referrence" database i have a numbers which have a range and need to match to result database i can call "to match" table to get the real conditions. For example, from referrence database i have 5429150&-4(number (from 0 to 4) and from "to match" table the filed is 5429152,. Logically it will not match,, But still have other's way to do. -tq for your help -- Cheers Mohsin Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 Mohsin ...