Synchronizing OL Data between multiple machines

If I wanted to synchronize the OL 2003 contents (i.e. email, contacts etc.)
of two (or more) separate PCs, does anyone know of a suitable utility?

Searching the net, I came across this site:
http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Backup_and_Synchronize/Review_00833_index.html
Has anyone used this or has any feedback on this product?

0
lalsitara (28)

Try here for a number of altertaives:

Synch two machines:

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm

"Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> wrote in message
> If I wanted to synchronize the OL 2003 contents (i.e. email, contacts
> etc.)
> of two (or more) separate PCs, does anyone know of a suitable utility?
>
> Searching the net, I came across this site:
> http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Backup_and_Synchronize/Review_00833_index.html
> Has anyone used this or has any feedback on this product?

0
BillR9171 (440)
7/12/2005 5:16:24 AM
Dear Sitara,

for 2 machines you get a link from Bill.

If you want to "synchronize" more then 2 machines, this sites can be also
interesting for you.

On this site is an article on various ways to share Outlook data:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011477571033.aspx

You will also find a list of third-party sharing tools:
http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Groupware

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

"Sitara Lal" <lalsitara@filter.indiatimes.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> If I wanted to synchronize the OL 2003 contents (i.e. email, contacts
> etc.)
> of two (or more) separate PCs, does anyone know of a suitable utility?
>
> Searching the net, I came across this site:
> http://www.mapistore.com/Outlook/Backup_and_Synchronize/Review_00833_index.html
> Has anyone used this or has any feedback on this product?

0
trash5936 (201)

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

How to Transfer xml data from VB6 server to Excel2003 (client) fast?
My application is initiated by a user on client (the user choose a report) then I make a server side calculation by using the office web component (simulating Excel in an ActiveX dll) VB6. Then I would like to send the resulting data to the calling client (Excel Addin + VB6 Client). I'm using Excel2003. Why I make a serverside calculation instead of send the values and formulas to Excel and let Excel do the work on the client are : 1. I want to filter the data after the calculation and only send part of the resulting data 2. Some clients will be browsers without calculations possib...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Comparing two sets of data, and outputting the matches to another location
Hello. I have a problem I've been working on for a few days now, and I can't seem to come up with a solution. I have two columns of data. The first is a list of company employees sorted by last name (about 10,000 names), followed by the department they work in. The second is a sample list of the employees (about 200 names), also sorted by last name, and the computer systems access level they have. What I want to do is compare the second list to the first list, and where the names appear on both lists, output the data from both columns (for that name) to a third location. The goal...

Import data to pivottable
Hi Is it possible to create a pivot with reference to several data from diffent sheets in the same excel file. I am trying to manage data on money transactions. These transactions are different in their nature (grouped into the different types) and I would prefer if they were in seperate sheets. Next problem... In these sheets I want to manage transaction from an account to an other account, therefore I got 2 colloms with the name "account name". This curses some problems because I want the "Row" of the pivottable to be "Account name". I want the pivottab...

Capturing data
I am working on a registration form for a meeting. I currently have a sheet set up as a registration form with cells for various fees to be paid by the registrant. My current plan is to use a seperate sheet for each registrant (approx 100 - 150) all within the same workbook. The question is: What would be the best way to summarize the various amounts paid and the numbers of people registered for each event all onto one sheet? I looked at using a Pivot Table, but apparently my data on the registration form is not arranged correctly. I have been looking at using a summary sheet with...

List Listbox data in column
Hi all, How can i list all data of a Listbox in a cloumn Dim i As Double On Error Resume Next For i = 0 To Me.ListBox1.ListCount Application.ActiveCell.Offset(i, 0).Value = _ Me.ListBox1.List(i) Next i -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "K" wrote: > Hi all, How can i list all data of a Listbox in a cloumn > . > ...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Multiple pages open when I open Excel
I was working away in Excel and thought I had clicked the Save icon o the standard toolbar. At that point the block of figures I had bee working on became highlighted (I wasn't using any formulae) I the closed the Excel programme and tried to open it again and this tim multiple pages opened each was a copy and each highlighted in the sam way! Can ayone explain what I did wrong? I just want to save, close an open normally -- Lancashire Lass Do your "pages", which are worksheets,Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP have a number after the filename like filename.xls:1 and filename.xls:2 ...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Physical Inventory data collector
We are currently getting ready to do a physical inventory, and unfortuneatly we are trying to start with a clean slate on inventory. My question is which portable data collectors are compatible with RMS, and would require the fewest ways of importing the data. We did an inventory six months ago, but some items are not in inventory and others supposedly there but not. While count sheets help eliminate the items that aren't in stock, the items that exist that aren't listed seem to get overlooked. Excuse my ignorance on this, I just recently came on board with this retail shop,...

data encryption
Anyone know details of data encryption for Access 2003. I can't find any reference in 'help', but I'm sure I've seen something about it in the past. Richard -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com you can use data encryption if you are using ADP FILE, CONNECTION, ADVANCED "atlantis43 via AccessMonster.com" <u24690@uwe> wrote in message news:717a465fabd40@uwe... > Anyone know details of data encryption for Access 2003. I can't find any > reference in 'help', but I'm sure I've seen something about it in the past. >...

