Synchronizing offline folders is sometimes very slow

My company recently moved to Exchange 5.5 (all latest
patches) and Outlook for all clients (98, 2000, 2002,
2003).  We will be moving to Exchange 2003 within the next
year but are stuck with 5.5 for the time being. We have
about a dozen laptop users for whom we have set up offline
folders, which generally are working fine.  However, I
have one client in particular (Outlook 2002 sp2, Windows
2000 sp4) who is having synchronization problems.  It
sync's fine sometimes but other times it will start
syncing and take an hour or more(and transfer 50MB) when
it appears nothing significant has changed.  This happens
both on our LAN and on his home VPN through DSL, with the
VPN connection at times taking multiple hours to sync.  He
does have a big OST (about 930MB), but that doesn't seem
unreasonable compared to others here who have ones twice
as large.

IFRAMES offline....is that possible?
Hi, We have probably all seen the IFRAME solution in which CRM's internal webpages are shown in an IFRAME, e.g seeing assoicated activities on the contact general tab... However,when the user goes offline, the local cassini server takes over. Does the internal webpage IFRAM solution still work? Does this work offline? Thanks M Think it depends on what you're planning to display in the IFrame - typically this will be a link to some related web page so the question is can you reach that web page when off-line from CRM? If that's possible then you might be able to some jav...

how do I stop outlook 2003 from synchronizing folders
this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually doing it? thanks Mike (from Australia) mikeo;143428 Wrote: > this synchronizing is a real pain...how can I stop if from continually > doing > it? > > thanks > > Mike (from Australia) What type of email account do you have? If Hotmail using the Connector, remove the account, uninstall the connector and install v14 beta connector then recreate the account. Outlook Connector14 Beta 32-bit: http://tinyurl.com/y8vkkx2 -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions...

SSL OWA slow launch logon screen and certificate alert popup
Hi...I enable the SSL (form base) on OWA at Exchange server...now here comes two issues: 1) the speed of launching the first screen of OWA is very slow on the WAN computer, the LAN computer is perfect. 2) the certificate alert screen is still showing up at the WAN computers, but not LAN computers, even after I installed the certification in IE. the alert message says with yellow ! sign: "The security certificate was issued by a company you have not chosen to trust. View the certificate to determine whether you want to trust the certifying authority." I tried to install the certificat...

New account slow to appear in global address list
When we create a new account that account can take several days to appear in the global address list. You can search for and find the account within the global address list by clicking To: in a new email, then clicking Advanced, Find and searching for the user by first or last name. Why would the system be so slow to include an new account in the GAL, and is there a way to force it to be faster? THanks Do your clients use Outlook in cached mode? If so, don't forget that you are using the Offline Address Book in this case. Therefore, you need to check when the OAB is rebuilt on ...

Automatically display folders with unread messages
Is there the Outlook Express equivalent of "Automatically display folders with unread messages" in Outlook? I cannot find it. ...

Public Folders 03-09-10
I have Public Folders in Exchange 2007 enabled due to legacy requirements. How can I view/edit the permissions (security tab?) with Exchange 2007 tools? Is there a way to bulk configure replication of PFs? Tx Hi there, Ensure you are running SP1 or SP2, when you open the Public Folder Management Tool click on a folder in the left pane, and then you should be able to right click a folder _in the right pane_ and see the permissions tab. Alternatively PFDavAdmin or ESM (2003 Management Console) are good (better some say) alternatives. Oliver "Vinkie" &l...

Synchronization error
We have a user who receives an error each time her Outlook attempts to synchronize on her laptop. In the synchronization log in her deleted items, it appears as: 8:57:13 Error synchronizing folder 8:57:13 [8004010F-501-8004010F-521] 8:57:13 The client operation failed. 8:57:13 Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store 8:57:13 For more information on this failure, click the URL below: 8:57:13 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_u s.asp?err=8004010f-501-8004010f-521 The strange thing is, it does not appear that anything is synchronizing incorrectly...

