Synchronizing phone with Outlook

Hello all,

I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow me
to synchronize my MS Outlook (2002) calendar with the phone's calendar.
Do I need Bluetooth? ($$$) Is there free software out there that can do
this? I've seen a free program called BitPim, but it doesn't seem to
work through Outlook, and it doesn't support a lot of phones. Any
ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Rex

In article <1121903248.630422.110770@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
 rex.eastbourne@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow
> me to synchronize my MS Outlook (2002) calendar with the phone's
> calendar. Do I need Bluetooth? ($$$)

You should be able to do it with a phone to USB cable.  Motorola makes
them, and so do some third-party companies.

Motorola also sells the software to go with the phone; you can buy them
bundled.

--
Stop Mad Cowboy Disease:  Impeach the son of a Bush.
The Motorola software is MobilePhoneTools. You will also need a cable

On 20 Jul 2005 16:47:28 -0700, rex.eastbourne@gmail.com wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow me
>to synchronize my MS Outlook (2002) calendar with the phone's calendar.
>Do I need Bluetooth? ($$$) Is there free software out there that can do
>this? I've seen a free program called BitPim, but it doesn't seem to
>work through Outlook, and it doesn't support a lot of phones. Any
>ideas?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Rex

0
bbelvin (3)
7/21/2005 2:51:25 AM
You will need to check with the phone manufacturer that you select to see
what options are available.  You would also be best served to ask the
salesperson about relative costs for synching cables, software and
integration with Outlook before you purchase.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, rex.eastbourne@gmail.com asked:

| Hello all,
|
| I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow me
| to synchronize my MS Outlook (2002) calendar with the phone's
| calendar. Do I need Bluetooth? ($$$) Is there free software out there
| that can do this? I've seen a free program called BitPim, but it
| doesn't seem to work through Outlook, and it doesn't support a lot of
| phones. Any ideas?
|
| Thanks in advance,
|
| Rex

0
MillyS (3228)
7/21/2005 7:54:34 AM
rex.eastbourne@gmail.com <rex.eastbourne@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm going to get a phone from Verizon, and want one that will allow me
> to synchronize my MS Outlook (2002) calendar with the phone's
> calendar. Do I need Bluetooth? ($$$)

No, if the phone has a USB connection cable.

> Is there free software out there
> that can do this?

Usually available from the phone vendor.
--
Brian Tillman
0

OUTLOOK #238
I lost my TCP/IP connection within outlook overnight. I have no idea what to do, and I cannot send/receive. I triple checked my email account settings, thay are correct. I did not do a thing that would effect this, but my error message is (ox800cccof) They are either O's or Zero's I'm not sure. Please help. ...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Outlook 2000 #208
A security patch was updated and now I have to answer Yes over 100 times in order for an Access to generate an email through outlook. Any ideas how to force this to be skipped without rolling back the security update? Jeff Barrett <jeff@barrettsoftware.com> wrote: > A security patch was updated and now I have to answer Yes > over 100 times in order for an Access to generate an > email through outlook. Any ideas how to force this to > be skipped without rolling back the security update? This explains it: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2000sp2.htm . I don't k...

Theme font, Outlook 2007, can't change for new messages received
In Outlook 2007 some, but not all, new incoming messages are presented in a font that's called helvetica, but appears more like ALGERIAN. We have set the font for; New mail messages, Replying or forwarding messages, and Composing and reading plain text messages, to Arial 11, but it has no affect on the messages that are displayed in (?) ALGERIAN or helvetica. In 'Theme or Stationary', '(No Theme)' is selected, but in the pane to the right the heading, bullet, text, etc. all look like ALGERIAN. Some of the messages are to groups, but no other recipients see the ...

Outlook Trouble
Everytime I try to open Outlook, the screen goes black, then the Outlook problem comes up. I then get a error message that states "No profiles have been created. To create new profile use the mail icon in the control panel". Once I click the ok button the screen goes black again then when it comes back up it states, "Cannot start the Microsoft Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The server is not avaliable. Contact your administrator if this condition persist". I have setup a profile in the control panel as described. I am running Office XP, on Windows XP ...

How can I undate Outlook to a newer version?
I have version 9 and need 11. you'll need to buy it, either standalone (about $90) or in an office suite ($150 - 500) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM "Katcharlie" <Katcharlie@discussi...

outlook express problems #3
Hello, I have just installed XP home edition on a HP pavilion a319.dk. After the installation I tried to create an e- mail account using outlook express, but with the result that the computer broke down in the frist step of creating the e-mail account. I tried to reinstall the computer but got the same problem again. Have anyone tried that before Thanks Claus This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpre...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

chime when Outlook gets mail
Is there a way up change the sound? I'm on Outlook 2000 SP-3 9.0 with an XP machine and the sound is so subtle that I miss it sometimes. When i was on 98, it was a fairly clear two-pitch tone. ...