Charting quarterly data in XL2000
Just curious if there is a way to make a quarterly bar chart as a time-scale and not have gaps between the bars. I would prefer not to use a category axis I am also trying to avoid turning the numbers into monthly data. If not, I think it would be a good addition Well, a time scale, by definition, will have to account for all the time between the ends of the quarters. So, if you don't want a category axis (I have no idea why not) and don't want a gap between the bars, I believe you might be stuck. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta, MS MVP -- Excel www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPo...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...

Data range in Array worksheets
Hi, After several attempts to work around but fails to run the complete codes Thus, I need help to join the 2nd part of vba codes below so that I can make the changes in each sheet("P+L") of every workbook in J folder, thereafter make the defined data range in each sheet of every workbook in that J folder for data consolidation purpose : - Sub Totals() Application.DisplayAlerts = False Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Const MAXBOOK As Long = 4 Dim i%, SheetArg$() Dim sPath1 As String ReDim SheetArg(1 To MAX...

using multiple command line switches
Can this be done - I'm trying to do: outlook.exe -c IPM.Note /m dave@dave /a c:\t.txt as far as i know, no. "Dave" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:299601c4709e$239f90a0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Can this be done - I'm trying to do: > > outlook.exe -c IPM.Note /m dave@dave /a c:\t.txt ...

Copy a Data Series Between Graphs???
Hi- I'm using Excel 2002 and I've got a lot of graphs, all of which are based on a common spreadsheet, which require the regular movement of data series between the graphs. It would be wonderful if there was a simple way to cut & paste or copy these data series between the graphs. Can it be done? Someone asked for more specific info...here it is: > >I have a spreadsheet that shows data for all 50 states. > >I have about 10 graphs which show this data, but only for certain >states. (All graphs are very similar, except for which states are on >which graph.) &...

How to change OL 2007 storage location?
I would like to move my mail archive off drive C into another partition. Is there a way to do this and can folders be placed in separate files such that OL 2007 can use them as working files? Thanks, John. Yes, just move the .PST file and then change the account settings for the mailbox that points to it. But its all or nothing, all of the folders under the same email account have to point to the same .PST file, you can't have the INBOX and SENT in one .PST and the CALENDAR, CONTACTS and TASKS in another. You can have the .PST's for each email account in different ...

Outlook on Exchange server machine
Hi, I've just been told that I shouldn't have Outlook installed on the same machine as MS Exchange 5.5 What problems is this likely to create? Will I get the same problems if its installed but not running, and is only called by a program that creates an outlook object in order to send mail automatically? By the way the machine I'm talking about is W2000 SP3, running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on an NT4 domain. Thanks in advance Steve W Outlook makes changes to the MAPI subsystem. Microsoft does not recommend installing Exchange Server and Outlook on the same computer http://support...

New essay: The Best Synchronization is No Synchronization
In response to an earlier post saying that messages should not be used for synchronization and that primitives like mutexes, events, and semaphores were better suited, (note also that CRITICAL_SECTIONs had been omitted from the list, probably an oversight, and timers had been included, for reasons I cannot ascertain because timers have nothing to do with synchronization). I offer a counterargument: these primitives are the assembly code of synchronization, and mechanisms like messages and I/O Completion Ports provide much better alternatives most of the time. We should be searching for highe...

MSCRM tools for data deduplication
Hi ppl, We are looking to use it for a potential MSCRM project for a large entreprise customer. The customer has multiple sources of customer data (over 5 databases), and what we are trying to achieve is to build a single source of customer data (ie, a customer master database in MSCRM). As there are multiple sources of customer data, there are many duplicate customer records. (eg, records could be in format such as Anthony Smith, Tony Smith, Toni Smith, etc). What we plan to do is to write some data conversion scripts using the MSCRM Data Migration Framework to load data from these datab...

Embedding pictures on data points of a chart
Hi, Im trying to embedded the pictures on data points of a chart through VBA using following code. ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(1).Points(4).DataLabel.Fill.UserPicture PictureFile:="C:\Syam\PptPics\Picture4.jpg" ', PictureFormat:=xlStackScale, PictureStackUnit:=4 , PicturePlacement:=xlAllFaces But im facing error. If if using the code after removing the ****************** PictureFormat:=xlStackScale, PictureStackUnit:=4 , PicturePlacement:=xlAllFaces ***************** in the abovecode then the picture can be imported with out any error. Can anybody tell me how to proceed th...