Slow mail delivery
I've had a problem with some people in the office complaining about their email taking a really long time to send out. Even takes long when sending messages within the office. Any help on this???? Thanxs Are you using Exchange server? You'll really need to provide a lot more information if anyone is to help you....try again? Jim Barclay wrote: > I've had a problem with some people in the office > complaining about their email taking a really long time > to send out. > Even takes long when sending messages within the office. > > Any help on this???? > &g...

Outlook 2007 "Move to folder" default setting
By default, in Outlook 2007, when you right-click on a message and select "Move to Folder", the initial folder selected is the last folder that a message has been moved into. Is there a way to have this option always default to Inbox? Thanks much for the help! No, but you can also directly move the message to your Inbox folder via drag & drop instead of using the Move To dialog for this. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.ms...

Synchronization issues for Calendar items in Entourage 2004
I'm using Entourage 2004 to connect to an Exchange 2003 server at work. On my desktop, the calendar seems to work fine. But from laptops, there are problems: I made changes to a couple of calendar items, and eventually closed the laptop. I got to work, and don't see the changes reflected here. Another laptop I opened at home took one old calendar entry and used it to replace a more recent one, losing my changes! What's going on - is there a way I can track the synchronization and perhaps set some clients to be "read-only"? I hate the fact that some changes don'...

Synchronization
Our Windows XP machine syncronizes with a folder on the server named "Dennis". We have added a new user and want it to synchronize to a different folder .. for "Brad" ... But the synchronize manager will not allow us to change the folder. Have read instructions and find no solution ... Appreciate any assistance ... Brad ...

Child domain can't get the Offline Address book but parent domain can.....
Our child domain outlook users keep getting the following synch error: 13:35:52 Synchronizer Version 11.0.8000 13:35:52 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Dan Kringle' 13:35:52 Synchronizing Hierarchy 13:35:52 Done 13:35:52 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 13:35:52 0X8004010F But when I log on to one of their machines as a parent domain user and access my mail, I don't get the error. any ideas??? The replication status is In Sync.... but the users are still getting the same errors... "Dan Klinge" <Dan@YoMamasHouse.com> wrote in message news:ukoz0DvPGHA.5740...

Synchronize personal addressbook with LDAP server
Can I synchronize my personal addressbook with LDAP server. I am looking for a utility that can synchronize in the background without any interaction required Thanks Ram Please cc me at ram @ netcore.co.in I am not subscribed to this list ...

Public Folders #64
I am preparing to install a new Exchange 2003 server along side an Exchange 2000 server to move all the mailboxes and public folders. I am currently running through the steps in test and have had no issues with the mailboxes. I have tried the pfmigrate tool, just replicating the folders and also the Move all replicas. None of the current public folders appear under folders when I am connected to the New E2K3 server. I created a new folder on the E2K3 server and it does appear. Currently the folders are in sync so they should be seen from what I have found. What am I missing? Th...

Can't see Potential Customers in Offline Mode
When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view them, I cannot see the Potential Customers for the accounts I don't own, even though they are shared out to me and I'm a CRM admin. Why is it doing this? Thanks. -- Client Solutions Manager Micro Strategies Hi, You have to define rules for offline mode in Menu CRM. By default, only rule for "My Account" are defined. Regards, Andrey "Kyle Conquy" wrote: > When I go offline and use Outlook for CRM, click on Opportunities to view > them, I cannot see the Potential Customers fo...

Public folders prompts for password with ESM
When I try to administer public folders with ESM in Exchange 2003. I am prompted for a password. Not sure of the correct authentication setting in IIS also I get free/busy errors when user tries to schedule meetings. The 3rd issue I'm seeing on exchange server in the event viewer is an id # 7004 this article explains last error http://support.microsoft.com/kb843106 . Has anybody seen this issue before? One other issue I get if I enter wrong password it hangs and I kill it with task manager. On 18 Dec 2004 23:29:51 -0800, "Bill" <bruauge@hotmail.com> wrote: >When I try...