Outlook 2007 "Move to folder" default setting
By default, in Outlook 2007, when you right-click on a message and select "Move to Folder", the initial folder selected is the last folder that a message has been moved into. Is there a way to have this option always default to Inbox? Thanks much for the help! No, but you can also directly move the message to your Inbox folder via drag & drop instead of using the Move To dialog for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Outlook opens periodically
While working in an Windows XP environment and with a different software package, Microsoft Outlook opened. If minimized or closed it would reopen without the icon being clicked. Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted? I'm having the same exact problem. I have not found an answer yet. >-----Original Message----- >While working in an Windows XP environment and with a >different software package, Microsoft Outlook opened. If >minimized or closed it would reopen without the icon >being clicked. Is there a setting that needs to be >adjusted? >. > ...

Outlook user name error?
Outlook 2003 Comcast POP3 I get an user name error when trying to setup outlook to be the client for comcast mail. The comcast servers and ports are setup properly. I was wondering if the username convention might be a problem for my mother first.last@comcast.net I setup my account on her machine as xxxxxxxx@comcast.net and it went just fine. Is there a problem with the . (dot) in the user name field that outlook does not like? On web mail the user name/password works fine. Any help appreciated. She really likes outlook. -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net John...

Transfering Outlook Files to a new computer (Using Outlook 2007)
I recently bought a new computer (PC), and want to move my Outlook Account Information (Mail, Calendar, Contacts and Tasks) over to the new computer without having to re-enter everything by hand. I used to have AOL (sorry), and I knew the AOL folder (pfc folder) to copy and paste which stored everything with ease. I merely kept a copy of that AOL pfc folder on a data stick so if ever I had a computer crash, or bought a new computer, all my AOL address book and contact information could be easily transfered. I do not know how to find or access this information (folders/files) with...

Reports from outlook
When i run a report from my workstation than he always ask for my credentials. When i logon to the server locally with my credentials then it works. The CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 server are running on the same server. How can I solve the problem that i can run a report from the outlook client? ...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Outlook 2000 #56
Went to pick up emails when the assistant started jumping all over the screen and eraising everything. was able to import emails into outlook express but can no longer open outlook. tried to repair files and did a complete re- install but still cannot get outlook to work. This has only happened in the last 4 days. have run AVG anti virus, all ok and tried several other programs, all to no avail. Any suggestions - Help Please ...

Microsoft Outlook #47
I have used Outlook Express and I am presently using Mozilla Thunderbird for my email client. I would like to try Microsoft Outlook, but when I try to open it, I get a message "Can Not Start Microsoft Outlook". Microsoft Outlook is in my Microsoft Office folder and I use MS Word and Excel. Does anybody know why I can't open Outlook? Thanks, Don The version of Outlook? & o/s? You've tried an Outlook/Office repair using the cd? "DonL" <DonL@supportverizon1.net> wrote in message news:IX12k.24090$0O1.1313@trnddc07... >I have used Outlook Express...

OUTLOOK #295
UNABLE TO SEND MESSAGES DUE TO ERROR CODE 530 AND 0X800CCC78 Post back more politely (using small caps) state your Outlook version and what you want help with. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, FRED HAMMETT asked: | UNABLE TO SEND MESSAGES DUE TO ERROR CODE 530 AND 0X800CCC78 check your authentication method. http://www.authsmtp.co.uk/faqs/faq-25.html -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Ou...

Outlook Web Access #42
At the college I attend, we use Outlook Web Access to get our college related mail. I am using Win '98 on a DELL Latitude with IE 6. When I try to access my Outlook mail from the college web page, the Outlook page will not load completely. It appears to load the background of the page and part of the GUI - like the folder pane - but that is all that will load. I've downloaded ALL the windows updates and am running the current version of IE. All other pages I visit on the net load fine, it is just the Outlook Web Access that is not loading. Any help is greatly appreciate. Than...

Using attach item as shortcut in Outlook
Hi, I've seem similar questions posted but haven't found an answer to this issue we are having in Outlook 2007. - Create a New message in Outlook - Click "Attach Item" from the "Include" section on the "Insert" tab - Select an item at attach (I've been using items from my contacts) - Select "Insert as Shortcut" (you need to be in RTF - not HTML or Plain Text for this option to show up) - The item shows in the body of the message and you are able to double-click it to successfully open the item - Send the message to yourse...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

Outlook 2000 AutoArchiving
Auto Archiving will not work. Set to autoarchive anything older than 12 months in Inbox and Sent Items Settings are correct. manually trying to archive has the same results. No additions to the archive file, no deletions from the Inbox or sent Items box. Original mail imported from Outlook express, has this any significance? TIA Ian Yes -- the export likely changed the modified dates on the items in question. Check the Last Modified date on the items that aren't being archived as you think they should. That's the date Outlook uses to determine whether or not an item is ready t...

Outlook 2003/CRM 3.0 Error
Hi, I've just finished installing our first test CRM 3.0 server. This is a clean Windows Server 2003 Sp1 build, with SQL Server 2005, and CRM 3.0. Set up went ok, no problems. I've created a DNS entry of crm.domain.com pointing to the IP of the server. And I can access the CRM pages using IE via http://crm.domain.com However after installing the CRM laptop client (haven't tried the desktop client yet) on my laptop, and restarting, I receiving the following error message when I open Outlook: "There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. the server migh...