System folders in Shortcuts
Using Outlook 2003, a few months ago I managed to add folders and programs from my C: drive to the Shortcuts pane in Outlook, like my C:\Templates folder, and Notepad, and a few other things. Now, I cannot remember how I did it, and I'd like to add some more. Drag and drop doesn't work. How do you do it? Many thanks. Larry Wahlers Concordia Technologies The International Center The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod St. Louis, Missouri USA Ah, sheesh. My buddy showed me, and yes, it's drag and drop. You just have to drop it *right on* the word Shortcuts for it to work, not somewh...

creation of synchronization log messages #3
I have outlook XP on win2k, and my deleted items folder is being filled by "synchronization log" messages at the rate of 1 per minute. They appear to be simply a log (no problems indicated). Here's a sample from the log... 16:44:06 Synchronizing Hierarchy 16:44:06 Synchronizing Favorites 16:44:06 Synchronizing Folder 'Inbox' .... 16:44:07 Done 16:44:08 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 16:44:08 0X8004010F Where is a setting in outlook where I can disable this? Thanks! Tools->Send Receive. Set your offline folders to only sync on exit. --� Milly Staples...

Outlook extremely slow #3
Outlook had been working fine until I installed Norton Antivirus. It now takes several minutes to load. Could this be the problem? Is there any way to fix this? ...

Cannot close archive.pst folder in Outlook 2003
When attempting to close "Archive Folders" (archive.pst) after running "Archive", I get the error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found" every time. No other info comes up. Outlook 2003 SP2 (part of Office 2033 Pro), default security mode, up to date on updates. tgbonzo@bellsouth.net <tgbonzo@bellsouth.net> wrote: > When attempting to close "Archive Folders" (archive.pst) after running > "Archive", I get the error message "The operation failed. An object > could not be found" every time. No ...

Sent Folder
Can anyone tell me how to change the FROM in my sent folder to TO? All my emails in the Sent Folder read my name.. so I can't tell who there to unless I open them. How do I change this to see who I sent them to? Any help appreciated!! Right click a column header in your Sent items, select Field Chooser = from the options, and then add the TO: column to your view. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Lori ...

File Synchronization
So that I have my documents with me at all times and so that "My Documents" are the same on both my home desktop and my laptop, I set my "My Documents" address on my laptop to my "My Documents" folder on the desktop and set the files to be made available offline. As with all offline shared file synchronization processes, when I synchronize my files, the system scans all files of both computers for any changes or new files, and if and only if there are any, it synchronizes those changes or new files. For some odd reason, I have a handful or so of ...

Not able to archive calender folder
Hi All, I have tried to archive my Outlook 2003 calender without success. When I archive outlook calender, no item is archived. The archive process start for few seconds and then just stopped without any notification. When I check on the Archive folder, no item are archived. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260217/en-us?spid=2520&sid=69 I have also verified the modified date as specified in the KB article is older than the archive date specified. I have also disabled cache exchange and restart archiving but it does not help. Thanks! "ping" <wterng@gmail.com> wrot...

Vista default folder view
Hi In XP I could change the default folder view. In Vista it is harder. I have found Organize -> Folder options. but when I make changes Apply to folders and Reset folders. These buttons are disabled. Why. Desmond. Hello Desmond, For "Apply to Folders" to not be grayed out, you will need to open Folder Options from within that same Windows Explorer window and not from say the Control Panel or another window. If you wanted to have the default folder views, then this can help show you more on how to. http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70819-windows-explorer...

Synchronizing Outlook between two computers
I have Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. I would like to synchronize them (using the desktop to update the laptop). I've done some searching on the internet and not found really helpful information (other than software to do it). I didn't know if there was a way to do it other than by purchasing software (my two computers are networked together via a router). Any suggestions? G'Day Ken, There is no in-built mechanism. Since your systems are on the same LAN, you must buy something like SynchPST: http://www.synchpst.com/ Install...